Photo

[WIP]GTA: Vice city xBox2PC

130 replies to this topic
Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Apr 23 2008, 15:58)
Gunnie can you give me all vehicle txds from XBOX Vice City?

A lot of Thanks in advance!!!

Better wait for the release of the mod.

Guys, I've got a lot of cars converted, tomorrow I will update the list and maybe for the next weekend, the first release will be for download.

I must talk with Boris about do a new d3d8.dll...

Greetings!

Garfield 2
  • Garfield 2

BMW Maniac

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

There are differences between Xbox & PC versions of SA - the game has all txd's in higher resolutions (in my opinion) also the reflections are different, but the game its self is nearly exact same.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

QUOTE (Garfield 2 @ Apr 26 2008, 12:42)
There are differences between Xbox & PC versions of SA - the game has all txd's in higher resolutions (in my opinion) also the reflections are different, but the game its self is nearly exact same.

Wrong. Nothing changed in XBOX SA.

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:51 PM

Well guys, I've got a great news and too bad news, I'll start with the bad news.

I'm too busy with the school, and I really can't do anything for the mod untill at least, the 15th day of this month (when I get the holydays! biggrin.gif ) so, untill the date, I will not do anything for the mod, or maybe the weekends, but nothing special.

The great news is the effects of the mod. BorisVorontsov made a special version of ENB Series for this mod, with only the reflections and some other things for the mod. Looks amazing, but exists a problem; I can't use the d3d8.dll of DexX if I use the d3d8.dll of ENB Series, but well, Boris has made a great Specular Reflection too for this edition of ENB Series, and I've edit the .EXE for add the trails options in the "Display options" menu of the game, so then, we will not need the d3d8.dll of DexX. The game now it's perfect for be the xBox version of Vice city!

And well.. no more news, sorry, but the mod isn't dead.

Greetings!

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

Hey! How about a big nice cup of shut the f*ck up?

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Gunnie @ Jun 3 2008, 18:51)
Well guys, I've got a great news and too bad news, I'll start with the bad news.

I'm too busy with the school, and I really can't do anything for the mod untill at least, the 15th day of this month (when I get the holydays! biggrin.gif ) so, untill the date, I will not do anything for the mod, or maybe the weekends, but nothing special.

The great news is the effects of the mod. BorisVorontsov made a special version of ENB Series for this mod, with only the reflections and some other things for the mod. Looks amazing, but exists a problem; I can't use the d3d8.dll of DexX if I use the d3d8.dll of ENB Series, but well, Boris has made a great Specular Reflection too for this edition of ENB Series, and I've edit the .EXE for add the trails options in the "Display options" menu of the game, so then, we will not need the d3d8.dll of DexX. The game now it's perfect for be the xBox version of Vice city!

Greetings!

AWESOME NEWS!! the 15th isnt so for away! so hats great!!

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (jojo_7 @ Jun 3 2008, 18:49)

Greetings!

Yeah, and maybe for the end of the month could be release the first beta (what will include all cars converter and the stuffs I said in the first post).

And in a future, in anothers betas, I'll do another things, like the 3D hands in the cut scenes, etc...

When I will finished this mod, I'll start with the GTA III version biggrin.gif

Greetings!

GRIM!!
  • GRIM!!

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:18 PM

Really looking foward to this!

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE (Gunnie @ Jun 3 2008, 20:55)
QUOTE (jojo_7 @ Jun 3 2008, 18:49)

Greetings!

Yeah, and maybe for the end of the month could be release the first beta (what will include all cars converter and the stuffs I said in the first post).

And in a future, in anothers betas, I'll do another things, like the 3D hands in the cut scenes, etc...

When I will finished this mod, I'll start with the GTA III version biggrin.gif

Greetings!

awww... but without the Xbox hands it will be not as cool as with Xbox hands biggrin.gif

vakooja
  • vakooja

WASTED!

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:20 PM

My hat's off to you, I've always hoped someone would do this! Keep up the good work, it's looking great so far!

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Gunnie @ Jun 3 2008, 16:51)

Greetings!

That's fantastic news. Even with just the vehicles and d3d8.dll graphics it will be great! Can't wait for a release biggrin.gif

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:22 AM

Another great thing for today (this one thanks to g30dud3):

Now, the mod will has got the flame and explosions of the xBox version. The original version of the xBox has got more textures and more quality. By default the game has got five or six textures, but with a .ASI file of AK-47, the game can now run with 15 explo## textures and 45 flame## textures! and a bit edited particle for a best color of the fire. Now, in this aspect it's fully looking alike to the xBox version. The problem is; this effect is taken from GTA III, and the xBox version of GTA III has got more explo## than the xBox version of Vice city. Vice city has got the same textures in both versions (PC and xBox) and now, I must repeat the textures or learn how to edit the .ASI file for change it, or maybe contact with AK, I don't know... but well, except for it, all looks great.

The mod really looks promising I think. Thanks another time g30dud3 for give me the link to this mod!

Greetings!

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE (Gunnie @ Jun 4 2008, 02:22)

Now, the mod will has got the flame and explosions of the xBox version. The original version of the xBox has got more textures and more quality. By default the game has got five or six textures, but with a .ASI file of AK-47, the game can now run with 15 explo## textures and 45 flame## textures! and a bit edited particle for a best color of the fire. Now, in this aspect it's fully looking alike to the xBox version. The problem is; this effect is taken from GTA III, and the xBox version of GTA III has got more explo## than the xBox version of Vice city. Vice city has got the same textures in both versions (PC and xBox) and now, I must repeat the textures or learn how to edit the .ASI file for change it, or maybe contact with AK, I don't know... but well, except for it, all looks great.

The mod really looks promising I think. Thanks another time g30dud3 for give me the link to this mod!

Greetings!

can you also attach the Xbox hands to IG charecters? (like in the GTA3 modeles, because they didnt have IG or CS modeles, they used a CS stiled model [with eyes and fingers] for all charecters, an in the Xbox version Claude has sepirite fingers when tot in a cut scene too)

AK-73
  • AK-73

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (Gunnie @ Jun 4 2008, 01:22)

Greetings!

I can modify it fairly easily for you. Just pm me (as a reminder) the specifications you need. Also flames need to be adjusted for some moving vehicles, yes?

Alex

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:20 PM Edited by Gunnie, 04 June 2008 - 01:30 PM.

QUOTE (jojo_7 @ Jun 4 2008, 05:32)
can you also attach the Xbox hands to IG charecters? (like in the GTA3 modeles, because they didnt have IG or CS modeles, they used a CS stiled model [with eyes and fingers] for all charecters, an in the Xbox version Claude has sepirite fingers when tot in a cut scene too)

Yeah, I can, but for what? because the high details hands is only in the cut scenes, not in the in game models. For the GTA III version of "xBox2PC" I will do it, but for Vice city not. And I can export the CS models with the hands, but how in game model, so, in the cut scenes will not move the mouth, the eyes, and another parts.

I've got the original code of the hands from the xBox version of Vice city, was wrote in XML (how I said in the first page) but, I don't know how to put it working in game, really sad.gif we will need a lot of help if we want it conversed.

QUOTE (AK-73 @ Jun 4 2008, 14:20)
I can modify it fairly easily for you. Just pm me (as a reminder) the specifications you need. Also flames need to be adjusted for some moving vehicles, yes?

AK-73! sorry for call you 47! I really read what I want xD

Thanks for your help! I think it works great without any change, but for the Vice city version I only need less explo## textures than the actual version. Well, the original code of the explo## textures, and only the flame## effect edited. Delete the part of the explosions and will be how I need.

Thanks to all people who are interested in the mod and want to help, really I'm seeing a lot of people helping me, it is great, we will do a great conversion with it!

For the first beta, will be ready the cars, and the stuffs I said in the first post (was updated yesterday). And maybe for another betas, another things like the hands, peds (if exists with a better quality) etc...

Greetings!

jml
  • jml

Professional Modder of GTA's

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:44 PM

Have a request.....

Why just download voodooman's historical justice 2.5 so you can have the xbox wheels, some textures from xbox....

Except you must edit it because it will automatically install the Commando funebrero's Tree mod.....

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 01:57 PM

QUOTE (jml @ Jun 4 2008, 14:44)
Have a request.....

Why just download voodooman's historical justice 2.5 so you can have the xbox wheels, some textures from xbox....

Except you must edit it because it will automatically install the Commando funebrero's Tree mod.....

But I don't need it. I already have got the wheels (converted by me) and all textures I need (at least now) of the xBox version.

Don't worry, all these things are done.

Greetings!

Kowaah
  • Kowaah

Pseudo-Rendered

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

not so much cars.
btw only one car remaining for finishing - voodoo? mercie_blink.gif

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:35 PM

Looks good. smile.gif This is a little off topic, but wheres the link to the VC xbox graphics mod? I remember it replaced the wheels and stuff, and added new effects.

one2fwee4
  • one2fwee4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 05:09 PM

I'm hoping this is not dead smile.gif

MisterEuro
  • MisterEuro

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 August 2008 - 07:06 PM

No new posts in a month , its not dead just the people probably didnt do much new work to show.

badboy_zay
  • badboy_zay

:)

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (MisterEuro @ Aug 2 2008, 02:06)
No new posts in a month , its not dead just the people probably didnt do much new work to show.

this mod is die 3 or 4 month ago

Flat Face
  • Flat Face

TeamRising will rise and make the inferior our slaves.

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 August 2008 - 01:17 PM

just a quick question to anyone that watched the progress of the mod...

is enough of it done to have the mod Xbox HQ sh*t but not the map changed in game now?

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 August 2008 - 10:47 PM

Okey, sorry for the time but I had problems this months ago... The mod continue alive, and I'll release a download with some cars, and some things I've made fully working.

But please, be patient, I've got problems these days, and probably I'll cannot do much of the mod. I'll request a new version of the ENB Series for this mod (excluying some innecesary things) and a new version of the script of AK-73, I'll need a little modification.

Soon some screenshots, promise.

Greetings!

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:12 AM

be cool. no rush. smile.gif mod is looking allright from what i saw from stinger screen.

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 08:24 PM

Nice to hear good news biggrin.gif

I have question and request: Will You make also something like "GTA3 xbox2PC" mod?

Especially flamethrower's flames look very realistic on xbox version, aswell like better wheels and some other textures... Can You do that?

GRIM!!
  • GRIM!!

Gunsmith

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:07 PM

Really looking foward to this, as said before...

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:08 PM

QUOTE (Daan17 @ Aug 5 2008, 20:24)

I have question and request: Will You make also something like "GTA3 xbox2PC" mod?

Especially flamethrower's flames look very realistic on xbox version, aswell like better wheels and some other textures... Can You do that?

GTA III XBOX Wheels are done, download it here
In the XBOX Partice.txd there are more then 20 flame textures

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Daan17 @ Aug 5 2008, 21:24)

Well, I really planned do a GTA III version too but... only when I finished it.

Maybe for tomorrow I'll release the first download, I think will be something like a preview of what we can do in the PC version.

Greetings!

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 05 August 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (Gunnie @ Aug 5 2008, 21:38)
QUOTE (Daan17 @ Aug 5 2008, 21:24)

Well, I really planned do a GTA III version too but... only when I finished it.

Maybe for tomorrow I'll release the first download, I think will be something like a preview of what we can do in the PC version.

Greetings!

This sounds great, dude, can't wait! biggrin.gif

Daan17
  • Daan17

84's Vice City

• Members

Posted 06 August 2008 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Aug 5 2008, 22:08)
QUOTE (Daan17 @ Aug 5 2008, 20:24)

GTA III XBOX Wheels are done, download it here
In the XBOX Partice.txd there are more then 20 flame textures

Thanks

Gunnie: even better news icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users