» «
Photo

[WIP]GTA: Vice city xBox2PC

130 replies to this topic
Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:38 AM Edited by Gunnie, 04 August 2008 - 10:44 PM.

user posted image

Yeah, I started a mod converting all the xBox models and stuffs to PC.

I will convert all cars, peds (if has got a better graphics), textures, weapons, and if is posible, all data stuffs, like Particle, carcols, etc...

I started the mod yesterday, so, I don't have got much to show. I've converted a lot of cars, and I'm now looking in the gta3.img of the xBox for a HQ models (diferences between PC & xBox, if it's the same, I'll not reemplace anything).

I need help of the people who has got xBox. I've got the game, but not the console (my xBox f*cked some years ago), so, I didn't play to Vice city xBox never, and I need some screenshots and things for finish the mod better.

Information:

Features:
In the xBox version of Vice city, Rockstar rebuild all the game with a lot of new things. New weapons, new cars, new effects, etc... the PC version of Vice city was made before the xBox version. So, now, we can open all things of the xBox version, and my objetive it's convert all things of xBox to PC for play a better game in our PCs.

All cars has got 3D engine, more high poly/quality and more detailed model & texture. And a lot of new effects, like, real reflections, specular reflections, etc... we will can play with a better Vice city.

Cars:
- landstal - Done - [Preview]
- idaho - Done - [Preview]
- stinger - Done - [Preview]
- linerun - Done
- peren - Done
- sentinel - Done
- rio - Done
- firetruk - Done
- trash - Done
- stretch - Done without reflections
- manana - Done without reflections
- infernus - Done without reflections
- voodoo
- pony
- mule
- cheetah
- ambulan
- fbicar
- moonbeam
- esperant
- taxi - Done without reflections
- washing
- bobcat
- mrwhoop
- bfinject
- hunter
- police - Done without reflections
- enforcer
- securica
- banshee
- predator
- bus
- rhino
- barracks
- cuban
- chopper
- angel
- coach
- cabbie
- stallion
- rumpo
- rcbandit
- romero
- packer
- sentxs
- admiral
- squalo
- seaspar
- pizzaboy
- gangbur
- airtrain
- deaddodo
- speeder
- reefer
- tropic
- flatbed
- yankee
- caddy
- zebra
- topfun
- skimmer
- pcj600
- faggio
- freeway - Done without reflections
- rcbaron

Another stuffs:
- Wheels - Done
- Effects - Done
- particle.txd - Done (Thanks to AK-73) maybe edit for less explo## textures.

Team:
GunMAN - Original idea, car converter, texture converter and tester.
simkas - Car converter and texture converter.
BorisVorontsov - Special edition of ENB Series for xBox2PC series.
AK-73 - Xbox FX for the fires.

Thanks to...
...Rockstar Games for Grand Theft Auto and specially for the xBox version, really amazing.
...Claude GTA 3 for give me the idea of do this convertion, and a lot of help he made for me.
...simkas for his cars and the textures of it
...BorisVorontsov for ENB Series xBox2PC edition
...AK-73 for his great ASI file, what do the best fire I ever seen for Vice city, originally from the xBox.
...you for be interested in this mod.

More info and screen shots coming soon. The game looks much different with the xBox stuffs.

Greetings!

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:45 AM

The map was changed actually. A lot.

But the trees are most important, cuz they're the thing that got improved the most.

About CS characters, you'll have to put those special hands in the folder on every one.

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:53 AM Edited by Gunnie, 20 April 2008 - 01:22 AM.

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Apr 20 2008, 01:45)
The map was changed actually. A lot.

But the trees are most important, cuz they're the thing that got improved the most.

About CS characters, you'll have to put those special hands in the folder on every one.

Great info for me Claude GTA3!

Will be helpfull screenshots/videos about the changes in the xBox version. I can't check all the .DFF of the xBox's IMG, will be long....

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:59 AM

Well, it isn't changed THAT much, but it'd be cool since most textures are updated, besides, buildings just ned to be imported into Max and exported into the game, that's like 2 minutes of work. And about the hands, well, here.

jp245
  • jp245

Retired Modder

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

i could help a bit with the cars when im done with claude gta3's cars

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:19 AM Edited by Gunnie, 20 April 2008 - 01:23 AM.

QUOTE (jp245 @ Apr 20 2008, 02:06)

Ok great, all help will be good, but don't worry, maybe for tomorrow I will be all cars finished, because it is the most easy thing we can do for the mod.

@ Claude GTA3: That right, somethings changed in the interiors and building. I'll see what I can do, but about the buildings I didn't know anything (import/export and that things). I'm only in the mod, maybe a team will be great.

About the hands, I can edit the CS models, but exporting it how a normal ped, and will not move his mounth and eyes. And I think it's hardcode to do the hand system like in the xBox version (another .DFF of hands, automatically in the body, etc...)

Greetings!

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Gunnie @ Apr 20 2008, 02:19)
QUOTE (jp245 @ Apr 20 2008, 02:06)

Ok great, all help will be good, but don't worry, maybe for tomorrow I will be all cars finished, because it is the most easy thing we can do for the mod.

@ Claude GTA3: That right, somethings changed in the interiors and building. I'll see what I can do, but about the buildings I didn't know anything (import/export and that things). I'm only in the mod, maybe a team will be great.

About the hands, I can edit the CS models, but exporting it how a normal ped, and will not move his mounth and eyes. And I think it's hardcode to do the hand system like in the xBox version (another .DFF of hands, automatically in the body, etc...)

Greetings!

No, I mean, they just have better hands in CS's, they aren't even rigged, all the IG models are normal like PC.

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Apr 20 2008, 02:30)
No, I mean, they just have better hands in CS's, they aren't even rigged, all the IG models are normal like PC.

I know Claude, sorry if my english is too bad tounge.gif

I want to say, I can put this hands in the CS model, but I can't export the model then how Cutscene model for work in the Cutscene. The reexported model will work in the game and in the cutscene, but it cannot move his mounth and eyes, because it will be a normal .DFF ped.

I'll post tomorrow some screenshots of the car and ambient.

Greetings!

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:45 AM

Damn, well, don't touch CS models until someone figures a way out of the hand problem.

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 03:48 AM Edited by Gunnie, 20 April 2008 - 05:41 AM.

I found this file in the xBox data folder.

"cutscenehands.xml"

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<GTA_XML>

<HAND side="left" model="NON-SKINNED" red="255" green="255" blue="255" alpha="255"/>

<HAND side="right" model="NON-SKINNED" red="255" green="255" blue="255" alpha="255"/>

<HAND model="skinned"/>
<ANIMATION TIME="12.0"/>
<ANIMATION TYPE="static"/>

<HAND side="left">
  <ANIMATION TYPE="loop"/>
</HAND>

<ANIMATION TYPE="loop"/>

<hand side="right" model="handModel" red="0" green="255" blue="0">
</HAND>

A lot of code(...)

Has got all the information about the hands in all the CS actors. I'll try to do it working in the PC version, but I'm not sure of results..

Greetings!

Edit: First of all, I need the model of the hands, and I don't have got it. Anybody has got the PS2 version of Vice city? I've noticed there is a model of the hands too. I'm not sure, but maybe works with this model.

The CSHands.dff of the xBox version has export with errors (the dummys and bones) and I can't export it without his correct structure. For that reason, I need the hands of the PS2 version, and I'll put the xBox hands then.

Edit 2: I found it in the default.xbe:

1.08    fff@  HB        {  fff@  HB
ף;fff@  HBfff@  HB?9?  ?q=?  ?Q?  B   @A  @  @  @fff@  HBfff@  HB  C  Afff@  HB
ף;  ?    fff@  HBfff@  HB,              1+ <  1+ >  1+ &  1+ '  1+ "                  333?333?333?  ?fff@  HB  @          ?  ?              ?  ?  ?  ?  ?%d  %f  SKINNED-GLOVE  NON-SKINNED ANIMATION  HAND    CHARACTER  CUTSCENE    GTA_XML LOOP    STATIC  TYPE    TIME    END START  CUTSCENE_END    CUTSCENE_START  BLUE    GREEN  RED POSITIONZ  POSITIONY  POSITIONX  ROTATEZ ROTATEY ROTATEX SCALEZ  SCALEY  SCALEX  WHITE  BLACK  RACE    FEMALE  MALE    GENDER  MODEL  BOTH    RIGHT  LEFT    SIDE    NAME    ID  An exception occurred parsing %s at line %d, column %d  r  data\CutsceneHands.xml  SRhandPalmGM    SLhandPalmGM    SRhandPalmWF    SLhandPalmWF    SRhandPalmCF    SLhandPalmCF    SRhandPalmWM    SLhandPalmWM    SRhandPalmCM    SLhandPalmCM    D:\anim\SRhandWF.anm    D:\anim\SLhandWF.anm    D:\anim\SRhandWM.anm    D:\anim\SLhandWM.anm    ߮

It's hard coded, I don't know how to decopile it and add to the .EXE or .DLL. Maybe we will can't do the hand system sad.gif

Greetings!

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 April 2008 - 10:23 AM

A coder could help, ask The Kirbster, or put a recruiting topic in Recruits and Request in the Editing Discussion.

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:40 AM Edited by Gunnie, 20 April 2008 - 11:47 AM.

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Apr 20 2008, 11:23)
A coder could help, ask The Kirbster, or put a recruiting topic in Recruits and Request in the Editing Discussion.

Yeah, will be better.

And now, some screenshots.

The Landstalker, converted to Vice city and you can see in the screenshot the ambient too (beta, maybe needs and update in the spec.ini and the real reflections of Boris Vorontsov from ENB Series).

Totally finished

user posted image

Greetings!

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

I can give you the cars I converted from XBox to VC. I'm probably never gonna get around to finishing them myself.

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:46 AM

That looks so much better, i post me the question, why the xbox version looks more detailed than pc version.
PC so much faster than the xbox. Real Good work. Post a download link, and all is fine.

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:58 AM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Apr 20 2008, 11:46)
That looks so much better, i post me the question, why the xbox version looks more detailed than pc version.
PC so much faster than the xbox. Real Good work. Post a download link, and all is fine.

At that time when VC came out, the XBox was the most powerfull console out there. And the xbox version of VC was made way later than the PS2 and PC versions.

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Apr 20 2008, 13:46)

in that time the game was released all PC's weren't so great .. smile.gif

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:22 PM Edited by Gunnie, 17 August 2008 - 07:12 PM.

QUOTE (simkas @ Apr 20 2008, 12:46)
I can give you the cars I converted from XBox to VC. I'm probably never gonna get around to finishing them myself.

Ok, thanks! biggrin.gif you can upload the files in http://subidas.gtalimite.net (Max. 5 MB but well...)

And now, it's time of Idaho, totally finished too:

user posted image

Next screenshot: Stinger.

Could anyone tell me if in the xBox version the Landstal has got dam model at the right front door? thanks tounge.gif

Greetings!

It's ENB Series 0.005 for Vice city, but I asked to Boris Vorontsov for put his effect in the d3d9.dll I am using.

Greetings!

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:23 PM

Nice, mod looks promising.

Could definatly bring more life into VC.

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:00 PM

Gunnie try use DexX's VC real reflections they are way more cooler, and dont waste too much FPS at all.

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Jony. @ Apr 20 2008, 14:00)
Gunnie try use DexX's VC real reflections they are way more cooler, and dont waste too much FPS at all.

..and they also don't work for many people. Anyway, great work Gunnie, been wanting someone to do this for ages smile.gif

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 05:26 PM Edited by Gunnie, 21 April 2008 - 10:28 AM.

QUOTE (g30dud3 @ Apr 20 2008, 15:06)
QUOTE (Jony. @ Apr 20 2008, 14:00)

..and they also don't work for many people. Anyway, great work Gunnie, been wanting someone to do this for ages smile.gif

Yeah, this is the problem. I saw the DexX's hack for Vice city and really looks nice, but the problem it's what g30dud3 said, for my, not work.

This DLL it's too by DexX, has got the perfect xBox look, and works fine for all people.

About the mod, I've got now all the cars of simkas, great work and great help simkas, thanks! biggrin.gif I must update the list of the cars.

Greetings!

Edit:

Here is the stinger:

user posted image

I had to delete the front lights because it shows transparent the chassis_hi. But now looks better and without any differences.

About the d3d8.dll and the effects, Boris Vorontsov it's now working in the effect, so, maybe soon we will get the best d3d8.dll for Vice city xBox style.

Next car: Linerun

Greetings!

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:40 PM

Please Gunnie can you upload some xbox car texutures then can I replace my old crappy vehicle textures.

GTAdedan
  • GTAdedan

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:42 PM

Looks great man, nice mod and great Idea

g30dud3
  • g30dud3

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:21 PM

Yeah, hope you convert all the vehicles soon, can't wait for a release smile.gif icon14.gif

VinnyGouveia
  • VinnyGouveia

Back to Los Santos

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:48 PM

Cool, they look waaaay more high-res than the default ones. icon14.gif

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2008 - 07:51 PM

Can't wait!

Any plans of doing III, since I know you have the models.

Gunnie
  • Gunnie

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:33 AM Edited by Gunnie, 23 April 2008 - 04:35 AM.

QUOTE (SLAYERMAGGOT @ Apr 21 2008, 15:40)
Please Gunnie can you upload some xbox car texutures then can I replace my old crappy vehicle textures.

Of course, tell me what textures you need.

@ g30dud3: Yeah, for the first release all cars will be converted and with reflections biggrin.gif

@ Claude GTA3: For sure! for GTA III too, but I start with Vice city because I love this game, but then of finish this, I'll start with GTA III. My objetive it's make an update of Grand Theft Auto with better graphics, and for alls. Maybe of GTA: San Andreas not, because I think was the same models and textures in xBox. But VC & III yeah smile.gif

About the mod, well.. I'll stop of post imgs of the cars, because this is for me a lost time, make the image and then post it here... I updated the first post with the cars I've totally converted.

Boris had problems with the d3d8.dll, we need the source code and DexX is travelling or something like that, for that reason, we must do a new d3d8.dll for this mod, and maybe for Boris it isn't good.. sad.gif

And no more info at the moment.

I need a screenshot of the front and back of the Stretch. In my Stretch, when I converted the car for PC, the wings has got problems with the texture, and in the boot, has got a strange thing, with the crackedglass texture. Screenhots or videos, something for see the original car in xBox.

No more, if somebody want to help, post it things about the xBox version, like things to convert, etc... Claude GTA3 helped me very much with his video, showing to me the hands and the basic graphics. Things like that.

Greetings!

SLAYERMAGGOT
  • SLAYERMAGGOT

Stay Wild

• Members

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:58 PM

Gunnie can you give me all vehicle txds from XBOX Vice City?

A lot of Thanks in advance!!!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

1 627 826 3789

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:12 PM

Looking forward to this, do one thing though, promise us if this project ever dies, that you'll at least release the already converted stuff.

ms.cooldude
  • ms.cooldude

The power is in your hands

• Members

Posted 24 April 2008 - 07:17 AM

Great idea icon14.gif , I'm really looking forward to it. Keep up the great work.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users