Question

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic
Sircus
  • Sircus

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:46 AM

swim? Sorry if its done before but in San Andreas if you were doing a mission with a main character and fell into the water with them it would say mission failed. I hope this doesnt happen.

LemKo
  • LemKo

GT: Tommy Xy

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:50 AM

Louise could swim... I know it because I tryied to kill her like that.

Redsawxfan
  • Redsawxfan

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:51 AM

As you would expect, traffic is hectic, while the fuzz on your tail is coming in thick and fast. Stunningly, thanks to the game’s incredible engine and the overall ‘anything can happen between point A and B’ element of GTA IV, the dynamic chase can see all manner of tangent outcomes. Frankie can be killed (which doesn’t matter, as long as you and Phil survive, the mission continues), cop cars can be derailed, the number of choppers after you will vary depending on how many cops you manage to kill and so on. In this specific viewing instance I saw a spectacular derailment of a police vehicle that immediately reminded me the Blues Brothers cop chase scene. But beyond the reference, it was the absolute randomness of the incident. Nothing here is canned barring the cut-scenes; it’s all dependent on the game engine, which is anything but predictable.

So basically if someone dies in the game you wont automatically get misson failed.

xer0er
  • xer0er

Too cool for school

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (LemKo @ Apr 16 2008, 19:50)
Louise could swim... I know it because I tryied to kill her like that.

I could imagine your shock.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

iirc, the last game to have NPCs that couldn't swim was SanAn.

At the least, VCS had NPCs that could swim, as previously stated. It's hard to imagine that they would go backwards for GTAIV.

Yep? Yep? Aight.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users