» «
Photo

GTA Network Support FAQ

8 replies to this topic
Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 13 April 2008 - 11:57 PM Edited by Unlimited, 14 April 2008 - 12:59 AM.

GTA Network Support FAQ

Welcome to the GTA Network Support FAQ Topic. In here you can find out answers to some of the commonly asked questions in the GTA Network Support Forum. I think I have gotten all the ones that are asked most often however I may not have. If so send me a PM and I'll add it. So here they are.

Contents
Why was I banned?
Why was my signature disabled?
What are the gangs and how can I join one?
How Can I get a username change?
How do I add colors, images and other stuff in my posts?
What are the different member log entries?
How do I become a staff member?
Somebody stole my graphics/modification. What should I do about it?
Somebody Made racist/sexist/offensive comments. What should I do?
How do I upload avatars and signatures?
Acknowledgements

Q: Why Was I banned?

A: People are banned from GTAForums for repeatedly not following the rules. Before you were banned you were given ample warning. You chose not to follow the warnings you were given and you were banned. If you feel you shouldn't have been banned or if there is some kind of mistake, please send a PM to the moderator that banned you. You may be able to work something out with them.

^

Q: Why Was My Signature Disabled?

A: Your signature was a most likely disabled because it was over the size limit. The size limit for signatures is 500x150. The maximum file size of a signature is 80 kb's. Even if it is 1 pixel over it will be disabled. If your sig is disabled it can easly be fixed. Simply make a post in the Sig Re-Enable Request Thread and your sig will be back up and running as soon as a moderator sees your post. If your sig is continually disabled because it is too big you might end up getting something like a temporary ban.

^

Q: What Are The Gangs And How Can I Join One?

A: GTAForums has several Official Gangs. These were originally formed as multiplayer gangs. As time wore on, they turned into social gangs. With the announcement of GTA IV Supporting Multiplayer the gangs will now serve their original purpose. To get into a gang you must be a good overall member and then there is usually some kind of voting process. Currently there are 7 Official Gangs.

GangLeader
Andolini Mafia FamilyHD Rick
The Connection Mario
Feroci Racinguzer_errors
Leone Family Mafia DJDeez
The Precinct Guglielminpeitro
$outh $ide Hoodz OBrien97, Knightmare & EmSixTeen
ZaibatsuMyMothersMySister
Q:
^

How Do I Get A Medal?

A: Medals are not something that are easily gotten. They are given to people who have been extremely helpful to the GTANetwork Community. Most of the people who currently have them, have them because before the medals were introduced we had karma starts. People who had 5 Karma Starts Automatically got a medal when they were introduced. To get a medal you must be an extremely helpful member around the GTANetwork.

^

Q: How Can I Get A Username Change?

A: Currently, Username changes are not being done. There was a topic before but people abused it and the staff have decided to stop doing username changes for some time. As soon as they are doing them again there will be some kind of announcement, but for now there are none being done.

^

Q: How Do I Add Colors, Images, And Other Stuff In My Posts?

A: To add those kind of things to your post required you to use BB Codes. I'm not going to go in depth about them but you can learn everything you need to know about BB Codes from these 2 Topics.

GTA3Rockstar's BB Code Guide
Flicko's BB Code Guide

^

Q: What Are The Different Member Log Entries?

A: There are 6 possible entries that can be added to your member log. They are as follows. Full Warning, Temporary Ban, Verbal Warning, Reminder, Verbal Commendation, and Commendation. Verbal Commendations and Commendations will appear in Green to indicate that you have done something good/positive. While Warnings, and Ban's will show up in red to indicate that you have
done something bad/negative.

EntryResult
Full Warning Coming Soon
Temporary Ban Coming Soon
Verbal Warning Coming Soon
ReminderComing Soon
Verbal Commendation Coming Soon
Commendation Coming Soon

^

Q: How Do I Become A Staff Member?

A: Firstly, donít ask. You will be asked. To become a staff member you must be a good member who doesn't break the rules. If a position that requires a staff member is available there will be a list of people the Adminís will ask. They start with the one who they think is most appropriate. If that persons says no then they go to the next on the list and so on until someone fills the position. Currently, there is no need for additional staff members.

^

Q: Somebody Stole My Graphics/Stole My Modification. What Should I Do About It?

A: If somebody has stolen your graphics or modification(mod), send them a PM about it. If they donít reply back or say it is theirs, try sending a PM to a moderator. The moderator should be able to help you with it. Make sure you have a case though. If you sent a PM to a Moderator saying Joe Blow stole my sig and you cant even prove it's yours well your wasting everybodyís time. The same thing goes for if it is a mod.

^

Q: Somebody Made Racist Comments/Made Sexist Comments/Made Offensive Comments. What Should I do?

A: If the comments somebody made have truly offended you. Please click the "Report This Post" button in the bottom left corner. Do up the report and include the reasons as to why the comment offended you.

^

Q: How Do I Upload Avatars and Signatures?

A: To change your avatar or sig you will need the link to the image you wish to use. If it is on your computer that means you are going to have to upload it. Here is a guide to hosting an wearing your own signature.

1. Go to www.isarapix.com and where it says "Locate the image you want to upload" click "Browse".

2. This will bring up a window, allowing you to find the image you want to upload. Click it, and hit Open.

user posted image

3. When the window has closed, click "Upload Image"

4. You will then be greeted with a screen like this:

user posted image

5. Highlight the "Direct Link to Full Image" link at the bottom and copy it by hitting Control + C.

6. Go to your signature or avatar edit screen on GTAF:

Edit Your Avatar
Edit Your Signature

7.1 For your avatar, simple paste (control + v) the link into the box and click "Update Avatar".

7.2 For your signature, click the "IMG" button above the white box and paste (control + v) the link into the box, and press Ok.

8. click "update my signature" and if your signature is below 80kb and smaller than 500x150 pixels, you have successfully updated your sigature.

^

Acknowledgements

•Thanks to Ottae for the avatar/sig guide and for the special code thingy he did.

^

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 14 April 2008 - 12:01 AM

Still a Work-In-Process. Mostly done, but there are still are few things left to be done.

Vive La France
  • Vive La France

On my own mission, I fight like a man.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 04:45 AM

I like it. It probably will get the idiots posting "LOL Y I BAND" down a bit, but we all know there is no way to stop it in total.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:10 AM

Could we get a pin in here?

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:10 AM

This can be pinned, but considering how efficiently the noobs newbies manage to avoid pinned topics, I'm still apprehensive about it.
But good work on compiling this anyways. icon14.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:17 AM

QUOTE (silvermanblue @ Apr 14 2008, 16:10)
Could we get a pin in here?

Thanks, but no thanks. This is possibly the thirtieth incarnation of a "Network Support FAQ" (whatever that means) I've seen and they're never pinned, they never work, and they all drop off the first page of topics within a week or so. And with all due respect to all authors, the following advice could very well never be more appropriate:

QUOTE (Unlimited @ Apr 14 2008, 09:57)
How Do I Get A Medal?

A: Medals are not something that are easily gotten.

Don't get me wrong, the effort is appreciated, but if you look closely you'll see it's the same old names keep popping up with the same old guides/FAQs/"topic indexes"... The most worthwhile topics are always those that aren't created with the intention of being pinned or receiving reward - they're just damn useful.

silvermanblue
  • silvermanblue

Magnets=Miracles

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:48 AM

I see you're point Fuzzy. I guess this might be a case of karma whoring even without the karma.
I still miss my stars dammit.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 14 April 2008 - 06:52 AM

QUOTE (silvermanblue @ Apr 14 2008, 12:18)
I guess this might be a case of karma whoring even without the karma.

Nah, now it's award whoring. We need to have a smilie for it too.

QUOTE (silvermanblue @ Apr 14 2008, 12:18)
I still miss my stars dammit.

Me too, although I had only one. tounge.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Justin@Apr 14 2008 @ 03:17)
Thanks, but no thanks. This is possibly the thirtieth incarnation of a "Network Support FAQ" (whatever that means) I've seen and they're never pinned, they never work, and they all drop off the first page of topics within a week or so. And with all due respect to all authors.

I went through all 28 pages of GTA Network Support and I didn't even find any topic that was remotely close to this. I do understand where you are going from though.

QUOTE (Justin Continued)
Don't get me wrong, the effort is appreciated, but if you look closely you'll see it's the same old names keep popping up with the same old guides/FAQs/"topic indexes"... The most worthwhile topics are always those that aren't created with the intention of being pinned or receiving reward - they're just damn useful.

I honestly didn't expect to get any reward for this. My intentsions for this was to make a something that people could take a quick glance at to see if their question was here and to find somekind of answer to it, without haveing to make a topic or anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users