|Let's start off with the basics-|
|If you want to make your writing Bold, in italics or underlined, after you have written something, highlight over what you have written, and click on the B box just above where you enter your post to make it Bold. If you want to put your post in Italics, do the same thing but press the I button above where you enter your post, and the same goes for if you want to underline something, only this time you press the U option above where you post. Simple.|
|Fontsize, text size and colour-|
|Changing fontsize, text size and changing colour is pretty much similar to this. Highlight over the part you wish to change, and if you want to change the font size, click on the arrow beside the "FONT" option, and choose your font. To change size you do the same, and to change colour you do the same.|
this is my new font
My text is now larger
My text is now gray
There are also many other colours which are available, but are not available in the "COLOR" tag, and these are-
C h e c k h e r e t o f i n d o u t h o w t o d o t h i s .
You can also add fontsize, text size and colour all together by doing this-
My text is now a different font, larger and a different colour
Not only that, if you wish, you can make your new text bold, in italics and underlined-
My text is now a different font, larger and a different colour aswell as bold, in italics and underlined.
You may have seen people with extremely small writing, yet writing this small isn't an option in the "SIZE" box. However, it is still possible. To make something smaller than size 1, simply highlight over your text, click on any size, then change the 1 or 7 or 14, to a -1, -2 etc. I'm not too sure but I think the lowest size is -6
My writing is really small
You can also make your text larger than size 14, if you wish. Just do the same as you would making your text small, and type in a higher number than 14.
My writing is now massive
|Spoiler tags are remarkably easy to do, the same as virtually most of the tags on this posts. And are also a great way to hide something which may give away information readers may not want to know, thus giving them the option to read them or not. All you have to do is this-|
And Voila, possible spoilers go here
|Although there is an easier way to quote posts (click on the quote button in the top right of the post you wish to quote), there is another way to do it, which would be helpful if you want to quote more than one post. What you do, is copy over the text you wish to quote, paste it onto your post, higlight it, then click on the "QUOTE" tag at the top, just beside the "CODE" tag,|
[QUOTE]I'm quoting somebody's post[/QUOTE]
If you wish to add the members name who you are quoting, then where the first tag occurs, [QUOTE], enter =member's name, so it would be,
[QUOTE=member's name]I'm quoting somebody's post[/QUOTE]
|If you want to post images onto the forum, yet don't know how, this will explain how to do it simply. Say you want to post an image you have taken, and it is on the computer. You can Imageshack them, or Isarapix them (which is benficial to charity). This will transfer your images so that they have web addresses. Once you have done that, and you have the addrress for your image, copy and paste it onto your post, but don't reply yet. You have to add image tags, which is easy. There is an "IMG" option above where you enter your post, just below the "FONT" option. All you have to do is highlight the address for your image, and click on th "IMG" option. The result should look like this-|
|Centering images and text|
|If you wish to centre an image or piece of text you can. And you do it by doing the same thing as everything else, but make sure you spell centre correctly. It's different for some-|
|Aligning something to the right|
|You may have noticed in member's sigs that they place text or image to the right, you can also find here in my topic. If you are clueless concerning the know how to do it, it's easier than you may think.|
|Aswell as that, there is another form of text which puts your text into the centre of your post, and also talks as if you have anarrator saying something for you. These are called "Me" tags, and are perpetraited(sp?) easily, like so-|
Make sure you don't say your username after you add the "Me" tag, or it will come out like this-
Which obviously looks stupid. This is the correct way-
You can also make "Me" tags in which you can shange your name of sorts, by doing this-
|Basic Table codes|
| Perhaps the most annoying, and difficult things to do. I can't do them properly myself, so can only give advice for the basics. This topic is full of tables, and to do them, I put this at the front of where my table starts-|
And this at the end of my post which is going to be tableised, I put this-
And your text should now be in a table. For more complicated table codes, go here, credit goes to GTA3Rockstar for that.
|You would've probably noticed that people post youtube videos onto there posts, check the youtube topic's first post for examples and explanations on how to post youtube videos. Credit goes to meta187 for that one.|
|To URL a website onto your post, like this, find the website you want to place onto your post, copy it, then click on the "http://" box beside the "IMG" tag. Pastes the website address, and add a website title. |
Would equal= GTAForums.com
You can also URL images, by using the same format,
|You may not be aware of LIST tags, however they are an effective and useful way to list things (well, duh), much like my various colours further up on this post. And, yeah that's right, they work really easily. What you do is, click on the "LIST" tag, then enter something yo wish to list, and press ok, and keep doing this over and over to create a list,|
|You can add E-mail tags onto your post, by clicking on the "@" tag at the top of where you write your post, and entering your, or somebody elses e-mail address, which will provide members with a link t there e-mail, and is done like this-|
|You'll notice that most of this topic contains codes. Codes can help to explain to somebody how to use tags or table codes etc. And, like virtually everything alse, are done in the same way, by typing |
|To add spoiler tags at the end of your post, where it would say "This post has been edited by so and so", simply add this to the end of your post-|
To colour the -------------------------- at the end of your post, simply pick the colour you wish to change it to, and post this at the end of your post-
• You can put a line throught your text, called a strikethrough, which is effective when you want to delete something you wish you hadn't posted, but a member has already exposed you of it. What you do is this-
• To make bullet points, enter the following keys
Would equal- • Bullet point ftw
• If you want to search for a certain topic, but when you use the search function it brings up at least 40 pages, when you search for a topic, at the bottom of the page where it says "Search this forum", when you type in what you are looking for, make sure you add a "+" in front of every word you type. It will narrow the results down a great deal.
• You will notice that at the side of certain topics, there will be a black dot in the middle of it. This means that you have posted in the topic the letter icon is beside.
• If you want to find out who has posted in a certain topic, and how many times they have posted in said topic, where it says how many replies there is, clik on it, and it will forward to a new page telling you who has posted in the topic, and how many times they have posted.
Some of you will have noticed that certain members statistics seem a little farfetched. For example, Illspirit's join date says May 1, 1976, and a member called b&mike39 has -1 posts. A retired moderator called morph also has totalled a quite unbelievable -8,388,469 posts. Of course these are not real, they have been done my the administrators to confuse you bastards, and it works aswell.
• There is a lightbulb icon at the side of each member's name when they make a post. Some of the newer members may not be aware what this is. Well, if the lightbulb is lit, it means the member is online, and if the lightbulb is not lit, it means the member is offline. Anonymous members, moderators and administrators are the only exceptions on that one.
• To the left when making a post you will find clickable smilies, and, to place them onto your post, you do just what they say, click them. There are more than what are displaye to the left, and are visile by clicking on "Show all" below the smilies.
• You can check your post length, by clicking on "(check Post Length)" option below the clickable smilies section. The maximum amount of posts characters you're allowed is 1024000, so you can say a LOT in your posts.
So, learn something new?