Photo

there will be TV stations!

13 replies to this topic
Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:03 AM

ok so i was in the website using the law firm section or w.e but i was typing things to that girl in the program.

so she just keeps going on and on about stores to sue and stuff and i came across this one that was particularly interesting. something called "MeTV"

the girl says "Do you watch meTV? Has it turned you into an imbecile? You may be entitled to compensation."

this clearly means there will be tv stations cause she also refers to cklukin bell, and a ton of other companies in game. dijour cloths , and a ton of other things.

user posted image

opinions?

Fuzzknuckles
  • Fuzzknuckles

Chronic Ape

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:04 AM

This clearly means that there are a lot of stock responses programmed into the bot. It's probably a take on myspaceTV.

But who knows? Maybe that TV in the limo in the fourth trailer actually did something.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Shiny and Chrome

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:04 AM

Just a reference to MeTV from Vice City Stories, that's all.

MrKlorox
  • MrKlorox

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:06 AM

Nah, no TV stations. It's a reference to what MTV (located in NYC) does to the minds of its viewers.

Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:08 AM

i really think there will be tv stations, especially after seing this.
why else would it say that? it says a ton of things reguaring ckuking bell and a ton of comments on the products in the game. so MeTV defenetly has to be a tv station in game.

Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:10 AM Edited by Chris_GTR1, 12 April 2008 - 07:17 AM.

oh and check this out.. another comment se says...

"Have you ever been on the Screamer rollercoaster at Firefly Island? Two words: class action. Big bucks. The sky is the limit."

pretty much proving what i knew was true. you can ride the roller coaster

oh and some others

"Bla, bla, bla. Here's a question for you. If you had to choose...Enema strappy sandals or a Didier Sachs handbag?"
"Have you ever had food poisoning after eating at Cluckin' Bell? I can get you $10 million in damages. "
"Are you prepared to swear under oath that you found a bullet in your Bean Machine gunkaccino? We've got them by the balls. This is a cash cow that's plump for the slaughter."
"Have you ever woken up next to a chubbster? Do you drink Logger beer? We're looking to bring suit against them."

well it basicaly fits into all of these.. ^^^ all of the comments are things you can buy ,eat,drink and are described as them. so she also said watch metv. well what if you just look at the tv and press X or something and itll go into tv mode or something. that would explain why the limo pic wasnt moving,

MrKlorox
  • MrKlorox

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:10 AM

QUOTE (Chris_GTR1 @ Apr 12 2008, 02:08)
why else would it say that? it says a ton of things reguaring ckuking bell and a ton of comments on the products in the game. so MeTV defenetly has to be a tv station in game.

No watchable TV stations, if thats what you're implying. They're talking about TV now because it exists in the GTA universe. I bet we might be able to find the Weasel News and MeTV (star junction) buildings if we looked for them... just no TV to watch.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Shiny and Chrome

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:11 AM Edited by Vanilla Shake, 12 April 2008 - 07:19 AM.

QUOTE (Chris_GTR1 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:08)

Just a reference to MeTV from Vice City Stories, that's all.

Nah, no TV stations. It's a reference to what MTV (located in NYC) does to the minds of its viewers.

Just because it says TV doesn't mean that there will be watchable TVs in the game. Maybe for a feature like watching cutscenes after you've completed the game, but other than that I can't see TVs being used. There's going to be references to Vice City, Los Santos, San Fierro, and Las Venturas but that doesn't mean that you can go to those cities. They're just trying to make it feel like a living world with all of these references, and MeTV helps add to that goal by referring to the MTV knockoff from Vice City Stories, plus like MrKlorox said it fits with the modern setting. MTV is somehow still popular even though it's nothing but bullsh*t teenage reality shows, but since it's still popular and already been made fun of on the Vice City Stories website, it makes sense to continue with the parody since MTV is headquartered in Times Square.

gamerzworld
  • gamerzworld

Why did I move here? I guess it was to bounce.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:14 AM

MeTV logos have already been seen in the first trailer for IV.

Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:20 AM

i just rememberd about liberty city survivor from gta3. hopefully they add a mod or tv show about it. and PLEASE PLEASE i hope they bring back chatterbox with lazlo.

GoldRiver
  • GoldRiver

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:29 AM

And on the IMDB GTAIV page it lists an actress as "Vice City TV reporter" hmmmmmmmm

Chris_GTR1
  • Chris_GTR1

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:34 AM

QUOTE (GoldRiver @ Apr 12 2008, 07:29)
And on the IMDB GTAIV page it lists an actress as "Vice City TV reporter" hmmmmmmmm

wow thanks i didnt even notice that.

"Joan Baker ... Vice City TV reporter "

whos joan baker? w/e at leased we know shes gonna be on tv in game!!

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

well in a review they said that the tv in the limo was a static picture. Also in the first trailer there is a cinema type place called MeTv.

but with rockstar keeping 70% of the game quiet it very well may be in. im hoping for a youtube type thing where you can upload videos to the social network and then they get put in game for every one to see.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Shiny and Chrome

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 12 April 2008 - 07:35 AM

QUOTE (Chris_GTR1 @ Apr 12 2008, 03:34)
QUOTE (GoldRiver @ Apr 12 2008, 07:29)
And on the IMDB GTAIV page it lists an actress as "Vice City TV reporter"  hmmmmmmmm

wow thanks i didnt even notice that.

"Joan Baker ... Vice City TV reporter "

whos joan baker? w/e at leased we know shes gonna be on tv in game!!

IMDB is not a reliable source since anybody can edit it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users