39 replies to this topic
Boy (The)
  • Boy (The)

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:52 AM

Just recieved this email:

Dear Subscriber,

We're sending you this email just to let you know that you'll be receiving your next issue of Official PlayStation Magazine on or around 22 April. The slight delay is a result of securing the exclusive review of Grand Theft Auto IV - meaning you'll be getting the verdict on this year's biggest game before any other magazine.

In this issue you'll also find a hands-on feature with the amazing Mirror's Edge, comprehensive analysis of how Blu-ray won the HD war (and how to tweak your home cinema kit), plus first looks at Tom Clancy's Hawx, Alpha Protocol and Sonic Unleashed. Oh, and we've got the latest on Timesplitters 4. Yes, really. So mark the date in your diary, and look forward to what we're confident is the best issue yet.

Cheers,

Team OPM

I'm guessing websites may have their reviews up before this, don't really know how it all works to be quite honest.

Also, Timesplitters 4. Awesome.

Buubar
  • Buubar

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:52 AM Edited by Buubar, 09 April 2008 - 12:00 PM.

QUOTE (Boy (The) @ Apr 9 2008, 11:52)
Just recieved this email:

Dear Subscriber,

We're sending you this email just to let you know that you'll be receiving your next issue of Official PlayStation Magazine on or around 22 April. The slight delay is a result of securing the exclusive review of Grand Theft Auto IV - meaning you'll be getting the verdict on this year's biggest game before any other magazine.

In this issue you'll also find a hands-on feature with the amazing Mirror's Edge, comprehensive analysis of how Blu-ray won the HD war (and how to tweak your home cinema kit), plus first looks at Tom Clancy's Hawx, Alpha Protocol and Sonic Unleashed. Oh, and we've got the latest on Timesplitters 4. Yes, really. So mark the date in your diary, and look forward to what we're confident is the best issue yet.

Cheers,

Team OPM

I'm guessing websites may have their reviews up before this, don't really know how it all works to be quite honest.

Also, Timesplitters 4. Awesome.

Yea i know, I got this earlier. Oh well. ^.^

Heres what the front cover will look like

user posted image

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

Hmmmmmmmmm good info, I wonder if it will be "news" or if the online zines will review first.

Thanks for posting. cookie.gif

gta-guru
  • gta-guru

Powered by euphoria.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:57 AM

Reviews should be coming out the week of the 23rd

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (gta-guru @ Apr 10 2008, 00:57)

Online reviews? any links?

gta-guru
  • gta-guru

Powered by euphoria.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:03 PM

QUOTE (Online @ Apr 9 2008, 08:00)

Thats what some of those multiplayer previews were saying yesterday. Im pretty sure IGN and kikizo sound something in that timeframe

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (gta-guru @ Apr 10 2008, 01:03)
QUOTE (Online @ Apr 9 2008, 08:00)

Thats what some of those multiplayer previews were saying yesterday. Im pretty sure IGN and kikizo sound something in that timeframe

Thanks cookie.gif

Gurke0711
  • Gurke0711

Likes Bratwurst in his mouth! Wait...wut?!

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:07 PM

I thought the review would come on April 18 th. Now its 22 April. OMFG bored.gif

cmacca4
  • cmacca4

Dun Dun Duh

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:15 PM

I'm pretty sure OXM are still set for the 18th!

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:16 PM Edited by MysteryGamer, 09 April 2008 - 12:19 PM.

QUOTE (Gurke0711 @ Apr 9 2008, 12:07)
I thought the review would come on April 18 th. Now its 22 April. OMFG bored.gif

I think it is quite possible that any subscribers to the magazine could receive this issue with the Grand Theft Auto IV review perhaps sometime next week if we're lucky. Subscribers often get their copy a week in advance before the magazine goes on general sale in retail.

Fingers crossed smile.gif

Boy (The)
  • Boy (The)

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:19 PM

QUOTE (MysteryGamer @ Apr 9 2008, 12:16)

I think it is quite possible that any subscribers to the magazine could receive this issue with the Grand Theft Auto IV review perhaps sometime next week if were' lucky. Subscribers often get their copy in a week in advance but the magazine goes on general sale in retail.

Didn't you read my original post? That was from OPM to its subscribers. 22nd will be the earliest subscribers will recieve it in the post according to them (and they should know).

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:22 PM

QUOTE (Boy (The) @ Apr 9 2008, 12:19)

I think it is quite possible that any subscribers to the magazine could receive this issue with the Grand Theft Auto IV review perhaps sometime next week if were' lucky. Subscribers often get their copy in a week in advance but the magazine goes on general sale in retail.

Didn't you read my original post? That was from OPM to its subscribers. 22nd will be the earliest subscribers will recieve it in the post according to them (and they should know).

Oh alright I thought 22nd April was the main date the magazine would be available to buy nationwide sorry blush.gif

gta4man
  • gta4man

>>^StraXi^<<

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:30 PM

Opinion time ~ Who here would rather read a review, possible giving away a whole bunch of stuff that might be fun to discover yourself, or, who would rather wait so that it's a surprise?

Buubar
  • Buubar

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:31 PM

If you look on the MyFavouriteMagazines website when you ask when your issue should get sent out, its always the wrong date and we always get it earlier than that.

I'd expect to see the mag on my doorstep sometime next week.

scubakid
  • scubakid

Steve_c32

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:36 PM

As cmacca4 said, the Official Xbox Magazine comes out April 18th, with an exclusive review then. I doubt any online reviews will be up before then, but you can probably expect them after that date. Kikizo says around 20th, so it would make sense. colgate.gif

Boy (The)
  • Boy (The)

Rat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Buubar @ Apr 9 2008, 12:31)

If you look on the MyFavouriteMagazines website when you ask when your issue should get sent out, its always the wrong date and we always get it earlier than that.

I'd expect to see the mag on my doorstep sometime next week.

I disagree.

iCoke
  • iCoke

This is great

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:42 PM

QUOTE (scubakid @ Apr 9 2008, 07:36)
user posted image

ha ha ha lol.gif cookie.gif sorry for off topic thats gold.

gta-guru
  • gta-guru