Quantcast

» «
Photo

LFM / S Club 7

Social
5,928 replies to this topic
ricky18
  • ricky18

The Dukesborough Mutilators, SlimCrayz, Not 2 Be f*cked Wit!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:00 PM

ahhh i understand, how do i prove myself?

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (ricky18 @ Apr 9 2008, 01:30)

Well the game hasn't been released yet so we can't do what we'd normally do and test you out in the arena. The best you can do between now and the end of the month is post solidly in the forums and GTA4 section and see how you go.

ricky18
  • ricky18

The Dukesborough Mutilators, SlimCrayz, Not 2 Be f*cked Wit!

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Apr 8 2008, 16:07)
QUOTE (ricky18 @ Apr 9 2008, 01:30)

Well the game hasn't been released yet so we can't do what we'd normally do and test you out in the arena. The best you can do between now and the end of the month is post solidly in the forums and GTA4 section and see how you go.

okay dude wink.gif

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Apr 8 2008, 21:37)
The best you can do between now and the end of the month is post solidly in the forums and GTA4 section and see how you go.

Uhh...I think you need to explain the 'solidly' part in a much better way; lest people misunderstand it for 'spam'. tounge.gif

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

lol. Yes we don't need people to go about spamming up the forums.

Congrats to all those who got in. I'll try and start getting on xboxlive more often to play other stuff with some of you before GTAIV. What games do you all tend to play?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Apr 8 2008, 17:36)

Congrats to all those who got in. I'll try and start getting on xboxlive more often to play other stuff with some of you before GTAIV. What games do you all tend to play?

did i get in or would you have PM'ed me?

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:45 PM

QUOTE (oysterbarron @ Apr 9 2008, 02:13)

I was supposed to.

I'm heading off to the land of nod now, but post a background image for your signature and I'll fix one up if you want one.

Also, is your gamertag for XBL or PSN?

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Apr 8 2008, 17:45)

I was supposed to.

I'm heading off to the land of nod now, but post a background image for your signature and I'll fix one up if you want one.

oh sweet, Good to be a part of the Team. I shall go and look for pictures now, Its an Xbox GT but i am thinking of changing it to OysterBarron To avoid confusion when the big day arrives, If i do change it i will do it tonight, Just need to ok use of mums credit card because i dont have one and dont paticualy want one. I will let you know a bit later on.

also jay could once ive picked a picture could you possibly make it so its the same size of my current Picture in my sig, so i can keep it nice and tidy just like you made it.

cheers in advance OB

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 April 2008 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Apr 8 2008, 09:45)

I was supposed to.

EDIT: seems like you beat me to the punch OB. Let us know whats up with the name change and I'm sure size of the sig shouldn't be an issue.

I've got to head out to class now myself. I'll try and be on later, but I'm sick and so I might just be sleeping all day. Bleh.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2008 - 05:37 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 08 April 2008 - 05:46 PM.

Ok heres the picture i want

user posted image

That should be the MP shot of the person jumping out of the helicopter.

Doesnt matter if you cut to much off, As long as you can still see the copter and the top of the truck. Also if possible Could you change the user name on the pic to OysterBarron for the person jumping if its not too much trouble. If it is i will do it, I just need a place to host large images?

My Xbox360 GT is Now OysterBarron. I will be playing R6V2 tonight with my clan if you fancy coming up against me to see what our enemys are going to get then feel free to send me a message and il invite you!

TommyVercetti.
  • TommyVercetti.

Dipset Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Apr 8 2008, 10:36)

I was addicted to Gears Of War for a while. And saints row is I guess the closed you can get to GTA4 online right now. I gotta renew my live when I pick up my game at midnight on the 28th biggrin.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

Multiplayer is accessed from the single-player game via Niko's cell phone and supports up to 16 players. Oh, and the entire world runs at the same time. That's right -- all the pedestrians, traffic and cops are there. The entire city is open to you and your fifteen friends in apparently every mode.

And that's what it feels like to have your mind blown.

You won't play the story mode in multiplayer. In fact, no one gets to be Niko online. Instead, you'll create a custom character (dude or babe) from about a half-dozen options. While the options we were shown were fairly limited, new clothes and accessories unlock as you rank up. Ranks run from 0-10, with experience earned by collecting cash in multiplayer. Cash is dropped by opponents and can be nabbed by anyone and is also automatically earned for performing certain tasks in the various modes. We didn't get to experience the leveling system, but it appears fairly simple. It's meant to reward you for playing a lot of multiplayer, but leveling up your character isn't the focus as it tends to be in Call of Duty 4 and Rainbow Six Vegas 2.

We weren't given a view of the lobby system, but from Rockstar's hints, it sounds like you will just run around going Bananarama in Liberty City until someone launches a game. The good news is that when a game is set up, the host has a myriad of options depending on the mode. This is everything from turning on cops (yes, you can have a wanted level in multiplayer), adjusting the density of traffic, selecting from several weather options (fog and heavy rain being the coolest), time of day, and even what radio station is playing. We counted sixteen options for one mode and the others had similar amounts.

Playing with eight people, we only had one instance of slowdown. And that was when all of us were firing RPGs into a crowd of cops. At that point, the game just sort of threw up it hands and said, "Come on, seriously?" Except for this brief moment of slowdown, our hours enjoying GTA IV online were without incident. And, more importantly, the controls never suffered. You may notice a slight drop in visual fidelity (or perhaps we're nuts), but GTA IV still looks great in multiplayer. The city is as alive and vibrant as in the single-player campaign -- and it's a lot more hectic. That so much can be happening at once without the game breaking in half is an amazing feat. The fact that it's also incredibly fun is just a bonus.

God my mind is blown, Any way i thought i would post this bit here because it talks about ranks.

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 April 2008 - 12:02 AM

i need to visit the GTAIV forums a bit more it seems haha. Good stuff, thats kinda what I was expecting, and it will be interesting to see how it all actually plays like.

as for the image, lots of request but Jayz should be able to do it. Jay, hit me up if you need help on it at all, I know the editing part won't be difficult for me in the least bit, I just don't have the fonts to do the rest.

TommyVercetti.
  • TommyVercetti.

Dipset Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 02:00 AM

Yeah the previews actually didn't tell me that much like adamcs said. It covered like 4 modes and it was basically what I expected. They said deathmatch was well a death match and that race was... a race, go figure.

But yeah sounds fun. I'm so torn on if I should jump straight into multiplayer and get an edge on a bunch of people doing the story first or vice versa. The thing with this game will be that I'm buying it straight away instead of renting it new and then just taking it back when I beat it.

Ja750
  • Ja750

Five

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2008 - 04:27 AM

Got a invite from Jay asking if i would be intrested in joining, I'd love to join you fine gentlemen tounge.gif

I'll be getting it for the ps3 and my PSN is Ja750uk

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:51 AM

QUOTE (Ja750 @ Apr 8 2008, 21:27)
Got a invite from Jay asking if i would be intrested in joining, I'd love to join you fine gentlemen tounge.gif

I'll be getting it for the ps3 and my PSN is Ja750uk

Sweet I'll wait for him to get on to see about adding you. Gotta make sure ya clear the recruiting standards.
TOGA62 hands ja750 a banana, some Jelly, and a walrus pelt

Go for it. that_guy2057_evilgrin.gif

lol. anyone catch this?
Rockstar is known for good music and sound, and GTA IV's voice work is nifty. You can listen to everyone in the game, but the volume of an enemy's or ally's voice is realistic, based on proximity. So if you hear an enemy's voice, he's probably right behind you and it's too late. You can call an enemy via cell phone and talk trash to them whether they're five feet away or a mile away.

if that is serious in MP that is going to be badass. I'd love to call a guy and have him answer only to tell him he is about to die as I snipe him in the face hahaha.

New strategies are created by the addition of enemy blips and the cover system, enabled by pressing the right shoulder button. Enemies show on screen while moving and disappear when stationary.

I'm seriously curious how long rockstar had this planned for the game. I wrote a description wayyy back in JUNE of 07 and posted it here along with emailing it as a suggestion to Rockstar themselves. It included this as an idea along with a type of gameplay that would be fun to play. Don't believe me? Read my post!
QUOTE (toga62)
My idea would work that the target will only show on the radar or as a quick marker on screen when he is doing things that give his position away. This would allow for a couple different styles of gameplay to come out of a single game type. If the person wants to hop in a car and try and speed around the city in a effort to out run the hitmen then his location will be shown to all on their radar. Making it a more intense quick chase and gun game play with the target visible to all. (at least until he gets out).

If the target decides to hide in one spot, perhaps boxing himself in a room in the hopes of taking out anyone trying to enter the door, a sort of "last stand" style stradegy, and they do not move outside of a 10ft in game radius or stand completely still to long, then the "hitmen" will be told that the target was spotted holding up in a building or alley somewhere, showing a blip on the radar marking the spot they last stood giving away the targets position. This would allow for all the hitmen to rush upon him in a epic firefight to the end. Unless the target was simple standing still allowing his position to be given away inorder to lure the hitmen into a trap where he mows them all down.

Otherwise if he chooses to walk and blend in with peds on the street level, he will be in complete stealth mode and the only way for anyone to know where he is located is to get a visual on his character. This will give the target the ability to find quick cover in the streets. So he can hop in a car, showing all the hitmen he is heading (lets say) east to a certian area of the map, but as soon as he gets to a location he thinks would be good to try and blend in to he can jump out and begain walking down the street, making his exact location secret again. The hitmen will know he is in that area of the city, but no longer will know exactly where, making them need to patrol the streets looking for him.

My post in June 07

holy sh*t reading a few posts of mine in that old thread makes me feel like I had some kind of weird insight into the game. Damn freaky... bored.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:07 AM

Rockstar is known for good music and sound, and GTA IV's voice work is nifty. You can listen to everyone in the game, but the volume of an enemy's or ally's voice is realistic, based on proximity. So if you hear an enemy's voice, he's probably right behind you and it's too late. You can call an enemy via cell phone and talk trash to them whether they're five feet away or a mile away.

if that is serious in MP that is going to be badass. I'd love to call a guy and have him answer only to tell him he is about to die as I snipe him in the face hahaha.

Yeah thats serious, they did mention this in a very early preview of IV but i couldnt find the original preview, but this confirms it and goes into more detail about it. Ive Been looking foward to this feature.

On your subject of having an insight into what rockstar do now. I just personally think its because we have followed what rockstar has done in the past, allthough some of my predictions were incorrect most of them have been ok, Like my thoughts on multiplayer topic, I said they would be aiming for a 16player multiplayer free roam I went into quite some detail as well. Got hated on by people saying its immposible (yeah not so impossible now huh)

One last thing i would like to point out is in kiziko, they do mention that when they played multiplayer it was on a DSL connection and not a LAN one, also rockstar confirmed that its been tested with over a 100 people from R* NY and R*north and they have all reported back with consistant results, also kiziko did mention that There was no lag until all of them started launching rockets at police, then the game started slowing down abit, But other than that moment they said they were playing for about 7 hours all in all and it run very well.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 April 2008 - 06:45 AM

I made it 100px heigh OB because the heli wouldn't fit in otherwise. This should fit pretty well - even though I accidentally made it 20px narrower.

user posted image

CODE
[img]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1599/obrj0.jpg[/img]

Any tweaks, just say so.

WhoooMan
  • WhoooMan

wut.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:03 AM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Apr 8 2008, 22:51)

New strategies are created by the addition of enemy blips and the cover system, enabled by pressing the right shoulder button. Enemies show on screen while moving and disappear when stationary.

I'm staying on a roof and sniping people so they wouldn't find me! Mwhahaha ph34r.gif

Spectre95
  • Spectre95

Gangsta

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 April 2008 - 07:23 AM Edited by Spectre95, 09 April 2008 - 07:26 AM.

Heh, I know. There's just gonna be so many different ways to kill your opponent, I'm not even gonna know where to begin!
Although I like that one idea of mowing down the enemy using the helicopter rotor blades. Haha! Now that's just too much. lol.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 11:17 AM

Name: Stefan.

Why I would like to join: I have always held you in the highest regard. In my mind, the LFM are the best Official gang, in fact, I recently voted for you as the best gang in the Forum awards. I think I would be a great addition to the gang, as you all seem like a nice bunch of people.

I wasn't invited here, but I caught the topic here, and immediately fell in love. I have neither a PS3 now a 360 yet, so I won't be able to give you either details, unfortunately.

I generally post around the General Chat areas, including DD and WD, and also try and keep noobs out of the San Andreas General Discussion.

I hope you consider my application, and I'm looking forward to chatting with you/playing with you in the future. Cheers guys. icon14.gif

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Jayzamann @ Apr 9 2008, 07:45)
I made it 100px heigh OB because the heli wouldn't fit in otherwise. This should fit pretty well - even though I accidentally made it 20px narrower.

user posted image

CODE
[img]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/1599/obrj0.jpg[/img]

Any tweaks, just say so.

that threw me for a minute! i thought that was a brand new multiplayer pic, Because of the perspective of the city was different, Il just get rid of my sig dont wanna get raped for having a to big sig.

So whens the next big step in BC happening (e.g playonline n stuff), in the mean time if you guys need a hand with anything Pm me id be glad to help if i can.

TommyVercetti.
  • TommyVercetti.

Dipset Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 05:16 PM

If I had live right now I'd try to get on Saints Row and tune up alittle bit. What do you guys play on live?

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:26 PM

QUOTE (TommyVercetti. @ Apr 9 2008, 10:16)
If I had live right now I'd try to get on Saints Row and tune up alittle bit. What do you guys play on live?

I play a lot of halo or cod 4 when im on. I use to be a GOW addict too but put that game down ages ago it seems.

stefan. thanks for the interest, I'll bring you up in our private forums and see what comes of it. colgate.gif Do you plan on getting a ps3 or 360 come time for GTAIV? I'm just curious.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 April 2008 - 09:56 PM

Ahh TOGA before i hit the hay, My GT is wrong in the first post. PS ive added yayo allready will add the rest of ya tommorow.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 09 April 2008 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (TOGA62 @ Apr 10 2008, 07:26)
stefan. thanks for the interest, I'll bring you up in our private forums and see what comes of it. colgate.gif Do you plan on getting a ps3 or 360 come time for GTAIV? I'm just curious.

I'm thinking of getting a 360 over a PS3, but I'm not sure really. Also, I won't be here when GTA IV comes out (I'll be in Europe from the 18th to the 4th of May) so I might get it later, around Winter. Sorry that I can't play with you guys yet. smile.gif Oh, and I really appreciate you guys considering me.

Maleficus
  • Maleficus

Propaganda Inc.

• The Connection

Posted 10 April 2008 - 01:06 AM

Once again, I'm not on the roster....What's the dill?

@Stefan: This is just my opinion, which I haven't voiced in the private forum, but if you're not going to be able to play until Winter, I don't see why you're trying to get into a gang now...

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (Maleficus @ Apr 9 2008, 18:06)
Once again, I'm not on the roster....What's the dill?

dude, I've added you in there like 2 times. Someone keeps editing you out. Are there any mods in Prop INC? Because maybe they don't want you listed as being in both. dontgetit.gif

I will add you one more time and make sure jayz isn't deleting you. But if you disappear again then some snooping needs to be done...

Maleficus
  • Maleficus

Propaganda Inc.

• The Connection

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:47 AM

Very strange...I know for a fact none of the Prop fellas have a problem with it...Whoever the dastardly editor is, show yourself!

TOGA62
  • TOGA62

The Prophecy

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 10 April 2008 - 02:52 AM

QUOTE (Maleficus @ Apr 9 2008, 19:47)
Very strange...I know for a fact none of the Prop fellas have a problem with it...Whoever the dastardly editor is, show yourself!

hm unless jayz's just behind on the times and keeps taking you out because he hasn't discovered yet that we are okay with you being in both. I added you again, hopefully you'll stay this time.

god damn it! I'm trying to get over my sickness and I've got a horrible cough, runny nose like a waterfall, and sneezing every few seconds which makes my eyes water as if im crying. Man, I'm very close to just punching myself in the face till I pass out it's that annoying. angry.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users