Quantcast

» «
Photo

SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition

2,761 replies to this topic
BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:43 AM Edited by -BLITZ-, 21 April 2013 - 11:50 AM.

Is like this:

SRt3 is based only on .TXD (textures) while, Lod Mod is with .DFF, thus none of them are having the same file. SRt3 and Lod Mod are not related either to vehicles, boats and flying since neither of them are having the same files.

If SRt3 + Lod Mod were having the same file, after you installed them, everything is okay, but ones you will install another mod that is having files connect with SRt3 or Lod Mod, is still okay, however futher installing the same files over and over again from other new mods, even after using Rebuild Archive, the game will start to act bad by crashing or freezing.

My car folder has 388 files, including .DFF/.TXD and their paintjobs. If I go now to download two cars and install them, my game and gta3.img will lose his stability. What I have to do, is to move these two new cars in my 388 Cars folder over the older file and then install them back on a new gta3.img. In that way I used IMG only once, and not milions of times.

You install 7 mods once using Bulk Replace, instead of replacing one by one in over time.

I do like this.

SRt3 -> Rebuild Arhive -> Lod Mod -> Rebuild Archive/or not -> Cars (including boats, helicopters, jets, paintjobs, since none of them are having the same files -> Peds -> Trees -> Weapons ->Tunning Parts -> Rebuild Archive -> Done!

I used Rebuild Archive and gta3.img only two times or three if you want to count that one as well.

I have Peds -> Trees -> Weapons -> Tunning parts because I want to find the files more easy, but you can throw all of them into one folder.

Wow, man - I open a class here on how others should know how to install mods on a game correctly. Hear me out, I gonna write books for SA modding. I tried to explain in short terms, cause my topic is not index to other problems, just because SRt3 is hard to understand or others consider it hard to install, but it seems that I still need to further explain in more details.

damiann69
  • damiann69

He he

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Thank you. This post should be pinned.
I have similar segregation of mods to yours. I have now quite big mod collection with my personal settings, I've tested it and now I can install it as you said.
And your car folder contains 388 files so it is possible to play with replaced (almost?) all cars without crashing...
Could you upload some screens how your game looks like smile.gif ?

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

So, when's this new release coming?

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:33 PM

So Blitz, if I understand correctly (english not very good) I should try to install all the mods at once?
Don't you think it would be more stable to make another img files like mods.img which has cars peds trees weapons tuning parts and rebuild it as much as I want, or at least recreate it every time I add new things (it will take less time to rebuild/create)
Also which tool do you use/recommend for more stable gta?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:36 PM

You can replace all of them, is just a folder is not like you are replacing them through gta3.img to reach the folder, but your going to use gta3.img one time with Bulk Replace for all of those cars to be replaced/imported at once.

Again;

New Stuff ? -> Move them to folder X -> use a new clean gta3.img 800MB -> import the "New Stuff" to new clean gta3.img -> Rebuild Archive -> Done. So you do this circle each time you want something new, but if you find something interesting after 5 minutes, uh - you have to start all over again.

Two days ago for me everything was smooth, but I had to mandatory import sfn_stream0.IPL because I did forgot to add a line. After 3 minutes of gameplay, the game crashed. Eh, well - I enter again in the game, but it didn't crash this time. However it did freezed with CJ in a car after I left the game in idle mode ( I left the game to run by itself without using the exit button to pause the game) while I was eating. So I had to start all over again.

I haven't post screens from a long time on ENB thread.
Yeah, I pinned on page one with the link.

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:40 PM

I understand now Blitz. So every time I want to add a new car I must isntall srt/rebuild > lod mod/rebuild > cars/rebuild.
Will adding another .img file make the game this unstable that you go through this stuff every time, or do you already have added .img?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:41 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 21 April 2013 - 12:43 PM.

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:30)
So, when's this new release coming?

I dunno. I want to see further development with 2x Object Draw Distance cause I'm trying to bring LOD trees, but is forcing me to play with .exe. I mentioned this in their thread and I'm hoping if someone can increase to 21000 Buildings instead of 13000 default limit through the .asi or cleo.

I don't wanna make another DLC/Patch for LOD trees. Everything to be placed in one setup.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Ah, I see. So having LOD trees will make trees appear 'much further' than the default 2x Object DD mod?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:47 PM

QUOTE (Nori Yaro @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:40)
I understand now Blitz. So every time I want to add a new car I must isntall srt/rebuild > lod mod/rebuild > cars/rebuild.
Will adding another .img file make the game this unstable that you go through this stuff every time, or do you already have added .img?

You mean, to use fastman92 tools and have multiple IMG ?
Yes and No. Is is still the same thing. Once you made a new IMG, everything is okay, but when you start to replace stuff from this new IMG, isn't this the same circle I talked about. Yes, the game can stay stable once you install them and never touch the IMG again. If you want to touch it, you have to start all over again with a brand new IMG.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 20:47)
If you want to touch it, you have to start all over again with a brand new IMG.

How come? It can cause the game to crash randomly or be unstable?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:46)
Ah, I see. So having LOD trees will make trees appear 'much further' than the default 2x Object DD mod?

My own technique, makes them to stay permanent. Any object that is LOD stays forever visible and the distance doesn't matter. I just need to have the increase limit of their buildings. I don't want to use .EXE for many reasons.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

^ Or rather one reason. tounge2.gif Bugs. icon14.gif

I see, nice. Would LODs be possible for grasses too?

Nori Yaro
  • Nori Yaro

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 12:47)
QUOTE (Nori Yaro @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:40)

You mean, to use fastman92 tools and have multiple IMG ?
Yes and No. Is is still the same thing. Once you made a new IMG, everything is okay, but when you start to replace stuff from this new IMG, isn't this the same circle I talked about. Yes, the game can stay stable once you install them and never touch the IMG again. If you want to touch it, you have to start all over again with a brand new IMG.

I meant deleting all the cars peds weapons tuning parts etc... from gta3.img and putting them in a new .img like mods.img so it will take less time to recreate (replace in the folder and then just create mods.img again again again for 1 minute instead of 20 minutes for gta3.img) Or will this make the game less stable, just wondering since you haven't done something like it.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:49)
QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 20:47)
If you want to touch it, you have to start all over again with a brand new IMG.

How come? It can cause the game to crash randomly or be unstable?

Yep. gta3.img is a very delicate file. Is like any other real device. You can't let a PC to run 24h night and day, eventually your hardware will burn. Coolers, car engines, etc.

The logic is that replacing the same files too many times, it will damage itself. Go ahead and install admiral.DFF/.TXD for 17 times on clean gta3.img and you will see how "smooth" it will run.

I guess and I'm not 100% sure, but why do you think we use Rebuild Archive to reduse gta3.img size, because the older files had remain hidden somewhere inside the IMG.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

One thing I don't understand, Spark IMG Editor doesn't seem to require you to rebuild (not even an option for it). It just saves, yet the game stays and runs fine.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 15:00)
One thing I don't understand, Spark IMG Editor doesn't seem to require you to rebuild (not even an option for it). It just saves, yet the game stays and runs fine.

Hmmm, it will stay fine until how long ? Your IMG will increase at same point. Mine has 3.65GB, but it also had at the begining 3.85GB.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Ohh. Rebuilding decreases the size of the IMG? Nice. Will keep that in mind. icon14.gif

You didn't seem to answer my previous question though;

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 20:54)
Would LODs be possible for grasses too?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:10 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 21 April 2013 - 01:19 PM.

QUOTE (Nori Yaro @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 14:54)
I meant deleting all the cars peds weapons tuning parts etc... from gta3.img and putting them in a new .img like mods.img so it will take less time to recreate (replace in the folder and then just create mods.img again again again for 1 minute instead of 20 minutes for gta3.img) Or will this make the game less stable, just wondering since you haven't done something like it.

I never tried this method because I never did trust it in the first place. Before any other tool existed, other than IMG Tool V2 that is 7/8 years old, I had to delete and import in order to not have duplicates since no bulk replace exists, but I sure did had numerous of crashes after all of my cars were installed.

You can go ahead and do that, but once is crashing, you have to rely on my method.

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 20:54)
Would LODs be possible for grasses too?

That is what MeatSafeMurderer is trying to bring. They cannot be found in STREAM.IPL neither in any IDE/IPL. This are Coding stuff.

Well, that's something new. I thought people knew what Rebuild Archive is actually doing. To me Sparks is like IMG Tool V2. I never use it or trusted.

For example IMG Manager will show me a message when i'm trying to add cars or anything else after I installed SRt3 and Lod Mod without using Rebuild Archive between them. It will tell me that is not having enough space for Rebuild Archive to run.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:14 PM Edited by JF-Mir2, 21 April 2013 - 01:21 PM.

Nori Yaro's method is what I'm using right now. But unsure if my random crashes are caused by that. confused.gif SA is just too hard to understand when it comes to bugs, crashes, and so on. It's just too .. 'complex'.

EDIT:
QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 21:14)
That is what MeatSafeMurderer is trying to bring. I cannot be found in STREAM.IPL neither in any IDE/IPL. This are Coding stuff.

Well, that's something new. I thought people knew what Rebuild Archive is actually doing. To me Sparks is like IMG Tool V2. I never used it or trusted.

For example IMG Manager will show me a message when i'm trying to add cars or anything else after I installed SRt3 and Lod Mod without using Rebuild Archive between them. It will tell me that is not having enough space for Rebuild Archive to run.

Ah, I see. Them having LOD models would be possible?

Never knew that. lol. I thought it was just to 're-organize' the IMG and to solve the white bug, and some crashes.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:27 PM

It does 're-organize' the IMG puts them in order, but it doesn't solve the problems your causing towards IMG.

White bugs will always be there, because the .DFF model ask for his own .TXD texture/images or viceversa instead your giving to him different images that the model doesn't recognize them.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

It does solve some 'unknown' crashes, crashes where you know you've done everything right, but still crashes when you see that object or when you enter them. Like when entering a certain vehicle. I know about the white bug, I've always wondered, how come not rebuilding the IMG file cause these white bugs? If the DFF itself, is there?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (JF-Mir2 @ Sunday, Apr 21 2013, 15:31)
It does solve some 'unknown' crashes, crashes where you know you've done everything right, but still crashes when you see that object or when you enter them. Like when entering a certain vehicle. I know about the white bug, I've always wondered, how come not rebuilding the IMG file cause these white bugs? If the DFF itself, is there?

're-organize' is like cleaning your room, so it does a good thing, solving 'unknown' crashes. Rebuild Archive has mutiple functions.

The .DFF "X" is there, but your connecting through .TXD "Y". The "X" .TXD is nowhere to be found.

X = SRt3 tree.DFF - Y= PO tree.TXD = bad
Y = PO .DFF - Y PO .TXD = good
X = SRt3 Tree .DFF - X = SRt3 Tree = good
--------------------------------------------------

What wonders why so many people don't even have a clue or interested to find out how can you arrange them. They expect for me to do their work outside of SRt3 topic line. I made that Tutorial topic on Tutorial Section specially for this.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 01:44 PM

So rebuilding 'connects' DFFs to their required TXDs? Interest in arranging what, exactly?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

No, JF-Mir2, rebuild archive doesn't do that. Your getting this too confused now. Just go to page one and read the tutorial. I mean, is not necessary to explain it here again, if I wrote it down there.

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

Lol .. I was asking why we need to 'rebuild' to fix the white bug even if the TXD is present. tounge.gif Anyway, back on-topic, some parts of LS will still not be mipmapped in the next release?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 April 2013 - 03:01 PM

You can find the answer here, at the middle of it.
http://www.gtaforums...=323180&st=2400

Ηeath
  • Ηeath

Just Do It.

• Members

Posted 21 April 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by JF-Mir2, 21 April 2013 - 11:33 PM.

Wow, game has limits even on mipmaps. confused.gif Anyway, I'll just leave this here, max levels of mipmaps for each resolution; Found this out during the process of making BSOR Mipmapped Edition. icon14.gif

Mipmap Level Texture Resolution
Level 122048x2048
Level 111024x1024
Level 10512x512
Level 9256x256
Level 8128x128
Level 764x64
Level 632x32

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 03:58 AM

hey where i can download latest patches? moddb link's dead

Methical
  • Methical

Gramps

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 22 April 2013 - 04:02 AM

Read a few pages back ..

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 April 2013 - 12:20 PM

I will try to find some time today, late night, to make the setup because I'm not waiting any futher for news on 2x Object Draw Distance thread. After the attempt of playing with Lod trees on a modified .exe with test.asi, it didn't last much until it crashed and I know for sure the cause is coming from the .exe

Restoring back to my previous modded SA, nothing happend for hours.

Also, don't try to use maplimit with test.asi at the same time. Maplimit doesn't work together with test.asi

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users