Quantcast

» «
Photo

SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition

2,761 replies to this topic
BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:38 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 28 March 2009 - 11:01 AM.

QUOTE (DZorro @ Apr 13 2008, 11:47)
I think i might be having some problems with this mod. It seems everytime i turn too quickly it takes way to much time to render the graphics. Is it problems with this mod, or is it my pc ??

I currently have a dual core Intel Pentium 2.66 with Nvidia 8800 GTS with 2 gig of memory. And plenty of hd space.
It's not that my game is slow, it's really fast. It's just takes the rendering from distance, that actually is the problem.

Knochen is right. You don't need 700. 150-170 is a very good setting. Possible that your rendering to make like that from this 700.

bumster
  • bumster

Ham on!

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (bumster @ Apr 11 2008, 15:59)
how well will it run on amd phenom 9500,3gb ram and geforce 8400 gs 256mb confused.gif

Can someone tell me?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2008 - 12:59 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 30 April 2009 - 05:21 PM.

QUOTE (bumster @ Apr 13 2008, 12:48)
how well will it run on amd phenom 9500,3gb ram and geforce 8400 gs 256mb confused.gif

Can someone tell me?

It will run very good. You have a good PC. Is just a retexturing. It can't run so slow at your PC. Just install and then you will see how it runs.

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (Darecki @ Apr 13 2008, 12:30)
QUOTE (DZorro @ Apr 13 2008, 12:47)
I think i might be having some problems with this mod. It seems everytime i turn too quickly it takes way to much time to render the graphics. Is it problems with this mod, or is it my pc ??

I currently have a dual core Intel Pentium 2.66 with Nvidia 8800 GTS with 2 gig of memory. And plenty of hd space.
It's not that my game is slow, it's really fast. It's just takes the rendering from distance, that actually is the problem.

Are you using Limit Ajduster?
If not, download it and change Memory limit to 300-700 (i'm using 700 mb biggrin.gif I have maany mods). YOu should find that line in salimits.ini.

No i don't use any limit adjuster. only the build in frame limiter is on. From the option screens.

DZorro
  • DZorro

Snitch

• Members

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:16 PM Edited by DZorro, 13 April 2008 - 08:18 PM.

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Apr 13 2008, 12:38)
QUOTE (DZorro @ Apr 13 2008, 11:47)

The First the question to me is like this one. smile.gif What settings do you have at you SA and specialy tell the resolution your using sly.gif and Knochen I'm using only 150 biggrin.gif and I have no problem too... and, yeah; why 700 ? first I have used with 250 and was working a little slow ( my computer, not my game ) I have only 512 ram and if you have a very good computer, I think it dosen't need to be at 700 smile.gif

Well my screen resolution is 1600 x 1050 32 bit. And works goes really fast. sometimes too fast that lod doesn't have time to paint the distance.

It's not that ,my game is slow. It's just, that if you drive too fast you see the building with no texture wait and the screen adjust accordingly. Don;t know how to explain it better.

bumster
  • bumster

Ham on!

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Apr 13 2008, 13:59)
QUOTE (bumster @ Apr 13 2008, 12:48)

Can someone tell me?

Man, why you don't understand smile.gif I have an 3 year old computer... and I don't have a problem well I'm using SA Limit Adjuster for help ( to not see the sky, that's why I'm telling this ) is not my problem that your using higher than 1024x768 at resolution, and you still puting this question.. means that you didn't try the mod. Try it, see what's gona happend smile.gif

Huh? I never said anything about my resolution. :confused:

Darecki
  • Darecki

a.k.a LinkinDark

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 12:37 PM

-BLITZ-, are you going to edit/add something else in the mod?

Knochen
  • Knochen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (Darecki @ Apr 17 2008, 12:37)

Hi,

if Blitz wants to, i can upload my billboard and lod road ressources (txds and pngs about 90 megs), so he can take a look at it and maybe choose some of them

Some Examples.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

I made about 30 different billboards. But the most of them are already in some txd files so Blitz would have to extract them.

The all have 512x256 res.

Just let me know.

Greetz

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:04 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 28 March 2009 - 11:10 AM.

QUOTE (Knochen @ Apr 17 2008, 14:24)
QUOTE (Darecki @ Apr 17 2008, 12:37)

Hi,

if Blitz wants to, i can upload my billboard and lod road ressources (txds and pngs about 90 megs), so he can take a look at it and maybe choose some of them

Some Examples.

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

I made about 30 different billboards. But the most of them are already in some txd files so Blitz would have to extract them.

The all have 512x256 res.

Just let me know.

Greetz

Thank you Knochen, but I prefer the standart billboards, because Coca-Cola doesn't have any relation with this mod.

Darecki, for the moment nothing. I have talk with Knochen about teaching me or giving me some tutorials of how to make a texture or a retexture and he said when he gona finish he's interior mod, he will try something to give me and then supose that I gona change the building textures and the other things that have left, but I don't know if this gona happend.

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:16 PM

Great work! smile.gif

As for the bugs, I`ve found 2:

1. Roads don`t match (some of them are not replaced)
2. Train tracks and gravel don`t match (same as roads)

I also have one question: is "SRT3 Final" compatible with "Project Oblivion" and "Real Palms" mods? I`ve installed them over SRT3, but with strange results...

FullMetal
  • FullMetal

Non-Retard

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:27 PM

Yeah you should stick with the GTA world and keep the "fake brands". =)

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:46 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 30 April 2009 - 05:29 PM.

QUOTE (Jasenko @ Apr 17 2008, 15:16)
Great work!  smile.gif

I also have one question: is "SRT3 Final" compatible with "Project Oblivion" and "Real Palms" mods? I`ve installed them over SRT3, but with strange results...

I don't know where the roads doesn't fit. Some me some pictures please.
The same thing with the train tracks. Some me pictures
Srt3 is compatible with Project Oblivion, but some trees will been seen white. So you have to make some changes ( importing and exporting texture from Srt3 to PO or vice versa ) and this stuff you have to make by your self.

Knochen
  • Knochen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Apr 17 2008, 15:46)
QUOTE (Jasenko @ Apr 17 2008, 15:16)
Great work!  smile.gif

I have said... make pictures, because I have made many changes... I don't know where is the bug smile.gif , and with SRT3 Final and Project Oblivion, of course your getting bad results, because the same mods have the same names of .txd and .dff, hmm... first I'm installing SRT3 then Oblivion, here you have to make by your self the changing... because I have made for my SA chaging too.. ( I was seeing white at trees ) smile.gif

I think he means the lod textures of roads and traingravel.
I fixed them for srt 3 original release, but at normal res. See the srt thread for screenies.

You have to rework the roads and train lod to fix those stuff.

Simply use map editor and render normal then lod distance to see the difference.
Then pick the originalroad textures from that area and put them in the lod file.

Normally those mods srt, real palms and project oblivion are compatible.

For me they work flawless together.

Greetz

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:31 PM Edited by Jasenko, 18 April 2008 - 03:36 PM.

I`ve removed screenshots because of high resolution smile.gif

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2008 - 07:59 AM Edited by -BLITZ-, 30 April 2009 - 05:33 PM.

First, the bugs are not from me. They are from R*

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

If you see the normal has the same problem, so I don't know what to do much.

user posted image user posted image

The same thing, but I didn't see that normal game has such bugs.

The same...

user posted image
I realy don't know what is whit this pictures or what the bugs is. Is just the Srt3 grass mod, that's all.

And this are not the only bugs that you will find in SA, they are many of this bugs and any texture if I gona put, It gona result the same thing and make the pictures a little smaller please. icon14.gif

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

I`m sorry for train tracks suicidal.gif

As for roads, that is not a bug from Rockstar (I`m talking about Los Santos bridge) tounge.gif
I know that because I`ve used "New LS roads" mod from GTAinside, and now all problems are gone... Just update road textures to fix this problem. (mostly around ganton)

Last picture is grass after using "Project Oblivion" mod. (Only on few locations, not all SA)
To tell you the truth, I don`t know what caused it. Neither Palm or Oblivion mods are using same files as your SRT3 dontgetit.gif

BTW, I hope I didn`t insult you in any way. If I did, I`m sorry.

chrisxpred
  • chrisxpred

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 01:33 PM

do i need srt3 for this mod? or are all the retextures of srt3 also included in here?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2008 - 02:12 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 30 April 2009 - 05:34 PM.

Install first ParoXum version, then my version, because is a continue of his mod.

freezebox
  • freezebox

Gtaforums is gay it is a load of sh*t.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:24 PM

is this mod samp compatible? i installed paroxums final version then yours and it wont work in samp but paroXums does work on its own any ideas?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2008 - 08:54 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 30 April 2009 - 05:36 PM.

QUOTE (freezebox @ Apr 18 2008, 20:24)
is this mod samp compatible? i installed paroxums final version then yours and it wont work in samp but paroXums does work on its own any ideas?

Well about every texture have been changed. Not every SAMP server will accept this type of modification on this game. Depends on the server and luck.
I will try my self tomorrow to see what will gona happend.

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

Looks very gritty, like the pixels are alive. Like no mips and too big texture with too much s sharpness? Are there mipmaps?

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:39 PM Edited by Jasenko, 18 April 2008 - 11:44 PM.

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Apr 18 2008, 09:59)
First... the bugs are not from me... they are from R*

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

If you see the normal has the same problem... so I think much I don't know what to do...

The same... thing, but I didn't see that normal game has such a bug  dontgetit.gif

The same...

user posted image
But what with this picture... man this is not from me  lol.gif , this is from models/grass. I don't know what Grass Mod your using because I didn't tuch folder MODELS smile.gif

And this are not the only bugs that you find in SA, they are many of this bugs... and any texture if I gona put, It gona result the same thing...  confused.gif and make the pictures a little smaller... smile.gif

Looks like I`m only half right confused.gif
Original game really have those bugs, but this is an TXD issue, and not DFF like you said before. When I replace those files with something else, all roads in LA are fine... smile.gif

Other than that, looks like your mod is bugless.

One more (and final) question, is someone going to make real-life billboard mod for SRT3 final?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 April 2008 - 06:08 AM Edited by -BLITZ-, 30 April 2009 - 05:45 PM.

QUOTE (derty @ Apr 18 2008, 21:00)
Looks very gritty, like the pixels are alive. Like no mips and too big texture with too much s sharpness? Are there mipmaps?

Yes, I think your right. At the moment I will not work for mipmaps. I have started with something and finish whit that. Everything at his time.

And To @Jasenko:
Man, look; I don't change the roads, those are not bugs ( SF street bridge and LA streets). The game, has more then one texture of road ( 5-20 even more, different type of texture road ) so I can't not put only one texture of road in the hole SA. If you want, you can do that for your self-use tounge.gif

The streets doesn't have bugs, they are looking the same like one's from the normals. What you have said with "... all roads in LA are fine." there you have change puting only one texture of road to half of LA city.

And about billboards : This is not the final version, everything gona be retextured from this game when the time comes.

And if you like to report bugs, continue to report. I didn't tell you to stop
I have answer to your questions smile.gif

To @freezebox : How I thought. To me is working, even with the lods at high quality.
I have a question to you. Did you change something else than puting SRT3 Mod because if you have change the cars, bike, and others things that including .dff and .col files and putting extra maps in your game, of course it will not work, because you have change to much in your game. SRT3 has only one .col file and .dff from the peds and weapons so much dosen't do wrong to SAMP servers. smile.gif

user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image

Jasenko
  • Jasenko

“Resistance is futile”

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:39 AM

QUOTE (-BLITZ- @ Apr 19 2008, 08:08)
And To @Jasenko: Man, look; I don't change the roads.. you want fix, but that is not a bug ( SF street bridge and LA streets); the game, has more then 1.txd of road ( 5-20 , even more, different tipe of texture ), so I can't not put only 1.txd of road in the hole SA...  sly.gif

The streets are not bugs, they are looking the same like the normals. What you have said with "... all roads in LA are fine." there you have change puting 1.txd of road to half of LA city.  sigh.gif

I`ve just wanted to tell you that road texture CAN be fixed, but since this is not a bug I`m no longer asking you to do so tounge.gif And I know how to re-texture roads, because I`m working with GTA games for almost 3 years smile.gif

Knochen
  • Knochen

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 04:07 PM Edited by Knochen, 21 April 2008 - 12:55 AM.

QUOTE (derty @ Apr 18 2008, 21:00)

Hi,

how you create mipmaps for san andreas ?

As far as i know txd workshop only supports bmp, tga and png. None of these formats contain mipmap infos or images.
The only format i know is dds.

But if you know a way please lez me know.

Edit: Ok i found a tool called G-TXD it can generate mip maps. Im testing right now.
If it fully works it would be awesome, cause it reduces the pixelating from big textures if they are far away.

Edit: OK tested it on my HD Interiour mod and all i can say wow. The Image Quality greatly increased and of course performance too.

Gained 3 FPS inside Mad Dogs mansion. I will post some with without pics in a minute.

Without MipMaps

user posted image

With MipMaps

user posted image

Look at the green kitchen wall. There you can see the difference.
Note: The Kitchen wood is in another txd and not mipmapped.

So decide for yourself Blitz, if you want to mipmap all txd files .
It would be long work. But only clicking the mouse button.

If you will do it, then type 7-10 (depending on resolution) in number of mipmaps.

Edit: Dont create mipmaps it causes the game to crash. I created some more txd with mipmaps and the game crashes. So dont create them

Greetz

yeahsine
  • yeahsine

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 April 2008 - 12:21 PM

Hey everybody, thanks for this mod.

I just have some issues with the view : the world's loading everytime, & switching between normal and low quality.. I think it comes from this mod, since GTA's not made to support a lot of textures.. Am i the only one ? Shoud I install Salimits ? How can I get it to work ?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:25 PM Edited by -BLITZ-, 30 April 2009 - 05:50 PM.

To @Knochen : I'm at the beginning of this mod. I don't know much and I don't know how to make mipmaps for the moment.

To @yeahsine: You have to use this two helpers. Choose on of them. Same result.
- SAStreamMemFix. by Alexander and ASILOADER.
• His Page : Click Me
• Direct Link To ASILOADER: Click Me
• Direct Link To SAStreamMemFix. : Click Me
-------------------------------------------------------
- Or San Andreas Limit Adjuster by Sacky : Click Me

JustExtreme
  • JustExtreme

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2008 - 10:46 PM

This looks real good from what I can actually see of it when I play but...

For some reason buildings and tree's keep repeatedly unloading and reloading constantly and the entire landscape keeps loading the LOD textures then loading the hi res then back to LOD over and over again.

Any ideas what this could be?

Looks like yesine is having the same problem, dude, what spec u got?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 April 2008 - 07:22 AM

QUOTE (JustExtreme @ Apr 28 2008, 22:46)
This looks real good from what I can actually see of it when I play but...

For some reason buildings and tree's keep repeatedly unloading and reloading constantly and the entire landscape keeps loading the LOD textures then loading the hi res then back to LOD over and over again.

Any ideas what this could be?

Looks like yesine is having the same problem, dude, what spec u got?

Use -> SA Limit Adjuster -> Click Here
(then enter in salimits.ini and search Streaming Memory), has to be
CODE
#Streaming Memory
but put like this
CODE
Streaming Memory=170
wink.gif

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2008 - 08:13 AM Edited by derty, 29 April 2008 - 08:22 AM.

Hey blitz, nah man, I just meant some higher levels of mip mapping for the larger, more grainy tex would be a really nice nice addition and help to make it look a lot better, especially at below 1280 res, at like 1024 and below blush.gif

Knocken posted perfect example of these issues in the other room's green tile wall. You can see it get's very bad in the most distant:

Without MipMaps

user posted image

With MipMaps

user posted image

But if you know a way please lez me know.

You can generate mips in G-TXD wink.gif However:

If you will do it, then type 7-10 (depending on resolution) in number of mipmaps.

G-TXD, and I believe SA as well, only supports 7 level mips, 3 or 4 should usually be plenty. I think I would be willing to help, it would be an extra cherry on top of an awesome mod.

0 - 6, 0 being full res, 6 is 7th level mip.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users