[REL|SA] SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition

2,765 replies to this topic
TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:58 PM

Just done a quick test, and right off the bat I noticed a lot of textures missing mipmaps compared to before.

Should be pretty obvious from the screenshots.

wy4ZK80.jpg
4lR3GDA.jpg

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

Typical behaviour for someone with your condition.

• Members
  • None
  • Best Texture/Model 2013 "SRt3 2012 Mipmap Edition"

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:01 PM Edited by BLlTZ, 16 February 2014 - 02:04 PM.

I don't understand, I mipmaped all my Los Santos textures of my last work.

Ops, I think I skip this textures, yep they are not mipmaped or the program didn't generated them.

Maximus93
  • Maximus93

Player Hater

• Members
  • Madagascar

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

I don't understand, I mipmaped all my Los Santos textures of my last work.

Ops, I think I skip this textures, yep they are not mipmaped or the program didn't generated them.

ehm can you fix this easily?

for me its really annoying to see textures without mip maps

KubaTaky
  • KubaTaky

Sonic The Hedgehog

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

I love this mod :-) Im using it with Behind space of Realities and its very great this combination.. And other mods with this.. I must say - Incredible work and best variant to retexture SA globally.. Good Job !

TommyCJFaann
  • TommyCJFaann

Everything changes.

• Members
  • India

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:12 PM Edited by TommyCJFaann, 23 February 2014 - 03:13 PM.

This topic got a pinning by accident?

Weeks before I saw the Razer Game Booster topic getting pinned and was gone,is it like that?

LINK/2012
  • LINK/2012

LIVIN' IN CODE

• Feroci Racing
  • Brazil

Posted 23 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

This topic got a pinning by accident?

Weeks before I saw the Razer Game Booster topic getting pinned and was gone,is it like that?

It was pinned because it won an award.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:27 PM Edited by BLlTZ, 28 February 2014 - 03:11 PM.

Well, this winning came unexpected. I was so busy with Lod Mod & SRt3 from the past two months that this year I skipped everything that was related to it and I wonder who did voted me and how many because you can't just simply win with only two or three members votes. This is so anonymous. I have so much to thank to.

Gosh and I had the feeling that something will happen in a good way this year, and now I feel terrible that I didn't participate because I notice that some mods that I like won as well. What a turn, it happens when you give up at it.

About those textures who didn't turned mipmaps I will do so, but for now I take a brake with my PC because after using IMG tool too many times for Lod Mod + Med Editor + occasions where I had to start all over again building Lod Mod updating it, it was making too much noise.

I also started doing just for fun, by retexturing all some of the important Sings.

http://i.imgur.com/sqGSVwK.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WqIInL8.jpg

• Mr. Jago likes this

Methical
  • Methical

★★★★★

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 28 February 2014 - 10:20 PM

Looks fancy Blitz. Congratz on the award too, well deserved.

I made a script yesterday, that automates the mipmapping with G-TXD. Its not flawless, because G-TXD isn't flawless.

PM me if you are interested in having a look @ it.

=OG4life=
  • =OG4life=

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 March 2014 - 09:05 AM

I noticed a crash.It occurs when I try to wear the yellow eris t-shirt that you win by completing the Chilliad challenge.The game crashed instantly when you press the button to try it on.Also, the pizza missions are IMPOSSIBLE to complete, since pedestrians keep spawning inside of each other and so e.g. instead of 8 pizzas to deliver you get 9 and so on.I hope Silent can fix this

The clothing in the shops are also a bit f*cked up, but I'll talk about that later.Apart from these small bugs I'm really enjoying the mod, nice work.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:04 AM

No need to methodunderg. I know how to work with G-TXD properly from when I releases SRt3 2012 with Mipmaps back then. I don't get crashes and it take me few seconds to mipmap one TXD with all their textures.

Excuse me, OG4life, but from what you been dealing there is hard for me to belive is from SRt3 when gta3.img is separated entirely from the clothes which is player.img and for the peds that are spawning in wrong places which is coding related and not textures. I don't see the connections here. What other mods you been using, check those out first.

Methical
  • Methical

★★★★★

• Feroci Racing
  • New-Zealand

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:23 AM

Blitz, could you explain your method with using G-TXD. A step by step guide, even by PM. It might help me with a few problems I'm having with my script (the main one is mipmapping *32* resolution textures)

I think OG4life was meant to post in the TTDISA thread.

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 March 2014 - 08:04 PM Edited by BLlTZ, 03 March 2014 - 03:01 PM.

Those eyes surely gave me lot of trouble remaking them.

3IJLY3H.jpg

WrsJSFI.jpg

ASHRfC9.jpg

I'm not sure if I can do better than this. I haven't test it in-game. It was a fun try, though.

Going with Candy now.

qK0sgz5.jpg

• Danikov, LINK/2012, Mr. Jago and 1 other like this

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hey Blitz. I found a invisible wall here. Its it because of SRT +lod mod or something else ?

nm6sbgpr.png

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:30 AM Edited by BLlTZ, 05 March 2014 - 09:46 PM.

It might be. Thanks for posting the issue. I will look into it.

Progress ...

a1NV7F5.jpg

• Mr. Jago likes this

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2014 - 08:54 AM Edited by BLlTZ, 08 March 2014 - 09:04 AM.

Hey Blitz. I found a invisible wall here. Its it because of SRT +lod mod or something else ?

From the way I see it, it seems that some objects are missing from your image.

There is no fence and neither the two trees and from the look of it you are hitting one of the tree. Are you sure you haven't change something on Tweaker settings ? Do you have something else installed other than, SRt3 + Lod Mod ?

I haven't test it with SRt3 yet, so it might be a texture conflict, but I'm not sure how. Could be a mipmap. Nope, either from SRt3 or Lod Mod is coming.

Do another rebuild of gta3.img just in case.

jcbCH8r.jpg

Candy Progress... coming close to finish. Her face will be a challenge.

kZrHYi5.jpg

alayanrole
  • alayanrole

El Danza Kuduro!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:45 AM

so , is the mipmap issue as James said fixed?

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:41 AM Edited by Semih95, 10 March 2014 - 11:32 AM.

so , is the mipmap issue as James said fixed?

Maybe Blitz will fix the Mipmaps when he finishes the retexturing

nzjk759n.png

qr4oha3z.png

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:14 PM Edited by BLlTZ, 10 March 2014 - 12:15 PM.

Those kind of intersection are all over the game. Is using the road texture that you see in the images you took by reversing the texture and using the dirt from both sides of the texture which is near to the pavewalk. In default San Andreas, there is only a dirt, reason that in the middle of the intersection there is no dirt-line. Texture is ParoXum made, and if he took the decision to add dirt on both side of the road, for more realism, I can't do nothing about it. Is just a minor bug, however I see 4 textures inside .TXD and I assume that it can be repaired. Maybe I will find a way to fix this. I know about this from long time now, but I wasn't that good at fixing stuff like how I do today so I left this behind and forgotten. I will give a change.

PJWituj.jpg

I have to modify the .DFF, but that is something that I don't do for SRt3.

Semih95
  • Semih95

Rat

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:33 PM

But maybe you can make the first one look like the second one ? Its looks way better but anyways I love this mod

fngfkxma.png

KubaTaky
  • KubaTaky

Sonic The Hedgehog

• Members
  • Czech-Republic

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:29 PM

Im impressed! Nice mod,.. im using it with BSOR and i must say.. Fanstastic! Great JOB!

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

Over 10,000 downloads and recognised DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 23 March 2014 - 06:36 PM Edited by Mattatatta, 23 March 2014 - 06:37 PM.

I think I've missed an important step, but I'm stumped on what it is.

I've installed just the contents of the SRT3 folder - didn't use anything from the Bonus or CLEO folders - into a clean gta3.img and while the textures are great up close, the LODs of the roads are default. So what I commonly experience while driving down a road is ugly grey road textures flickering away as the new blacktop texture comes into use. Is there something else I need to install to remedy this? The instructions appeared to suggest that the LOD textures had been replaced, too.

It's not just roads, the brewery near Blueberry has a very noticeable default LOD that clashes with its new up-close texture. There is no smooth transition between LOD and regular texture. One simply flickers over the other until I'm at the right distance for one to take precedence.

There's also the fence around the San Fierro Federal Reserve that displays weird effects as I move closer and further away from it.

The mods I'm running alongside SRT3 2014 Mipmap Edition is 2dfx (with the modified dffs from that overriding any conflicts) and the 2048 memory CLEO correcting the game's stream memory. I'm not running ENB, but I am using Ultrathing for a slight graphics change. However I do not believe it would interfere with the rendering of textures. 

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 23 March 2014 - 07:01 PM Edited by TJGM, 23 March 2014 - 07:06 PM.

The LOD textures are inside the bonus folder. Oh and instead of replacing files, it'd be easier to just install them with Mod Loader.
  • LINK/2012 and abdullah5009 like this

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:47 PM

Yes, because what you are actually looking at, are the low poly LOD objects from the default game with their default texture colliding over each other distances and approaches of the player (You) position. Even with LOD textures in the bonus folder, there still are unfinished, remained default textures and there is a very high percentage where making new textures of LOD out of SRt3 impossible to be made. There are some wacky textures for buildings piled together into one 256x256 px texture who also don't respect the proportionality even over low poly LODs. Stretched; one texture used over an entire building, textured used as roof can go for pavewalk and such. Belive me, I tried to make some, but once I notice that the corner (facade) of a building, not using the right texture, I couldn't done nothing about it. So you're going to see some old default textures far way and then being switch by SRt3 textures once you are closing to that object.

You have to generate texture-Lod with a special program. I have very less information on how these LODs are generated with whatever program is out there, so I took a nother direction and made up LOD Mod. Team of Ghostown Paradise made LOD textures for their objects, but I don't know how they made them and this is something which LOD Mod takes the place.

There is one building in San Fierro which is using the roof texture for his structure on everything. One huge black low-poly square. Is near the Sub Urban Shop, (http://www.grandthef...ry-exterior.jpg)

Mattatatta
  • Mattatatta

Over 10,000 downloads and recognised DYOM Mission Designer

• Members

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:51 AM

Thanks the response, now I understand. I'll put the Bonus LODs in and see how that goes. I fear my poor game cannot handle much more though, because after about 30 minutes of play, my entire screen will flash whenever a car drives into the view of the camera. Weird stuff that I hammer down to a particular cause other than everything being too stressful for the computer.

I've heard of LOD Mod, but I've not installed it yet in case I get a bad conflict with SRT3, 2dfx, and the handful of small mods I use. How does LOD mod work? Does it stop the game from needed to render LODs and instead displays the regular object at long distances? Something else entirely?

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 March 2014 - 08:37 AM

Does it stop the game from needed to render LODs and instead displays the regular object at long distances? Something else entirely?

You just answered to your own question.

I forgot to put the link of LOD Mod on front page to directed to LOD Mod thread for any info.

http://gtaforums.com...ndreas-lod-mod/

You can check out the comparing screens I posted and see the differences.

NYDMT
  • NYDMT

f*ck mr. blonde

• Members

Posted 31 March 2014 - 01:09 AM Edited by NYDMT, 31 March 2014 - 01:09 AM.

Anyone know why a lot of doors in the game, including CJ's, Sweet's, and OG Loc's Grove Street homes, are textured with a store's door?

Take a look at the screenshots to see what I mean:

S23.postimg.org
S23.postimg.org
S23.postimg.org

Any way to fix this?

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 31 March 2014 - 05:47 AM Edited by MrMateczko, 31 March 2014 - 05:47 AM.

Nope. This door is put once in archive and repeated numerous times in in-game models. While it might look good in one place, it wouldn't in others. It's just how R* got somewhat lazy.

All you can do is to modify DFF's of these houses.

TJGM
  • TJGM

GTA Mods Led-By

• Feroci Racing
  • Ireland

Posted 07 April 2014 - 02:38 AM

I doubt I was the first to ever notice this, but I thought it was pretty cool.

gta_sa%202014-04-07%2003-25-28-95.png

BLlTZ
  • BLlTZ

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:09 PM Edited by BLlTZ, 07 April 2014 - 03:11 PM.

Obvious that's not entirely true and it was planed for lastest released. I remember that I didn't know what to write there and being the highest altitude where you could reach in the game, so I thought this is the best location to write that down. :p

Usman55
  • Usman55

Thug

• Members

Posted 07 April 2014 - 03:39 PM

I'm reinstalling San Andreas just to test out this amazing mod. The screenshots seem very appealing! Great Job, OP!

Can someone confirm SA works on Ubuntu?

Any other mod suggestions to go along this masterpiece?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users