Photo

Territory Glitch Cheat-Device Code: PS2

617 replies to this topic
hall90
  • hall90

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:55 AM

QUOTE (GTASAddict @ Sunday, Feb 17 2013, 09:59)
This seems like a slippery slope. Every time you enter a new code to correct a previous code, a new glitch arises. I think you're fighting fire with fire, figuratively speaking. Ric's codes never gave me any problems. Hopefully if anyone else had any problems similar to yours (God forbid) they'll point it out.

GTASAddict A few years ago I used the territory glitch codes and other codes on V1 with no problems. So if anybody using V2 codes with issues perhaps they should buy the original version and be happy. What is your opinion on this.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:01 AM

I see your point, Hall90. The special edition (V2) doesn't seem so "special" with certain codes. Perhaps when V1 codes are ported to V2 errors arise during the translation, thus it causes glitches. People will surely be happy if they can enter codes in peace without worrying about glitches and if they need V1 to do so, I advise so. I would switch versions if I had to. But at the same time, when you have so much accomplished, it can be a spirit breaker having to start over. Though I agree with your point.

That Grove street Homie
  • That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:11 AM

I'm progressing. I took over the huge LV territory, blackfield, and am going for ls, but idk where to get it started

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

When I 1st started using these codes, I only wanted specific territories (in addition to the default ones), not the entire map, but it got addicting so I eventually used the 380 code. You feel so accomplished gaining them after many hours of conquesting.

Personally with this code, I began in Fierro toward the top (Battery point) region.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:44 AM

Make your own territory codes didn't work..

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:46 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 17 February 2013 - 08:52 AM.

They only add territory, they don't change the map colors, but they do put the desired gang there despite it all. I don't know how map colors are altered.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:53 AM

I wish I could erase all these territories and just put in the city territories code..

cry.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:02 AM Edited by OrionSR, 17 February 2013 - 09:04 AM.

It is possible to edit the PS2 save files with the zone tool included with GTA SA Savegame Editor v3.0 by Paul Breeuwsma (linked below). Use the AR-Max utility to copy the save data to and from a USB device. I can't remember the exact procedure anymore. I think I could copy the save info directly to the USB device, but then had to repackage it with PS2 Save Builder to copy it back to the memory card.

http://www.paulinternet.nl/sa

And btw, as soon as my codes started getting more than a few lines long I started using the code.bin list (or whatever they are called) generated by OmniConvert to import my codes to AR-Max without having to type in the complicated encrypted codes.

Oh, and Green Sabre and... Home Coming (?) don't change any zones other than the default Grove, Balla, and Vago zones. These missions completely ignore non-standard gang zones.

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:11 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 17 February 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Orion often gives good advice, but it tends to be confusing having to reread it multiple times to understand it. You can edit save files, but you cannot totally erase without starting a new game.

Green Sabre & Home Coming only influence default territories (Grove, Ballas, & Vagos) when doing the story lines. If you replay them after completion using AR-MAX, Gameshark, Codebreaker they won't influence even the default ones. Like I said, everything reverts back to previously.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

This wouldn't be much of a problem, unless the "ghost" territories were not here.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:23 AM

On second thought, after reading skills' comments in the other topic, and taking a closer look at some of the problems reported, I suspect the entire zone file might be corrupt. If you can figure out how to copy your save (saves on PS2 are named after the last mission completed and have a .b extension) to PC and upload it to http://gtasnp.com then I'll replace the entire zone block with a good one and you can start over with your turf code experiments.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 17 February 2013 - 10:27 PM

I'll do that, but how do I upload it?

Don't I put the san andreas disc in my computer?

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

Uploading the save file to gtasnp.com is easy enough once you have the save isolated on your computer. There's a browse button that will let you search for it with the windows file explorer; then click upload. The tricky part is getting the save from the PS2 memory card to the computer.

It's been years since I've done this so I can't remember the details, but...

There's another mode to the main AR-Max software that usually boots up that will allow you to manage memory cards and has options to copy data to and from a USB memory device. The problem here is that newer or complex USB drives won't work with this old software. It uses an older file format, FAT32 maybe? Or perhaps something even older. Fortunately this format will work just fine in a computer if it works in the PS2.

I'm pretty sure I couldn't compress (crunch?) the San Andreas folder and copy it to the USB key for some reason. But I could copy all of the uncompressed files to the USB drive. Try to get this far and then upload the save.

Copying the save back to the PS2 requires putting the save into a compressed folder and uncrunching (?) it back to the memory card using the AR-Max utility. My strategy was to download an AR-Max compressed folder from the internet , remove the existing save, and insert my own saves with PS2 Save Builder. I could do this part but...

The process of copying the saves back to the memory card requires removing any existing San Andreas data, so any other saves you want to keep will need to be added to the compressed archive. If worse comes to worse you could upload each of your saves to gtasnp and I could put them in a compressed folder for NTSCv2, but it would be a lot easier, and provide you with the skills necessary to backup your saves or play with custom saves, if you could manage your saves with PS2 Save Builder.

BTW, once you get a USB device working with AR-Max then you can use the code list generated by OmniConvert to enter those insanely huge cheat codes.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:06 AM Edited by That Grove street Homie, 18 February 2013 - 01:17 AM.

I don't know which USB to use, since I don't really have any.

But That's some nice info, and I just entered a MONSTER code, the no gangland to gangland code. this didn't really do anything except remove all the countryside territories, and gsf spawn in blue hell now for some reason.

Does this code enable groups of them to spawn in airport runways?
Middle of the forest? Area 69?

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Gangs don't spawn in Area69. They don't spawn in countryside either.

But.... If you use thr gangs 9/10 codes, to implant the territories in the country side then they will appear.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Should I just restart my whole San Andreas?

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:16 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 18 February 2013 - 04:57 AM.

If you use gang 9 & 10 codes and want gangs war possible, use the ones on page 1; if you use gang 9 & 10 codes and want gang wars impossible, use the codes on page 10.

I'm looking to put gang 9 in Fort Carson & gang 10 in Caligula area, but I have a problem. Aztecas, gang 9 & gang 10 all use the same ped skin models (they look identical) so what're some good models to change 9 & 10 to? Don't want 3 gangs running around that look alike. Don't suggest the unused mafia skins because I'm using those for Grove.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

QUOTE (That Grove street Homie @ Monday, Feb 18 2013, 03:01)
Should I just restart my whole San Andreas?

I take it you didn't look/pay attention to the first page. There is a code for REMOVE HUGE OVERLAPPING AREAS/TERRITORY.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

Yeah, that code didn't remove the huge territories. I did test it.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:02 AM

It's suppose to.

It removes the SF/LS/LV territories. Which version do you have? And did you kill yourself to see the results??

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 19 February 2013 - 12:41 AM

The problem appears to be that the NTSCv2 380 Turfs code he used wasn't ported properly and has corrupt a lot of his zone data - like the zone coordinates, so everything is seriously screwed up.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:23 AM

Then your screwed. You better start over.

Does Ric know??

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:41 AM

I'm in Los santos part 2, on the missions. I'm a fast gta player. tounge.gif

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:13 AM

Just a little heads up, Grove Street Homie

If you plan on using the territory code, or if you already did expect to take at least 2 out of the 3 major big cities before doing EOTL. It will no longer be 21% gangland needed you'll need much more.

Of course I know a way around it wink.gif

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:37 PM

I actually might just use the city territory codes. and if that screws up, I'll make a separate file in case. or just not save

GTASAddict
  • GTASAddict

0_0

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:13 AM Edited by GTASAddict, 17 March 2013 - 09:01 AM.

I just noticed that this topic was started on April fools day. Fascinating!

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:28 AM

QUOTE (That Grove street Homie @ Tuesday, Feb 19 2013, 22:37)
I actually might just use the city territory codes. and if that screws up, I'll make a separate file in case. or just not save

It will only screw up how many territories, you need to take.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 03:34 AM

Yeah this code seems to be working perfectly.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

You will also encounter weird looking peds. And you will probably see cars/trucks in areas you don't usually see them. Drug dealers will also appear in SF/LS.

That Grove street Homie

Grove street OG

• Members

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:29 PM

Only one strange thing, when I finished end of the line some of the territories in SF had been taken back by ballas/vagos. but this seems to be fixed now, it's not doing that. Also, a hood near el corona made by the satchel method was gone after end of the line too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users