Best / worst handling cars / bikes

58 replies to this topic
OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 14 April 2008 - 03:07 PM

FINALLY I found the SUPER GT so many players complain over.

Is its handling poor? No. It handles beautifully. It's however a bit tricky because it's a fast, sensitive supercar, but that isn't the same as poor handling.

I believe that when some people loose control, they blame the handling, and forget what speeds they travel at.

It's actually the same with real cars; inexperienced drivers do often find slow, cheap cars to be better than fast cars. The reason is that they on the racing/rally track are going much faster with the faster car. When they push the faster car too far, it's much trickier to handle. That's not poor handling on the car's part, it's poor driving.

I tried out the Super GT now, and it drove like a dream. Powerslided around corners, in between other cars, in between peds and poles, drifted around bends, and only lost control a few times when I ignored the laws of physics.
And this was the first time I drove the car. (I have of course tons of experience with other sports cars in the game.)

Super GT - not the best car, but very very good. icon14.gif

Addicted to san andreas
  • Addicted to san andreas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 05:10 PM

lol, you found it eh ? biggrin.gif

The quarry dumpers rear wheel drive is a pain as well, its grip is good, but its too sensative

Addicted to san andreas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 11:05 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Apr 14 2008, 15:07)

Is its handling poor? No. It handles beautifully. It's however a bit tricky because it's a fast, sensitive supercar, but that isn't the same as poor handling.

I believe that when some people loose control, they blame the handling, and forget what speeds they travel at.

It's actually the same with real cars; inexperienced drivers do often find slow, cheap cars to be better than fast cars. The reason is that they on the racing/rally track are going much faster with the faster car. When they push the faster car too far, it's much trickier to handle. That's not poor handling on the car's part, it's poor driving.

I tried out the Super GT now, and it drove like a dream. Powerslided around corners, in between other cars, in between peds and poles, drifted around bends, and only lost control a few times when I ignored the laws of physics.
And this was the first time I drove the car. (I have of course tons of experience with other sports cars in the game.)

Super GT - not the best car, but very very good.  icon14.gif

So your telling me, that all the about 5 people here who think the super Gt handles poorly is down to our bad driving, yet all the other supercars we find handle well , the turismo, the bullet, the banshee, the buffalo is down to our good driving ?
All the other cars don't push the limits like the super GT does ?

So the super GT we all drive badly, yet all the other supercars we drive good.

Sorry but thats just BS.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:04 PM

The reason why I hate the blade, the steering seems VERY Twitchy tounge2.gif

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:28 PM

QUOTE (Addicted to san andreas @ Apr 15 2008, 06:05)
QUOTE (OG Viking @ Apr 14 2008, 15:07)

So your telling me, that all the about 5 people here who think the super Gt handles poorly is down to our bad driving, yet all the other supercars we find handle well , the turismo, the bullet, the banshee, the buffalo is down to our good driving ?

Sorry but thats just BS.

With all respect, it's not BS.

The Super GT is difficult to drive, quite "nervous", but that's not same as poor handling. When you achieve the skill to drive it well, this becomes not so strange anymore.

This is my humble opinion.

golfhotelsierra
  • golfhotelsierra

HELICOPTER

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

(Addicted to san andreas @ Apr 15 2008, 06:05)
(OG Viking @ Apr 14 2008, 15:07)

Sorry but thats just BS.

The Super GT is difficult to drive, quite "nervous", but that's not same as poor handling. When you achieve the skill to drive it well, this becomes not so strange anymore.

I agree with OG Viking to some degree. With some practice, the Super GT is one of the better cars. It's only downside is its lack of strength and poor bullet resistance. It handles sensitively, like the Stunt Plane, but is very maneuverable once you practice.

But I still think the car sucks. Even though I said "[it] is one of the better cars", its sensitivity sometimes annoys me. Like when I get six stars and have a fat tank rolling my way, and I panic and crash the GT. The same way the Stunt Plane is good for sharp flying but bad for fighting Hydras.

MattC13
  • MattC13

lurklurklurklurklurk

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:05 AM

IDK really. I usually have a habit of blowing up cars, and switching so much that I'm ood with most.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 10:04 AM

Why do people say that the Perennial and Regina has bad handling? They are just excessivly terrible, slow cars, they dont have bad handling at all. Its rather good actually.
I believe the Super GT is just hard to handle, it doesnt particularly have bad handling.
Best handling would be Turismo.
Worst would be one of the lowriders (Not Blade or Remington)
Fastest=Infernus
Coolest=Turismo/Elegy/Sultan
Best drifter=Elegy

Addicted to san andreas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 April 2008 - 02:35 PM

I don't lilke the elegy, for me it looks weird, the slamvan has to be the coolest when modded
  • ten-a-penny likes this

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:07 PM

No one mention the Hotring Racer? I love that car, just too bad there's only one place to find it.

I have not really tested the handling of cars enough to rate them in a proper way, that would be quite difficult unless there was a way to spawn them and thest them all at once.

But I remember the Infernus as very good, sure it helps with 4WD. The Police car is one of my favorites because it's perfectly balanced and has very very good grip.

QUOTE (golfhotelsierra @ Apr 15 2008, 21:02)
(Addicted to san andreas @ Apr 15 2008, 06:05)
(OG Viking @ Apr 14 2008, 15:07)

Sorry but thats just BS.

I agree with OG Viking to some degree. With some practice, the Super GT is one of the better cars. It's only downside is its lack of strength and poor bullet resistance. It handles sensitively, like the Stunt Plane, but is very maneuverable once you practice.

But I still think the car sucks. Even though I said "[it] is one of the better cars", its sensitivity sometimes annoys me. Like when I get six stars and have a fat tank rolling my way, and I panic and crash the GT. The same way the Stunt Plane is good for sharp flying but bad for fighting Hydras.

About the Super GT, think of it as a jet fighter. They are not stable and a pilot can't control them without computer help. But this also gives the jet fighter superior maneuverability.
The Super GT could perhaps (almost) be compared to a jet fighter without computer guidance. tounge.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:02 AM

@OG Viking The Infernus is not 4WD, it is rear wheel drive. But i do agree, it does have great handling as it has a high torque and power balance. As does the
police car, but they are electronically balanced so they arent stock.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:10 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Apr 18 2008, 06:02)
@OG Viking The Infernus is not 4WD, it is rear wheel drive.

Are you sure it's not 4WD? I have tested, and I found it to be 4WD. I was very surprised because it's based on a Honda NSX which is RWD.
When I drive the Infernus, it most of the time feels somewhat like a RWD car.
(But the Bobcat feels even more like a RWD, and it is a 4WD.)

You can test many ways. Try to stop the Infernus and use the hand brake. You'll find that you can drive the car with the hand brake on, because the front wheels is driving.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:09 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Apr 19 2008, 12:10)
QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Apr 18 2008, 06:02)
@OG Viking The Infernus is not 4WD, it is rear wheel drive.

Are you sure it's not 4WD? I have tested, and I found it to be 4WD. I was very surprised because it's based on a Honda NSX which is RWD.
When I drive the Infernus, it most of the time feels somewhat like a RWD car.
(But the Bobcat feels even more like a RWD, and it is a 4WD.)

You can test many ways. Try to stop the Infernus and use the hand brake. You'll find that you can drive the car with the hand brake on, because the front wheels is driving.

Yea, i will have to try that sometime actually. I always have believed it to be a RWD, and yea it is based off an Acura NSX which is RWD. I have never really attempted to do that handbrake thing, i usually do it with a Sultan or Turismo but havnt tried with Infernus.
Thanks for bringing that up.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 19 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

I hate the way the Tornado drives for some reason. I feel as if it's twitchy (like the Blade) when turing. turn.gif

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 28 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

After playing the game for so many years, I have determined that the worst handling vehicle (ground) is the Patriot. For a truck designed with such a Wide wheel base it flips much too easily. A favoured example is in the "Robbing Uncle Sam" mission wherein it is easy to escape the pursuit by just waiting for them to tip and explode.

For those members who will panic because of the age of this topic... I see no reason to start a 'new' topic as, there’s nothing wrong with resurrecting an Olde Topic when you make a Substantial addition to it.

LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:59 AM

Although its the fastest bike in the game, i always found the NRG to handle like a piece of sh*t!
  • Jeansowaty likes this

iSanFrancisco
  • iSanFrancisco

San Fierro

• Members

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:59 AM

Cars Best: Bullet, Banshee, Phoenix, Premire
Worst: Super GT, Savanna, Stretch

Bikes Best: PCJ-600, Mountain Bike, BMX
Worst: BF-400, Bike

Planes/Helicopters Best: Shamal, Hydra, Maverick
Worst: Stunt Plane, News Chopper, Levathian
  • ten-a-penny likes this

AndyB 2708
  • AndyB 2708

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:49 PM

BEST CAR = GREENWOOD OR ADMIRAL
WORST CAR = SUPER GT OR CLOVER

ANDY.

RockStarNiko
  • RockStarNiko

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:52 PM Edited by RockStarNiko, 05 February 2012 - 06:55 PM.

I like most of the vehicles so far

BMX is my favourite probably lol

It is fast enough to get me around and very nimble being able to hop over walls and cars etc

I am not really a fan of the cars with hydraulics fitted because you lose the camera, they should have made the buttons separate, so I will never be using on of those vehicles outside of any missions that need doing

I did sneak over to Las Venturas by locking my wanted level the other day, just to try out some sports cars and stuff

Bullet, Infernus, Comet, Turismo etc all handled very nice

Super GT, I agree, AWFUL. To make it even worse, it is actually very slow compared to the other sports car as well. So its slow AND has awful handling. Will be avoiding that one

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:51 PM

I guess Forklift can't be considered as a car. But I think worst handling vehicle for whole game is Forklift. It might also be the slowest and least acceleration vehicle for whole game. If you ever drive it, you can see how poorly it is driving. It can't go even in a straight line and often change direction. If it's discarded, my best and worst vehicles are,

Cars:

Worst: Blade, Savanna, Super GT, Cheetah
Best: Taxi with Nitro, Banshee, Rancher, Flash

Motorbikes:

Worst: Freeway, NRG 500, Faggio
Best: HPV 1000, PCJ 600, FCR 900

Heavy Vehicles:

Worst: Mule, Boxville, Coach, Barracks OL
Best: Tanker, Rhino, Enforcer, Camper

Planes:

Worst: Stuntplane, Dodo, AT - 400
Best: Shamal, Hydra in jet mode

Helicopters:

Worst: Hydra in helicopter mode, Leviathan
Best: Maverick, Sea Sparrow, Sparrow

Boats:

Worst: Reefer, Marquis, Dinghy
Best: Jetmax, Squalo, Speeder

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:40 PM Edited by OG Viking, 20 August 2013 - 10:45 PM.

I have been driving Sweet's Greenwood a lot lately when I've exploited Los Sepulcros for going to 4-star territory. It goes straight into my list of worst handling vehicles. It isn't so bad as long as you drive on even road, but it behaves like a drunk crazy gymnast as soon as you hit a bump. The rear axle jumps up and you almost turn a somersault, often resulting in rolls and may stop with the wrong side up. And if the car don't turn a half somersault it probably spin out of control because the rear wheels have no contact with the ground. And you don't even need high speeds or big bumps to achieve suffer this. It also has poor grip so it'll continue to slide when the rear wheels lands.

So, on my list of worst handling cars:
Greenwood joins Savanna.

Best handling cars:
I want to add Voodoo to the previously mentioned cars. It's fast and has superb grip. It doesn't understeer, doesn't slide, doesn't jump too easily, and it will go wherever you point it.

Worst handling heavy vehicles:
All those that don't got suspension. Like Coach, Towtruck, Rumpo, Utility Van, Pony etc. They have in common that their driving wheels bounces too much and spend too much time airborne at even the slowest speeds. They don't handle small bumps like railroad tracks or sidewalks.

Best handling heavy vehicles:
Firetruck and Rhino.

QUOTE (Sucha84 @ Tuesday, Feb 7 2012, 17:51)
I guess Forklift can't be considered as a car. But I think worst handling vehicle for whole game is Forklift.

Heavy Vehicles:
Best: Tanker, Rhino, Enforcer, Camper

Forklift is hard to control, unless you drive in reverse. And it's light as paper which is my biggest complaint about it. Even small real forklifts are heavy.
Camper isn't a heavy vehicle, you probably meant Journey.

Riding shotgun
  • Riding shotgun

Burn till I cant burn no more

• Members

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:03 PM

The BUFFALO always stood out to me. what a great car. also the NRG 900 and sanchez. Other vehicles i loved were the monster truck, the lowriders, ranchers, quads, bmx and mtb, the vehicle you use in badlands A and B races, its like an upgraded BF injection.

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:25 AM

Cars. Best: Bullet (I've had no worries driving this one. Only big enjoyment).
Worst: Super GT, Savanna, Windsor - they should be fun rides, but because of the fact that they spin way too easily, they're here as the "worst".

Bikes. Best: NRG-500
Worst: Freeway - I thought that Wayfarer is the worst, but I was wrong. If you need to turn fast, then this wont please you.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

j7n
  • j7n

Buster

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:23 AM

Fast and good vehicles also handle well in my opinion.

Handling is often expressed as a vehicle's ability to not lose touch with the road surface while sustaining shocks. An example of this car of course is the Flash. But this car is not comfortable to drive, expecially with a keyboard. When I release the accelerator to steer, the engine sound stops immediately, and I feel somewhat that I'm usign a noclip cheat and the car has no weight. It has to have weight and momentum. Old cars usually are like that in this game, irrespective of their power.

Great cars: Infernus, Voodoo

The Infernus handles well and better than other sports cars. It also feels heavy. The woodoo deserves a special mention here because it's performance is surprisingly good and much better than other flat lowriders. The Voodoo has been upgraded since Vice City. It now has non-locking brakes which enable to stop without burning tires (in dry weather), and occasionally both brake and turn at the same time which few vehicles can do (tires will be burnt a little in this case). It can overtake on a highway over the 'bank' next to the tarmac and usualy doesn't spin on impact.

Poor cars: Super GT, Blade

I absolutely hate the Super GT because it has to be driven fast in two missions (races). It will spin out on steering or on any impact and usually settle down facing backwards. It also doesn't look durable. The blade with its wide shape can turn too fast. This applies to other vehicles that are not really cars: Kart, Quad (actually a bike). But I decided to make an example of the Blade to contrast it with better lowriders. With a keyboard I spend too much time steering back and forth to correct my direction, and as a result can't concentrate on driving and also destabilize the car. The Blade can't go over rough surfaces without spinning.

Great bikes: NRG-500, PCJ-600.

Both bikes are great, except their sound is cheap in this game. The NRG is fast. It can also turn quicker than any other bike. The old PCJ has again received an upgrade and deserves much praise. Just like the NRG, the PCJ has non locking brakes, which enable it to start and stop without burning tires, and turn while braking. That is invaluable when driving on anything but preset track and the player brakes too late. These bikes have better measurable performance than the more expensive and better sounding FCR.

Poor bikes: Wayfarer, Quad

The Freeway can turn alright when applying the 'handbrake' (I don't know why this works but it does), and at the same time the vehicle has good momentum and weight, which means handling at low speed in my dictionary. The Wayfarer looks plastic and has the same poor sound as the other bikes. The Wayfarer doesn't have any of the stunt capabilities. It can't jump, and when driven with a keyboard, its rear keeps rocking up and down.

I think the Quad is actually a bike, but has all the qualities of a wide, square shaped car, including, sensitive steering. In the one mission where a Quad had to be driven, I took a lot of time to bring a real car close. Because just like with the Super GT, I would never drive a Quad even if I was paid to (money is cheap in GTA). Unlike in physical world, where I've neever ridden 2 wheel vehicle.
  • ten-a-penny likes this

josepha916
  • josepha916

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:44 AM

Best cars: Flash, for the superb handling on high speed, and Hustler, just because it looks badass.
Worst cars: Super GT. City Slicking is a pain in the ***. And Savanna. I barely made it in High Stakes, Low Rider with that car. And I spent $15000 to mod it.
Best bikes: FCR-900. It sounds like that car Pulaski drove in the car chase mission. In other words, it sounds amazing. And Faggio. Although it's the slowest, but I never have to brake on turns.
Worst bikes: Wayfarer. Because it turns horribly wide, and you can't use the handbrake to turn it like Freeway does. And PCJ-600. I can't do wheelies on that bike. Maybe it's just me, though.
  • j7n and ten-a-penny like this

0casper0
  • 0casper0

Lets go bowling

• Members

Posted 06 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

Best car: Infernus It's the fastest and best handling for me.

Worst car: Banshee, or Super GT. They always slip out of hand.

Best bike: NRG-500 and FCR-900!

Worst bike: PCJ-600, it's slow, and you crash on it more easily than on the others...

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Thug

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:13 AM

Handling is often expressed as a vehicle's ability to not lose touch with the road surface while sustaining shocks.

If handling is something else, then what is it? Maybe it's another word than handling I'm looking for, but I don't know what it is.

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

the quad/ATV better not even to talk about it :sui: TOO DAMN HARD! :devil: the only good thing about it is just about the fact that if you entered the cars fly cheat, you can actually fly with it

nothing as the best car handling yet...

DanRO
  • DanRO

Don`t do drugs kids

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:54 PM

All lowriders sucks

Best cars would be Bloodring,Hotring,Sabre and Bullet

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users