» «
Photo

WTC in GTA 3

38 replies to this topic
joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:19 AM Edited by joelzaar, 18 April 2008 - 04:02 AM.

I want to make the world trade center to gta 3 iv got dff's and txd's from VC but dont know where to begin i need a crew plz help with the project.Send me an email if u want 2 help.

[email protected]

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 March 2008 - 06:30 AM

Hey dude, this is the wrong forum. Post your request here instead smile.gif .

Andrew
  • Andrew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 26 March 2008 - 01:29 PM

Aye wrong forum, moved to edition discussion -> maps.

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 10:59 AM

Still looking for a crew this isnt hard i think for experienced modders so reply to my email as i dont want this topic to die [email protected]

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

99 out of 100 of us are not going to help you put a stupid WTC into a game it doesn't even fit in, let alone the moral reasons. Beat it.

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 07:06 PM

i would help

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:25 PM

Ok, 1 out of 4 would help monocle.gif

Supra4
  • Supra4

Sniffing nitrous and moving sideways

• Members

Posted 30 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

1 out of 5. Same moral reasons. There's no point in putting the WTC in a GTA game, or any game for that matter.

2,998 people lost their lives there during the impact, the fire or the collapse of the WTC. IMO putting the twin towers ingame shows utter disrespect for those people. It isn't something you just joke about and put them in a game, especially if that game is all about killing people in the first place.

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 March 2008 - 09:30 PM

Agreed, if we can change "Game" to "Mod for a GTA game". Meaning; WTC would be an excellent game, if done correctly. Not necessarily "politically correctly", but in a tasteful, artful manner. It would be powerful. You wouldn't be able to justify marketing it by any traditional means of marketing a game these days, and you certainly would not be able to play as the "terrorists", but "when this is all over" I'd be all for a Call Of Duty based on that being the call. They've made movies about it, and in my book, if it has been allowed in a movie, or even a book for that matter, it should be allowed in a game. If we're speaking allowance, because in my book, censorship is crooked and it's not what we say, it's how we inform the people we say it to. So, in the question of converting an already tasteless mod (Whoever made that puts it in an 80's Miami inspired locale? Not Liberty? Nothing else from NY or Philly that Liberty City didn't have? There's already something about that mod that screams disrespect, let alone... Why else would someone want to download WTC, alone, for VC?) is, as you said Supes, utterly disrespectful. 1 out of 5. Cheers.

But I do hope to see a game based on this war and the covert stuff leading up to it in like ten years. Where you're playing in a secret or stealth world, right out in the open (I use the term lightly, I'm not talking like splinter cell or manhunt) and then midway through the game it goes public on that day and everything changes. Done in a tasteful and powerful way. The reason it is hard to do modern warfare games is because it's hard to feed a player missions in a world that is irrelevant to him. Old wars make for good military gaming because it's all relevant from learning history and town fairs where you get to play in the tank and look at the Spitfire. 60 years ago we'd have said No! No Pearl Harbor movie/game! We've gotten numerous movies from 9/11 already, this is due to the very vast learning and very fast spread of information in society today. Things are "old news" sooner than they used to be. I'd expect a game for this, probably under the America's Army branding, that will benefit the veterans of this war, sooner than it took in relation to getting a Pearl Harbor flick. Which was probably a hint from Hollywood that the whole sh*t is an inside job. But that's another story.

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 April 2008 - 07:19 AM

I dont intend to use it in poor taste or a joke only as a memorial so do email for project information [email protected] also add me if u want to talk live

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (derty @ Mar 30 2008, 21:30)
Agreed, if we can change "Game" to "Mod for a GTA game". Meaning; WTC would be an excellent game, if done correctly. Not necessarily "politically correctly", but in a tasteful, artful manner. It would be powerful. You wouldn't be able to justify marketing it by any traditional means of marketing a game these days, and you certainly would not be able to play as the "terrorists", but "when this is all over" I'd be all for a Call Of Duty based on that being the call. They've made movies about it, and in my book, if it has been allowed in a movie, or even a book for that matter, it should be allowed in a game. If we're speaking allowance, because in my book, censorship is crooked and it's not what we say, it's how we inform the people we say it to. So, in the question of converting an already tasteless mod (Whoever made that puts it in an 80's Miami inspired locale? Not Liberty? Nothing else from NY or Philly that Liberty City didn't have? There's already something about that mod that screams disrespect, let alone... Why else would someone want to download WTC, alone, for VC?) is, as you said Supes, utterly disrespectful. 1 out of 5. Cheers.

But I do hope to see a game based on this war and the covert stuff leading up to it in like ten years. Where you're playing in a secret or stealth world, right out in the open (I use the term lightly, I'm not talking like splinter cell or manhunt) and then midway through the game it goes public on that day and everything changes. Done in a tasteful and powerful way. The reason it is hard to do modern warfare games is because it's hard to feed a player missions in a world that is irrelevant to him. Old wars make for good military gaming because it's all relevant from learning history and town fairs where you get to play in the tank and look at the Spitfire. 60 years ago we'd have said No! No Pearl Harbor movie/game! We've gotten numerous movies from 9/11 already, this is due to the very vast learning and very fast spread of information in society today. Things are "old news" sooner than they used to be. I'd expect a game for this, probably under the America's Army branding, that will benefit the veterans of this war, sooner than it took in relation to getting a Pearl Harbor flick. Which was probably a hint from Hollywood that the whole sh*t is an inside job. But that's another story.

Ahh, I remember that game.
It was called "Survivor" and was canceled because it had the main character trying to escape from famous catastrophes, such as WTC.

I'd say 1 to 4.

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:46 AM

thanks ViceDiaz for wanting to help. feel free to email me along with anyone else progress so far is not as good as i would have hoped there is only the txd's and dff's and they are set up for vice city which i dont know how to fix i would like to get this started soon [email protected] also if some of you are unhapy about this feel free to lock or complain about this topic

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:17 AM

QUOTE (joelzaar @ Apr 4 2008, 19:46)
thanks ViceDiaz for wanting to help. feel free to email me along with anyone else progress so far is not as good as i would have hoped there is only the txd's and dff's and they are set up for vice city which i dont know how to fix i would like to get this started soon [email protected] also if some of you are unhapy about this feel free to lock or complain about this topic

theres a mod for Vice City called ultimate Vice City.It features reallife cars,and The WTC. You should check it out.

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Supra4 @ Mar 30 2008, 15:37)
1 out of 5. Same moral reasons. There's no point in putting the WTC in a GTA game, or any game for that matter.

2,998 people lost their lives there during the impact, the fire or the collapse of the WTC. IMO putting the twin towers ingame shows utter disrespect for those people. It isn't something you just joke about and put them in a game, especially if that game is all about killing people in the first place.

i understand wat your saying.i lost someone inthere,but i won't use it as an excuse.The World Trade Center was symbolizied as world peace through international trade,and for world patriotism-Minoru Yamaksi(WTC Master Designer)

Liberty City Should Have the World Trade Center in it.It shows patriotism,but don't do stupid stuff to it like try to blow it like wat people are role playing on youtube with The WTC In San Andreas.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 05 April 2008 - 03:49 AM

Agreed. Even some scums did this for SA using SALC and crashed a 747 into it suicidal.gif

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 April 2008 - 04:06 AM

thats awful that someone would fly planes into it in SA i assure all of you i dont want anything like that to happen, also you can bearly fly the dodo so i would put it in an area that you could not fly through like near the callahan bridge.thanks for being intrested in this and not dissmissing it because its in liberty city. email me for info pictures or the files [email protected]

also that guy on youtube very poor taste indeed

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2008 - 12:02 AM

Iv started work by myself on converting the textures but when theyre added it pauses at the load screen, i think its because of the limits or im doing something wrong, can anyone help or join up for this. it might be because of the polygons or something else. Also ViceDiaz it would be great if you helped [email protected]

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2008 - 03:47 AM

Ladies and gents iv done the WTC in GTA 3 avaliable right here Filefront.com theres no COL for it its not physicaly there also u have to be upclose to see its at the staunton side of the callahan bridge where those two buildings are enjoy!!

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 April 2008 - 10:16 AM

Im sorry everyone i put the wrong link in here's the real one www.filefront.com just click download and thats it sorry for any confusion have fun!!!

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:13 AM

Next step is to make some of it physical not all of it cus someone might be able to fly into it so i'll get started soon anyone want to help?

Mag-got
  • Mag-got

I'm so cool

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:58 PM

Export the model into a *.3ds file, add it in Steve-m's collision file editor and save as version 1 col.

5 posts in a row, congratulations

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2008 - 09:44 AM

Umm can you do it for me im no good at collision files i can edit but cant make cols it would be much appreciated thanks

stevenjeter1
  • stevenjeter1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (Supra4 @ Mar 30 2008, 20:37)

smile.gif I say that you should put it in its there to memorize those thousands of people who perished in the attack.
so if you put it in it would be a memorial to remember those people.

Mag-got
  • Mag-got

I'm so cool

• Members

Posted 11 April 2008 - 06:14 PM Edited by Mag-got, 11 April 2008 - 06:19 PM.

QUOTE (joelzaar @ Apr 8 2008, 09:44)
Umm can you do it for me im no good at collision files i can edit but cant make cols it would be much appreciated thanks

Yeah sure. So the WTC into a *.col file? No optimizing, just right into a collision model? Then I can do it, hope the model isn't too big for collision (then you would have to chop it up).

EDIT: Ok, looked at the picture and it's too big for collision. So then yeah I can also fulfill your wish about making it non crash-able. If you would want to make it all solid, you would have to chop the *.dff too. But hey I don't have GTA 3 so can you give a link to the model, not the install turn.gif

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 12:50 AM Edited by joelzaar, 18 April 2008 - 03:59 AM.

Actually on the first page it says i will make it a memorial and i wont make a .COL for it as some people have managed to fly the dodo so its not a good idea.

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 April 2008 - 02:02 AM

what? man, replace with box... etc. I really don't support the mod. WTC never was a part of Liberty City, and too many thngs have not went hand in hand with respect to relation with the two categories at hand; GTA and WTC. But who am I to be judge?

In which case; how Tall (in units or meters) is this model? I had the WTC in VC. I wanted to see the scale having never been to that district before the happenings. Therein of itself shows that there are as many (or Very easily more) good reasons as bad ones to want this mod; since there's really only one f*cked up reason, and my reason was one of plenty of reasons.

In your case, maybe you just want a more complete new yorker experience, it's not my concern. However, this platform is, and in which case, if the previous posts were all regarding a polycount, please don't forget the various optimization functionalities found in coleditorII. Especially those with regard to triangle reduction. You can do this; and most likely, if you are savvy, you can laugh at col limits.

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 07:27 AM

For everyone interested. The WTC buildings are going to be re-textured soon to better match the real life one's.Also i am not ever going to make a COl file because it just says trouble.It should be done in 2-3 weeks.

PuffMac
  • PuffMac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 02:59 PM

Dammit guys this is pathetic! Wth is wrong with putting 2 buildings into a game!? Stop acting like heros and get over yourself! I have placed to WTC towers into my SA because I admired the two towers. I wanted to visit them but sadly I can't because of 9/11, what is the problem with me and others alike just having an interest in putting the two buildings into a game.

And, no I'm not an al quaeda suporter or anything like that I'm 13 from Scotland.

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 06:51 PM

Big words for such a short sh*t sly.gif . You were, what, 4 years old when it happened? It's nothing more than a star wars footage excerpt to you lol. I don't imagine you'd understand in this case; either way, read further than you did. kk.

PuffMac
  • PuffMac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (derty @ Apr 17 2008, 18:51)
Big words for such a short sh*t sly.gif . You were, what, 4 years old when it happened? It's nothing more than a star wars footage excerpt to you lol. I don't imagine you'd understand in this case; either way, read further than you did. kk.

No I wasn't 4 and this subjects deeply intrests me too so stop acting the prick just because I'm 13 doesn't make me a retard and doesn't mean I don't know what the f*ck goes on!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users