Photo

Upper class areas in NY / LC?

8 replies to this topic
deXtroid101
  • deXtroid101

The Second Coming

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:50 PM

Hey!! Around New York, where are the "rich people areas"? You know where people drive fancy cars and they live in big houses with swimming pools (do tehy have swimming pools in NY)... how will those areas look like in GTA IV? i mean i'm sure that NY doesn't have houses like in the LA area... so how does a fancy neighborhood look like in NY/LC?

Silent-Hill
  • Silent-Hill

"i had a lot to drink but i'm straight sober"

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:54 PM

QUOTE (deXtroid101 @ Mar 23 2008, 13:50)
Hey!! Around New York, where are the "rich people areas"? You know where people drive fancy cars and they live in big houses with swimming pools (do tehy have swimming pools in NY)... how will those areas look like in GTA IV? i mean i'm sure that NY doesn't have houses like in the LA area... so how does a fancy neighborhood look like in NY/LC?

I haven't seen those in NYC,maybe there are areas like those in other cities in NY but not in NYC.

I don't live in NY so i can't confirm that.

DietSprunk
  • DietSprunk

Burger Shot Trainee

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:55 PM

I guess parts of Algonquin could be considered upper class. But no mansions, just big luxary apartment buildings.

Metalhead4
  • Metalhead4

I eat green berets for breakfast

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:57 PM

I imagine there will be some part of the game that looks like the suburb area of Las Venturas, not identical, but the same kind of outline. Houses on the outskirts of the boroughs. But overall from what i've seen in movies and shows of NYC, most looks like condos, apartments, or houses like in Spider Man and King of Queens.

D1RTYŽ
  • D1RTYŽ

• D1RTY12
  • Saint-Vincent-and-the-Grenadines

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:10 PM

I think there might be rich people areas with nice houses and all in Alderney with lots of houses and in algonquin it is most likely to be apartments.

Gomack
  • Gomack

Busta

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:13 PM

Most mansions/upscale areas would be in Alderny.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:19 PM

Condos of the super-rich would border Middle Park.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Interlude With Ludes

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:22 PM

I'd say that you would mostly find upscale places in Manhattan. Upper East Side, Park Avenue, etc. but they'd all be apartments and penthouses. While in GTA IV, Broker and Dukes will be more or less middle to low income boroughs, in reality Brooklyn and Queens have some pretty nice neighborhoods. I read that Heath Ledger (the actor that died in January - quite famous) had a brownstone apartment in Brooklyn a few years ago. Long Island is also a place where you can find a lot of nice houses and mansions, but obviously Long Island isn't in the game. There's also Staten Island, but that's also not in the game. So Alderney (New Jersey) will more than likely be home to most of Liberty City's nicer homes.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:28 PM

Around Manhattan, and Long Island, I suppose. Not the Bronx and Queens, for sure. Or Harlem. Unsure about Staten Island

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users