Photo

Francis International Airport

32 replies to this topic
kevinm07
  • kevinm07

Grand Theft Auto: Dublin

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:33 AM

why is the airport (Francis International Airport) in GTA IV?? Planes arent flyable and Rockstar said there would be no wasted or irrelevent space...it would probably be a good place to explore and the terminal could be filled with stores and other things...what do u think?

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:40 AM

Err... helicopters? dozingoff.gif
Besides, R* said you'll be able to see planes take off and land, which adds to the whole realism thing. Plus, a city with the detail of Liberty City would look silly without an airport.

jonny_zoo
  • jonny_zoo

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:40 AM

That sounds good to me, the airport would be used to fill in the atmosphere of the game, like in vice city.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:41 AM

What was the airport for in Vice City?
Edit: No, I'm not asking Johnny_Zoo anything.

OptimumPx
  • OptimumPx

Basket Case

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:41 AM

I'm certain it will have uses....like a location for helicopters and missions.

I'm personally hoping for a mission based off of the Lufthansa Heist, as talked about in the movie Goodfellas.

Zack3010
  • Zack3010

GTA IV

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:43 AM Edited by Zack3010, 23 March 2008 - 01:45 AM.

R* said that commercial planes will fly in and out. Even though it hasn't been mentioned by R* or confirmed I think there will be missions involving the airport also. It would be more useful as a heli-port than anything else, and as for shop and/or resturants no one knows yet but it would be something new to GTA. turn.gif

Edit: Got beat to it confused.gif

Calum
  • Calum

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:44 AM

The realism it will bring to the game will be immense. It wouldn't seem right without Airplanes and Helicopters flying over you !

JayRage
  • JayRage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:45 AM

If there was any building to be accessible in GTAIV, it should definitely be the whole FIA. Plus, the airport (mostly the runways) is like central ground for Hangman's NOOSE. I'm sure the airport will hold surprises...like secret garages and cool looking planes. Also, the moving planes are sort of interactable with. Don't forget about the baggage handlers. I'm hoping the inside of the airport is huge..and full of diversity and tons of moving people...it would make way for a great sniper mission (hopefully greater than that one back in Vice City). It's important that Liberty City isn't the only thing going on in the world...and FIA helps us remember that.

And don't worry about wasted space...stunts..shootings..races..chases, are all probably in store for us with the runways. I'm thinking that a military base may lie WITHIN the airport somewhere...now that tanks and an effective military are confirmed. That'll be fun, right? colgate.gif

jonny_zoo
  • jonny_zoo

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Mar 23 2008, 02:41)

What the F*** is up with you?
The airport in vice city was the escobar international I think.

Calum
  • Calum

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:47 AM

QUOTE (JayRage @ Mar 23 2008, 01:45)
If there was any building to be accessible in GTAIV, it should definitely be the whole FIA. Plus, the airport (mostly the runways) is like central ground for Hangman's NOOSE. I'm sure the airport will hold surprises...like secret garages and cool looking planes. Also, the moving planes are sort of interactable with. Don't forget about the baggage handlers. I'm hoping the inside of the airport is huge..and full of diversity and tons of moving people...it would make way for a great sniper mission (hopefully greater than that one back in Vice City). It's important that Liberty City isn't the only thing going on in the world...and FIA helps us remember that.

And don't worry about wasted space...stunts..shootings..races..chases, are all probably in store for us with the runways. I'm thinking that a military base may lie WITHIN the airport somewhere...now that tanks and an effective military are confirmed. That'll be fun, right? colgate.gif

Ah yes, thanks for that reminder! I'm more glad it's in now smile.gif

kevinm07
  • kevinm07

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:47 AM Edited by kevinm07, 23 March 2008 - 02:20 AM.

QUOTE (Mad Tony @ Mar 23 2008, 01:40)
Plus, a city with the detail of Liberty City would look silly without an airport.

I'm personally hoping for a mission based off of the Lufthansa Heist, as talked about in the movie Goodfellas.

yeh ur right it wouldnt look good without an airport...

I hope a heist like that would be in but as its "rags to slightly better rags" in terms of storyline it may be too big of a heist...

Silent-Hill
  • Silent-Hill

"i had a lot to drink but i'm straight sober"

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:50 AM

I read in a preview that illegal car races take place in that airport. I could be wrong though. Someone back me up.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:51 AM

Forgive me for sounding like a non New York'er, but I'm not from New York, never been there, my question is: Is Francis intl. thier version of JFK? And will it be made to resemble JFK, or will it just be any old airport just for the sake of making an airport? (I know they are making it because no major city/island would be without one, and because we will see planes flying and landing.)

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:53 AM

I wonder if you can shoot down the planes that take off from the airport. Hm that would be a fun mission actually.

You chase someone to the airport, they get in a private lear jet and take off, you pull infront of it, whip out a stinger and fire at it. It gets hit and goes down into the ocean.

Silent-Hill
  • Silent-Hill

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (the nameless @ Mar 23 2008, 01:51)
Forgive me for sounding like a non New York'er, but I'm not from New York, never been there, my question is: Is Francis intl. thier version of JFK? And will it be made to resemble JFK, or will it just be any old airport just for the sake of making an airport? (I know they are making it because no major city/island would be without one, and because we will see planes flying and landing.)

FII is based on JFK.

OptimumPx
  • OptimumPx

Basket Case

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

It looks exactly like JFK.
user posted imageuser posted image

kevinm07
  • kevinm07

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:54 AM

it will closely resemble JFK, i think confused.gif

JayRage
  • JayRage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:55 AM

Forgive me for sounding like a non New York'er, but I'm not from New York, never been there, my question is:  Is Francis intl. thier version of JFK?  And will it be made to resemble JFK, or will it just be any old airport just for the sake of making an airport?  (I know they are making it because no major city/island would be without one, and because we will see planes flying and landing.)

Judging by the Weazel News screen of it, it's probably going to resemble the vast JFK airport..plus FIA is in Dukes. JFK is in Queens.

FIA in GTAIII was in Shoreside Vale. Even though it had the same name, it copied the Newark airport in New Jersey. It wasn't even that great of a copy; I think it had some LAX mixed in.

FIA definitely won't disappoint, I've been living on Long Island for years and I find new surprises at JFK each time I visit. tounge.gif

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:56 AM

QUOTE (jonny_zoo @ Mar 23 2008, 01:46)

Hey, I'm just saying I did not notice your post right above mine. So it would be:

That sounds good to me, the airport would be used to fill in the atmosphere of the game, like in vice city.

I was referring to the fact that there were no pilotable planes in Escobar International in VC.

alb-mac
  • alb-mac

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:57 AM

I hope the commercial planes are big and we can damage them!!...When I'm playing, I'll be staying at the airport, just staring at the airplanes; I'm fascinated! lol

Also, I saw a Boeing 747 in one of the screens from GTA IV and it seems they are going to be in? They are massive! I hope they are very detailed.

jonny_zoo
  • jonny_zoo

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Mar 23 2008, 02:56)
QUOTE (jonny_zoo @ Mar 23 2008, 01:46)

Hey, I'm just saying I did not notice your post right above mine. So it would be:

I was referring to the fact that there were no pilotable planes in Escobar International in VC.

Ohh, yeah thats correct, I thought you were offending me which it turns out you wern't. sigh.gif

kevinm07
  • kevinm07

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:59 AM

has there been anything mentioned about Francis Intl. having more than one terminal..JFK has around seven or somethin.....

macorules94
  • macorules94

MACEDONIAN KING

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:00 AM

QUOTE (alb-mac @ Mar 23 2008, 01:57)
I hope the commercial planes are big and we can damage them!!...When I'm playing, I'll be staying at the airport, just staring at the airplanes; I'm fascinated! lol

Also, I saw a Boeing 747 in one of the screens from GTA IV and it seems they are going to be in? They are massive! I hope they are very detailed.

which screen did u see a boeing 747 in??

JayRage
  • JayRage

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (macorules94 @ Mar 23 2008, 02:00)

They did mention riding alongside a jumbo jet in one of the mags.

OptimumPx
  • OptimumPx

Basket Case

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (macorules94 @ Mar 23 2008, 02:00)

user posted image

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:08 AM

Anyone have any ideas as to what the animation will be like for attempting to get in a plane?

CJ, would heave at the planes invisible door handle in san an, and would get no-where. I personally would rather Niko didn't even move when you press triangle(assuming it's still triangle to jack cars.) rather than attempt to open the door.

HERDIST
  • HERDIST

Brave New World

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (GTA4.net)

Edge Magazine has a new 16-page article on the Grand Theft Auto series, with a large chunk of it devoted to GTA IV...

#  Jets and planes fly through the airport, and have visible pilots inside them. The tester drove alongside a jet, only to have a 4-star wanted level appear!

Maybe we can use jets to fly around? Maybe?..

Silent-Hill
  • Silent-Hill

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:12 AM

QUOTE (the nameless @ Mar 23 2008, 02:08)
Anyone have any ideas as to what the animation will be like for attempting to get in a plane?

CJ, would heave at the planes invisible door handle in san an, and would get no-where.  I personally would rather Niko didn't even move when you press triangle(assuming it's still triangle to jack cars.) rather than attempt to open the door.

You can't fly planes so you don't have to worry about that.

the nameless
  • the nameless

R*

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Silent-Hill @ Mar 23 2008, 02:12)

CJ, would heave at the planes invisible door handle in san an, and would get no-where.  I personally would rather Niko didn't even move when you press triangle(assuming it's still triangle to jack cars.) rather than attempt to open the door.

there are no planes so you don't have to worry about that.

Oh, I thought we would have planes in the airport, just not be able to fly them, as in III and VC.

Silent-Hill
  • Silent-Hill

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (the nameless @ Mar 23 2008, 02:13)
QUOTE (Silent-Hill @ Mar 23 2008, 02:12)

there are no planes so you don't have to worry about that.

Oh, I thought we would have planes in the airport, just not be able to fly them, as in III and VC.

That's what i meant. Edited my post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users