Photo

sleeping in GTA

81 replies to this topic
~>>TsingTao<<~
  • ~>>TsingTao<<~

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Mar 21 2008, 00:39)
i have a feeling sleeping will be in gta4

i saw a coffee machine in one of the screenshots; maybe there are ways to stay up longer

it was in bully, and it will be in grand theft auto

ITS NOT REALISTIC TO STAY UP 20000000000 hours a day
i dont think you will have to go to bed every day, just only once every thirty hours

by sleep, i'm not talking about niko, im talking about the person playing the game

This aint no stupid kiddish sim's game.
That's gotta be one of the stupidist idea's ive heard so far on this site. icon13.gif

Death_Blade
  • Death_Blade

[LCG] for the Win.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yeaaah.......

When you save a game, it skips ahead like, 8 hours. If you save during the day, when you go back out its usually night time. When you save, it simulates sleep.

You people are taking "realism" waaaay to seriously. Come on, its a video game ok, It's NEVER EVER going to be able simulate every single little aspect of real life like you expect it to. Seriously, who wants to spend 6 to 8 minutes in the game litterally doing nothing. watching your character sleep would be an extremely idiotic idea. If you really want sleep, go to romans apartment and stand on the bed for 8 minutes.

mac915
  • mac915

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:59 PM

The save functions as enough of a sleep feature for me. And saying it should be there because its realistic is not a good argument. It's not realistic to eat food all day and not have to take a dump. It's not realistic to have shoot outs with the police and either walk out of jail or the hospital the next day. It's not realistic to pull a rocket launcher out of your a$$. Adding those things in the game would take away the fun.

Like someone said with the example of Bully, it slows down the game. Also, some missions in the GTA series have taken place at night. If sleeping is in what are we going to do, not do it because its past Niko's bedtime?

Vercetti21
  • Vercetti21

V21

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 21 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

Ah, another way to ruin the beauty of GTA gameplay and take another step into the "useless" aspect of realism.

I don't want this game to become The Sims, and I doubt sleep will be required unless you want to save your game or something.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012
    Topic of the Year 2011 "GTA V Screenshot Fun"

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:01 PM

QUOTE (Death_Blade @ Mar 21 2008, 16:13)
Yeaaah.......

When you save a game, it skips ahead like, 8 hours. If you save during the day, when you go back out its usually night time. When you save, it simulates sleep.

You people are taking "realism" waaaay to seriously. Come on, its a video game ok, It's NEVER EVER going to be able simulate every single little aspect of real life like you expect it to. Seriously, who wants to spend 6 to 8 minutes in the game litterally doing nothing. watching your character sleep would be an extremely idiotic idea. If you really want sleep, go to romans apartment and stand on the bed for 8 minutes.

i'm not talking about waiting three minutes for niko to sleep

that would be stupid

i'm just staying that wen you save the game... you'll have to jump into a bed

Killerbee103
  • Killerbee103

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:04 PM

Sims...*sigh* icon13.gif
Why would you wanna sleep? confused.gif

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

i saw a coffee machine in one of the screenshots; maybe there are ways to stay up longer

i dont think you will have to go to bed every day, just only once every thirty hours

by sleep, i'm not talking about niko, im talking about the person playing the game

Nice, But GTA you always "Slept unseen" when you save it.
If it is in there in a more relaxed way than bully it wont be a problem to me at all (I liked the realism of bully and I think Bully will be the closest game to GTA 4 to date (for realism).
Even if it's as strict as bully I wont be to bothered, just mildly irritated.

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:06 PM

QUOTE (Killerbee103 @ Mar 21 2008, 18:04)
Sims...*sigh* icon13.gif
Why would you wanna sleep? confused.gif

ITS NOT THE SIMS

i'm just telling u its in the game

Killerbee103
  • Killerbee103

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:09 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Mar 21 2008, 18:06)
QUOTE (Killerbee103 @ Mar 21 2008, 18:04)
Sims...*sigh*  icon13.gif
Why would you wanna sleep?  confused.gif

ITS NOT THE SIMS

i'm just telling u its in the game

Yeah...right.
But why do you wan't to sleep in 3d?
For LoL, go sleep for yourself. And then tomorrow, you steal a car and get chased by cops, and get arrested. Then you're going to prison, and THEN we don't have you in the forums anymore. ''Yay'' we say, and we're all happy.

End of story.

RONIN1191
  • RONIN1191

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 06:16 PM

I think it'll be like it was in previous installments- when you save at your safehouse time advances 6 hours. Maybe it'll be 8 but how many criminals you know get a full 8 every day? LOL

AdamDW
  • AdamDW

Welcome to BurgerShot Muuuuufu*kaa!

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:27 PM

didnt realise there were 20000000000 hours in a day....

sigh.gif

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (AdamDW @ Mar 22 2008, 16:27)
didnt realise there were 20000000000 hours in a day....

sigh.gif

there are

Lance_Vance_Dance2
  • Lance_Vance_Dance2

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:49 PM

Lol has anyone else picked up on this yet? I didnt want to read three pages of posts to find out.

Scaryow
  • Scaryow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:59 PM

maybe it would be an option to regain health, but i don't think you'll be forced to sleep or lose health when you don't.
we will see...

samor
  • samor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:02 PM Edited by samor, 22 March 2008 - 06:11 PM.

Yeah if you play the game for too long it will pause itself until you get some shut eye - the console monitors your sleep by using a device that clips onto your finger and measures your heart beat. If after a few hours you try to play the game without proper sleep you can play it but everything will be a blur.

This must have been what Houser was talking about in the previews when he said he really connects with the character of Niko.

These ideas just get better and better, some of us should get jobs at Rockstar - I hope Houser is watching this post - I really think I'm in if he is.

Scaryow
  • Scaryow

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (samor @ Mar 22 2008, 19:02)
Yeah if you play the game for too long it will pause itself until you get some shut eye - the console monitors your sleep by using a device that clips onto your finger and measures your heart beat. If after a few hours you try to play the game without proper sleep you can play it but everything will be a blur.

This must have been what Houser was talking about in the previews when he said he really connects with the character of Niko.

These ideas just get better and better, some of us should get jobs at Rockstar - I hope Houser is watching this post - I really think I'm in if he is.

you forgot this sarcasm.gif cookie.gif

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:52 PM

in the game, if nikko does not get any sleep... he will fall on the ground and start sleeping. in the morning, when he wakes up, nikko's money will be stolen and his pants will be gone. he might have some pain between his gluteus maximuses too.

so if your in a helicopter, and nikko becomes tired, you actually see nikko falling to the ground
and it says "wasted... you should of gotten sum sleep son"

1066ant
  • 1066ant

Things 'n stuff...

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Mar 22 2008, 18:52)
in the game, if nikko does not get any sleep... he will fall on the ground and start sleeping. in the morning, when he wakes up, nikko's money will be stolen and his pants will be gone. he might have some pain between his gluteus maximuses too.

so if your in a helicopter, and nikko becomes tired, you actually see nikko falling to the ground
and it says "wasted... you should of gotten sum sleep son"

Ok this theory had gotten out of hand, I don't want some ass raped Niko waking up in the middle of a street. sarcasm.gif
Or seeing him driving in to stuff because "he got a bit sleepy". suicidal.gif

Fealiks
  • Fealiks

What's with these homies dissin' my girl?

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

Haha

If that wasn't a joke... dontgetit.gif sorry

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:12 PM

I'll be fine if sleep is not required. If it is, the game will suck.

Autopilot
  • Autopilot

Broke

• Members
  • Iceland

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (Death_Blade @ Mar 21 2008, 16:13)
Yeaaah.......

Amen to that ^^

Dackiiweed
  • Dackiiweed

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Mar 22 2008, 19:12)
I'll be fine if sleep is not required. If it is, the game will suck.

No, not really, it could be a good way to go refresh not only Niko, but yourself aswell. I mean, why hes sleeping/resting, go get a refill, go get some food, saves pausing the game & possibly burning the imagine onto the TV when the LCD or whatever type of screen you got gets hot wink.gif

And no im not saying "I WANT TO BE ABLE TO SLEEP IN IV"...just stating a fact.

GamerShotgun
  • GamerShotgun

The main protagonist.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:21 PM

OMFG... I can't imagine Niko sleeping while crashing through a vehicle's windshield... That would be dumb and useless..

stop_hammertime
  • stop_hammertime

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:22 PM

Why is everyone thinking anything thing realistic Niko does is gona be like the sims. Your not spending the whole time in a house you've built playing with little sh*ting puppies ok? This is R* not EA. If they make anything like sleeping in the game, it'll be nothing like the when the sims sleep. You wont have to spend 30 mins watching Niko sleep while he thinks about rainbows and flying kites. R* has a lot of things up there sleeves and we'll definitely be satisfied whether sleeping is in or not.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:27 PM

Why, oh, why would you like to watch him sleep for a good - 7x48=336 - 336 minutes? Are you perverted? Play the f*cking game. We don't wanna watch him sleep for 5.6 hours.

To explain my calculations: 7 is the amount of sleep - in hours - I assume that Niko needs. Since one in-game hour equals 48 minutes you get 7x48, which adds up to 336. 336 minutes is the RL amount of time we'd have to watch him sleep. 336 mins = 5.6 hrs.

samor
  • samor

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:18 PM

I wonder if Niko wakes up in the middle of the night for a quick tug?

Ediblez
  • Ediblez

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 09:42 PM

nikos not f*ckin 15 dude grown adults can physically stay awake days and months even years sometimes insomnia and other disorders pervent people from sleeping "The Machinist"-----good movie look it up sneaky2.gif

anyway dude to anwser whatever the hell your talking about... no dude haha thats just stupid no one will need to sleep in gta

grope_4_that_date
  • grope_4_that_date

Future Moderator

• Members
  • None
  • Best Fan Art 2012
    Most Improved 2012

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

you dont actually watch nikko sleep... it would just show nikko falling asleep, saving the game and then waking up

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:21 PM

lol, 20000000000 hours a day... sarcasm.gif

Hope it won't be in and i doubt it will... this is not bully, and he probably sleeps everytime he gets busted and wasted so... he takes a nap now and then turn.gif

Coffee machine doesnt mean that it will be the way to stay up longer imagine during a mission...

You're driving to finish the mission then you starts to loose control of your vehicle. Niko's falling to sleep wow.gif
then you'll have to take a nap or get coffee rolleyes.gif

Time goes and mission failed... Get some sleep bitch.

DietSprunk
  • DietSprunk

Burger Shot Trainee

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:25 PM

Maybe Niko could score some Spank to make him stay awake longer.

As for the coffee shop....what ever happened to TarBrush Coffee from III?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users