119 replies to this topic
Petya_
  • Petya_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:39 PM

San Andreas in Vice City - The Final Beta 0.1

user posted image

San Andreas in Vice City (SAiVC) is a full conversion for Vice City. All Vice City files (eg.: maps, cars, peds) replaced or will be replace whit San Andreas files.

About
Our project started back on the 17th of November, 2007, but we’ve only achieved some breakthrough on the 2nd of December, then in 2008, we’ve finished the map itself. Since then, we’ve learned pretty useful things about the Renderware engine, and we’ve started ironing out the remaining texture glitches and bugs, caused by Kam’s Max Script.

The main goal of our modification was to completely bring the San Andreas map to Vice City’s version of the Renderware engine… after achieving this, we’ve started converting the vehicles, and decided to release a stunter friendly version, which mainly made for the GTAStunting.net community.

Later, we are going to offer some special features for the fans of San Andreas in Vice City, with a completely new storyline, missions and gameplay elements.

Our greets fly to:

X-Seti aka. McKay – Who helped us hacking the map limits and water tables.
Kr0Tchy – Thanks for the file storage mate! We couldn’t release our modification without your help!
wantoo – Our PHP mastermind, who wrote the base code of this site.
CBool – The graphics master. He’s our main designer

Project Status:
-Map project 99,9%
-SF 100%
-LA 100%
-LV 100%
-Country 100%
- Interior 100%
- LOD’s 100%
-seabed, levelmap, anim 100%

-Fixing textura bugs 100%
-Fixing one side bugs 99,9%
-Traffic 100% (Not enabled beacuse there are limit in VC)

-Vehicles 100%
-All converted car 100%
-Car bugs fixing 100%

-Missions 0,1%
-Missions 0%
-Enter to interiors 1,2%

-Multiplayer project 100%
-Client status 100%
-Server status 100%
-1st multiplayer mod 100%
-Crash, bugs fixing 90%

-Player&Ped model 0%

Changelog

SAiVC - The Final Beta 0.1 *Fixed* (2008-06-21)
-Added: Motion Blur Effect (optional)
-Fixed: Installer
-Fixed: Multiplayer's SCM

SAiVC - The Final Beta 0.1 (2008-06-16)
-Added: Launcher
-Added: Multiplayer
-Added: 0sec lod loading
-Added: Installer
-Added: SA vehicles (option)
-Added: DirectX 9 grafic on single player
-Added: Realistic mirroring (option)

-Changed: New Hud
-Changed: New fonts
-Changed: Loading screen
-Changed: Logo
-Changed: Outro
-Changed: Menu construction

-Fixed: LOD draw distance
-Fixed: Weater issues
-Fixed: One Side Bugs
-Fixed: LOD loading
-Fixed: Map limits
-Fixed: Plant bugs

SAiVC RC2 (2008-04-12)
-Added: Loading screen plug-in

-Fixed: One Side Bugs
-Fixed: SCM bugs
-Fixed: LOD's draw distance
-Fixed: Trafficlight bugs

SAiVC RC1 (2008-03-20)
First release nothing changed wink.gif

Screens
Screen1
Screen2
Screen3
Screen4
Screen5
Screen6
Screen7
Screen8
Screen9
Screen10
Screen11
Screen12

I'm looking for somebody, who knows how to convert character, and vehicle models. If you want to help me, just write a post in this topic.

Download (239MB) & NEW Home page
http://gtaplace.hu/saivc/

Mirror
Mod Db
Files hack
File Front
STRATEGY INFORMER

Dannye's Ultimate Stunter's SCM for SAiVC - The Final Beta 0.1
http://gtaplace.hu/l....php?stunterscm

Bugreport
http://gtaplace.hu/saivc/?bugreport

Thanks to GTAPlace.hu, for hosting the files!
  • 26722 likes this

Dean.
  • Dean.

meh...

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2008 - 09:57 PM

Nice one dude. Are you converting san andreas missions, or will there be a new storyline?

Petya_
  • Petya_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:01 PM

Thanks mate! I don't think VC has the same scripting abilities as SA, and we already have a new story... think about it as a San Andreas Stories modification...

nabo45
  • nabo45

Soldier

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 10:39 PM

Nice mod dude, how long did it take you to convert the whole map?

Btw, some time ago I converted some cars from San Andreas to Vice City, use them if you wish smile.gif .

Link to the my converted cars

Petya_
  • Petya_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 March 2008 - 11:05 PM

Basically it was 4-5 months with lods. And about cars: If you are kind enough then we'd like to release your converted models in a seperated pack, which will be optional to the next Release Candidate

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 12:47 AM

I did everything and started it but 1 second into loading it came out of the game without any errors dontgetit.gif

Petya_
  • Petya_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 09:47 AM

Thats your problem:

- When you overwrite one group (eg.: IPLs) press the Update All button

There are five Update all button.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 03:41 PM

QUOTE (Petya_ @ Mar 21 2008, 09:47)
Thats your problem:

- When you overwrite one group (eg.: IPLs) press the Update All button

There are five Update all button.

yeah I pressed them all

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:02 PM Edited by X-Seti, 21 March 2008 - 04:06 PM.

More recycling SA to VC I see, and I wonder why.

I have no idea how this mod plays out, so I am downloading this mod just to see, I am checking it out.

To the topic poster, You know there are other projects porting SA to VC, all doing the same thing as you?

What is going to be different about your mod?

Since we are both doing the same thing here, would you have considered helping someone else?, instead of wasting your time redoing what has been done already.

Edit'

I may be out of order here, but I do have a point, there is lack of people on the gtaf boards unable to help others, because they want to copy what ever some else is doing.

I've been working alone on a project for almost 4 years, and working on something for that long can be a pain in the ass, more so when people do not seem to want to help you, but copy what has been done already.

If I had the help, My project would have been finished, and I'd be happy modding something else.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Mar 21 2008, 16:02)
More recycling SA to VC I see, and I wonder why.

I have no idea how this mod plays out, so I am downloading this mod just to see, I am checking it out.

To the topic poster, You know there are other projects porting SA to VC, all doing the same thing as you?

What is going to be different about your mod?

Since we are both doing the same thing here, would you have considered helping someone else?, instead of wasting your time redoing what has been done already.

Edit'

I may be out of order here, but I do have a point, there is lack of people on the gtaf boards unable to help others, because they want to copy what ever some else is doing.

I've been working alone on a project for almost 4 years, and working on something for that long can be a pain in the ass, more so when people do not seem to want to help you, but copy what has been done already.

If I had the help, My project would have been finished, and I'd be happy modding something else.

They're planning to make it a San Anstories mod biggrin.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:21 PM Edited by X-Seti, 21 March 2008 - 04:38 PM.

I see, thats well and good, but suggesting the idea to someone who has already ported SA, might want to do the same thing.

looking at the mod I do have one issue, the use of the d3d8.dll, I'd suggest the mod author gets permission.

Looking at the files, I see issues with the IDE files, other then that the mod looks well packed, well done.

Edit, the mod plays well, and I made a mistake over the d3d8.dll, My mistake, I am sorry for that..

You do not seem to have the same car collision issues that I have with SOL, however you do have LOD issues, and that is why in the end I choose to get ride of all LOD's.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:38 PM

A few questions:

*Will swimming be enabled? I mean, it doesn't have to be. If it will not be, that will just make it more fun.
*Will moving while crouching be present?

gtamodeler
  • gtamodeler

GTAGAME

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 04:46 PM

WOW COOL!

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 21 March 2008 - 10:56 PM

I have a proposition.

I would like to use your interior objects for SA, and I'll let you use all the fixed objects from SOL.

What do you think of that?

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:15 AM

QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Mar 21 2008, 16:38)
A few questions:

*Will swimming be enabled? I mean, it doesn't have to be. If it will not be, that will just make it more fun.

well swimming would be possable buy it would mean sacrificing the falling animation for a swimming one because the "swimming" mods available for VC atm just have you floating on top of the water with the falling animation, and the crouching while moving.. that would mean some SCM coding *i don't know the full team* but the 2 i speak to aren't hard coders as far as i know
.. and at X, sol has so many problems its not funny, i could probably fix your col issues but your lods *with the last sol i got* where almost as glitchy as these, and your textures where 100x more glitchy.. but i don't speak for the team this is just my opinion and i've only helped a little lol.gif

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:29 AM Edited by X-Seti, 22 March 2008 - 04:45 AM.

QUOTE (flatface @ Mar 22 2008, 05:15)
A few questions:

well swimming would be possable buy it would mean sacrificing the falling animation for a swimming one because the "swimming" mods available for VC atm just have you floating on top of the water with the falling animation, and the crouching while moving.. that would mean some SCM coding *i don't know the full team* but the 2 i speak to aren't hard coders as far as i know
.. and at X, sol has so many problems its not funny, i could probably fix your col issues but your lods *with the last sol i got* where almost as glitchy as these, and your textures where 100x more glitchy.. but i don't speak for the team this is just my opinion and i've only helped a little lol.gif

I'm wondering what your talking about, One I don't remember you ever on my team doing anything matey, and about me even having a team, well it has been Me and Andy since 2005.

SOL doesn't have LOD's any more anyway, so what you do have is a very old version that must be very buggy indeed, I'm thinking beta 46.2.

Remember that betas are buggy and that is the very reason why I release stuff, 'Not for people to get pissed at and say it doesn't work, but to report problems to me or even contribute in helping me fix them.

I've been after help for along time, so don't give me 'you could have fixed stuff, then why didn't you help me in the first place'

flatface
  • flatface

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:43 AM

QUOTE (X-Seti @ Mar 22 2008, 04:29)
QUOTE (flatface @ Mar 22 2008, 05:15)
A few questions:

Im wondering what your talking about, One I dont remember you ever on my team doing anything, SOL doesnt have LOD's anymore anyway, so what you do have is a very old version that must be very buggy indeed, I'm thinking beta 46.2..

I've been after help for along time, so dont give me 'you could have fixed stuff, then why didnt you help me in the first place'

i mean im helping with this now.. sorta i just made a few codes for vehicles for the scm and im gona help em with the converting of things..and i ment i could probably help your col deal, not many people edit cols for some reason.

X-Seti
  • X-Seti

Retro modding.

• Feroci Racing
  • Mars

Posted 22 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

My cols are not the issue anymore, these got fixed 6 months ago.

Anywho, I know I posted in someone else's topic, so lets get back on track, good luck with the mod.

gtamodeler
  • gtamodeler

GTAGAME

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:09 AM Edited by gtamodeler, 22 March 2008 - 07:15 AM.

Í found Many Bugs: happy.gif

user posted image
Sweets House is in Lods objekts??
user posted image
The Grove Street is in LOD Objects
user posted image
WTF? THe Map Its so Small? And i found on the radar many Bugs,

w³bster
  • w³bster

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:21 AM

Man ofcourse the map is small man its in Vice City engine and thats a crap engine compared to GTA SA so they have to make the map way smaller

gtamodeler
  • gtamodeler

GTAGAME

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:33 AM Edited by gtamodeler, 22 March 2008 - 09:24 AM.

Wow. You Have Converted all Interios, Sweets Interior Ryders... I can go him with the Jet Pack tool from Ulti Trainer from, GTAinside.com

Here is a Picture:

user posted image

the bug is you can not open the brown dors from the Savehouse or from Ryders house^^ you can flyng on the door with the Jetpack Cheat Trainer!

My Video from That MOD:

http://www.myvideo.d...19/GTA_VC_in_SA

Petya_
  • Petya_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 10:45 AM

QUOTE (gtamodeler @ Mar 22 2008, 07:09)
Í found Many Bugs: happy.gif

user posted image
Sweets House is in Lods objekts??
user posted image
The Grove Street is in LOD Objects
user posted image
WTF? THe Map Its so Small? And i found on the radar many Bugs,

Ohh man. Sorry. If you go to interior then back to the street the LOD's are bugs mercie_blink.gif

gtamodeler
  • gtamodeler

GTAGAME

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:24 AM

ah, ok thx, the mod is so cool, with the Interiors^^ I have a Film on Myvideo you can look it, in Swets huse or Ryders or Cj!

Petya_
  • Petya_

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:41 AM

I converted all interiors smile.gif stadium houses police, pizza, hamburger, chicken shop and so one... But not finished the *join* at now.

gtamodeler
  • gtamodeler

GTAGAME

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 03:53 PM Edited by gtamodeler, 23 March 2008 - 06:57 AM.

cool biggrin.gif

In Sweets House the Bedroom hase a terrible col. you fling under, on the bed, can you fix it??

gtamodeler
  • gtamodeler

GTAGAME

• Members

Posted 26 March 2008 - 04:10 PM

Sorry for The double Posting but, do you convert CS as Player model?

_CP_
  • _CP_

Group: Vice City Stories team

• Feroci Racing
  • Poland
  • Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:43 PM

I convert Blista Compact wheels from SA
user posted image

Matiscus
  • Matiscus

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 10:44 AM

If you want I can help you with convert the cars of San Andreas to Vice City. wink.gif You can send me a PM if you want.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 11:08 AM

Why are you making SA mod for VC when the VC engine is not so improved as the SA engine. I don't see any reason in the creating of this mod.

QwertyAAA
  • QwertyAAA

Ceci n'est pas une pipe, c'est le logo de Rockstar

• Members

Posted 03 April 2008 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (stef_92 @ Apr 3 2008, 11:08)
Why are you making SA mod for VC when the VC engine is not so improved as the SA engine. I don't see any reason in the creating of this mod.

For the same reason R* created LCS and VCS: To prove that it can be done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users