• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [GTA V]
    Contribution Award [Snapmatic Competition]

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

My PC is f*cked. SSD failure. Thats 4 desktop computers and a laptop that I've managed to kill in 4 years. I must be cursed...

Nico
  • Nico

Do you think you can tell?

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 22 May 2017 - 11:09 PM Edited by Nico, 22 May 2017 - 11:10 PM.

In all my years of PC gaming I only managed to kill one thing, and it was an used graphic card (MSi R7950) that I bought from some cheap asshole who owns a store in my block. Learned my lesson - never buy used scrap again. The good side? I got a DVI to VGA adapter that I'm still using with my current GPU.

Yes, I have a VGA monitor that still works after 5 or 6 years of use. During a while it had some dead pixels on the screen, but now they somehow dissapeared lol.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Most Creative [Writing] 2016
    Most Talented Writer 2015
    Most Talented Writer 2014
    Most Talented Writer 2013
    Best Story/Poem 2013 "The Storm"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2011 "Justice in Flames"
    Story/Poem of the Year 2010 "City of Lies"

Posted 23 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

So RDR2 has been delayed.

In other news, water is wet and ritual weather unpredictable.

I don't understand why game devs announce games wth release dates when they're still not completed. Finish the game then announce it, and use that time for QC!

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

...I will very carefully explain to you why it cannot be.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Best Poster [Rockstar Games] 2016

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:52 AM

In all my years of PC gaming I only managed to kill one thing, and it was an used graphic card (MSi R7950) that I bought from some cheap asshole who owns a store in my block. Learned my lesson - never buy used scrap again. The good side? I got a DVI to VGA adapter that I'm still using with my current GPU.

Yes, I have a VGA monitor that still works after 5 or 6 years of use. During a while it had some dead pixels on the screen, but now they somehow dissapeared lol.

Don't feel bad. I'm still playing with the same setup (an adapter) and 900p on a Samsung monitor that is still quite good these days!
  • Nico likes this

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:28 PM

Posted this In the oga GTA v topic (mistakingly thinking I was posting it here! Small mocking of the yardies there too!)

Spoiler

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

Graphics / Visual Arts Staff

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not posting to prevent the thread from disappearing or anything, but I'm quite pleased with myself as I'm getting back into cycling.

I have a battered old Apollo Creed mountain Bike for rough trails and I've purchased a Raleigh folding mountain bike so I can go further afield with transport. 

My ever increasing waistline is the target of my endeavours but with regret there is little progress to show apart from a fundamental understanding of the term "butt-hurt".

:happy:  

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

The battle of the buldge? Once you pass your mid twenties it's hard to fight it!

I've been looking in to my diet and the struggles of actually trying a low carb, low sugar, low fat diet - very difficult. Almost all breakfast items (that will actually be worth the effort to chew) are high in carbs, and I know you need some for energy etc
My biggest downfall is crisps and such snacks but mostly actual meals. I don't have time or energy to hand cook every day, and preprepared meals are full of sh*t.

Exercise and diet, two things I think we all fall down on; one is useless without the other. So keep it up man! 👍🏻😎

Vangelo
  • Vangelo

mai pių

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy

Posted 2 weeks ago

I am certainly the type of guy that claims I can eat anything after a workout because of the "I've earned it" rule.

Mokrie Dela
  • Mokrie Dela

Killed by drones.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted A week ago

I am certainly the type of guy that claims I can eat anything after a workout because of the "I've earned it" rule.

After a workout is the only time I eat pure!

It's really hard to eat an actual meal that's low in carbs, fat and sugar etc
Unless you want to live on chicken breast and veg...
  • Vangelo likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted A week ago

It may come as a surprise to some but I'm a vegetarian and have been for over 20 years.

So whilst I don't have to worry about animal fat, I do eat a lot of pasta, cheese, fried (in oil) vegetables and yes, I too am a martyr to the temptation of crisps and snacks.

I've cut out fizzy sugary drinks and I've cycled 40 miles this week so things should slowly improve  :sigh:

• Mokrie Dela likes this

Vangelo
  • Vangelo

mai pių

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy

Posted A week ago Edited by Vangelo, A week ago.

It may come as a surprise to some but I'm a vegetarian and have been for over 20 years.

So whilst I don't have to worry about animal fat, I do eat a lot of pasta, cheese, fried (in oil) vegetables and yes, I too am a martyr to the temptation of crisps and snacks.

I've cut out fizzy sugary drinks and I've cycled 40 miles this week so things should slowly improve  :sigh:

surf-and-turf-dinner-for-two.jpg

Oh, I was gonna post this anyway

• Crokey likes this

~Tiger~
  • ~Tiger~

• GTA Series Staff
  • None
  • Best Ledby 2015
    Best Ledby 2014

Posted A week ago

I was gonna post this anyway

I don't have a problem with meat or with people who eat meat. If they want to eat bits of dead animals that's their affair and it's perfectly natural.

At least with steaks and chops you know what you're eating. It's the stuff you can't see that worries me: in soups and pies and curries and casseroles etc. I used to eat meat and I used to eat out a lot; one one occasion I was eating a Chicken Rogan Josh when my fork discovered what I can only describe as the chicken's 'pudenda membra'. That was my last ever Chicken Curry and it wasn't long before I stopped eating meat altogether.

I would much rather have a Mexican Chilli made with beans and vegetables than made of the stuff they've scraped up off the slaughter house floor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users