Photo

Helicopters in GTA IV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
28 replies to this topic
10wellsmit
  • 10wellsmit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 11:58 AM Edited by 10wellsmit, 17 March 2008 - 07:45 AM.

hey,

One of the things I am most looking forward to in GTA IV is the helicopters, especially in multiplayer.

I am trying to figure out what types there will be.

Here is my guess:

Super-Military Heli:
AH-64D Apache Longbow (aka Hunter)

The AH-64D is pretty much the ultimate military helicopter. It seats 2 aircrew, a pilot and 1 heavy machine gunner/missile dude. The US army has 700+ currently in service. Was in San Andreas under the name "Hunter"

user posted image

Transportation/Military Heli:
UH-60 Black Hawk (aka Raindancer)

The UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter is a military powerhouse that can also carry 11 troops! It includes two 7.62mm M240G machineguns. Was featured in San Andreas, but in civilian configiration under the name of "Raindancer" Doesn't have a huge armament because it is primarily a transport helicopter.

user posted image

Transport Heli:
Mi-8 HIP(Cargobob in San Andreas)

The Cargobob was the hardest helicopter to obtain in San Andreas (found in Area 52) and with good reason! This is a beast of a chopper and can carry around all of your gang in SA. It has no defences, however. Not well suited for multiplayer since there is only 8 people per team and the UH-60 Black Hawk (pictured above) can hold 11.

user posted image

Civilian Heli:
Bell 407 (aka Maverick)

Feautured in all the GTA's since GTAIII, this is the standard helicopter for the series. The only chopper that has ever come in multiple colours. Seats 4 people including the pilot.

user posted image

Sea Chopper:
H-13 Sioux (aka Sea Sparrow)

Included in GTA San Andreas. 2 seater mild-defence helicopter. Has a machine gun identical to the Police Maverick's (pictured below). Will be useful for getting to the small islands such as the Statue of Happiness island.

user posted image

Heavy-lifting Heli:
Sea King (aka Leviathan)

Was in San Andreas. Will be fun to fly up to a gruppe sechs (security money) van, pick it up, smash it into some buildings to get the drivers stirred up, land and take the prize. Quite an old aircraft, used for sea rescue.(was in that sh*tty movie with Ashton Kutcher)

user posted image

Police Choppers:

Police Maverick

Same as the maverick (featured above) but with police colours. Includes a machine gun, but it only fires straight ahead (may change in GTA IV).

user posted image

Police Variation of the Sirorsky S-70

Seen in the screenshot below, this could possibly be a level 4 or 5 wanted level addition. Since it is apart of the police force, not the military, it doesn't have "hardcore" machine guns or rockets. I presume that it will have a machine gun similar to the police maverick. Will be good for SWAT-like rope rappeling into tough situations.

user posted image

So far this is the list of people who have provided assistance ( cookie.gif cookie.gif to them!):

Eddie
Miskatake

Well that concludes my segment.
If you have any suggestions or additions please feel free to comment! biggrin.gif

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

I cant wait for helis either!

I am patiently waiting for this game, the first time i get a helicopter i'm gonna go as high as you can then jump out.

...And survive. devil.gif

Phil112
  • Phil112

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:03 PM

Nice list. icon14.gif

10wellsmit
  • 10wellsmit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

if anyone else wants to we could start up a defence vs assault match in multiplayer and the assault could all come in the AH-64 Apache (pictured above) if it ends up in the game.

Would be very interesting indeed. Imagine the defence side all in one appartment building with two people on the roof with RPG's and the rest heavily fortified inside. We swoop in in a heli with rockets and kill the two on the roof, land and assault the building while the pilot of the heli scans through the windows of the building and kills them all matrix style! (like when they are rescuing morpheous)

biggrin.gif

Miskatake
  • Miskatake

Bassist

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:16 PM

Sorry to burst your bubble but both Sparrows have machine guns or was it only the Sparrow correct me if I'm wrong blush.gif Well atleast I have a PS3 (not online yet I'm so into the story games) biggrin.gif But I still play online in my ps2 COD 3, Battlefield MC and SWBF2

10wellsmit
  • 10wellsmit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Miskatake @ Mar 16 2008, 12:16)
Sorry to burst your bubble but both Sparrows have machine guns or was it only the Sparrow correct me if I'm wrong blush.gif Well atleast I have a PS3 (not online yet I'm so into the story games) biggrin.gif But I still play online in my ps2 COD 3, Battlefield MC and SWBF2

Can't figure out what you mean by "at least I have a PS3"

Yes, the sea sparrow has a machine gun but no rockets, i have updated the original post. Thanks for the help!

RidingHigh
  • RidingHigh

Illiteracy Will Prevail

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:20 PM

Don't forget one of the most underrated heli's in GTA. The Little Willy.

user posted image

user posted image

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:02 PM

I cannot wait for heli's either too.

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (RidingHigh @ Mar 16 2008, 12:20)

user posted image

user posted image

can't remember seeing that...

FenderUsa
  • FenderUsa

The Scientist

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Jimmarn @ Mar 16 2008, 13:05)

user posted image

user posted image

Idiot alert

kibbles
  • kibbles

Rat

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:27 PM

i love this topic thank you for posting this inlove.gif

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

They said I could be anything, so I became a custom member title

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 March 2008 - 03:32 PM

QUOTE (FenderUsa @ Mar 16 2008, 08:44)

Idiot alert

No need to be a dickface.

Its from Vice city stories, not everyone has that game.

GtaFreak_blingbling
  • GtaFreak_blingbling

The Exiles - Proven Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (Jimmarn @ Mar 16 2008, 13:05)

user posted image

GTA vice city stories wink.gif on top of the most expensive building

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:58 PM

QUOTE (10wellsmit)

Super-Military Heli:
AH-64 Apache

The AH-64 is pretty much the ultimate military helicopter. It seats 2 pilots and 1 heavy machine gunner/missile dude. The US army has 700+ currently in service. Was in San Andreas under the name "Hunter"

Buzz, wrong! The AH-64A only holds two aircrew; the pilot and the weapons system operator/navigator. Also, the AH-64D Apache Longbow/WAH-64 Apache (British variant) is the newest version of the helicopter.

QUOTE (10wellsmit)

UH-60 Black Hawk

The UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter is a military powerhouse that can also carry 11 troops! It includes a 105mm howitzer! Was featured in San Andreas, but in civilian configiration under the name of "Raindance"

I'm sorry, but where did you get the information that a UH-60 holds a 105mm HOWITZER? I think you mean it can have a howitzer under its fuselage for transport purposes. The UH-60 is usually configured with two 7.62mm M240G machineguns for self defense. The reason it doesn't have heavier armament is because it's a transportation helicopter. The UH-60 would usually be assisted by an Apache/Kiowa/Cobra flying patterns at over 2,000ft.

Ok, now I'll just identify the other helos to the best of my ability (because I'm a prick like that).

The Cargobob appaears to be an Mi-8 HIP, I could be wrong.
user posted image

The Maverick is a Bell 407, a pretty common civilian helicopter
user posted image

The Sea Sparrow is the Bell 47 model converted to military use under the name H-13 Sioux.
user posted image

The Leviathan is based on the almost infamous (in the helicopter world) Sea King. It's growing quite old now and is mainly used as a search and rescue helicopter but also saw action with the British Royal Marines during the invasion of Iraq where they were lifted in to Al Faw with Sea Kings under heavy AAA fire.
user posted image

stopme
  • stopme

TEAMNEX.ORG

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Mar 16 2008, 16:58)
QUOTE (10wellsmit)

Super-Military Heli:
AH-64 Apache

The AH-64 is pretty much the ultimate military helicopter. It seats 2 pilots and 1 heavy machine gunner/missile dude. The US army has 700+ currently in service. Was in San Andreas under the name "Hunter"

Buzz, wrong! The AH-64A only holds two aircrew; the pilot and the weapons system operator/navigator. Also, the AH-64D Apache Longbow/WAH-64 Apache (British variant) is the newest version of the helicopter.

QUOTE (10wellsmit)

UH-60 Black Hawk

The UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter is a military powerhouse that can also carry 11 troops! It includes a 105mm howitzer! Was featured in San Andreas, but in civilian configiration under the name of "Raindance"

I'm sorry, but where did you get the information that a UH-60 holds a 105mm HOWITZER? I think you mean it can have a howitzer under its fuselage for transport purposes. The UH-60 is usually configured with two 7.62mm M240G machineguns for self defense. The reason it doesn't have heavier armament is because it's a transportation helicopter. The UH-60 would usually be assisted by an Apache/Kiowa/Cobra flying patterns at over 2,000ft.

Ok, now I'll just identify the other helos to the best of my ability (because I'm a prick like that).

The Cargobob appaears to be an Mi-8 HIP, I could be wrong.
user posted image

The Maverick is a Bell 407, a pretty common civilian helicopter
user posted image

The Sea Sparrow is the Bell 47 model converted to military use under the name H-13 Sioux.
user posted image

The Leviathan is based on the almost infamous (in the helicopter world) Sea King. It's growing quite old now and is mainly used as a search and rescue helicopter but also saw action with the British Royal Marines during the invasion of Iraq where they were lifted in to Al Faw with Sea Kings under heavy AAA fire.
user posted image

nicely said smile.gif A+++ we have a pro here tounge.gif i take it you was in the army ?

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

QUOTE (stopme @ Mar 16 2008, 17:09)
nicely said smile.gif A+++ we have a pro here tounge.gif i take it you was in the army ?

Lol, nope. I'm joining the Army Air Corps next year though. Fly planes at the moment.

kbelkus
  • kbelkus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2008 - 08:17 PM

Sea King is still used by the RAF (Royal Air Force), Royal Navy and Army to this day. I work at a place where they repair, Chinook, Sea King, Lynx, Puma and the EH101.

10wellsmit
  • 10wellsmit

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 07:51 AM

thanks for all the help people!

I have updated the list with your information Eddie, thanks for the great assistance, you have been added to the great help list.

As I promised, anyone who gets on that list gets a cookie.gif , so without further adu, Eddie and Miskatake I present you both with cookie.gif cookie.gif lol biggrin.gif

I was thinking about that helicopter match in GTA IV team deathmatch when it comes out (see my previous posts in this topic), I reckon it would be awesome. We gotta set this up, like the beer brawl they are doing at the beer gardens.

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:18 PM

By the way, the AH-64D Longbow looks like this:
user posted image

Well ok, that's the WAH 64, but still, they look almost exactly the same outside.

Nin-Jew
  • Nin-Jew

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

The comanche is a BEAST to bad they dont make it anymore.

user posted image

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Nin-Jew @ Mar 17 2008, 17:26)
The comanche is a BEAST to bad they dont make it anymore.

user posted image

They never put it in to production, only the testing stages. In the end it just ended up costing too much for a piece of kit which nowadays would be irrelevant.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:55 PM

I'm not looking forward to them in multiplayer, I remember in SAMP, guy's with choppers spawn killed everybody cry.gif lol.gif

COLWcF
  • COLWcF

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:06 PM

It would be nice to see a Lynx, EH101, and maybe a AH-1 or MH-53 ingame.

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:09 PM

Woah! 1 year bump wow.gif

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:23 PM

5 month bump, not 1 year

We ended up with 1 Maverick and 1 combat helicopter that does not shoot missiles

yomomsmokes420
  • yomomsmokes420

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (BioVirus @ Aug 28 2008, 20:23)
5 month bump, not 1 year

We ended up with 1 Maverick and 1 combat helicopter that does not shoot missiles

You forgot the copper chopper, (Police Maverick) and the Helitours Maverick. But they're basically the same thing w/ a paintjob.

TonyResta
  • TonyResta

Tony Resta

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:37 PM

So much for a wishlist lol.

BioVirus
  • BioVirus

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 28 August 2008 - 08:38 PM

I didn't forget them. You said it yourself "same thing, new paint"