Official F1 Topic

2,943 replies to this topic
Nico
  • Nico

We were all equal in the end.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 April 2017 - 07:26 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if Alonso left McLaren right after the Indy 500, regardless of his result there. They kept Button on the team for a reason. Some people believe that he won't complete another full season in such bad conditions. His contract ends this year anyways, and I definitely don't see McLaren renewing him. They need those 40 millions that are wasted on his salary.

On a sidenote, Sauber just confirmed that they will use Honda engines from 2018. I hope Honda can work on their engines better with a team that doesn't have the urge of winning as soon as possible.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
  • Best Official Gang 2016 [Zaibatsu]
    Most Desperate Campaign Poster 2016
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Poster [Sports] 2016
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016
    14K Doggo/Catto-Chop Winner 2017

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:46 PM

Didn't see all the race as it clashed with the football, but that look Alonso gave the car... it stopped short of flicking it the middle fingers.

It's shame that Mclaren don't have a bit more money to develop their own power plants instead of using a supplier, or at least prop up Ricardo who make their road car engines to develop an F1 engine.

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:15 PM

I don't know too much about Ricardo, but if a giant corporation like Honda -who invested millions in this project- is struggling to make their power units reliable, there's virtually no chance for an independent outsider like Ricardo to have any kind of success with an hybrid V6 engine for F1. If the engines were simpler and less restricted by the normative, they may probably have had a chance.

I would like to believe that Honda will make double the progress working with two separate teams, and they may probably expand their market share -of F1 engines- in the future with Red Bull. Renault is slowly making improvements as well, and I can see them giving less privileges to the Austrian team once they become competitive with their factory team.

Talking about Renault, I still fail to understand how they renewed Palmer. I could understand that decision last year when they had no major aspirations since they had to use recycled Lotus material, but supposedly this season is the start of a major project. Unless Palmer is giving them tons of money, I don't see any reason for him to stay in there.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Supreme Overlord

• Members
  • India

Posted 01 May 2017 - 02:52 PM

I'm a little surprised that Bottas won, but once again, it's revealing just how hard the cars are struggling behind each other. Good for Bottas, though, he got the start and he made it count.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 02 May 2017 - 03:31 AM

Gotta love the middle finger that Vettel put up as he passed Massa bahaha.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Speaking of Massa, what a season he's having so far. I think these new cars have really seperated the experienced and more skilled drivers from the ones who still have some improving to do. If you look at teams like Williams and Renault who have one experienced driver and one newer driver, there has been a massive difference in performance between the two. Massa and Hulkenberg have been consistently better than Stroll and Palmer and I think they will totally dominate their teammates this year.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 26 May 2017 - 02:47 AM

Lance Stroll is such a joke. Said that he was used to crashing on that curve in Monaco in his playstation, and that he only crashed because he was pushing to his limit. Sigh. Daddy can buy him a F1 seat, but can't buy him the results!

I'm enjoying this season, though. Nice to see Force India doing so well with rookie drivers, shows they have good career potential for the future.

• Eutyphro and Nico like this

Algonquin Assassin
  • Algonquin Assassin

Osho's Assassin

• Australia
  • Most Obsessive Name Changer 2016 (My unofficial GTAF annual award)
    Biggest Fanboy 2013, 2014, 2015
    Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:26 AM

I've been enjoying Ferrari taking it to Mercedes this year, but it's a clear two horse race between Vettel and Hamilton. Though it looks like Mercedes have struggled thus far at Monaco. Might spice up the championship if they have a poor weekend.

I know it's unlikely, but imagine how Alonso would feel competing in the Indy 500 this weekend if Button won this race in his car? It won't happen, but stranger things have happened I guess.

• Tchuck likes this

Trix_N
  • Trix_N

Peon

• Members
  • Switzerland

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:44 PM

This weekend is nuts, F1, Indy500 and today Nurburgring 24h...

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 01:17 PM

Kimi on pole after 9 years and 128 races since the last one. But more surprising is the fact that Hamilton didn't make it to Q3.
  • Tchuck likes this

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Look how happy he his with that pole...

2rUndLh.jpg

• Tchuck, Eutyphro, Algonquin Assassin and 1 other like this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:52 PM

"Bwoah"

But anyway, I'm just hoping Max has a nice clean racing experience tomorrow and doesn't crash into anyone in the first corner or anywhere else for that matter.

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:04 PM

With Lance Stroll on the track, all teams should expect a safety can in their strategies... I hope the f*cking kid doesn't change the course of the race for the worse.
  • Tchuck likes this

Eutyphro
  • Eutyphro

poetic justice

• Members
  • Botswana

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Very boring race, and lame how Max lost his 4th spot because of his pit strategy. With the wider cars overtaking in Monaco has become completely impossible.

At least Tom Dumoulin won the Giro d'Italia.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:48 PM

To be honest Monaco usually is boring, as it's too tight a track to pull off successful overtaking. To me Monaco is just a showpiece race to attract big names with money, not to put on a fantastic display of Motorsport.

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 May 2017 - 08:35 PM

Yeah, the race was boring as hell, specially during the first half.

Had way more excitation seeing Takuma Sato winning at Indianapolis.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Belize
    Worst Tits 2016
    Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

Never saw the Indy 500, but this lucky fella managed to get up and walk away from this...

Mk7Efsp.gif

• El Diablo and Tchuck like this

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:25 PM

I expect to see the crashes on the "sports summary" the media of my country make when they have a few free minutes after talking exclusively about football. That's how awful the sport media is in my country. lol

I never saw the Indy 500 entirely until today, tried to watch the race in 2014 or 2015 -cannot remember- but I got bored back then. This time, with Alonso on track and a free Sunday, I said why not? And I have one thing clear: I'll watch it again next year, regardless of Alonso returning or not.

Oh boy, everyone in Spain is saying that Alonso is jinxed. Very bad publicity for Honda; hilariously their F1 drivers today retired from crashes, so the engine failure had to be for Alonso.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

That was a great lap fro Hamilton for pole today, I didn't think Mercedes had it in them after the practice sessions but it should make the race more interesting tomorrow with a Mercedes and Ferrari each on the two front rows.

I thought it was really cool that they interviewed the drivers at turns 1 and 2 after qualifying, hopefully they do more stuff like that after races. Hamilton receiving that Senna helmet for equalling his number of pole positions was great to see too.

kk9fan97
  • kk9fan97

#BCforever

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2017 - 03:19 AM

That was quite the crazy race at Baku a couple of days ago. Bunch of colllisions, Vettel and Hamilton getting into it during the safety car, then Ricciardo's crazy move to gain a couple of positions going into turn 1 on a restart. Alonso actually was able to avoid engine issues during the race and not just finished it, but finished it in the points. Great runs by Stroll and Magnussen as well. 

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Supreme Overlord

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 July 2017 - 07:04 PM

Add Bottas pipping Stroll to 2nd at the very end, too.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 14 July 2017 - 06:00 AM

So it appears Vettel will be testing the Screen Shield thing on his Ferrari.

From some of the screens up there, it doesn't look half bad either!

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 July 2017 - 10:09 PM

Sadly, he didn't like it.

And now because of this the heavily criticized halo will be mandatory in 2018.

https://www.motorspo...ecision-932802/

F*ck this sh*t.
  • Tchuck likes this

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:31 PM Edited by Nico, 30 July 2017 - 02:36 PM.

Victory and double podium for Ferrari when they needed the most. Race wasn't very fun until the final laps -as usual this year- and I was surprised to see Hamilton giving Bottas the third place, following team instructions in the very last moment. I never thought he would do that, having advantage over his teammate in the championship. At first I thought he had a problem, but according to the media he actually ceded the position. Red Bull missed a great opportunity, with Verstappen hitting Ricciardo on the third turn and causing him to retire. Dr. Marko and Mr. Horner definitely won't be happy for that. Both McLaren's scored points, with Alonso on sixth place and replicating under the podium his famous number from Interlagos 2015, sunbathing.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago Edited by Redketman, 2 weeks ago.

12 races so far this season. Surprisingly, no top driver has won two races in a row yet. But it's looking good for Hamilton who won at Spa. He's on pole for today's Monza race and since Stroll and Ocon is at P2 and P3 the brit is probably going to take the start. 

With yesterday's pole, Hamilton now has 69 pole positions in total. He's now the sole career leader in total pole positions. Schumacher got 68.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Daniel Ricciardo was the only thing that made the race worth watching today. I really hope Red Bull have a competitive car next year along with Ferrari and Mercedes. Hopefully Alonso will have a competitive car too though we'd need a miracle for that to happen.

If the races next year are as boring as the last couple of races this year have been then I wouldn't be surprised if the audience dropped massively now that they're bringing those stupid halos too.

• reform likes this

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 2 weeks ago

If Ferrari doesn't respond in the upcoming Singapore race then the championship is over. Mercedes usually struggled to perform well on Marina Bay, but you never know. They are capable of everything.

Very boring race, minus for the Red Bull drivers.

Hopefully Alonso will have a competitive car too though we'd need a miracle for that to happen.

He doesn't need a miracle. He needs to cut down his ridiculous salary and quit doing stupid commentaries after race and dull complaints on radio.

Brown Sugar
  • Brown Sugar

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 2 weeks ago

Hopefully Alonso will have a competitive car too though we'd need a miracle for that to happen.

He doesn't need a miracle. He needs to cut down his ridiculous salary and quit doing stupid commentaries after race and dull complaints on radio.

I don't really think that would increase his performance though. He has every right to complain when he's arguably the best driver on the grid and he's stuck at the back not even fighting for points most of the time. Honda have the slowest and most unreliable engine in F1 despite having worked on it for 3 years now and with the Mclaren chassis which is better than the other cars around it so they should be much more competitive than they are now. That being said, I don't think Mclaren should ditch them for Renault next year, they've already spent the last 2 and a half years working with Honda so they may as well stay committed to them and hope for improvements further on down the line. 

Nico
  • Nico

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 5 days ago Edited by Nico, 5 days ago.

The championship is over.

In the middle of a unexpectedly wet start, both Ferraris out of the race in the very first lap along with Verstappen. Hamilton won, with Ricciardo second and Bottas third. Hulkenberg had a great podium chance, but now he's the driver with most F1 participations wihtout a single podium. Alonso got involved in the crash and survived, to no avail.

Now Lewis is 28 points ahead of Seb, and pretty much all of the upcoming tracks are Mercedes territory. Once again, f*ck this sh*t.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

🇯🇲 🇬🇭 🇯🇲

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 5 days ago

Vettel is going to need a miracle now, what a shocking disappointing race for Ferrari.

2017 Singapoure was very exciting though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users