Official F1 Topic

2,809 replies to this topic
dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago

That was some garbage tier driving by Verstappen...

And Hamilton made the podium, what a surprise.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 4 weeks ago

Decent race, good to see Hamilton managed to claw his way back into the race, considering that dumb penalty.

But that was one nasty crash by Magnusson, glad to see he walked away with only a limp, as that could have been a lot worse.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 weeks ago

The penalty wasn't dumb at all. The way Mercedes exploited it was dumb. Toto Wolff himself has called for the closing of the loophole.

If Magnussen is injured for Monza, I wonder who will drive since Renault's spare driver now drives a Manor.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Felipe Massa announces his retirement.

Kevin Magnussen has been cleared to race at Monza. I'm expecting a fairly dull race after the first lap, tbh.
  • Tchuck likes this

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 3 weeks ago

He wasn't the same since his accident, which was a shame. So damn close in 2008 as well. Oh well, now Brazilians really have no one to look forward to. 

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by dingodile_r89, 3 weeks ago.

He wasn't the same since his accident, which was a shame. So damn close in 2008 as well. Oh well, now Brazilians really have no one to look forward to. 

Posted exactly that on GTPlanet, lol.

Anyway, Red Bull are running the mother of low rear wings for Monza.

2mrxvyd.jpg
  • Tchuck likes this

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Redketman, 3 weeks ago.

I have been following Formula 1 since 2003. There are only four drivers left from that era: Raikkonen, Massa, Alonso, and Button. Felipe Massa will be gone after this season... It will be interesting to see who will be the last remaining driver from the era. Maybe after 2018 there will be no one left.

I really hope that Jenson Button continues next season because I think he is still a very good driver. But Mclaren is rumoured to sign Vandoorne instead and there are some doubts if Button really wants to drive for a team like Williams (hasn't been as good as they were in, say 2014). We'll hopefully know someting soon.

Felipe Massa was my favourite driver in 2008. I was super excited when there were 3-4 laps left of the Brazilian GP. Too bad he didn't won the title. 

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Jesus, a 1.21.1.

Great runs by Bottas, Wehrlein and Gutierrez.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Stoffel Vandoorne will be given the McLaren seat next year as Jenson Button will be taking a break from the sport

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, barring Ricciardo's divebomb on Bottas, what a snoozefest...

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wasn't a great race, it was quite uneventful, just a shame that Hamilton's start was bad, otherwise it might have made the race more interesting.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Wasn't a great race, it was quite uneventful, just a shame that Hamilton's start was bad, otherwise it might have made the race more interesting.

How, exactly? I'm fairly sure it would have finished in the same order except for Lewis and Nico being swapped around. The Mercs have too much of an advantage on power circuits.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Cause it's good to see Hamilton up front pissing off Rosberg :p

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Cause it's good to see Hamilton up front pissing off Rosberg :p

Let's just learn to enjoy the only competition that's possible (between the works Mercs) :p

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Redketman, 3 weeks ago.

The race was a little bit mediocre because there weren't many exciting things in the race. The only thing that maybe did stand out was Hamilton and his bad start. On the other hand, that meant that Rosberg would win the race really easy and Hamilton never had to overtake the Ferraris on track later because they were on another strategy. So that was that. 

Too bad that Jenson Button decided to take a sabbatical. He'll probably not come back although we can't' rule it out completely. 

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Worst Tits 2014
    Best Llama 2016

Posted 3 weeks ago

Not this next series which supposedly due towards the end of the year (although there is still a big gap to fill), but next series, I could see Jenson Button joining up as a co-host of Top Gear.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Too bad that Jenson Button decided to take a sabbatical. He'll probably not come back although we can't' rule it out completely. 

Guess who else took a 1 year "sabbatical"? Mika Hakkinen. Oh well, the old must make way for the new.

Singapore should be interesting. And then Sepang will probably be the Mercedes again.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Guess who else took a 1 year "sabbatical"? Mika Hakkinen. Oh well, the old must make way for the new.

Singapore should be interesting. And then Sepang will probably be the Mercedes again.

Yeah, Mika Hakkinen didn't come back after 2001. (If I remember correcly there were rumours of a comeback for Williams in 2005 though. But it didn't happen).

I still think Jenson Button is a very good driver so it's a shame he isn't driving next year. On the other hand he has been driving in Formula one since 2000 and is the second most experienced F1-driver ever. So it isn't actually strange that he's 'quitting'.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

A Mercedes on the 2nd row, who would have thought.

Dominating qualifying performance by Rosberg, should be an interesting race if it's not a damn procession.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Armchair philosopher

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Average race, overall. The chase was really fun, but you just knew Ricciardo wasn't going to get Rosberg. Great drive by Rosberg under pressure, championship looks promising for him. Shame for Hülkenberg, 2 DNFs at Singapore in a row. Great drive by Perez, as well, putting Force India back ahead of Williams in the constructors race, nice little contest.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users