Photo

Official F1 Topic

2,699 replies to this topic
Diamond Dogs
  • Diamond Dogs

Hove Beach. Next to the docks.

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 26 July 2015 - 11:58 PM Edited by The_Ghost, 27 July 2015 - 12:00 AM.

Bad job on the side of the Merc garage, they tanked it already on the first turn on lap 1. They also blew it twice later that race, with Daniel tangled with both Mercs, but they were both Lewis' and Nico's fault. Danny had a chance to win again at Hungary yesterday if he didn't tangled with the Mercs. He had the pace against both Ferrari and Mercedes, despite the lack of straight line speed.

Seb drove flawlessly. Bellisimo! Molto Bene! Reminded me of his Red Bull days. Also, a very fitting race for Jules, who passed away last week. This race is surely a perfect sendoff to him.

#JB17 #F1
  • Heists likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 27 July 2015 - 01:56 AM

I wasn't going to watch the race live, but I'm so happy I did. The tribute to Jules was one of if not the best tributes i've even seen in motorsport. Gave me a lump in my throat and watery eyes. Just wonderful.

As for the race itself I'm glad to see Seb/Ferrari stick it to Mercedes. A shame for Kimi, but it was also nice to see both Red Bulls on the podium.

Even Alonso in his underpowered Mclaren beat Rosberg and Hamilton. That's sad. I mean yeah luck fell his way I suppose, but Mclaren haven't had much of it so it was nice to see them get a good result.

#JB17.

• Heists likes this

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 11:52 AM

The race in Hungary was probably the best race so far this season. Next race is Spa which is one of my favourite F1-circuits on the calendar. The other ones are Montreal, Monaco and Albert Park. By the way, It would be interesting if we could see a rain race on Spa because I don't think there have been many rain races during the last two years. Somehow,it feels like it usually rains on Friday or Satursday if the rain appears during a F1-weekend. I talk about rain because Spa is one of those placces where there often is risk of rain.

Overall the season has been quite mediocre, especially the qualifying sessions because you always know that Hamilton probably will get Pole Position and so on. but some races have been quite good. Strangely, the race in Canada wasn't that entertaining. The most boring race was the one in Barcelona. They really have to get rid of Barcelona because the races there are always static and don't have much action at all.

For those who are interested my favourite drivers used to be Michael Schumacher and Jacques Villeneuve, but they haven't raced in F1 for a while now. The only driver I cheer extra for is Marcus Ericsson since he is Swedish, just like I am.  

• SonOfLiberty likes this

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:00 PM

Rain always makes things more interesting, but I think it'll be a return to normal service at Spa unless Mercedes make another botched start.

I can't see Spa's long straights being too kind to McLaren and Red Bull though.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 August 2015 - 12:22 PM

If the Mercedes cars make a bad start for the third time in a row again, then yes, it will probably be easier for them to bounce back. Hungaroring is the second hardest circuit to overtake on after Monaco. Silverstone was also a circuit where it was difficult to overtake (Hamilton and Rosberg coudn't even get past the Williams cars on Hangar straight), but Spa must be one of the easiest Circuits to overtake on: first corner, the straight after Eau Rouge, Bus Stop chicane, and so on.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 August 2015 - 03:49 AM

Yeah, no rain at Spa please.

That'll just make Eau Rouge-Raidillon and Blanchimont boring.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 25 August 2015 - 10:10 AM

I thought the race at Spa was quite good. I woudn't have thought that Grosjean would finish in third place. Good for him. And it's nice to see more drivers/teams fighting for the top positions.

Lewis Hamilton won once again and I don't think Rosberg can beat him this year because the brit is almost always a little bit faster than him. It isn't over yet though. If Hamilton retires because of mechanial issues or something like that and Rosberg wins, then it's tight in the points again.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 August 2015 - 04:48 AM

Spa was ok. Mercedes dominated, pretty much. That rear wing is working wonders.

I feel bad for Seb. He should have forced that pitstop before the tyre gave out. Bottas incident was luls.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 10 September 2015 - 06:53 AM

Interesting race at Monza, I guess. Rosberg would have caught Vettel had his engine not given out.

What if, though. What if Raikkonen hadn't screwed up his start?

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 19 September 2015 - 06:59 PM

The most exciting qualifying session of the season was today! Beforehand it looked like it could be interesting between Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull. In the end, Sebastian Vettel took Pole Position with a quite good margain. Who would have thought that before this Singapore-weekend?

It's going to be a really interesting race tomorrow. By the way, Marina Bay Circuit is a little bit special. It's the longest race of the season. The races are always at least 1 hour and 50 minutes long and the safety car has always been deployed on this track. That could be a very important strategy factor.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 20 September 2015 - 01:42 AM Edited by PulpFiction, 20 September 2015 - 01:47 AM.

It looks like Mercedes were lacking grip, but that doesn't explain why the other Mercedes powered cars were off pace as well.

I think there's more to it than they're saying. How about Vettel's stormer of a lap? That was incredible. I was expecting him to back out of it since he already had pole, but to pull out another half a second...just wow.

Either way it's nice to see Ferrari and Red Bull setting the pace and forcing Mercedes behind the 8 ball.

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Worst Tits 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2015
    Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum

Posted 20 September 2015 - 06:43 PM

David Coulthard pointed it out after the race on the BBC show, that their engines haven't been the same in Italy, so it's possible they've tinkered with something software wise, and it's not working, so they should go back to what they had.

Timcatgt5
  • Timcatgt5

Special Vehicle Collector and Law Abiding Citizen

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2015 - 11:22 PM

Watched the Singapore race and was surprised when Hamilton retired but Rosberg held on for 4th, Kimi with a decent 3rd place and Ricciardo with a good 2nd place despite Red Bull splitting up with Renault engines for next year.

But it doesn't really make a difference in terms of points now that Hamilton is 41 points ahead of Rosberg and 49 points ahead of Vettel. Mercedes will probably get another 1-2 in Japan and Russia then Constructors Championship will be settled after that.

Could have been McLarens best shot for points considering the tracks lack of overtaking and long straights, and Mercedes not able to warm up the tyres.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2015 - 03:28 PM

I thought the race at Singapore was OK/quite good. It would have been fun to see more tight battles though, especially in the top 5, but on the other hand it's difficult to overtake on this track.

Last year Mercedes dominated the season and Ricciardo was the only non-Mercedes driver who won a race. He won three times last year. This year it's Vettel who is the only non-Mercedes driver who has won. He now has three victories. He has also surpassed the great Ayrton Senna in term of wins now.

By the way. There are strong rumours that Romain Grosjean will drive for Haas next year. If that's true they've got a really good driver for their team!

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 23 September 2015 - 12:57 PM Edited by PulpFiction, 23 September 2015 - 12:57 PM.

With the way things are playing out Vettel's a good chance to finish second. I mean they might aswell give the trophy to Hamilton now, but second at least is still up for grabs.

Hopefully Ferrari can finish on a high so they can land a full assault in 2016 knowing they have the car to take it to the silver arrow.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 September 2015 - 01:26 PM

Suzuka and Sochi will tell us a lot about who's where in terms of engine and aero.
  • SonOfLiberty likes this

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 September 2015 - 09:31 AM

As expected, the Mercedes comeback.

Very relieved that Kvyat was ok and no one got hit by a stray wheel. Hoping for a good race tomorrow.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 27 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

Well, apart from Max Vertsappen being completely bonkers, this was a usual Mercedes outing. Oh well.

Feel for Sergio Perez, his race got completely wrecked after good qualifying.

Nico
  • Nico

The sky is gray

• Facade Corporation
  • None

Posted 27 October 2015 - 12:39 AM

Hamilton earned his third world championship in a very interesting race at Austin, TX. Good race for Vettel and Verstappen (rookie of the year), Red Bull lost their chances of winning as soon as the track dried, and McLaren ended with one car in the points.

Rosberg definitely became the Barrichello of this generation, and Kimi is losing his touch.

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 03 November 2015 - 03:45 PM

Damn that was a horrible race for Ferrari :( Congrats Nico finally getting a win.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 November 2015 - 08:48 PM

Brazil is going to be such a Mercedes domination -_-

H4milton
  • H4milton

Old timer.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 19 November 2015 - 03:58 PM

Brazil is going to be such a Mercedes domination -_-

Mercedes Works team are the best perfoming team, but the worst strategist team. Hopefully Ferrari will challenge the Mercs next year. And Abu Dhabi is also a Mercedes Domination track -_-

Redketman
  • Redketman

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 November 2015 - 04:22 PM

Strange. The race at Interlagos five days ago was the most boring Brazilian GP I have watched. It's strange because Interlagos is one of the best circuits on the calendar. Almost everytime there are entertaining races there. It's the same with Montreal. One of the best circuits on the calendar, but the race this year was not entertaining. The really boring races this season: Catalunya and Interlagos. They should take away Circuit Catalunya from the calendar. The best races this season: Bahrain, Hungary, Sotchi and Austin. They were really, really good!

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:08 AM

Well, I'm glad I missed the Interlagos race. Hope next season is more exciting.

Obligatory "f*ck you Bernie Ecclestone"

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:06 AM

Obligatory "f*ck you Bernie Ecclestone"

What's your problem with Bernie? He's a very funny guy and is the only reason F1 is as popular as it is today.

dingodile_r89
  • dingodile_r89

Chronic racist Indian

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:03 AM Edited by dingodile_r89, 25 November 2015 - 09:06 AM.

What's your problem with Bernie? He's a very funny guy and is the only reason F1 is as popular as it is today.

My problem isn't with Bernie, per se, it's the policies that make the sport a massive struggle for the smaller teams. Compare that to the privateer teams in endurance racing and you see the problem is quite massive.

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:27 AM Edited by Crystal3lf, 25 November 2015 - 09:28 AM.

My problem isn't with Bernie, per se, it's the policies that make the sport a massive struggle for the smaller teams. Compare that to the privateer teams in endurance racing and you see the problem is quite massive.

Just FYI; Bernie is trying to limit engine manufacturers from charging $25m+ for engines down to $12m. Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull control most of the cost. These three teams have even tried to push out the smaller manufacturers ofrom the sport completely last year. Bernie runs the F1 event.

Right now Mercedes control the majority of the sport, and recently we have seen Ferrari use their veto power. If you have a problem with the "policies", then you want to set your targets to the FIA. They control the rules.

Crystal3lf
  • Crystal3lf

( ͡ ͜°ʖ͡°)

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 26 November 2015 - 02:59 AM Edited by Crystal3lf, 26 November 2015 - 03:03 AM.

Big news for Formula 1.

http://www.formula1....nit-supply.html

New resolution reached on future F1 power unit supply

A new course of action to address several key areas relating to the supply of power units in Formula One racing has been agreed by the Formula One Strategy Group and the F1 Commission.

Engine manufacturers, acting in conjunction with governing body the FIA, have agreed to provide a proposal that will seek to address several points, including agreeing a minimum number of teams to supply - thereby ensuring every team has access to a power unit - and reducing the cost of power units.

The developments outlined in the proposal, which will be presented by 15 January 2016, are intended to come into effect for the 2017 season at the earliest, or the 2018 season at the latest.

The FIA said that plans for a reduced-cost customer engine for 2017 had attracted four interested, credible parties, but that the option would not be pursued - with the situation to be reassessed after proposals from the engine manufacturers had been presented.

The FIA's statement in full:

The Formula One Strategy Group and the F1 Commission yesterday held separate constructive meetings at the FIA's headquarters in Paris.

The parties involved have agreed on a course to address several key areas relating to Power Unit supply in Formula One. These areas are:

- Guarantee of the supply of Power Units to teams

- The need to lower the cost of Power Units to customer teams

- Simplification of the technical specification of the Power Units

- Improved noise

The manufacturers, in conjunction with the FIA, will present a proposal by 15 January, 2016 that will seek to provide solutions to the above concerns.

The proposal will include the establishment of a minimum number of teams that a manufacturer must supply, ensuring that all teams will have access to a Power Unit.

Measures will also be put forward to reduce the cost of the supply of hybrid Power Units for customer teams, as well as improving their noise.

All stakeholders agreed that the developments will aim for the 2017 season at the earliest, and 2018 at the latest.

The first meeting between the FIA and the Power Unit manufacturers on this topic will be held this week at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Yesterday's meetings acknowledged the four credible Expressions of Interest made for the manufacture and supply of a less expensive alternative customer engine.

The F1 Commission agreed not to pursue this option at this stage – however, it will be reassessed after the Power Unit manufacturers have presented their proposal to the Strategy Group.

JasonNorin
  • JasonNorin

Player Hater

• New Members
  • Philippines

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:51 AM

Rosberg is keeping up to his vow to catch up with Hamilton this season. 3 straight first spots in a row. Meanwhile, Totto Wolff warned Rosberg and Hamilton that the team might change its line-up if the tension between the 2 won't subside.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

GTA IV legend

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 03 December 2015 - 02:56 AM Edited by SonOfLiberty, 03 December 2015 - 03:04 AM.

I hope for Mclaren's sake things start looking up, but I'm not sure. Bet Alonso regrets leaving Ferrari now the season's done and dusted. Personally I'd get rid of Raikkonen and bring Alonso back. Alonso and Vettel would be the ultimate team to stop the Mercedes freight train. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users