Official F1 Topic

2,532 replies to this topic
David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:16 AM

Yep, that was an insane race. I've just taken a break from posting here as I'm tired of the number of people who come here and just bitch and moan about how boring F1 has become. If anything, last two races proves otherwise. Spa's another month later. Can't wait.

Starscream_910
  • Starscream_910

Undercover Mod

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

Is the Hungarian Grand Prix happening today? I haven't heard anything about it on the BBC or anything.

Highlights on BBC. As post above said, it was a fantastic race. :-)

Choymz
  • Choymz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 29 July 2014 - 07:32 AM

I quite like the fact that Mercedes is breaking more often. And i also think that Rosberg is turning into a whiny little b*tch.

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:09 AM

Had a nice long chat with one of my Mom's cousins today about F1 and cars in general. He just retired from Mercedes about two months ago as their chief mechanic in North America. It was so nice to talk to someone who understands the sport.

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:45 AM

Sorry to get all political, but this beggars belief:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...europe-28656050

What exactly does this say? Bribery can land you in jail, unless you are able to pay the court an even bigger bribe?!

Unbelievable.

Sorry, it's more a comment on the justice system than F1 per say but short of creating a separate thread this seemed the only place to post it.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:34 PM

Sorry to get all political, but this beggars belief:

http://m.bbc.co.uk/n...europe-28656050

What exactly does this say? Bribery can land you in jail, unless you are able to pay the court an even bigger bribe?!

Unbelievable.

Sorry, it's more a comment on the justice system than F1 per say but short of creating a separate thread this seemed the only place to post it.

http://www.gesetze-i...stpo.html#p1234

§ 153a StPO

Jimbatron
  • Jimbatron

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

^ The loop hole exploited is already well documented in the press. I hope you haven't posted it because you think some how it makes the situation OK or in anyway less farcical.

Ninja_Gear
  • Ninja_Gear

Big Homie

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 3 weeks ago

Intresting:

http://in.reuters.co...N0QO51120140818

At the age of 16/17 Verstappen's son is going into F1 racing. I hope he gets a better career then his father.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Max, 3 weeks ago.

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/115449
imagesfacepalm.png

This Post was edited by Max. More substance in Future Please

ddyoung
  • ddyoung

Get freaky... Not that freaky

• Members
  • England

Posted 3 weeks ago

That is far too young to be racing the most advanced cars in the world.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 3 weeks ago Edited by Choymz, 3 weeks ago.

And the seat changing continues with Alexander Rossi taking over from Max Chilton this weekend.....

EDIT: Marussia have done a big u turn and chilton is now racing  :v:

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 3 weeks ago

Well, Spa was funny. Merc keeps screwing up and Ricciardo is there to pick up the pieces. 

IMO, the whole thing looked like a racing incident, until Rosberg admitted to doing it on purpose. And then Lewis goes and tells the media "he did it to a prove a point", which is fair enough I guess. Lewis has a tendency to push Rosberg out of the track(Bahrain twice, Hungary in the dying laps). While legal, I wouldn't really call that proper racing etiquette. I guess Rosberg was tired of getting pushed and next time now Lewis will take care of where Rosberg is even if he's not a half car length alongside him.

4-Way Car battle in the end was awesome. Shame on Alonso for that 5 sec penalty for leaving mechanics on the grid. Raikkonen finally had a clean race and nearly podium. Bottas continues to impress.

Rosberg on Bottas was the best move of the race for me. 

Will update the scores on first page soon!

• Starscream_910 likes this

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, Spa was funny. Merc keeps screwing up and Ricciardo is there to pick up the pieces. 

IMO, the whole thing looked like a racing incident, until Rosberg admitted to doing it on purpose. And then Lewis goes and tells the media "he did it to a prove a point", which is fair enough I guess. Lewis has a tendency to push Rosberg out of the track(Bahrain twice, Hungary in the dying laps). While legal, I wouldn't really call that proper racing etiquette. I guess Rosberg was tired of getting pushed and next time now Lewis will take care of where Rosberg is even if he's not a half car length alongside him.

4-Way Car battle in the end was awesome. Shame on Alonso for that 5 sec penalty for leaving mechanics on the grid. Raikkonen finally had a clean race and nearly podium. Bottas continues to impress.

Rosberg on Bottas was the best move of the race for me. 

Will update the scores on first page soon!

Yes, and Hamilton told the truth of course, when saing that Rosberg admitted he did it on purpose. Irony off

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users