Official F1 Topic

2,523 replies to this topic
am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:49 AM

Ugh, another Mercedes procession.  Won't be watching this race either.

Do you want the results?

Click on it if you want: http://www.autosport...t.php/id/113566

Nah, I think I'll go to B&Q, buy some paint and watch it dry this afternoon.  Far more entertaining than what F1 has become.

Never thought I'd say that. :cry:

The race did have some slight entertainment.... For 18th place on the last lap  :lol:

Oh dear, that good was it?  The new reg's have totally killed F1.  It's just 70 laps of economy driving now.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 09:57 AM

Ugh, another Mercedes procession.  Won't be watching this race either.

Do you want the results?

Click on it if you want: http://www.autosport...t.php/id/113566

Nah, I think I'll go to B&Q, buy some paint and watch it dry this afternoon.  Far more entertaining than what F1 has become.

Never thought I'd say that. :cry:

The race did have some slight entertainment.... For 18th place on the last lap  :lol:

Oh dear, that good was it?  The new reg's have totally killed F1.  It's just 70 laps of economy driving now.

Yeah,Koybayashi,who made the move of the race for 18th on the last lap, was the most exciting driver of the race, he even made Vettel quite angry!

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:10 AM

Off Topic but everyone should watch the FIA WEC 6hrs of Silverstone, 5 laps and more action than F1 for this year, plus some added Mark Webber.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 11:24 AM

I have to say...if you completely ignore the Mercedes cars, F1 racing this season is actually kind of exciting.

The biggest issue is just how hilariously superior the Mercedes cars are.

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 20 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

^Yeppers..

It was pretty fun how Rosberg covered the field with ease when he had a bad start. And well I'll just leave this here:

http://www1.skysport...ved-prematurely

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 April 2014 - 10:41 PM

^Yeppers..

It was pretty fun how Rosberg covered the field with ease when he had a bad start. And well I'll just leave this here:

http://www1.skysport...ved-prematurely

So Kobayashi's move got reverted, all that effort for nothing,

Aaron030792
  • Aaron030792

I love curry. :D

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 May 2014 - 12:48 PM

First post in this topic, glad it's here. I always watch the F1.

Just remembered it's the 20th anniversary of Ayrton Senna's death. Was too young to remember him racing, wish I had been around while he was.

R.I.P Senna.

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 May 2014 - 07:30 AM

Hi there Aaron,

Yeah, we have an F1 topic, but it's pretty inactive, we get just around 3-4 members posting here every race.

RIP Senna, probably one of the greatest drivers ever, but the greatest? Who knows what would have happened if he survived 1994. Looking at videos on Youtube the races in those time were absolutely phenomenal, I wish I was alive for the whole Senna, Mansell, Prost era. I suppose everyone's seen the movie Senna by now. While it's a pretty good movie, I think it makes Prost out to be too evil. I think the book Senna vs Prost is much more accurate and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has seen the movie and wants to know more.

Spanish GP is still another week away, a lot of the teams are doing upgrades, so we should see a change in the pecking order. Can't wait!

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

Hi there Aaron,

Yeah, we have an F1 topic, but it's pretty inactive, we get just around 3-4 members posting here every race.

RIP Senna, probably one of the greatest drivers ever, but the greatest? Who knows what would have happened if he survived 1994. Looking at videos on Youtube the races in those time were absolutely phenomenal, I wish I was alive for the whole Senna, Mansell, Prost era. I suppose everyone's seen the movie Senna by now. While it's a pretty good movie, I think it makes Prost out to be too evil. I think the book Senna vs Prost is much more accurate and I definitely recommend it to anyone who has seen the movie and wants to know more.

Spanish GP is still another week away, a lot of the teams are doing upgrades, so we should see a change in the pecking order. Can't wait!

RIP Ayrton,

On a more current note, rumblings from Ferrari suggest that they have big updates for Barcalona possibly worth up to 4 secs per lap. And there is that constantly rumored Red Bull 'B' car.......

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 May 2014 - 08:24 PM Edited by am30, 02 May 2014 - 08:24 PM.

First post in this topic, glad it's here. I always watch the F1.

Just remembered it's the 20th anniversary of Ayrton Senna's death. Was too young to remember him racing, wish I had been around while he was.

R.I.P Senna.

Don't forget Roland Ratzenberger.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 May 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by AceKingston, 08 May 2014 - 09:22 AM.

I know I'm late but R.I.P Senna. What an amazing driver. He had true dedication for F1 and racing.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted 11 May 2014 - 01:49 PM Edited by AscendantWyvern, 11 May 2014 - 01:49 PM.

It was another Bahrain with that last minute fight. And fights all the way throughout the lineup with Vettel v Bottas and Alonso v Räikkönen. Had me on the edge of my seat actually :p

Though Niko needs to win the next one to keep the season interesting.

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 May 2014 - 03:02 PM Edited by David., 11 May 2014 - 03:03 PM.

Awesome race, good fight all around. Nico is closing the gap on Hamilton faster than I thought. He's got speed he just has trouble passing him. Driver of the day was Vettel for me however. What a awesome run from 15 to 4. And yeah, I doubt anyone's going to catch Merc anytime soon.

I still can't believe people think this is boring. Today was pretty much another Bahrain minus the safety car. And if you don't find today's race exciting, I think your expectations are too high.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 05:06 PM

Another Mercedes procession?  Glad I won't be wasting my time watching it.

I still can't believe people think this is boring. Today was pretty much another Bahrain minus the safety car. And if you don't find today's race exciting, I think your expectations are too high.

It's not F1 anymore, or what I've spent most my life watching and calling F1.  Ridiculous tyre reg's, KERS, DRS, fuel saving, engine saving, gearbox saving to name but a few things have killed this once great sport.

My expectations are very high after watching F1 for so long, but it has been falling further and further away from those expectations as each race goes by and, so far, this season is the worst and it's the first season I can remember ever missing on purpose.

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:10 PM Edited by David., 11 May 2014 - 06:11 PM.

This season is the worst? Last season I remember Vettel won 9 races in a row. Atleast here, we have two competent drivers with no(apparent) team orders fighting their way for the lead.

I understand where you're coming from though. You want flat out racing from beginning to end. Well, what I like about F1 is the technology used, strategies involved. Fuel, tyres makes this way more interesting.

I mean just look at this year- we are using 33% less fuel and race pace is more or less the same when compared to last year. This engineering marvel
is what makes it the pinnacle of motorsport for me- it is not "just" the drivers.

am30
  • am30

QotD

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 11 May 2014 - 06:37 PM

This season is the worst? Last season I remember Vettel won 9 races in a row. Atleast here, we have two competent drivers with no(apparent) team orders fighting their way for the lead.

I understand where you're coming from though. You want flat out racing from beginning to end. Well, what I like about F1 is the technology used, strategies involved. Fuel, tyres makes this way more interesting.

I mean just look at this year- we are using 33% less fuel and race pace is more or less the same when compared to last year. This engineering marvel
is what makes it the pinnacle of motorsport for me- it is not "just" the drivers.

5 races down, Hailton has won 4 in a row.  How is this any different to Vettel winning 9 in a row?  It isn't.

I remember the days of a good driver making the difference.  When Schumacher joined Ferrari at the end of 1995, he was considered as being worth something like half a second a lap.  You'd see him (and other drivers of that era) bringing total dogs of cars accross the finish line in positions that car had no business being in.  That is what I miss from F1, the driver making the difference.  Sure, the car always has and always will be a big factor but the driver needs to be worth more than they currently are.  Hungarian GP 1998 - mid race, Ross Brawn tells Schumacher he needs 21 qualifying laps to jump Hakkinen and the man did it.  This is the sort of stuff I want to see when I watch F1.  Not a 200mph procession where everyone is watching the fuel gauges and turning the engines down after 10 laps.

To me, it's F1 only in name as it is so watered down from what it used to be.

• Choymz likes this

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 15 May 2014 - 06:36 AM

Its only testing but lotus have some pace......

http://www.autosport...t.php/id/113958

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2014 - 08:05 AM

I wish that F1 had a larger following and got more coverage in the US. Kicks the sh*t out of NASCAR and Indy Car any day. 

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 17 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

Hey guys, 

Just updated the OP with latest standings, Take a look! Let me know if there are any mistakes or anything else you think I should add.

I'd like some help with making some header images, I'm no good for all the graphics stuff. Here's a link if you wanna help

Thanks!

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 May 2014 - 08:56 AM

Hey guys, 

Just updated the OP with latest standings, Take a look! Let me know if there are any mistakes or anything else you think I should add.

I'd like some help with making some header images, I'm no good for all the graphics stuff. Here's a link if you wanna help

Thanks!

Its fine  :colgate:

pokemon4ever
  • pokemon4ever

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 19 May 2014 - 03:14 AM Edited by pokemon4ever, 19 May 2014 - 03:26 AM.

Jack Braham passed away today at the age of 88 :(

He was a three time F1 champion and was the oldest living past F1 champion. A true motorsports legend that will be missed.

• am30 likes this

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2014 - 08:43 AM

R.I.P Jack, still the only person to win a world championship in a vehicle bearing his name.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 May 2014 - 09:43 AM

F*cking hell, GP2 drivers are retarded!

Eeshan
  • Eeshan

Old timer.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 24 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

It's qualifying day. Who do you think will be 3rd and 4th?

all knows who's gonna be on 1 and 2 -_-

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 25 May 2014 - 07:14 AM Edited by David., 25 May 2014 - 07:16 AM.

Well, that was funny. Rosbergs "mistake" ironically getting him pole.

Race should be entertaining. Maybe we will see Hamilton pulling a Senna like stunt on Rosberg???? :D Rain predictions are at 50% as well. Hopefully it's not a procession like last year.

Eeshan
  • Eeshan

Old timer.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:08 PM

Bad luck Hamilton, the teammate rivalry just got bitter. Did you noticed the body language... not a bad sign

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:07 PM

I reckon there might be an 'accident' between the Mercedes drivers soon....

Eeshan
  • Eeshan

Old timer.

• Members
  • Bangladesh

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:02 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=IQOH2UAaM4c

Nico and I aren't friends. - Lewis

Choymz
  • Choymz

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:15 AM

https://www.youtube....h?v=IQOH2UAaM4c

Nico and I aren't friends. - Lewis

Oh boy...

David.
  • David.

Street Cat

• Members
  • India

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:02 AM

Yeah, that doesn't look good at all. Lewis is unbelievably childish sometimes. Nico would at least congratulate him after the race...but this time Lewis didn't even do anything. Such poor sportsmanship.

In other news, Congratulations to Bianchi for getting their first point. Insane start by Raikkonen that was ruined by Chilton under the safety car. Bad luck for Vettel I guess.

Mercedes is gonna have a hard time avoiding an incident in the upcoming races I imagine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users