Official F1 Topic

2,452 replies to this topic
David.
  • David.

Prankster

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, I'm not really enjoying the Merc domination to be honest. I hope RB, Ferrari, McLaren & fifth unknown (Force India or Williams?) catch up pretty fast.

Hulkenberg was again up there in Malaysia, kudos to that guy, someone should get him a frontrunner ride!

Kimi had some bad luck, Mag colliding into him when he looked pretty good this weekend.

Also think Maldonado's crash was completely his own fault. He wasn't even on the racing line and I think Vergne had a puncture. Hope he crashes out every race. I just hate that guy, lol.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

Well, I'm not really enjoying the Merc domination to be honest. I hope RB, Ferrari, McLaren & fifth unknown (Force India or Williams?) catch up pretty fast.

Hulkenberg was again up there in Malaysia, kudos to that guy, someone should get him a frontrunner ride!

Kimi had some bad luck, Mag colliding into him when he looked pretty good this weekend.

Also think Maldonado's crash was completely his own fault. He wasn't even on the racing line and I think Vergne had a puncture. Hope he crashes out every race. I just hate that guy, lol.

Lol i beat Maldanado on a simulator, he really is there only cause' he has money.

Mark
  • Mark

Jesus hates you.

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 2 weeks ago

You don't win the 2012 Spanish GP being an untalented gentleman racer. Sims, while useful, still don't give you the full picture.

David.
  • David.

Prankster

• Members
  • India

Posted 2 weeks ago

^You're not Mark Webber, by an chance?  :panic:

Wow, I just found out Bahrain is gonna be a night race. That's why the timings are so weird.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Snitch

• Members

Posted 2 weeks ago

You don't win the 2012 Spanish GP being an untalented gentleman racer. Sims, while useful, still don't give you the full picture.

I know that i was just boasting :pp (It was F1 2013 lel), anyhow wait till europe for red bull,lotus etc to come back. Hopefully Renault gets that POS Power Unit working better, Red Bull do have the best chassis and aero going around but they've been hobbled dearly.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted A week ago

My prediction for Sunday.

Ricciardo is in second, battling for first when his engine blows in the second to last lap, forcing a retire. This leaves one of the Mercedes drivers wide open for another demolishing win. 

am30
  • am30

XBL - TheHiddenJackal

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago Edited by am30, A week ago.

Anyone else struggling to be interested in this season?  I've watched every season since 1994, and proabably a good few before that I can't remember, but I'm just really struggling to care.  I took no interest in the pre-season testing news, or the car releases.  I watched the Australian GP and have only watched half the Malaysian GP and can't be bothered to watch the remaining half.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted A week ago

Anyone else struggling to be interested in this season?  I've watched every season since 1994, and proabably a good few before that I can't remember, but I'm just really struggling to care.  I took no interest in the pre-season testing news, or the car releases.  I watched the Australian GP and have only watched half the Malaysian GP and can't be bothered to watch the remaining half.

I think it's because of the new regs. I'm rather new to F1 (started watching last season actually), and the changes don't make the racing feel weaker for me because of it. For those experienced, the new regs turned F1 on its head, weaker and quieter engines, turbo, more electrical components, it's almost a different sport. 

I think that these changes made or broke fans of the sport. 

David.
  • David.

Prankster

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

Me too, Ascend. I just started watching last season. Can't really understand all the hate online. As well as the noise problem too, I guess that's because I've never attended a GP live.

Anyway Q3 results:
16:02 Q3 result:

1 Rosberg
2 Hamilton
3 Ricciardo
4 Bottas
5 Perez
6 Raikkonen
7 Button
8 Massa
9 Magnussen
10 Alonso

Remember that Ric has a 10 place penalty so most of these guys start one place up. Particularly happy that Vettel didn't make it to Q3.

And atleast we're seeing some competition between Rosberg and Hamilton. Good to see Bottas in Q3 as well he should have a strong podium chance tomorrow.

My prediction for podium: Merc 1-2 Rosberg, Ham, Bottas and Perez fighting for 3. Ferrari can go last :p

am30
  • am30

XBL - TheHiddenJackal

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago

I think it's because of the new regs. I'm rather new to F1 (started watching last season actually), and the changes don't make the racing feel weaker for me because of it. For those experienced, the new regs turned F1 on its head, weaker and quieter engines, turbo, more electrical components, it's almost a different sport. 

I think that these changes made or broke fans of the sport. 

It's all this save fuel, save the engine, save the tyres, save the gearbox, have to use both compund of tyres rules.  I want to see the drivers pushing themselves and the cars to the limit every lap - I remember at the 1997 Hungarian GP, Schumacher was told he needed (I think) 20-odd qualifying laps mid-race to ensure he could get hit pit stop done and still get out ahead of Hakkinen, which he managed just by absolutely spanking the car round the track for lap after lap..  Driving like that is something we'll never see again.  It's not F1 anymore.

The funny thing about the engines is the drivers are setting faster lap times than they were last season.

My prediction for podium: Merc 1-2 Rosberg, Ham, Bottas and Perez fighting for 3. Ferrari can go last :p

Much that I like Rosberg, I hope the 2 Merc's take each other out.  Red Bull seriously need to get their fingers out, but it's not surprising they (and Ferrari) have dropped back seeing as they were both fighting for the championships last season.  Merc' have had more time to devote to developing this seasons car and engine.

David.
  • David.

Prankster

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago

OK. I'm kicking myself for missing this race. From what I heard Ham and Ros has an insane fight, right up to the last lap. Totally need to re-watch this race. Happy that no team orders came into the race(atleast not explicitily). Pretty awesome racing all around the field too, except for Maldonado, who looked like he's never driven an F1 car before.

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted A week ago

OK. I'm kicking myself for missing this race. From what I heard Ham and Ros has an insane fight, right up to the last lap. Totally need to re-watch this race. Happy that no team orders came into the race(atleast not explicitily). Pretty awesome racing all around the field too, except for Maldonado, who looked like he's never driven an F1 car before.

I missed out on it as well due to Archery practice, but I hear it was yet another Mercedes 1-2 and Pastor crashed into another car.

That guy...

But hey, at least Ricciardo didn't get screwed this time (excepting the 10 car penalty.)

SingularSoul
  • SingularSoul

Chillin' in the 'Santos sun.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago

WHAT. A. RACE.

Lots of action throughout the field. Watched it live on Sky, and I'm just waiting for the BBC's highlights to watch this evening :)

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

Tank Hankerous

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago Edited by Kuruma., A week ago.

That battle between Hamilton and Rosberg has to be some of the best racing we've had in a long time, there were good battles for the rest of the point scoring positions too. Shame about Mclaren though having to retire both of their cars.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted A week ago

That safety car made that race. All the battles after it went back in were great.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Snitch

• Members

Posted A week ago

It was a very good race and it had the return of the most feared f1 driver....

CRASHTOR Maldanado!

MALDONADO-SMASH.gif

AscendantWyvern
  • AscendantWyvern

Thug

• Members

Posted A week ago

BB4641DD1B71050DD28B914DC73366FB.jpg

If I could superimpose Pastor's image on this one...

Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England

Posted A week ago

Great race on Sunday. Love it when the teams allow the drivers to race each other makes it much more entertaining. I think it's going to be hard for teams to catch up to Mercedes in China.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Snitch

• Members

Posted A week ago

Two new entries for 2015 and beyond: http://www.autosport...t.php/id/113313

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

Tank Hankerous

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted A week ago

is that American guy the person who wanted to enter USF1 back in 2010 or is that somebody else? The other team owned by Colin Kolles was also supposed to enter in 2010 too I think, stefan gp they were called. 

Cool avatar btw.

Choymz
  • Choymz

Snitch

• Members

Posted A week ago Edited by Choymz, A week ago.

Thanks

is that American guy the person who wanted to enter USF1 back in 2010 or is that somebody else? The other team owned by Colin Kolles was also supposed to enter in 2010 too I think, stefan gp they were called. 

Cool avatar btw.

Thanks!

Mr Haas wasn't in charge of USF1 and Colin Kolles was with HRT at the start, Stefen has been trying for nearly 15+ years and still havnt got an entry, ill leave you to decide why..... :lol:

http://en.wikipedia....efan_Grand_Prix

AceKingston
  • AceKingston

Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner.

• Members
  • India

Posted A week ago Edited by AceKingston, A week ago.

Bahrain race was fantastic. Some great duels there. So glad that we (Force India) are off to a flyer this season and congrats to Perez for getting 3rd. Bit nervous at the end though, Ricciardo put up a good fight there.

Congrats to Hamilton, well deserved. Although Rosberg had some good chances to get in the lead.

Ricciardo has had the worst luck in the world this season so it's nice to see him get some points. Also I am enjoying slight schadenfreude at Vettel's shaky start this year.

David.
  • David.

Prankster

• Members
  • India

Posted 4 days ago Edited by David., 4 days ago.

What do you guys think about the rivalry between Hamilton and Rosberg?

I think Rosberg just got lucky in the end with the safety car as Hamilton was already building a gap. People are already saying we are going to see another Senna vs Prost, but imo Rosberg lacks that killer instinct Hamilton has. The number of times he backed out of a move as well as being forced off the track (which is legal as Lewis had the line) shows that he is not much of a risk taker. My guess of what's going to happen in the next race: Hamilton speeding off to lead the race and subsequently winning it, in absence of a safety car of course.

Oh forgot to add this as well. Having just watched the race again yesterday, somebody has clipped Vergne in the first lap.

Here's what he said on the radio, "Some guy in a lotus....absolutely mental". He also said something else which wasn't mentioned on the radio. "This guy was trying to kill me". We all know who that is :p

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users