Photo

Official F1 Topic

2,518 replies to this topic
Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Wooo! WEBRARRR. Championship standings are reminding me a lot of two years ago. Just hope Mark or Alonso can win the WDC this year and not Vettel again.

Also, again Maldonado shows himself as a complete noob. For a pay driver, he's costing Williams a lot of money.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

It was hilarious when Pastor came round to pit after his collision with Sergio. The entire crowd where I was (around Abbey/Club/Start finish straight) all booed him.

Great victory by Webber. Deffo a crowd favourite too. With Paul out and the McLarens sucking, most people in the crowds were cheering him on to take Fernando.

Seriously impressed with the Lotus pace, especially in the hands of Grosjean.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

Perez was pretty angry about the incident between him and Maldonado. He said that Maldonado doesn't respect other drivers and that he drives dangerously. It's also well known that many drivers are worried when they drive near Maldonado because anything can happen.

Maldonado got two penalties after the incident with Perez. A reprimand and he had to pay €10.000 if I remember correctly.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:09 PM

Correct. Man that guy got some abuse. I don't blame Perez for saying he needs a ban.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

Webber to stay with red bull for next year.
http://www.autosport...t.php/id/101114
I'm a bit disappointed. Would've been really cool to see him in a red car.
Any shake up would be good but this means Riccairdo will stay at STR. And I guess Ferrari will have to look for someone else -- Diresta? Lewis?

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:45 AM

Another one-year extension then. I think Red Bull made a good choice continuing with Webber. But who's going to replace Massa now? If nothing changes then it will be 2014 we see new drivers in top-teams.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Mark @ Monday, Jul 9 2012, 11:32)
It was hilarious when Pastor came round to pit after his collision with Sergio. The entire crowd where I was (around Abbey/Club/Start finish straight) all booed him.

Great victory by Webber. Deffo a crowd favourite too. With Paul out and the McLarens sucking, most people in the crowds were cheering him on to take Fernando.

How much did it cost for your ticket? What's the atmosphere like? I'm thinking about heading down next year.

Mark
  • Mark

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Tuesday, Jul 10 2012, 14:33)

How much did it cost for your ticket? What's the atmosphere like? I'm thinking about heading down next year.

Great fun. Cost me about £250 for General Admission for all 3 days. Very wet, though even the crowd were in good spirits when qualifying was red flagged for about an hour, that even goes for the likes of us who were uncovered. I'd probably go covered grandstand next time though, just for the extra peace of mind of not being rained on.

Atmosphere was great, albeit a little somber considering all the Brits did badly. It was pretty fun and lively at the campsite too.

Spent about £250 when there too. Altogether it probably cost me and the girlfriend £1k. Mind you, we didn't take any food or drink. If you can carry it, you could do the entire time without buying a single thing.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 July 2012 - 05:43 PM

I wonder if it will rain during the qualifying session in Hockenheim?

By the way, Grosjean and Rosberg both have a five place grid penalty. Interesting.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

And now Mark Webber also got such a penalty. I wonder when the last time was when there were three top guys with a grid penalty at the same time? This could open up for guys like Schumacher and Massa. I don't think we can count out Grosjean, Webber and Rosberg though. Five places isn't the end of the world and a guy like Webber could still start from Grid number 7-8 or something.

It started to rain when FP3 ended so perhaps there will be a wet qualifying and it might even rain more. It looks like it's going to be fine weather tomorrow though.

The__Phoenix
  • The__Phoenix

aka bud23

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:59 AM

Red Bull under investigation for illegal engine mapping.

"Red Bull are under investigation for illegal engine mapping and could be forced to start the German Grand Prix from the back of the grid. "

http://www.bbc.co.uk...rmula1/18943608

yeah,perfect for ferrari. biggrin.gif

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (Mark @ Thursday, Jul 19 2012, 22:01)
QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Tuesday, Jul 10 2012, 14:33)

Great fun. Cost me about £250 for General Admission for all 3 days. Very wet, though even the crowd were in good spirits when qualifying was red flagged for about an hour, that even goes for the likes of us who were uncovered. I'd probably go covered grandstand next time though, just for the extra peace of mind of not being rained on.

Atmosphere was great, albeit a little somber considering all the Brits did badly. It was pretty fun and lively at the campsite too.

Spent about £250 when there too. Altogether it probably cost me and the girlfriend £1k. Mind you, we didn't take any food or drink. If you can carry it, you could do the entire time without buying a single thing.

Wow, fairly expensive, although I would probably just go for race day. i also noticed on the BBC red button that they held a concert too, where they brought Eddie Jordon on stage lol

So yeah, I can pretty much imagine the carnival-like atmosphere, despite the bleak weather conditions.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 02:02 PM

Fernando Alonso scores the 30th victory of his career.

Too bad my favourite driver Schumacher only managed to be 7th. They should have taken at least Perez! Mercedes isn't so good in the races anymore and that's sad to see. Sauber and Lotus is clearly better in race pace.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 03:51 PM

Vettel gets a 20 second penalty for an illegal overtake on Jenson Button.

Instead of being second he's now fifth.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

I didn't get to see any of the racing this weekend but from the sounds of it Alonso still seems to be very quick. Glad to see Button had a better qualifying and race than he has been having for most of this season.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Yes, Alonso is performing very well nowadays and I think he's better than ever. He's the only driver with three victories this season and he's the only driver who has scored points in every race so far. Furthermore you always know that Alonso won't mess things up or make any big mistakes. He's in control and make the best of his car all the time. He also drives a very reliable car and there are seldom any technical problems with the Ferrari-car. The car's performance has been good for many race weekends now. Everything looks great.

Viperman
  • Viperman

Logically Horizontal

• Feroci Racing

Posted 23 July 2012 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (Redketman @ Sunday, Jul 22 2012, 15:51)
Vettel gets a 20 second penalty for an illegal overtake on Jenson Button.

Instead of being second he's now fifth.

As much as i agree on it being an illegal overtake. I think it harsh .with 20 seconds. Makes you wonder why at tracks like monza, where running 4 wheels of track is aloud because it makes the track longer, but yet penaltys were giving out in qualifying for the same reason. Likewise vettels pass.

Great race though!

theholyhandgrenade
  • theholyhandgrenade

"f*ck you andy pandy, I am the loop" - Malcom tucker

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 05:11 PM

It was a fantastic race. Im not a huge fan of fernando alonso but he is an amazingly good driver. The whole vettel thing was quite harsh i agree but if those are the rules they have to implement them. Although they (FIA) really needs to be a lot more consistent with their rulings.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:54 PM

Yes the Vettels penalty may have been a little bit harsh. Maybe a 5-seconds penalty would suit better; on the other hand there's no such thing in the rules I think, and Vettel could have let Button pass him. The penalty was pretty clear though. It looked like Vettel drove outside the track on purpose.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:16 PM

Hamilton on pole and Grosjean in 2nd, I think the start tomorrow will be very interesting, hopefully this time Grosjean can hold it together for the whole race.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 28 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

a pole for hamilton! it's been a while I think.....

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

It's tight in the Drivers' Championship:

1. Fernando Alonso 164
2. Mark Webber 124
3. Sebastian Vettel 122
4. Lewis Hamilton 117
5. Kimi Raikkönen 116

6. Nico Rosberg 77
7. Romain Grosjean 76
8. Jenson Button 76

Very important victory for Hamilton today indeed.

Overall I thought it didn't happen much in the 2012 Hungarian Grand Prix though.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

You know whats strange? Maldonado has only scored points twice this year. Bruno, on the other hand, has scored points six times!

The last time Maldonado scored points was when he won in Spain and that was a while ago.

GtA01
  • GtA01

Paramore <3

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

It was an okay race. Happy for Hamilton, though of course I'd loved for Alonso to win, since I support him and it's his birthday and all that. But anyway... Schui had a frankly dreadful race, I think its time to throw in the towel after this season. Kimi was a bit of a twat for forcing Grosjean off the track, but they both did well so.. yeah.

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Raikkonen is making some comeback isn't he? He's one of my favourite drivers. I just love his flat personality. I think it's hilarious how, even after winning a race, he's just like, "yeah well, who gives a sh*t. I can't really be arsed being here" lol

I think/hope he returns to Ferrari, replacing Massa.

Vercetti27
  • Vercetti27

Staunton Faction

• Members

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 19:15)
Raikkonen is making some comeback isn't he? He's one of my favourite drivers. I just love his flat personality. I think it's hilarious how, even after winning a race, he's just like, "yeah well, who gives a sh*t. I can't really be arsed being here" lol

he was second today though, if thats what you meant.

I dunno, I sort of liked it when he was at mclaren but now he just seems moody, fair play to him for not letting grosjean past and fighting to stay in touch with Hamilton but he seems so unsatisfied all the time

Lucchese
  • Lucchese

Cynical Prick

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Vercetti27 @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 19:19)
QUOTE (niko bellic half brother @ Sunday, Jul 29 2012, 19:15)

he was second today though, if thats what you meant.

I dunno, I sort of liked it when he was at mclaren but now he just seems moody, fair play to him for not letting grosjean past and fighting to stay in touch with Hamilton but he seems so unsatisfied all the time

I knew he came second today dude. I was just talking about him in general. He does appear pretty unsatisfied all the time, but thats what I find hilarious.

I mean all the other drivers jump about like crazed maniacs whenever they win - which is understandable. But kimi is just like..."oh well, who cares" lol

As much as I'd love him at Mclaren, I don't see Hamilton/Button going anywhere soon. However, I think it's pretty obvious Massa is on his way out of Ferrari, unless he somehow finishes on the podium in every race for the rest of the season. Highly unlikely.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:25 PM

Kimi was down because he came 2nd and not first -- professional athletes: always wanting more.

He'll win at spa.

And I wouldn't say he forced grosjean off -- that was precision driving, making sure the tires only touched flat against eachother.

But man I can really sense the tension brewing between vettel and webber again -- this is just like 2009.
I wonder if vettel would go to ferrari?

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:22 PM

Good to see F1 again although it has been raining almost the whole day at Spa-Francorchamps today.

From now one there will be three races a month!

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 31 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

By the way, Kimi will either win at Spa or retire from the race if we look at historically stats.

He retired from the race in 2001 and 2002. He won at Spa in 2004, 2005 and 2007. He retired once again in 2008 but won in 2009. In 2003 and 2006 there was no Belgian Grand Prix.

Many people think Kimi is the favourite for victory this weekend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users