Photo

Official F1 Topic

2,532 replies to this topic
Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

I like bagels. They're better than you.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:56 AM

I think it's going to be Hamilton/Button, Vettel/Rosberg, and Schumacher/Maldonado

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 02:59 AM

What about Alonso and Webber?

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:31 AM

Forgot about Webber icon14.gif Alonso just doesn't have it with the car right now.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:05 AM

Another brilliant session from the Mclarens. But the best part is that Schumacher qualified in third position! The difference between him and the Mclarens also wasn't big at all. Hopefully Mercedes can clinch the Pole Position eventually. And now I really hope that Schumacher can finnish the race in at least Top-5.

MrDanceWithLance
  • MrDanceWithLance

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:58 AM

I wonder when Schumi will get his first race win since returning to the track. He hasn't got a single podium finish yet. I hope he breaks his duck soon.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

That was another great race today, but I fell asleep during the red flag and woke up a few laps after the retsart so missed the whole Button thing. I was rooting for perez at the end, unfortunately he just couldn't pass Alonso although I'm happy for ferrari.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:26 PM

Yes it sure was a great race today. I find it very funny that Alonso wins the race while his teammate Massa battles for 15th-16th position. The team must get rid of the Brazilian driver instantly. Driver of day was of course Sergio Perez. Really impressing performance by the Mexican.

Mercedes still struggles in race situations. Well, at least Schumacher managed to score 1 point..

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

• Members

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:17 PM

f*cking HRTs cost Button a podium. They just need to get out of F1, they're like a moving chicane at every race. At least Caterham and Marussia are improving.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 March 2012 - 05:57 PM

Would have been sooooo awesome if Perez won earlier this evening.

Only found out what his face looked like when he showed up at the presser, already like him more than Alonso.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 14 April 2012 - 07:13 AM

Front row for Mercedes in China. icon14.gif

Wow that was a very tight qualifying today. Three tenths between 1 and 10 in Q2. Rosberg totally destroyed everyone in Q3 though.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 14 April 2012 - 02:43 PM

I haven't seen a single qualifying session yet this season because of the times which is a shame because they sound really close and interesting. At least I'll be seeing them when the european grands prix come. I also didn't know rosberg had never been on pole before, congratulations to him.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:40 AM

Man, I have never seen Schumacher have so much bad luck in his career. This was the third race in a row where something bad happened to Schumacher.

Congratulations to Rosberg. He scored his maiden win.

It was a very tight race today with a very big pack of cars racing together. For example, Kimi lost 10 places in just one or two laps when his tyres lost all its potential.

I also like this circuit. It has special corners, a long straight where the cars really can overtake each other and they can also race very tight and make comeback-maneuvers and so on. Overall it is also a very beautiful circuit, don't you think?

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

• Members

Posted 15 April 2012 - 07:48 PM

That was an incredible race, lots of overtaking and close, tight, racing. Good win for Rosberg, he deserved it. On another note, the Williams cars did tremendous today, and the Sauber's had decent drives as well.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Overall it is also a very beautiful circuit, don't you think?

Eventhough it's really wide I still think it's really difficult to overtake around there. Not one of my favourites.

But a great race. Great to see a new winner -- and the field be so mixed up compared to last year.
I'm going to stake my tent peg right now and say that I think Button will take out the WDC.

I'm loving seeing Kimi have a car as competitive as it is. I think he learned a lot about the tyres this weekend.
Also great to see Webber beating Vettel.
Here's another prediction: Webber to Ferrari as Alnso's no.2 for the start of 2013.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (Barry Spock @ Monday, Apr 16 2012, 22:22)
Overall it is also a very beautiful circuit, don't you think?

Eventhough it's really wide I still think it's really difficult to overtake around there. Not one of my favourites.

I've aired my h8 for Hermann Tilke tracks a lot ITT, but holy heck I hate Hermann Tilke and his tracks.

h8.

ed: ESPECIALLY VALENCIA. ESPECIALLY.

Nick Foster
  • Nick Foster

• Members

Posted 16 April 2012 - 02:23 PM

Nobody likes Valencia... lol

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:55 AM

Yeah, Valencia is the most hated circuit in F1. I made a poll about Tilke-circuits on a swedish F1-forum one week ago and 15 people out of 27 think that Valencia is the worst Tilke-circuit. Bahrain and Yas Marina Circuit have 4 votes each at the moment. 19 people think Sepang is the best Tilke-circuit and I agree with that. My second pick is probably Shanghai or maybe Singapore.

I think Sepang, Shanghai and Singapore are the good Tilke-circuits.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 April 2012 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Redketman @ Tuesday, Apr 17 2012, 06:55)
Yeah, Valencia is the most hated circuit in F1. I made a poll about Tilke-circuits on a swedish F1-forum one week ago and 15 people out of 27 think that Valencia is the worst Tilke-circuit. Bahrain and Yas Marina Circuit have 4 votes each at the moment. 19 people think Sepang is the best Tilke-circuit and I agree with that. My second pick is probably Shanghai or maybe Singapore.

I think Sepang, Shanghai and Singapore are the good Tilke-circuits.

Turkey is the best. Such a shame they got rid of it.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 April 2012 - 06:23 AM

Come back to Adelaide, c*nts.

Seriously though I don't see how they're going to fit all these potential races in the future. Two in the US, Korea, India and a handful of others that weren't on the schedule five years ago. iirc they have a labour agreement to limit the amount of rounds in a season.

There's that course in Russia they're going to use for motogp as well.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

The cars are running in Bahrain's Free Practice 2 at the moment. By the way, I think it's a relief that they have skipped that extra part they raced on in 2010. That part really sucked because it was so slow and the Pole Position lap was almost 2 minutes long.

Furthermore, I demand a problem-free race weekend for Schumacher this time! I hope he can get another front row start and at least a Top-5 finnish in the race.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 11:40 AM

It's looking good for Mercedes at the moment. Rosberg 1st and Schumacher 3rd with 50 minutes left. I wouldn't be suprised if Hamilton is the favourite for Pole Position though. Mclaren also was fastest in the first Practice session. The Ferraris are way behind. I guess it's going to be tough to get into Q3 this time too.

By the way, I don't expect Jenson Button to grab the Pole Position. Surprisingly he hasn't started in first position since he joined Mclaren. Also, I wonder if Webber can beat Vettel once again?

CheesyJ
  • CheesyJ

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

I can still see Vettel improving as time goes on and going on to win the drivers title. It won't be as easy as last season for him and I see Button and Hamilton running him very close, with McLaren maybe nicking the drivers title.

I hope I'm wrong though, as I don't want to see Vettel win it again.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 April 2012 - 02:00 PM

Bad luck for Schumacher once again! He didn't manage to get into Q2 because the team made stupid decisions and might have had technical problems. Schumacher doesn't deserve this situation of bad luck and it might be a tough race tomorrow. sad.gif

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:55 AM

Hopefully it will be an interesting race today. In the GP2 races there have been much action and many overtakes. In the latest Bahrain GP in 2010 things weren't so exciting though. By the way, I must say that this circuit isn't that bad. There are some nice parts even though the whole circuit is located in a desert-like area. And as I said, in GP2 there are chances of good racing.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:14 PM

I'm disappointed, I wanted raikkonen to win. Still a very exciting race however.

Redketman
  • Redketman

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

Very Interesting race today. It's also very tight in the Driver's Championship now.

What I find very fascinating is that Webber has four consecutive forth-place finishes. In fact he has 17 third-or-forth finishes in the last 22 races. He's very consistent. Maybe he can win the Championsip if he starts to finish in third position in every race from now on. smile.gif He's only 5 points behind Vettel who's the championship leader now.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 22 April 2012 - 02:57 PM

quite the kerfuffle in the pits for mclaren, pretty disappointing for the brits.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 22 April 2012 - 05:14 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Sunday, Apr 22 2012, 15:57)
quite the kerfuffle in the pits for mclaren, pretty disappointing for the brits.

I thought Paul Di resta had a good race finishing 6th for force india and starting from 10th on the grid, mclaren had a shocking race though.

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 23 April 2012 - 08:28 AM

Kimi misses winning by a couple of seconds - aw hell no!

still, great result. Really am a bit surprised to see the Lotus so strong. When ICEMAN joined that team I thought it'd be a year of averageness for him.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 April 2012 - 12:59 PM

God damnit, shouldn't have come here.
Now i know Kimi doesn't win *sigh*.
It's just airing in Australia now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users