Photo

Does use of cheats prevent the game from being

14 replies to this topic
poinpioa
  • poinpioa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:10 AM

I think I activated the armour and max health and $250k cheat HESOYAM early in the game on the 2nd bike ride....

Then when I arrived for the first haircut all the cuts looked totally the same.
Is that because the cheat was in place?

Also when I tried to save the game it wanred me that it had detected a cheat and asked me not to save the game.

Does use of cheats prevent the game storyline from being finished or special features from being activated? (like hairstyle, food, other cities)

Great Saiyaman
  • Great Saiyaman

Coming Soon...

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:23 AM

heres some advice, NEVER use the riot cheat and save even if you deactivate it, the game will always be crapped, and by crapped i mean that later in las venturas you wont be able to finish a certain mission, any other cheats do not affect the gameplay

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (Great Saiyaman @ Mar 9 2008, 10:53)
heres some advice, NEVER use the riot cheat and save even if you deactivate it, the game will always be crapped, and by crapped i mean that later in las venturas you wont be able to finish a certain mission, any other cheats do not affect the gameplay

You can, however, bypass certain missions using Demarest's Mission Passers.
But that may take out the fun of doing the mission yourself. So, not saving with cheats is always a good idea.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:28 PM

Generally Cheats will not prevent you from finishing the game.
Cheats Might cause corrupted save files which will prevent playing the game from that save point.

Search the forum for more. There are lots of topics covering cheats.

I would say only use a cheat if you need to practice something (like flying the Hydra) and DON'T save after you have the skill. then continue from a clean save.

Play the game honestly for the first completion. Then Go Wild if you want during a replay.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:31 PM

If your cheat count hits 500 before you finish the story missions, things will turn pear-shaped from there.

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:56 PM

Cheat more than 500 times and you can't do the Madd Dogg mission. It happened to me.

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:49 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ Mar 10 2008, 05:26)
Cheat more than 500 times and you can't do the Madd Dogg mission. It happened to me.

Are you guys talking about consoles (PS2 & XBOX)?
Because this kind of thing doesn't happen on the PC. The first time I played SA, I cheated over 2000 times; but I could get to 100% without any blockages.
So, if what you are saying is true, it must be only for consoles.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude)
BINGO!

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:31 AM Edited by zmoonchild, 11 March 2008 - 12:26 PM.

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 10 2008, 02:25)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude)
BINGO!

That is incorrect.
There is only one cheat that makes the Madd Dogg mission impossible to pass, thatís the Peds Attack Each Other cheat.
Itís not the Riot Mode cheat or any other cheat.
Itís not 500 or more cheats that cause it, unless at least one of those cheats was the Peds Attack Each Other cheat.

I have confirmed this, and OrionSR and pdescobar have both confirmed this as well.

I confirmed this by applying multiple different cheats and then attempting the mission, yes 500+.

OrionSR and pdescobar are both experts in coding.

For those on this topic who disagree with me, then please provide information to back up your claim.
Just stating something is so, doesnít make it so.
I could say that the ocean is pink and the sky is green, but that doesnít make it so.

Also, I want to emphasize that I donít use cheats, and that this was an extreme circumstance that I needed break that rule so that I could check it out and see if there was some sort of a solution to fix it, because so many people were having problems trying to pass that mission.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

zmoonchild is correct, I tested it too on the PC Version. On my save, I cheated a load of times, and I did not enter Peds Attack Each Other. And the mission was still passable.

But then on my second save, I entered the Peds attack each other cheat, the only cheat on that save, and then Madd Dogg mission was not passable for me on that save.

devilrock28
  • devilrock28

Homie

• Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ Mar 9 2008, 18:56)

Great, my brother cheated over 3000 times and saved! My game is completely DESTROYED!

EDIT: He saved on my game file!

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 13 March 2008 - 12:57 AM

You can get a brand new save file from anywhere in the game from my V1 and V2 saves here. wink.gif

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 13 March 2008 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (devilrock28 @ Mar 12 2008, 17:43)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ Mar 9 2008, 18:56)

Great, my brother cheated over 3000 times and saved! My game is completely DESTROYED!

EDIT: He saved on my game file!

Did you even read what I had posted?
As long as none of those cheats were the Peds Attack Each Other cheat, then you have nothing to worry about.

You can cheat as many times as you want and still pass the Madd Dogg mission.

Grand Theft Auto Dude was incorrect when he posted that comment about 500+ cheats making it impossible to pass the Madd Dogg mission.

It gets to be a major problem when some people post erroneous information, then others believe it to be true, then after that, everyone believes it.

I wish people would stop posting false information. icon13.gif

Grand Theft Auto Dude
  • Grand Theft Auto Dude

• Members

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:38 AM

My God, zmoonchild. We are only posting what we know. We're not all expert coders. Besides, I have never entered the 'Peds Attack Each Other' cheat anyway. I couldn't do the Madd Dogg mission. I cheated around 1,500 times. I did the game again. I cheated 100 times. I passed the mission. I own the very first PS2 version, not a PC version with updates and patches. I wish people would stop pretending they knew everything. icon13.gif

Girish
  • Girish

• India

Posted 14 March 2008 - 11:55 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Auto Dude @ Mar 14 2008, 16:08)
My God, zmoonchild. We are only posting what we know. We're not all expert coders. Besides, I have never entered the 'Peds Attack Each Other' cheat anyway. I couldn't do the Madd Dogg mission. I cheated around 1,500 times. I did the game again. I cheated 100 times. I passed the mission. I own the very first PS2 version, not a PC version with updates and patches. I wish people would stop pretending they knew everything. icon13.gif

Whatever Zoom has said is absolutely correct for the PC version. However, since two of you have stated the exact same thing for the PS2 version, I'm thinking that you might be correct about the no. of cheats affecting the game, but only for the PS2 version.
Still, I think I'll need a few more confirmations from other PS2 users before I'm convinced.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users