» «
Photo

Traffic

10 replies to this topic
kevinm07
  • kevinm07

Grand Theft Auto: Dublin

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:09 PM Edited by kevinm07, 07 March 2008 - 08:24 PM.

user posted image

In this screenshot we see that the road is jammed with cars which may seem problematic when in a high speed chase with the cops or on a mission but it looks like the roads are wider allowing us to maintain our speed and squeeze through the middle without smashing into one of the cars unlike previous GTAs..i think this is an excellent addition.....

Mad Tony
  • Mad Tony

Commisioner

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

The roads will probably only be jammed like that at Rush Hour times
and in and around routes to and from Algonquin.

Something else I thought I'd point out...

The car in front of the Taxi on the right hand side of the road near the middle looks like
a knock-off a Lincoln Town Car.

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • Winner of Euro 2008 Prediction League

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:11 PM

I thought it was great that the roads were chocker just like real life New York, it will be more of a challenge escaping from police and rival gang members.

I was more worried about the lack of pedestrians on the pavement.

Californian
  • Californian

LocoLowCo.

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:12 PM

It won't be a problem, looks like you can still go thru the middle. Also, i will probably have loads of fun running on foot trying to get away.

dlx
  • dlx

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:18 PM

hmm... I don't see the problem... even if you can't go trough the middle.

rasomaso
  • rasomaso

...when you die you're just getting rid of that old body.

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:20 PM

I counted about 25 cars. Sounds great. icon14.gif

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Interlude With Ludes

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:27 PM

That's exactly the type of traffic they need to make this feel like New York. Adds more life to the city, and makes it seem all the more believable. Don't worry though, expect the traffic to slow down at night. Even Times Square quiets down after midnight.

Anyway, like Seddo said, the lack of pedestrians is worrying.

ryder4lyfe
  • ryder4lyfe

k3n$t3r

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:32 PM

QUOTE (Mad Tony @ Mar 7 2008, 20:11)
The roads will probably only be jammed like that at Rush Hour times
and in and around routes to and from Algonquin.

Something else I thought I'd point out...

The car in front of the Taxi on the right hand side of the road near the middle looks like
a knock-off a Lincoln Town Car.

yep, it is (:

Love traffic jams, makes it more realistic and modern-life.

kevinm07
  • kevinm07

Grand Theft Auto: Dublin

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Mar 7 2008, 20:27)
That's exactly the type of traffic they need to make this feel like New York. Adds more life to the city, and makes it seem all the more believable. Don't worry though, expect the traffic to slow down at night. Even Times Square quiets down after midnight.

Yeh i hope theres plenty of cars on some roads during the day but i hope theres room to drive through the middle at high speeds...id say there would be a lot of pedrestians around Star Junction,the Financial District and the amusements at Carney Island and a lot of dodgy characters around Bohan and parts of Broker....

Metalhead4
  • Metalhead4

I eat green berets for breakfast

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

Yeah I don't think ped population is gonna be a big issue. That doesn't seem like it would be a highly populated area. I guarantee big busy and main streets will have tons of people, especially times square.

Vanilla Shake
  • Vanilla Shake

Interlude With Ludes

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 07 March 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (kevinm07 @ Mar 7 2008, 15:37)
QUOTE (Vanilla Shake @ Mar 7 2008, 20:27)

Yeh i hope theres plenty of cars on some roads during the day but i hope theres room to drive through the middle at high speeds...id say there would be a lot of pedrestians around Star Junction,the Financial District and the amusements at Carney Island and a lot of dodgy characters around Bohan and parts of Broker....

There'll definitely be a lot of pedestrians all over Algonquin, as Manhattan is packed in real life. Just check out the Whiz Mobile video and you'll see a group of people crossing the street. Looks just like Manhattan, there's alway a large group of people crossing the busier streets.

And there will definitely be some dodgy people in Algonquin too. Whackjobs aren't borough exclusive, just a little less frequent in Manhattan, until nightfall that is. Or just wait until midnight and take the subway. You're sure to encounter some loonies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users