Photo

IPL Helper - Blue Edition

166 replies to this topic
xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:31 PM Edited by xmen, 22 July 2008 - 06:11 AM.

user posted image

IPL Helper - Blue Edition (BETA)

Top Most Screenshots :

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

user posted image

Top Most Features :

-New Stylish Look
-Open upto 30 IPLs at a time (in Tabs)
-Read/Write binary IPLs (i.e. Decompile/Compile binary IPLs)
-Less chance of errors
-Jump Placer
-ID Checker (to findout undefined IDs)
-IPL Checker (to findout errors in IPL, supports all IPL contents)
-IPL Info (supports all IPL contents)
-Intellisence, Fast, Accurate and Safe
-More Flexible, Easy to use
-Change Font, Color, Auto-Save Interval, etc

BETA 2

CHANGES
-Added comments option
-Added copy, paste etc options
-Fixed Enex Placer
-Fixed JumpPlacer
-Fixed Vehicle Placer
-Fixed List of line(s)
-Fixed decimals (i.e. 0.000000)
-Fixed rotation
-Fixed Input Fields
-Fixed other small bugs
-Updated Info Vault

BETA 3

CHANGES
-Fixed Vehicle Placer (Added radian)
-Fixed Weapon Placer (Fixed bug)
-Fixed Jump Placer (Fixed bugs and image)
-Fixed Enex Placer (Added unknown field, added a tooltip, replaced fields)
-Fixed Garage Placer (Increased Width, added a tooltip)
-Fixed Audio Placer (Added a tooltip)

BETA 4

CHANGES
-Added Multiple Open and Drag Down Feature
-Added Enex Type Editor
-Fixed Application Running Error
-Fixed Enex Placer
-Fixed GUI (overlapping etc)
-Fixed Info Vault
-Fixed IPL Checker
-Fixed Lines List
-Fixed Rotation
-Fixed Vehicle Placer
-Fixed Some Internal Bugs

BETA 5

CHANGES
-Added LOD Placer
-Added New Settings
-Added Sorting Option (even LODs assigned)
-Fixed ENEX PLACER
-Fixed GARAGE PLACER
-Fixed VEHICLE PLACER
-Fixed ZONE PLACER
-Fixed GUI Bugs
and more new features added

Last version : 5 Beta 5
Download *
Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86) if it crash

Compact Guide

TESTED BY

Name
Testing Level
xmen
Deep
JohnPro
Normal

TESTERS ARE WELCOME, PLEASE REPORT IF ANY BUG FOUND.

*Last updated : 8th July 2008

P.I.M.P_PL
  • P.I.M.P_PL

GMAS TEAM LEADER(FANGTA SECONDARY ACCOUNT)

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 07:29 PM

wow great tool men. Maybe you can add some time with who you plained publish this tool to download??

X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Mar 7 2008, 17:31)
                                        user posted image

IPL Helper - Blue Edition (BETA)

Top Most Screenshots :

user posted image

Top Most Features :

-New Stylish Look
-Open upto 30 IPLs at a time (in Tabs)
-Read/Write binary IPLs
-Less chance of errors
-Jump Placer
-ID Checker (to findout undefined IDs)
-IPL Checker (to findout errors in IPL, supports all IPL contents)
-IPL Info (supports all IPL contents)
-Intellisence, Fast, Accurate and Safe
-More Flexible, Easy to use
-Change Font, Color, Auto-Save Interval, etc

Tutorial will be available soon on forum topic...
DOWNLOAD (soon) wink.gif

Is there a helper for create car Spawn lines in Binary IPLs?

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:13 AM Edited by xmen, 08 March 2008 - 01:23 AM.

Maybe you can add some time with who you plained publish this tool to download??

I have sent files, i hope it will be available soon

yeah, this version can write binary cool.gif

X_ATP_X
  • X_ATP_X

GTA United Scripter

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:30 AM

QUOTE (xmen @ Mar 8 2008, 01:13)
Maybe you can add some time with who you plained publish this tool to download??

I have sent files, i hope it will be available soon

yeah, this version can write binary cool.gif

Very Good Work xmen. icon14.gif

Have you already an Release date?

Arvis
  • Arvis

Li'l G Loc

• The Yardies

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, good work, another useful tool. icon14.gif

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:46 PM

Have you already an Release date?

hmmm.... i hope it will be approved in 24 hrs

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci Racing
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:02 PM

Jump Placer
user posted image

Does that format work as expected? To be honest, I'm not really sure if it makes a difference, but the opcode conversion from center point and radius to corner coordinates always encodes the left, front, lower corner and then the right, back, top corner for each zone. This is always the first thing I check whenever my jumps aren't functioning properly so I've never had a working IPL jump that didn't follow this convention. Even if this format does produce a working jump, I'd prefer to use the same encoding as the opcode so the jump records appear identical in the save file using either method. Or maybe I'm just not looking at the image correctly. I suppose if the box was rotated a bit then everything works out as expected. I guess I'll just have to try it out and see how it works. Thanks. I've been looking forward to this tool.

I'd like to suggest a couple of additional features of the Jump Placer Tool. Include a diagnostic option that writes the IPL lines required to place a small object at each corner of the zone. Occasionally I find it much easier to use the center point and radius format used by the jump opcode to estimate my jump zones. Also, once I've finished testing the IPL jump I usually convert it to the opcode format so it can be included in the startup script. It would be very useful if the Jump Placer could use either format and convert between them on the fly.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:02 PM

Does that format work as expected?

its using your jump Fomat so i think it should work

i didnt check it thats why i released Beta version

I'd like to suggest a couple of additional features of the Jump Placer Tool. Include a diagnostic option that writes the IPL lines required to place a small object at each corner of the zone. Occasionally I find it much easier to use the center point and radius format used by the jump opcode to estimate my jump zones. Also, once I've finished testing the IPL jump I usually convert it to the opcode format so it can be included in the startup script. It would be very useful if the Jump Placer could use either format and convert between them on the fly.

what you wanna say nervous.gif :confused: ????

Hollaz
  • Hollaz

Bleh.

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:11 PM

great work xmen! icon14.gif

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:16 PM

thanks dudes

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:18 AM Edited by OrionSR, 09 March 2008 - 11:22 AM.

user posted image

I'll see if I can explain my confusion. It would appear that the 1st corner of the starting zone, the 1st set of coordinates in the line, has a Y and Z value that is greater than the Y and Z value for the 2nd set of coordinates. I'm expecting the 1st corner to be the left-front-lower corner so that Xmin, Ymin, and Zmin are always less than Xmax, Ymax, and Zmax. The only way this setup would encode things as expected is if North is to the left in the jump image instead of towards the back, but then I wouldn't be able to read the image from left to right on the IPL line.

Jump Diagnostic Objects: When the jump doesn't work as expected, or when I'm cleaning up the slack and trying to get the jump zone tighter to the ramp or landing area, I find it very useful to place temporary objects in each corner in order to better visualize the zones. The 4 sets of corner coordinates are copied as required to generate the coordinates for 16 objects. It takes a while to get all the object line correct and the process is prone to errors. I'd do it more often if it wasn't such a hassle. When I looked at the screenshot of your jump placer tool it seemed to be very well suited for generating the IPL lines required for placing these temporary objects. What I envision is a Diagnostic Object button with some predefined objects (bottle, cylinder, barrel, light, bouy, etc) and a place to enter any object ID. This would generate the lines for 16 objects, 17 if you want to include the camera positional as well, all based on the specifications of the new jump.

Would it help if I posted some working IPL jumps to use as an example?

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 March 2008 - 01:40 PM Edited by xmen, 09 March 2008 - 03:37 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 9 2008, 16:48)
user posted image

I'll see if I can explain my confusion. It would appear that the 1st corner of the starting zone, the 1st set of coordinates in the line, has a Y and Z value that is greater than the Y and Z value for the 2nd set of coordinates. I'm expecting the 1st corner to be the left-front-lower corner so that Xmin, Ymin, and Zmin are always less than Xmax, Ymax, and Zmax. The only way this setup would encode things as expected is if North is to the left in the jump image instead of towards the back, but then I wouldn't be able to read the image from left to right on the IPL line.

Jump Diagnostic Objects: When the jump doesn't work as expected, or when I'm cleaning up the slack and trying to get the jump zone tighter to the ramp or landing area, I find it very useful to place temporary objects in each corner in order to better visualize the zones. The 4 sets of corner coordinates are copied as required to generate the coordinates for 16 objects. It takes a while to get all the object line correct and the process is prone to errors. I'd do it more often if it wasn't such a hassle. When I looked at the screenshot of your jump placer tool it seemed to be very well suited for generating the IPL lines required for placing these temporary objects. What I envision is a Diagnostic Object button with some predefined objects (bottle, cylinder, barrel, light, bouy, etc) and a place to enter any object ID. This would generate the lines for 16 objects, 17 if you want to include the camera positional as well, all based on the specifications of the new jump.

Would it help if I posted some working IPL jumps to use as an example?

ah....damn, i think you were talking about the line in that screenshot, buddy that was just an example to show the line, not a working one.
as you said Xmax must be greater than Xmin, then i thought so but there may be a chance of unknown errors...so i think it should be as it is... smile.gif

and about Jump Diagnostic Objects, i will add this function, good idea wink.gif

edited :
temp Download available

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:04 PM Edited by OrionSR, 09 March 2008 - 07:37 PM.

I downloaded the file and tried to install but got a .net framework error. It appears that my .net framework is newer than the one used for this tool. I'm not sure I want to downgrade my framework to use the jump placer, but I am somewhat anxious to try it out.

Added: Since you seem to understand the coding requirements let's assume for now that the IPL line will be written correctly. I took a look at the IPL line in the screenshot but the data didn't appear to be valid - just an example line. However, there were no logic errors; what was there might make a very tiny jump just below the field in Blueberry Acres (too many zeros).

Here are a few example IPL jumps in the LS area. The Isolated Mound is in the middle of the field near the start of the Wu Zi Mu race; on the hill by the river. The Andromeda will spawn between the runways at the LS airport - jump it using the obvious ramps. Jump the road to the Santa Maria pier using the stairs and landing in the parking lot in front of the Santa Maria Beach House.

CODE
jump
1431.5, -189.75, 31.0, 1435.5, -187.75, 35.0, 1360.0, -322.0, -1, 1440.0, -275.0, 5.0, 1446.567,  -209.14, 41.4, 1000 // Isolated Mound
1876.5, -2546.0, 15.5, 1880.5, -2540.0, 19.0, 1955.0, -2555.0, 12.5, 1990.0, -2532.0, 14.5, 1940.5, -2523.0, 16.5, 1000 // Andromeda Jump
405.0, -1805.5, 6.0, 410.0, -1798.5, 9.0, 309.0, -1817.0, 3.0, 355.0, -1791.0, 5.0, 369.75, -1806.75, 19.75, 1000 // Yacht Harbor Sign
end
# vehicle supplement for testing (and the Hunter because I like how it's parked)
cars
1940.0, -2545.043, 13.58173, 0, 592, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, 20000 //Andromeda
317.5, -1760.0, 12.77344, 0, 425, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, 20000 //Santa Maria Hunter
2243.425, -1258.118, 23.95037, 4.71, 522, -1, -1, 1, 0, 0, -1, 20000 //Jefferson NRG
end

I'm finding it difficult to explain my difficulties with the jump tool interface. I think this is mostly because the 5 required points aren't labeled.

1st set of 3 values on the line are startXmin, startYmin, and startZmin which define point start_min
2nd set of 3 values define: start_max
3rd set of 3 values define: land_min
4th set of 3 values define: land_max
5th set of 3 values define: camera_point

Hypothetical:

So I find a good jump, take some readings, and I'm ready to enter my coordinates in the Jump Placer. Which box do I fill in for start_min? I would think that I would enter the data in the 1st box, the box on the upper left. But the upper left box has greater Y and Z values. To get the math to work out as expected the start_min coordinates would be entered in the 2nd box - bottom-center. Start_max in the upper-left box, land_min bottom-right, land_max in the upper-center, and camera way off in the far upper left.

I generate the IPL line and try to double check my data to make sure everything is correct. When I read the new IPL line from left to right I need to visually jump back and forth from bottom-center to top-left, etc. instead of reading the boxes left to right along with the IPL line.

Finally, if Start_min is in the bottom-center then north and south is left to right in your interface. I find this to be visually confusing. I'm expecting left to right to represent west to east and far and near to represent north and south. If start_min was placed in the bottom-left (...) land_max in the upper-right then the interface would be much more intuitive. And I guess logically the camera would be far to the right - at the end of the IPL line, but I seriously doubt there will be that much confusion about where the camera coordinates should be entered.

On a side note for documentation: We should keep an eye out for the maximum limit for the jump rewards. I think very large numbers can be entered and calculated accurately, but frequently the numbers displayed on the screen don't match the values added to CJ's cash if they get large enough. I had some notes on this but forgot where I put them.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 01:39 AM Edited by xmen, 10 March 2008 - 01:42 AM.

I downloaded the file and tried to install but got a .net framework error. It appears that my .net framework is newer than the one used for this tool. I'm not sure I want to downgrade my framework to use the jump placer, but I am somewhat anxious to try it out.

i used .Net Framework 2.0 because many pc have already installed, but that dont mean that if you use newer version then it wont work, im using 3.0 and its working without any error... is it working now????

I took a look at the IPL line in the screenshot but the data didn't appear to be valid - just an example line. However, there were no logic errors; what was there might make a very tiny jump just below the field in Blueberry Acres (too many zeros).

ohhh....buddy you didnt read my previous post correctly, i said that its just an example, not a working one, mean that line is just to show that how it will look in screenshot....

I'm finding it difficult to explain my difficulties with the jump tool interface. I think this is mostly because the 5 required points aren't labeled.

1st set of 3 values on the line are startXmin, startYmin, and startZmin which define point start_min
2nd set of 3 values define: start_max
3rd set of 3 values define: land_min
4th set of 3 values define: land_max
5th set of 3 values define: camera_point

Hypothetical:

So I find a good jump, take some readings, and I'm ready to enter my coordinates in the Jump Placer. Which box do I fill in for start_min? I would think that I would enter the data in the 1st box, the box on the upper left. But the upper left box has greater Y and Z values. To get the math to work out as expected the start_min coordinates would be entered in the 2nd box - bottom-center. Start_max in the upper-left box, land_min bottom-right, land_max in the upper-center, and camera way off in the far upper left.

I generate the IPL line and try to double check my data to make sure everything is correct. When I read the new IPL line from left to right I need to visually jump back and forth from bottom-center to top-left, etc. instead of reading the boxes left to right along with the IPL line.

Finally, if Start_min is in the bottom-center then north and south is left to right in your interface. I find this to be visually confusing. I'm expecting left to right to represent west to east and far and near to represent north and south. If start_min was placed in the bottom-left (...) land_max in the upper-right then the interface would be much more intuitive. And I guess logically the camera would be far to the right - at the end of the IPL line, but I seriously doubt there will be that much confusion about where the camera coordinates should be entered.

yeah i know, for a while forget everything, everylogic
just remember left-right and up-down directions of 2D
if your jump direction is left to right, then that image will help you alot but if your jump direction is right to left then it will confuse, just flip that image in mind and work, in this time the max will less than min thats why i didnt put any restriction, same with down-up and up-down directions, buddy this is a 2d image so it cannot rotate in Z angle,

Which box do I fill in for start_min?

user posted image

arrow is making sense, Blue is min, Green is max;)

On a side note for documentation: We should keep an eye out for the maximum limit for the jump rewards. I think very large numbers can be entered and calculated accurately, but frequently the numbers displayed on the screen don't match the values added to CJ's cash if they get large enough. I had some notes on this but forgot where I put them.

oh.. thats the real error....and will be corrected soon but what is the maximum value of reward ?????

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:25 AM Edited by OrionSR, 10 March 2008 - 09:14 AM.

In your example Z is greater in the blue than in green no matter how the box is rotated.

user posted image

This arrangement makes more sense to me, but it doesn't fit on the screen as nicely as your interface. I can read the boxes from left to right just like the IPL line.

user posted image

The problem with the .net framework is that I have .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 which is incompatible with the older version of the .Net Framework 2.0 that you are using. If I understand correctly, Net Framework 2.0, 3.0, and 1.1 are all completely different. Framework 3.0 doesn't replace or enhance 2.0. The service pack 1 upgrade to Framework 2.0 is the compatibility problem we are running into.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:27 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 10 2008, 09:55)
In your example Z is greater in the blue than in green no matter how the box is rotated.

user posted image

This arrangement makes more sense to me, but it doesn't fit on the screen as nicely as your interface. I can read the boxes from left to right just like the IPL line.

user posted image

The problem with the .net framework is that I have .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 which is incompatible with the older version of the .Net Framework 2.0 that you are using. If I understand correctly, Net Framework 2.0, 3.0, and 1.1 are all completely different. Framework 3.0 doesn't replace or enhance 2.0. The service pack 1 upgrade to Framework 2.0 is the compatibility problem we are running into.

damn... kick off that screenshot, and please dont see it again confused.gif
and show your error message of .Net framework smile.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:39 AM Edited by OrionSR, 10 March 2008 - 09:43 AM.

Running the application produced the usual Report to Microsoft Error with no useful information.

Following up on the readme:
IMPORTANT
Download and Install .net framework before use from below site for free:
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

I tried to install the application from the link above but got the error explained by this Microsoft Support Document.

Microsoft Support Page
Error message when you try to install the .NET Framework 2.0 on a computer that has the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 installed: "Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one"

I think this boils down to your version of the .net framework 2.0 being out of date. Traditionally people are expected to upgrade rather than downgrade in order to run the latest applications.

Added: I'm sorry, I don't understand. Did you want me to delete the screenshot I edited? I could see how you may not want the confusing information on this page. Or, are you intending to make revisions and I shouldn't worry about the current screenshot for now?

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:43 AM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 10 2008, 15:09)
Running the application produced the usual Report to Microsoft Error with no useful information.

Following up on the readme:
IMPORTANT
Download and Install .net framework before use from below site for free:
http://www.microsoft...&displaylang=en

I tried to install the application from the link above but got the error explained by this Microsoft Support Document.

Microsoft Support Page
Error message when you try to install the .NET Framework 2.0 on a computer that has the .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1 installed: "Setup cannot continue because this version of the .NET Framework is incompatible with a previously installed one"

I think this boils down to your version of the .net framework 2.0 being out of date. Traditionally people are expected to upgrade rather than downgrade in order to run the latest applications.

you must upgrade your windows to sp2 oor higher, google it you will find a setup of around 300 mbs

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 09:49 AM Edited by OrionSR, 10 March 2008 - 10:19 AM.

My XP operating system is almost fully upgraded. I'm only missing a few updates for Office Applications and IE that have been released within the last week (downloaded and waiting to be installed). Is your version of .Net Framework up to date? Do you have the Service Pack 1 upgrade that is specific to the .Net Framework 2.0?

.Net 2.0 Service Pack 1 - 3/6/2008

Sucks for You: It looks like you chose the .Net 2.0 Framework for maximum compatibility, but Microsoft decided to release an upgrade right at the same time you released your new application. I would suspect many other people can run the application as it is now, but over the next few months this will start to become more and more of a problem. And if you upgrade to .Net 2.0 SP1 so early in it's release you'll have the extra hassle of explaining the upgrade process to more people. I would suggest that everyone upgrade to the latest version - there is less confusion all around and there will be fewer modifications as the tool moves out of beta.

Still, I find it strange that there would be so little compatibility with SP1. Usually Microsoft tried not to disable programs that used to run when they release an update. So perhaps there is something else going on.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:16 AM Edited by xmen, 27 March 2008 - 04:30 PM.

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 10 2008, 15:19)
My XP operating system is almost fully upgraded. I'm only missing a few updates for Office Applications and IE that have been released within the last week (downloaded and waiting to be installed). Is your version of .Net Framework up to date? Do you have the Service Pack 1 upgrade that is specific to the .Net Framework 2.0?

Sucks for You: It looks like you chose the .Net 2.0 Framework for maximum compatibility, but Microsoft decided to release an upgrade right at the same time you released your new application. I would suspect many other people can run the application as it is now, but over the next few months this will start to become more and more of a problem. And if you upgrade to .Net 2.0 SP1 so early in it's release you'll have the extra hassle of explaining the upgrade process to more people.

no i dont think mostly people use sp2, i have sp2 other friend also have sp2(+), i will suggest you to upgrade, it cannot possible to downgrade it to sp1

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:24 AM

Not Windows SP2 or SP1. .Net 2.0 SP1. It's a service pack for the .Net 2.0 Framework. I just checked Microsoft Updates. I have everything updated except for perhaps 6 patches for Office Applications. I was fully updated just last week, and will be again as soon as I reboot. Please follow the link provided for the .Net 2.0 SP1. It should explain everything.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 10:31 AM

strange sad.gif
can you show me the system properties?
i will reply you after an hour

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 11:18 AM

3GB RAM, plenty of Harddisk space, Radeon HD 2600 XT 512MB Video, 2.8 Pentium 4. It's not the greatest system but it's well maintained. I don't think this is the problem. Perhaps the application needs to be in a particularly directory? I get nothing. I click the application and the useless Report to Microsoft error appears right away.

And I'm off for a while so no need to hurry with a response.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

ahh..you always misunderstood me confused.gif , i was talking about this :
user posted image
if you want then i will embed the net framework in it but size will be 20+ mbs... wink.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 04:16 PM

Yes, I have Windows Service Pack 2.

Do you have Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1?
user posted image

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:30 PM

Do you have Microsoft .Net Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1?

no,
do some steps, uninstall framework sp1, and install only DNF 2.0 from the site i have writtten in help file....
i hope it should work bored.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:47 PM Edited by OrionSR, 10 March 2008 - 05:55 PM.

user posted image

I didn't really want to downgrade anyway.

RuntimeError.log
CODE
3/9/2008 8:58 PM  Excption\n\r\n\r-----------------------------                                                                  The Frmaework version is not support, please update your framework or restart setup .NET framework\n\rPlease get a new runtime support to website http://www.maxtocode.com/FrameworkSupport.html\n\rError Code : 0x0003\n\r\n\r\n\r---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------\n\r\n\r

Perhaps your application is running a version check but does not recognize the SP1 upgrade as a valid installation of .Net 2.0.

xmen
  • xmen

Foot Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (OrionSR @ Mar 10 2008, 23:17)
user posted image

I didn't really want to downgrade anyway.

Perhaps your application is running a version check but does not recognize the SP1 upgrade as a valid installation of .Net 2.0.

try this, DOWNLOAD, i embeded the DNF
sigh.gif

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 10 March 2008 - 07:14 PM Edited by OrionSR, 10 March 2008 - 09:14 PM.

The Application is up and running. Initial Report

The Jump Placer appears to be writing the correct line for an IPL jump, but the corners are mislabeled in the interface as described in previous posts. Entering the values from left to right yields the correct results for as much of the line as I can read. I am unable to verify the reward as the line is too long and I cannot resize the window or scroll the display (never mind, I just had to move on to the next window). I am frustrated by the inability to paste values with more than 2 decimal places. I'd rather have the flexibility than the fancy scroll window. The right-click pop-up for cut and paste doesn't work, Ctrl-V must be used. Does this tool have the ability to read in-game coordinates? The tool produces integer values (1948 instead of 1948.0) which should work for text IPLs but the convention leads to errors down the line when converting to code formats. I am in the habit of always specifying a decimal of .0 for whole numbers to assure these values remain in the floating point format.

Update: I found the decimal option and can enter longer values. The Jump Tool is producing a run time error if I load my jump IPL and double-click a jump that has an Endline comment (see example previously posted). I have been labeling my jumps and other IPL lines with Endline comments which really helps keep things organized. I used the "//" marker commonly used for coding comments but I think I need to use the "#" symbol to maintain compatibility with the IPL format. If I forget a value then the comment may be interpreted incorrectly if I use //, but I haven't tested if the # properly terminates the line when variables are omitted.

The semi-transparent window is distracting. How can I disable the transparency?

Vehicle Placer is entering integer values in traditional 360 degree angles. Text IPLs require Radian Units. Vehicle Placer is marking UP as 180 degrees. I believe North is always 0.0 for text IPLs.

Endline Comments are not confusing the Vehicle Placer.

Wiki Page for Radian Angles

Garage Tool has only 4 of 7 door types. Garage types are very limited, only 2 save garages and no impound or burglary garages. Bomb garages could use bomb type description.

Wiki for Garage Types

The Garage Tool reads the endline comments as part of the garage name.

The tools appear to always reorganize my comment lines. When editing garages and enex connections in standard files I always keep a comment of the original just before the modified line. Having my comment lines moved to another place in the file makes the comments less useful. They need to stay in sequence or everything gets very confusing.

Enex Placer: Type field allows adding bikes and cars more than once. The Enex Types are not very well documented. I have some additional information but my results are inconsistent and unreported. However, we should be able to work out some basic flags well enough to make this more useful. Otherwise only experts will be able to get this working correctly and they will probably be working by hand and example.

Enex Placer rotation is pointing down for 0. I would expect 0.0 to represent North and Up.

Notes on editing and creating ENEX connections: Proper ENEX functioning requires that the sequence of enex definitions match the sequence used to create the save file. To maintain maximum compatibility with existing saves, and to reduce the posibility the new connections will get hopelessly scrambled, existing enex connections should always be edited in-line to maintain the original sequence (either in the original files (recommended) or move all enex connections to their own IPL). New enex connections should be added to a file that is listed after the standard IPLs in gta.dat so they are loaded last.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users