Photo

Mad Doc's Epic Fail(see post 8)

12 replies to this topic
T.I.P.
  • T.I.P.

first!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 05:46 AM

Anybody else see this? Sorry if it's already been posted, but this has got to suck. Instances of total system lock-up during game play. Crazy stuff.

http://www.neogaf.co...ad.php?t=249455

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:00 AM

Locked on me twice already.

However, according to Kotaku, Rockstar is now aware, actually "horrified", of the problems and are taking steps to correct them. How soon before things are fixed is unclear. So, if you're playing the X360 version, save your game OFTEN to reduce backtracking should your game die on you.

T.I.P.
  • T.I.P.

first!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:05 AM

QUOTE (RARusk @ Mar 6 2008, 06:00)
Locked on me twice already.

Ah. Well apologies to the mods, nothing relevant came of my search.

I'm no tech expert, but it seems like something of that caliber would be impossible to fix. It seems more like a Firestone product pull situation that just a simple patch and fix.

*MURDOC*
  • *MURDOC*

Relevant jorts intensify.

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:52 AM

I think he meant the game. icon14.gif

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 06:57 AM

Hmm not good, was thinking of grabbing this at some point. Lets just hope something can be done in a patch.

Rob.
  • Rob.

Don't Stop

• Zaibatsu

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:17 AM

The game come sout on the 7th over here in the UK, i'll beinterested to see if it's a worldwide issue, or just affecting thos ein NTSC regions.

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (Rob. @ Mar 6 2008, 07:17)
The game come sout on the 7th over here in the UK, i'll beinterested to see if it's a worldwide issue, or just affecting thos ein NTSC regions.

Well I should be getting mine later today or tomorrow.

It appears that some older 360s are experiencing framerate issues, freezes and other problems.

It said something about problems on older consoles, I have a recent model, do you think it might be better on my model?

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 06 March 2008 - 07:51 AM

Apart from Rockstar being the publisher (and Vancouver being the developer of Bully itself) it has nothing to do with Rockstar. Mad Doc are the studio that ported/re-made it, so the fault lies at Mad Doc Software, not Rockstar Games (Unless they used a Rockstar Q/A team).

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:24 AM Edited by Goldey, 06 March 2008 - 08:29 AM.

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Mar 6 2008, 07:51)
Apart from Rockstar being the publisher (and Vancouver being the developer of Bully itself) it has nothing to do with Rockstar. Mad Doc are the studio that ported/re-made it, so the fault lies at Mad Doc Software, not Rockstar Games (Unless they used a Rockstar Q/A team).

Yeah, I did think it very strange to see the words "Rockstar" and "Fail" next to each other. monocle.gif

T.I.P.
  • T.I.P.

first!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Goldey @ Mar 6 2008, 08:24)

Yeah, I did think it very strange to see the words "Rockstar" and "Fail" next to each other. monocle.gif

haha Yeah, I knew it would be edited. Nobody at these forums could take that.

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 07 March 2008 - 05:56 AM

I also found out that if you clear the disk cache you can reduce your chances of it crashing. I did that last night then played afterwards. The game actually played a lot WORSE though (game stuttering and audio issues).

But, after turning it off and going to bed then playing it again this morning before going to work, it played a LOT better. And no crashes so far.

This is strictly personal conjecture from me but I believe that the game crashes as a result of conflicts within the disk cache with data leftover from other games. Clearing out the disk cache will remove that data. However, "Bully" needs to fill that back up with it's own data and the game will be a lot glitchier until that happens and things settle down.

I still want a permanent solution though.

FlexSlim
  • FlexSlim

Hater Player

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (RARusk @ Mar 7 2008, 05:56)
I also found out that if you clear the disk cache you can reduce your chances of it crashing. I did that last night then played afterwards. The game actually played a lot WORSE though (game stuttering and audio issues).

But, after turning it off and going to bed then playing it again this morning before going to work, it played a LOT better. And no crashes so far.

This is strictly personal conjecture from me but I believe that the game crashes as a result of conflicts within the disk cache with data leftover from other games. Clearing out the disk cache will remove that data. However, "Bully" needs to fill that back up with it's own data and the game will be a lot glitchier until that happens and things settle down.

I still want a permanent solution though.

How do you do that (I got the game yesterday, and, yes it crashes.) sad.gif

RARusk
  • RARusk

The Man With No Avatar

• Members

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:41 AM

How to clear your disk cache:

- Go the “System” blade on the Xbox 360 main menu.
- Select Memory.
- Highlight the Hard Drive, then press Y to view the device options screen.
- On the Xbox 360 controller, press X twice, then the left bumper, then the right bumper, then X button twice again.
- You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance. Select Yes by pressing A.

That's how you do it.

However, last night after I surfed the web and made my previous post, I still got a game crash so it still won't keep them from happening. But it may reduce the number of them.

BTW, Rockstar is working on a patch right now and may have it available as early as next week. I hope you can get it without having to get Xbox Live as I do not have a broadband connection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users