» «
Photo

[WIP][SCR] 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 LS6

162 replies to this topic
Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:27 PM Edited by Burner, 02 March 2008 - 09:31 PM.

Word has been passed down that the PPC topic must die, so I'm gonna post this here.

Here is my latest efforts:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Wireframe:
http://www.tjbp.net/upload/70cch21.jpg

1970 Chevelle SS454 LS6.

This is what real men drove in 1970. This model is made from another Chevelle I made in 2003. I opened up the panels and added everything nessacary for GTA. It borrows some parts from my 71 Impala, since they were either the same or close to the same. Polycount is 25,484 for the model, and 1675 per wheel.

This is the fourth time I have done a 1970 Chevelle(not counting customs made from these models). First from left was made in 2002, next - 2003, next - much later in 2003, and now - 2008.
user posted image <--HUGE Pic 1700x563

And now that this car is done, I can use it with my SuperSport concept biggrin.gif
user posted image <--HUGE Pic 1600x635

As usual, it is all set up for GTA, minus damage model and however you guys set up the colors ingame. It needs someone to finish it ingame.

I passed all my exams. Guess what class I get to take this quarter -- 3d Modeling. Bwahahaha. The teacher and I prolly aren't gonna get along. I've prolly been 3d modeling longer than he has... I'll get to learn 3dsmax.. hopefully, if this class is better than my programming class. That was useless..

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:28 PM

Now thats what i call real modeling!

Puma06111991
  • Puma06111991

asdfghjkl;

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 09:29 PM

Rofl, congratulations with you exams, dude. 'hope You'll pwn the teacher. Mighty work there! Love the details.. Keep it up. Are you planning any extra's such as bodykits? Keep up!

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 10:04 PM

make a higher polycount of your first wheels. I like them biggrin.gif I see your models are highly detailed. and lovely modeled. that other car that's remembering a bit of a dodge srt30 something... will that one be released too? I like it ^^ you're really good! I can hardly model anything with proper faces in sketchup... I just ALMOST got the shape I wanted on a car... then I messed up on the back. but I really cant make a real-life cars... nice stuff right there!

Drunk Russian 9
  • Drunk Russian 9

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 11:23 PM

Nice Chevelle. Sexy lol.gif

Have you ever given a though to modeling the Camaro Concept? Its alot better than the 08. IMO at least.

Supers sport looks good as well. I must say I wish I had your modeling skills.

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:35 PM

Looks good.

Does the Supersport have turn signals?

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci
  • Finland

Posted 03 March 2008 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Burner @ Mar 2 2008, 23:27)
I passed all my exams. Guess what class I get to take this quarter -- 3d Modeling. Bwahahaha. The teacher and I prolly aren't gonna get along. I've prolly been 3d modeling longer than he has... I'll get to learn 3dsmax.. hopefully, if this class is better than my programming class. That was useless..

Great to hear, I'm sure you'll learn it fast. It's easier than ZMod once you get used to 3DSM and also modeling becomes much faster. smile.gif

I could convert your Chevelle but I really need to finish my Mustang and your put your Murano ingame first. Just gotta find time to do them, damn work sneaky2.gif

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:46 PM

woah Burner the textures on this beast are simply stunning! you went over board! I can't wait to see how the max progress comes along in future with your skills and once you learn to render i'm pretty sure you're going to be a tough act to fallow! I really respect all that hard work you put into your models. Good job! I will definately add this into my game when its done wink.gif

MindF*ck
  • MindF*ck

• Members

Posted 04 March 2008 - 11:11 AM

yeah, definately some very nice ride!
It's always astonishing what you "produce"!

If noone else applies for converting that beauty, I would volunteer to have a go at that one, too blush.gif
Damn with all those good models from you, this is going to be a real converting marathon biggrin.gif

btw, how is the progress on the impala you showed in the PPC?
oh, and another btw biggrin.gif , why is everyone speaking about letting the PPC die? I see no reason why to let this topic fall!

Greetz, MF

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 05 March 2008 - 11:38 PM Edited by Burner, 05 March 2008 - 11:41 PM.

"Have you ever given a though to modeling the Camaro Concept"

Yup. It's been on my to do list for two years now. I was supposed to make it after the challenger, but decided to make some non american cars for a change, so thats where the murano and volvo came from. More than likely now I will just wait to make the production version when pics of it leak out.

Mindf*ck: Oh, the 71 imp is done.

user posted image

Change the numbers at the end for more pics. I know you requested to do this, so I'll have it ready for you in a few days when I post my next update.

About the Chevelle, both you and flashG would like to have it, so whoever would have the most free time can have it. Maybe you guys could discuss it amongst yourselves smile.gif

About the PPC, Me and I guess the other major contributers were PMed about it by admin. I assume it is a strain on the server once a topic gets that large, but I would opt for starting a new one rather than getting rid of it completely. I know I have alot of cars that really don't deserve there own topics and would have no place to post them without the PPC.

Glad this car is well liked. It is my favorite real life car. Being so, I shoulda put more time into the seat textures, there are some texture "creases" in the front seats that I coulda ironed out, but oh well. I'll prolly make another one in a few years when I know a diferent modeling program and my skills are higher than they are now.

Ryder35
  • Ryder35

sheisse

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 09:58 AM

poaw what a nice car ...

MindF*ck
  • MindF*ck

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the Impala smile.gif Looks like a nice quick convert! ... keeping the quality of course wink.gif thanks very much Burner!
About the Chevelle, flashg, if you have time right now, go for it! I currently have the Nova, then the impala, I guess you would be faster in finishing the Chevelle wink.gif

concerning the PPC, I'm all for just starting a new topic ... we always had one topic like that in the vehicles section (I think the current one is version number 5 or something like that) It would be a shame to abolish it since some work is only posted there!

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci
  • Finland

Posted 06 March 2008 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE (MindF*ck @ Mar 6 2008, 12:16)
About the Chevelle, flashg, if you have time right now, go for it! I currently have the Nova, then the impala, I guess you would be faster in finishing the Chevelle wink.gif

lol I was gonna say you can do it aswell, I got my hands full with my Mustang and Murano atm and plenty of other things. So I don't know when I would have time for it. But if there isn't hurry then I can do it of course smile.gif

MindF*ck
  • MindF*ck

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

well, ok, then I'd say we just let Burner finish it and see who of us can squeese it into the our converting queue turn.gif
It seems not much work, basicly setting dummies, making damage and some little SA-features (lights, plates) ... it shouldn't take that long.

btw, burner, what's left to do on it? It seems quite finished in those first pictures.

Supra4
  • Supra4

Sniffing nitrous and moving sideways

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (MindF*ck @ Mar 6 2008, 13:25)
well, ok, then I'd say we just let Burner finish it and see who of us can squeese it into the our converting queue turn.gif

I love reading such things. These are good times for modders indeed, with all the new high-quality stuff that's rolling out these days.

Mista_G
  • Mista_G

tastes like grandma!

• Members

Posted 06 March 2008 - 08:41 PM

You know what man? only you can point out the mistakes in your work, I never would have noticed had you not mentioned to me that the textures could have used some work. From the teasers you post it looks immaculate! and there should be many versions to come of this, hot rod, low rider, a rusted up version. Man i'm full of ideas here! You'd think i'd be making these! Either way man the car looks great as I mentioned earlier in the thread! I shall sticker in my game once completed!

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 02:24 PM Edited by Burner, 10 March 2008 - 03:58 PM.

Um.. the chevelle is done except ingame work. Damage model, dummies, alpha channel for color change.

Some diferent rims:

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Not gonna be in ingame version. Just uhh...for the hell of it.

I have many versions of this car, and some hot rod paint jobs and rust skins for it.

Supra4
  • Supra4

Sniffing nitrous and moving sideways

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:25 PM

Would be nice to see those paintjobs make it in-game. Especially the rust one. Los Santos and the desert would be a natural habitat for it then.

Burner
  • Burner

Big McLargehuge

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:45 PM

Had to dig these up. Sorry, I dont have thumbnails and there isnt a graphics program on this comp to make some.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

a1uc4rd
  • a1uc4rd

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:33 PM

just makes me wish to the stars even more for it to hit in game, oh well still a very beautiful sight to see.

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci
  • Finland

Posted 10 March 2008 - 05:34 PM

That rusted Chevelle is looking great tounge.gif

JasonThummel
  • JasonThummel

Modeler

• Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:01 AM

I like the rusted one and the red flamer.

(heck they are all different and unique)

derecalator
  • derecalator

im so friggin manly, my sentences dont even have periods

• Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 03:42 AM

man this is lookn great. just got a 69 malibu project, thats why i bugged you about the one on your signature lol. anyways love your models, and love chevelles. keep it up

Blingy
  • Blingy

Nigga Ya Love Ta Hate

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:32 PM

Awww...That Junk Chevelle would be a PERFECT replacement for the Crappy Glendale. Nice stuff Burner.

DJ Will
  • DJ Will

YOU MAD!!!

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 05:57 PM

when u releasing this inlove.gif car?

evilrex
  • evilrex

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:00 PM

I wantz it!!!!1 biggrin.gif

Telumektar
  • Telumektar

Working Title

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:06 PM Edited by Telumektar, 24 March 2008 - 08:13 PM.

I have a question for Burner
Is your Impala ready or it's under development?
Anyway. Thanks for making it!! Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

Wu-Tang Clan
  • Wu-Tang Clan

Why ares yous playings the granpas guitars?

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:08 PM

those are great and where i can download your impala

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:38 PM

Thats great, and excellent modelling!

flashg
  • flashg

Tastes like raisins

• Feroci
  • Finland

Posted 25 March 2008 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (DJ Will @ Mar 23 2008, 19:57)
when u releasing this inlove.gif car?

QUOTE (Wu-Tang Clan @ Mar 24 2008, 22:08)
those are great and where i can download your impala

These cars aren't available yet, when Burner will send me the Chevelle I'll start to convert it to SA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users