Photo

Rc Bandit race not appearing on ps3

10 replies to this topic
dave_robbo
  • dave_robbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:51 AM

Hi im new here and i have a problem with vice city im at 94% and the race at the track on the beach isnt appearing there is no van i think its because im playing it on my ps3 has anyone else ever had this problem??

im going to the right place as i checked on my pc version of the game.

ive tested a few things like the disc i bought a new copy and still no van appearing
and i dont think its my save game as when i remove the memory card and start a new game the same thing happens.

so is this a well known glitch ive looked around on the forum but couldnt find anything.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:01 PM

I've never heard of this glitch-- so it might be because it is on PS3 and it is not spawning for some reason.

This workaround should work though... grab one of the other top fun vans and drive it to the place where it is supposed to be parked on the beach (hopefully you can tell closely enough where it should be parked)... exit and get back in and it should start the race.

dave_robbo
  • dave_robbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 07:59 PM

thanks for the reply ill try this also the helicopter checkpoint mission in little haiti hasnt spawned either, do you think the same will work for this?. ive got the pc version so ill put that on to see where there supposed to be.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 01 March 2008 - 08:03 PM

I know it will work for the heli checkpoints (I've done it)-- at least on PS2...

I've also brought my own PCJ for PCJ playground and my own stallion for cone crazy-- which is what makes me think it will work for the RC races as well.

Please let us know if this works-- might be a good addition to the buglist...

Also, if you can try approaching the track slowly on foot, it might spawn... I do know there are issues with vehicles spawning when you approach to rapidly-- the problem could be exascerbated on the PS3 for some reason-- approaching slowly from a different direction might help also.

I wish you luck.

dave_robbo
  • dave_robbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:30 PM

hi thanks for your help your a god lol it worked for both the rc and checkpoint mission it was jus trial and error getting the car in the right place thanks alot im trying to complete all gta before gta 4 comes out so add it too your buglist as i saw on yahoo questions someone had the same problem it might come in handy.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 10 March 2008 - 03:16 PM

Thank you for posting back that it worked-- will add it to the buglist shortly and link back to this post and you.

Spuds.

dave_robbo
  • dave_robbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2008 - 09:35 PM

i just read the bug list glad you added it and i read that chopper checkpoint starts off with out getting out of the vehicle and just to let you know its the same with the rc bandit race and probably all of them i might test them and get back to ya
thanks again for the help

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 21 March 2008 - 07:30 PM Edited by smaisey, 21 March 2008 - 08:33 PM.

QUOTE (dave_robbo @ Mar 9 2008, 22:30)
hi thanks for your help your a god lol it worked for both the rc and checkpoint mission it was jus trial and error getting the car in the right place thanks alot im trying to complete all gta before gta 4 comes out so add it too your buglist as i saw on yahoo questions someone had the same problem it might come in handy.

Hi, I have the exact same problem. I am going for 100% and I too haven't got the Topfun van on the beach for the RC Bandit race of the Sparrow for the Checkpoint race in Little Haiti. I am playing on the PS3 also, and have never had these problems previously on the PS2. I will try this method so hopefully I can continue with my quest for 100%.

Thanks smile.gif

EDIT: I now have finished the RC bandit race and Little Haiti chopper checkpoint.
One other thing that is not working properly is the 5th assassination phone call. (the one behind Cherry Popper).
Has this happened with you?

Does anyone know if there is a certain mission (I assume it normally appears after the 4th assassination mission) that spawns this mission?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:45 AM Edited by Spuds725, 22 March 2008 - 01:49 AM.

It doesn't appear after the 4th mission unless you have progressed through the game a certain amount... hold on a second while I check...

(a few minutes later)

According to the game progress flow chart-- it doesn't appear til you do the Malibu mission "the shootist"...

http://patrickw.gtag...vc_sequence.pdf

If you have any issues related to the PS3 version-- I would appreciate if you post back here-- hopefully we can work out any issues you have and identify them for the buglist.

I'll have my PS3 next week some time-- but won't have time to try VC for a while I imagine.

smaisey
  • smaisey

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:28 AM

Thank you Spuds, you were correct. I have only just done the Malibu missions and the 5th assassination mission has now appeared.
I am now on 93% (only The Job, Print Works, Phil Cassidy and final two missions left to do)

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:46 AM

Thanks but I was just reading-- PatrickW did the hard work wink.gif

That flowchart is very handy since the game is so "non linear"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users