428 replies to this topic
junior731657
  • junior731657

Liberty City Secrets Team Leader

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Herne @ Apr 14 2008, 17:13)
QUOTE (QwertyAAA @ Apr 14 2008, 12:53)
in the mod he destroys all evidence, documents, of him existing. after it he gets a plastic surg to look young

huh? I don't get that at all. Ray IS young, he doesn't need surgery and he IS a clean cop, with no shady background.. right? I haven't played LCS so I don't know for sure but.. well he is going to be younger right?

So, I had an idea that if you did have a Vercetti gang, you could have missions AGAINST them, as they are trying to muscle into LS and causing all sorts of trouble in the process. So Ray has to 'run them out of town'. This could involve all kinds of missions like drug busts, ambushing arms deals, meeting informants, stopping a bank robbery, whatever. The final mission against them could involve driving them out of town, perhaps arresting whoever is acting as Tommy's lieutenant (as I doubt it would be Tommy himself). At the end of it maybe Ray gets a nice sports car (Vercetti gang car) spawning at his safehouse.

Another quirky idea I had was that as an up and coming uniform cop Ray could be asked to test a new police bike, do an obstacle course, maybe a race? It could replace the Angel for example.. Or maybe it's a police scooter, I dunno. The bike performs nicely but suffers from electrical problems, like the sirens/lights not working (which is a real shame.. although it would be hard/impossible to make them work anyway!) but Ray gets to keep the prototype.

i want writers to start a seperate thread and i want the thead to be called "LC Secrets Story line"

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 07:16 PM

Sorry For The Delay Ladies And Genltlemen
But I am on Vacation/Holiday For Two Weeks
At The Moment But I will still Read your PMs And
Posts But I Cant Work on The game And Will Read
PMs And Posts Whenever I am Near A Router

Sorry For The Delay

John

P.S Keep Up Good Work Guy And Gals

23rocks
  • 23rocks

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:04 PM

Dude what are you talking about verrcitti gang in lc? I Don't think tommy would send his gang all the way lc from vice city, and thats retarded think about it who would protect his territory or if you're thinking tommy in lc and his gang thats even more retarded cause why do you think right after doing all that crap to take over vice city he would go to lc just to let other dealers take over it when he's gone. also the head i made was for fun and i think its good for paint. and are you guys talking about me when you say mission ideas like as in you do NOT want my idea's angry.gif
but you know what i not gonna get P O'ed over something stuipd just tell me do you guys have like a group that don't include me and i'm like just some guy wasteing his time posting ideas on this topic? please tell me do you want my help or not

Cubanwhip
  • Cubanwhip

We're always holding the door open for someone.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 08:27 PM

I got MSN, AIM (Not on often at all), and XFire. I think it would be much better to chat in a huge chatroom together to come up with a basic storyline. I think I got a fairly alright storyline that keeps with Ray being a straight cop, and not being involved with criminals, but mainly revolves around working with the police and maybe some corrupt businesses he is not aware are corrupt.

Ray arrives as a transfer cop from Carcer City. He arrives at the Staunton Station, greeted by his asshole Police Chief, Gary Schaffer, and immediately can tell he is going to hate being here. His first few jobs involve keeping the peace between the growing Yakuza and the powerful Staunton Triads. While trying to keep the order, he finds out that a Mafia war erupts in Little Italy. Gary tells Ray that he shouldn't get involved, and to just let it die out (But the truth is that Gary is supplying the Leones and ensuring their victory in the war). Ray disobeys Gary and gets involved. Gary suspends Ray for a unsaid amount of time, and while laid off, Ray infiltrates the families and tries to arrest the bosses. But as the final standoff between the bosses occur, the police make a raid and all of Ray's work goes down the pipe. Gary brings backs Ray and "congratulates" Ray on the amazing undercover work (Gary had planned on raiding the boss standoff, but had no alibi as to how the police found out, so he uses Ray as the excuse being an undercover cop). Ray is let back on, and Portland opens up.

Gary's first instructions to Ray are to meet a contact in Harwood. The contact being Leon McAffrey, and Ray's first impression is that Leon is corrupt, and takes a disliking to him. McAffrey sends Ray on several errands that Ray thinks are innocent nothings, but Ray catches McAffrey making acquaintances with Los Vatons leader, Jose Slenns. Ray is appaled and finds out that he had been running drugs under his nose without his knowledge. Ray uses his past knowledges about the locations he was sent to and starts to slowly take them out. As he does this without McAffrey knowing, Los Vatons blame the Portland Triads, and start a war throughout the entire island of Portland.

Ray goes back to Staunton and tells Gary that McAffrey might be a corrupt detective, but Gary doesn't believe him and dismisses his accusations and explains that the Sindaccos and Yakuza have formed a weak alliance to take out the Staunton Triads and Gary has told you that you have to make sure that "nothing happens to disrupt order". Ray later finds out that the Yakuza, Sindaccos, and Staunton Triads are meeting to work out an agreement, and sets up an ambush. Gary, angry at Ray for disrupting the meeting (Gary was forming a deal with the gangs to give him a cut of the drug and arms profits) cast him off to Shoreside Vale.

Stuck in Shoreside Vale, Ray quickly finds out he is not welcome by Harley's Angels and is captured by them. Harley is paranoid that the cops are after him and his gang and questions Ray. Ray has no idea about anything and that he was sent here without a known reason. Harley explains how Gary is a corrupt officer and it's made clear that the antagonist of the game is Gary Schaffer. After being released, Ray gets a call from a worried McAffrey and asked to meet him at his home in Pike Creek. McAffrey explains that after the war in Portland, he barely made it out alive and is hiding in Shoreside. Ray still dislikes him and does not believe a word he says and acts resentful towards him. McAffrey pleads for help but Ray refuses to help him at all and leaves. Ray then gets a call from Gary about a hostile mob in Pike Creek made up of Russians and to go check it out. Ray is suspicious of Gary and arrives at a Russian bar and enters it cautiously. Immediately, he is shot at and escapes from the bar. The Russians chase him around and Ray looses them, and returns back to McAffrey, only to help him if he helps him take down the Russians. Gary and McAffrey eventually take out the Russians and returns back to the waiting police chief.

Gary finds out about the mess in Shoreside and immediately fires Ray, but pardons McAffrey. Ray is then left to the streets of Liberty and is forced to expose Gary for the corrupt chief he is. Ray uses local contacts and businesses to find out about Gary and what he does, and eventually gains enough evidence to expose him. Gary realizes this and sends the Staunton Triad after him to rub him out. A huge shootout occurs near the Stadium and Ray finds out Gary is skipping town. He speeds down to the station to see the helicopter taking off from the roof. He jumps into the nearest car and gives chase. He chases the helicopter throughout Staunton and to the airport at Shoreside where he looses the helicopter as it flies off north to Carcer.

Gary disappears and a new police chief is hired. Ray is hired back on and promoted to Detective for his excellent work. The game ends with Ray vowing to clean the streets and never become corrupt. dozingoff.gif

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 09:10 PM

really good.it should definitly be used.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:06 PM

in the begining ray has just arrived from vice city
and he will be wearing a shirt with palm trees on it and a car is waiting to take him to staunton
police depot where he get the first mission from his commander

could you make that fit in the storyline and it starts on staunton island

make it as feesable as possible and try to connect to lcs some how

Idea of a scenario : Ferrys on Strike so maybe the as alot people have suggested that ray is a uniform cop so him and some other uniform cops are sent to keep an eye on things at the picket
line and things do suddenly get out of hand because some gang stired the strikers up and ray and the other cops do there best to breakup the riot and if they do ray gets a promoted/commended then it say mission passed and a new suit is unlocked

That is an example although it would be pretty cool if it were used in the story line

if it can be fitted in it would be better to use it in the middle or near the end of staunton missions

also mobbg had an idea of a feature called "Calling For Back Up"

how it would work:

hold sprint on its own for five seconds and some police officers turn up in a police car

and they help you with missions each officer has a shotgun

MobBG is Getting Better At Mission Coding But If There are any coders that are willing to help
out there we would more than glad of your help

Cubanwhip
  • Cubanwhip

We're always holding the door open for someone.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:33 PM

This is what I imagined the opening scene to be like:

Intro:

[Cutscene]

The screen fades into a plane landing in Francis International with the song, “Born in the U.S.A” playing softly in the background. The plane comes to a stop and the screen fades.

[Cutscene]

A man steps out of the airport wearing a tropical shirt and khaki slacks. He gets into an LCPD cruiser and the screen fades.

[Cutscene]

The cruiser comes to a stop outside the Staunton Police Station and the man gets out. He walks up the main steps of the station and the screen fades.

[Cutscene]
The man walks up to a counter and looks at the clerk. The clerk looks up at him.

Clerk: May I help you?

Man: I just transferred here. [Pulls out a piece of paper]

Clerk: [Takes the papers] Oh, so you’re the new guy, Ray Machowski. The Chief wanted to see you when you first got in. He’s in the last room on your right down this hallway.

Ray walks down the hallway and opens the door. The screen fades.

[Cutscene]

A man has his legs up on his desk and is laughing into a phone. He sees Ray walk in and says goodbye, then hangs up. He straightens out in his chair and clears his throat.

Man: You Machowski?

Ray: Yeah, are you the Chief?

Gary: Yes, Police Chief Gary Schaffer. I run this station here on Staunton. You’re the guy that transferred from Vice, aren’t you?

Ray: Yes.

Gary: Have a seat! No need to stand!

Ray: [Takes a seat in a nearby chair]

Gary: So Ray Machowski, how was Vice?

Ray: Well, you know. War torn swamp-

Gary: Forget it. Liberty City is on another level. Liberty City breeds criminals. I have gathered information that four out of every five people, is a criminal.

Ray: Sir, that seems a little-

Gary: Are you doubting me Machowski?

Ray: No sir…

Gary: Good. You know how to respect your superiors. I like that. God, I can’t tell you how many transfers I’ve fired for disobedience.

Ray: I can only imagine…

Gary: Machowski, if there’s one thing you gotta know to survive, its respect and loyalty. Know what I mean?

Ray: Yes sir… [Grumbles]

Gary: I left you your uniform in the locker room downstairs. I want you to go put it on and meet a man named Philler Moore in the armory. He should set you up with a gun.

Ray: [Stands up and starts walking towards the door]

Gary: And Machowski.

Ray: [Turns around] Yeah?

Gary: You only have one chance, don’t f*ck it up. Now get out of here.

Ray: [Walks out the door and the screen fades]

[End of Cutscene]

[Gameplay]

The instructions on how to move your character show up. Once you got the controls down, head down the hallway and down the stairs one floor. Go inside the locker room and change into your standard black police uniform. Leave the locker room and head down the hallway into the armory. A cutscene should start up once you step into it.

[Cutscene]

A man is firing a gun and Ray walks up behind him and taps him on the shoulder. The man turns around and shakes Ray’s hand.

Philler: Nice to meet you. The name’s Philler.

Ray: Ray Machowski.

Philler: Alright Ray, you ever fire a gun before?

Ray: I just got transferred here; I’m not some rookie cop that doesn’t know what he’s doing.

Philler: Then show me what you got!

[End of Cutscene]

[Gameplay]

You are standing in the booth of a firing range. A target appears with the instructions “Shoot the target down”. Once you shoot it down, a moving target appears. Shoot it down and three still targets appear with the instructions, “Lock onto each target and shoot them in consecutive order”. Once you shoot those three down, three moving ones appear and once you shoot those down, the screen fades.

[Cutscene]

Philler comes down and shakes your hand once again, this time enthusiastically.

Philler: Hey man, that was some great shooting. If you ever run out of ammo, just come down here to restock, or if you lose your gun, just stop here to get a new one.

Ray: Thanks. [Ray walks off as the camera fades]

[End of Cutscene]

Also, Junior/John, I don't really think that the ferry strike mission can be done. We're trying to make an original GTA, but the whole Ferry Strike was done in LCS. So maybe there's a technicals malfunction with the Ferry's and they're not working, or they are just being built.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 10:37 PM

Attention All Writers I am Afraid of This Topic being locked due to story ideas so on that fear i have made a new thread look at my signiture

ViceDiaz
  • ViceDiaz

Rockstar USA Leader

• Members

Posted 14 April 2008 - 11:00 PM

okay

23rocks
  • 23rocks

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:27 AM

I have an idea for rays street cloths make it like tommys palm shirt but open and it goes a little past his pockets with short sleaves and a white t shirt undernith just a idea

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 12:28 PM

Do you really think you're gonna be able to make new cinematic cutscnes, like in the real game?

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:26 PM

QUOTE (simkas @ Apr 15 2008, 13:28)
Do you really think you're gonna be able to make new cinematic cutscnes, like in the real game?

Our best modders couldn't. What makes them think they can?

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 01:27 PM

QUOTE (Claude GTA3 @ Apr 15 2008, 13:26)
QUOTE (simkas @ Apr 15 2008, 13:28)

Our best modders couldn't. What makes them think they can?

That's what I said.

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:13 PM

it is possible if the animtions in the cuts.img are edited, then the places where these originally take place were changed and finally the sound and/or gxt files were edited too

simkas
  • simkas

That guy

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (bammargera @ Apr 15 2008, 15:13)
it is possible if the animtions in the cuts.img are edited, then the places where these originally take place were changed and finally the sound and/or gxt files were edited too

Yeah, but do you really think you can make realistic looking cutscene animations in 3dmax? The cutscene animations in the GTA games were made using motion-capture technology and I'm 120% sure none of you have that kind of stuff.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (simkas @ Apr 15 2008, 12:28)

i would'nt be fussed if the cuts were like the ones in vice fun island they are easier to make and besides even lc-team cant make the mouths move on charactors and it would look good enough if there were just subtitles
and diffent camera angle and mouths out eye shot dowload vice city fun island and you will see what i mean Down load fun island here you need vice unmoded to use it

Dar
  • Dar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:37 AM

Is anyone working on changing Fort Staunton to Little Italy?

_Rob_
  • _Rob_

Game Dev, Graphics Artist

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 April 2008 - 03:25 PM

QUOTE (simkas @ Apr 15 2008, 15:25)
QUOTE (bammargera @ Apr 15 2008, 15:13)

Yeah, but do you really think you can make realistic looking cutscene animations in 3dmax? The cutscene animations in the GTA games were made using motion-capture technology and I'm 120% sure none of you have that kind of stuff.

no of course it wont be as good as that and no i have not got that kind of equipment tounge.gif ,i am just suggesting ideas to improve the mod, is that so bad?

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 17 April 2008 - 08:16 PM

QUOTE (Dar @ Apr 17 2008, 11:37)
Is anyone working on changing Fort Staunton to Little Italy?

Fort staunton will be fort staunton as soon as someone come forward and tell me that they have
got the models from lcs and the abandoned subway will be working too changing the paths is quite easy apparrently

bumster
  • bumster

Ham on!

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2008 - 11:49 PM

Do you think you could do something with the abandoned railway and tunnel near 8Ball's?

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (bumster @ Apr 17 2008, 23:49)
Do you think you could do something with the abandoned railway and tunnel near 8Ball's?

Dont think i have'nt thunk about it

I'll look Around

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 18 April 2008 - 11:17 PM Edited by junior731657, 18 April 2008 - 11:20 PM.

I would like to thank every single member of the team thanks for you efforts so far keep up the good work and as for the story line that is going from strength to strength. Every one who has helped
including those who have made a few coments of constructive criticism have realy brought the mod up to the standard that i was hoping for so far

Good Luck To All

Keep up the good work

Thanks

John

(Liberty City Secrets Team Leader)

23rocks
  • 23rocks

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:31 PM

hey, are you gona make the above ground train in construction in portland? And i have a idea for the old tracks make em' like a cargo track comeing from the docks and make 8balls into a cargo shop and make paulies revune bar under construction, And my last idea for now, I think it would be cool in a mission to have to kill toni's father you know the guy from lcs, cause in lcs he was dead so maybe he got killed in a crossfire between the mafia and the cops or something just a idea.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:52 AM Edited by junior731657, 21 April 2008 - 01:05 AM.

QUOTE (23rocks @ Apr 20 2008, 23:31)
hey, are you gona make the above ground train in construction in portland? And i have a idea for the old tracks make em' like a cargo track comeing from the docks and make 8balls into a cargo shop and make paulies revune bar under construction, And my last idea for now, I think it would be cool in a mission to have to kill toni's father you know the guy from lcs, cause in lcs he was dead so maybe he got killed in a crossfire between the mafia and the cops or something just a idea.

I have Read up about the overhead rail road and it was built in the 30's not the 80's
but the cargo train idea is a pretty good idea

And dont forget folks i still need the help of mission coders
anyone interested pm me

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 06:53 AM

Can i join up im a good mapper and texture converter.

jojo_7
  • jojo_7

Hey! How about a big nice cup of shut the f*ck up?

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (joelzaar @ Apr 21 2008, 08:53)

I dont think we need more people but youll have to ask Jhon (Junior) about this.. sinse im allready the texrure artist. (and i a good one)
and John can map.. but extra help is allways good! so like i said.. i have no problems but im not the one to deside tounge.gif

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:14 AM

QUOTE (jojo_7 @ Apr 21 2008, 10:56)
QUOTE (joelzaar @ Apr 21 2008, 08:53)

I dont think we need more people but youll have to ask Jhon (Junior) about this.. sinse im allready the texrure artist. (and i a good one)
and John can map.. but extra help is allways good! so like i said.. i have no problems but im not the one to deside tounge.gif

If There are two of you the job get done twice as fast lol

joelzaar
  • joelzaar

I Am Legend team leader

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

Great. when your back from your holiday we can begin work whats the next piece to be started?

Dar
  • Dar

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:40 AM

You know what Bumster and 23rocks said, about fixing up the railway near 8-Ball's bomb shop, maybe part of it could connect to that abandoned piece of railway track in Trenton, near Joey's Garage.

junior731657
  • junior731657

• Members

Posted 22 April 2008 - 12:27 PM

QUOTE (Dar @ Apr 22 2008, 09:40)
You know what Bumster and 23rocks said, about fixing up the railway near 8-Ball's bomb shop, maybe part of it could connect to that abandoned piece of railway track in Trenton, near Joey's Garage.

send me a pic of that piece of track near joey's i will have a look

The Rail tunnel that goes under st marks will be re-instated and there will be no super save
because there will be a single car train that carries things from harwood to portland harbour
and vice versa my idea is that the land where supa save was would have been a yard for dropping and loading
the little wagon that i was talking about although it will be moving it will there for looks like the tram in san andreas
but you will still be able to jump onto it to get to the docks and back

could you send me a pic of the supa save end of the tunnel asswell?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users