» «
Photo

Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Topic

580 replies to this topic
YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:02 AM Edited by YourNeighborhoodKiller, 13 May 2008 - 08:07 PM.

user posted image

user posted image

Official Metal Gear Solid 4 Topic

user posted image

Set in 2014, five years after the "Manhattan Incident" (the events of the Plant chapter from Metal Gear Solid 2), Metal Gear Solid 4 portrays a world where the restriction of military intervention on foreign soil has been eased, fueling the need for private military companies (PMCs) to fight proxy wars for business purposes. Nanotechnology has become prominent, both to enhance the capabilities and enforce the loyalty of mercenaries. The five largest of these PMCs are owned by a single mother company named Outer Haven, which is operated by Liquid Ocelot. Amassing an army whose manpower rivals that of the United States, Liquid prepares to launch an armed insurrection. With the world once again in crisis, a rapidly aging and disillusioned Solid Snake is deployed into the Middle East by Roy Campbell to terminate Liquid. Guns of the Patriots will take place in five locations throughout the world, including the Middle East, South America and Eastern Europe. [4]

user posted image

MGS4 solidifying in June, DualShock 3 rumbling in April

Konami's stealth-actioner to be available stand-alone, bundled with 80GB PS3, rumble-equipped controller; Retailers list ship date as June 12; New Sixaxis arriving two months earlier for $55.

As Hideo Kojima's "final" installment in the Metal Gear Solid series, Konami's Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is uniquely positioned as one of the most heavily anticipated PlayStation 3 titles from a dying breed of third-party console exclusives. Today, Sony revealed via its PlayStation Blog that Metal Gear Solid 4 would arrive on the PS3 in late Q2 2008, which runs until June 30. The news comes as part of the Destination PlayStation retailer conference, which is currently under way in Arizona.

While Sony wasn't more forthright with an exact date, retailers, which sometimes leak release dates through online listings prior to publishers' actual announcements, seem to be under the impression that the game will surface in mid-June. According to listings on Amazon and GameFly, MGS4 will take to the streets on Thursday, June 12, while GameStop has the game slated for Tuesday, June 17. Publishers typically choose to release high-profile titles on Tuesday in the US.

To promote Metal Gear Solid 4's release, Sony also revealed the game will be available as part of an 80GB PS3 bundle. In addition to the game and system, the bundle will include a DualShock 3 controller and will retail for $499.99. Presumably, the DualShock 3 will replace the Sixaxis controller currently available in the $499.99 80GB SKU.

Similar to Microsoft's use of Realtime World's Crackdown to hand out keys for the Halo 3 multiplayer beta, Sony also said it will be guaranteeing access to Metal Gear Online's multiplayer beta test for those who preorder the game. The test is expected to commence in late April.

The Destination PlayStation conference also yielded an update on the DualShock 3, which Sony officially took the wraps off of during 2007's Tokyo Game Show. The much-requested rumble-equipped, motion-sensing wireless controller will arrive in North America in April at the price of $54.99. According to Sony, more than 100 PS3 games will be compatible with the controller, including Uncharted, Ratchet & Clank Future, and MGS4.

Source

user posted image
Release date: June 12, 2008
Platforms PlayStation 3
Publisher: Konami
Developer: Kojima Productions
Genre: Modern Action Adventure/Third-Person Action
ESRB: MATURE
Connectivity: Online
Visit Konami web site at: http://www.konami.com/usa/

Screen Shots

Videos

Metal Gear Solid 4 Limited Edition

user posted image

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots is a story-driven adventure game, with seasoned hero Solid Snake drafted for one final mission. Set across stages including the Middle East and South America, the now aged Snake has been asked to assassinate his old adversary, Liquid Ocelot. To do this, however, he must make his way through a series of battlefields, using his legendary stealth abilities and all-new OctoCamo suit to avoid detection and to reach his target. With series favorites such as Meryl Silverburgh, Raiden, Hal 'Otacon' Emmerich, Eva and Roy Campbell returning, and with all new gameplay features including a remote-controlled Metal Gear Mk. II and enhanced CQC (Close Quarters Combat) system, Metal Gear Solid 4 rounds out the Metal Gear saga with a fittingly cinematic and gripping final outing.

The LE comes packaged in a collectible metal case and includes a Blu-ray containing 2 making of documentaries, an interview with Kojima 4 chapters of the graphic novel, and a Metal Gear Import Soundtrack CD.

Source

Published by: Konami
Developed by: Kojima Productions
Genre: Third-Person Action
Release Date: June 12, 2008
MSRP: $84.99

user posted image

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:05 AM

Looks good, but I've never been a fan of the MGS series.

Banana
  • Banana

Ghetto Star

• Zaibatsu
  • United-States

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:28 AM

angrybanana5000 slits wrists because he has a 360

I really enjoyed MGS3 and I wish this would somehow be on 360.

TFatseas
  • TFatseas

The Eastern world, it is exploding...

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

Hmm... I see a AK-74m with a GP-30 plus a M1911 or its possibly a M1991 and I can't make out those other weapons.

Never knew I'd be seeing those weapons.

ETA:Jesus! I just looked at the pictures and there is A LOT of guns.

mikesta
  • mikesta

Mikestar North

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:47 AM

Darn I hate console exclusive games.

I played the original Metal Gear and it's surprisingly really good. Too bad I only have a 360, because this game looks super special awesome. Darn There are going to be many guns in this game, it's making me drool.

Mikesta starts to save money for a damn Ps3

Random8
  • Random8

Not a crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:49 AM

I'm sure this will be on the 360 at some point, maybe a year or two after its PS3 release, but the wait is gonna kill me suicidal.gif

If the PS3 just had 2 or 3 more exclusive titles coming out this year I might save up for it, but with the titles it has now MGS alone isn't enough to justify me buying another console bored.gif

Outer Haven
  • Outer Haven

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE!?!?!

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:44 AM Edited by Outer Haven, 27 February 2008 - 04:11 AM.

Awesome topic YourNeighborhoodKiller! Well done. MGS4 is the main reason I got a PS3, actually.

On a side note: to anyone unfamiliar with the MGS story, would like some storyline gaps filled that you may have missed or just want a better understanding of the MGS series in general to better understand MGS4, then just be sure to PM me or post it here and I'll answer your questions.

[GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]
  • [GTA Man]cycon77foamy[GTA Man]

Abandoned

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:14 AM

QUOTE (Outer Haven @ Feb 27 2008, 14:44)
Awesome topic YourNeighborhoodKiller! Well done. MGS4 is the main reason I got a PS3, actually.

On a side note: to anyone unfamiliar with the MGS story or would like some storyline gaps filled that you may have missed, then just be sure to PM me or post it here and I'll answer your questions.

For some of the MGS1 story watch this!!!

Metal Gear Awesome
Metal Gear Awesome 2

Metal Gear Solid 4 is going to be a totally awesome game.

I wish:

I had a PS3 and/or it comes to the 360 in any shape or form

Chadg
  • Chadg

Haters gonna hate

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:57 AM

I've come to like the series when i played MGS 1 & 2. I wish it came out on the 360, though.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 27 February 2008 - 12:18 PM

QUOTE (Chadg @ Feb 27 2008, 07:57)
I've come to like the series when i played MGS 1 & 2. I wish it came out on the 360, though.

You didnt play MGS3? You just have to play it if you didnt already

Man, I gotta buy a PS3 soon. Even if MGS4 is the only game I will ever play on it

TommyAngelo
  • TommyAngelo

figure

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 27 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

I wish they would make hair look real in games, I mean this game looks excellent but the hair looks poor. I already know the game play is going to be great, this is why I'm worrying about such small things. Damn the hair still looks like a ps2 game.
Resident Evil 5 should change that though.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

soon to be dead

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2008 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (TommyAngelo @ Feb 27 2008, 14:27)
I wish they would make hair look real in games, I mean this game looks excellent but the hair looks poor. I already know the game play is going to be great, this is why I'm worrying about such small things. Damn the hair still looks like a ps2 game.
Resident Evil 5 should change that though.

Graphics aside( even though the graphics do look great), The MGS series is more focused on the story aspect. I always saw MGS as a huge interactive movie and I can't wait to play this last MGS game.

Chadg
  • Chadg

Haters gonna hate

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 04:35 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Feb 27 2008, 02:18)
QUOTE (Chadg @ Feb 27 2008, 07:57)

You didnt play MGS3? You just have to play it if you didnt already

Man, I gotta buy a PS3 soon. Even if MGS4 is the only game I will ever play on it

Yeah, I played MGS3. I didn't really like it though, But it was still enjoyable.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Never bothered with MGS up until Snake Eater...but man I became locked onto that game. Barely left the house (well, other than work) till it was finished..just smoked up and got lost in the whole thing. Great game..took some persevering, and the cutscenes are ridiculously long (i gather thats standard for the series) but it was a great gaming experience.

The battle with The End is one of my favourite gaming moments of all time, took me right into the zone.

I even liked the James bondesque theme music, and the graphics were smart as f*ck for a PS2 game.

Eddie280
  • Eddie280

Slow down, You bitch!

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

Ive never played the MGS series but i really like the look of this game. Will it matter that i wont know the story line?

Outer Haven
  • Outer Haven

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE!?!?!

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Eddie280 @ Feb 27 2008, 12:33)
Ive never played the MGS series but i really like the look of this game. Will it matter that i wont know the story line?

Well, the MGS series has very deep and immersing story. The cut scenes are long for a reason and that's to drive the incredible story forward. I suggest you either read up on the series or actually play the games from start to finish before you play MGS4 and then it'll make a whole lot more sense.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 February 2008 - 09:04 PM

Here is how the bundle will look like.

user posted image

This came from IGN.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 10:52 PM

^ Damn, that looks slexy. Yes, slexy.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (TFatseas @ Feb 26 2008, 20:34)
Hmm... I see a AK-74m with a GP-30 plus a M1911 or its possibly a M1991 and I can't make out those other weapons.

Never knew I'd be seeing those weapons.

ETA:Jesus! I just looked at the pictures and there is A LOT of guns.

The H&K XM8 is seen in the picture with the new Fox Hound, I think the pair of soldiers have FN-SCARs, and I figure that's a MEU(SOC) .45 considering Snake's special ops. profession. Weapon customization looks killer in this game.

I would kill to play this, but alas, I'm getting a 360 when I get the chance, so I won't get to.

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 February 2008 - 11:41 PM

Watching this only get released on the PS3 is going to kill me.

Ronmar The Only
  • Ronmar The Only

Storyteller, Plus Hopeless Romantic.

• The Connection

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (YourNeighborhoodKiller @ Feb 27 2008, 21:04)
Here is how the bundle will look like.

user posted image

This came from IGN.

That almost makes me want to get one...but Sony killed me whenever they took out the Emotion Chip. Bastards.

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 February 2008 - 12:59 AM

Think Snake will die?

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (The Unvirginiser @ Feb 28 2008, 00:59)
Think Snake will die?

A lot of people have been talking about that. And some even think you'll play as Raiden later on in the game. I personally think so as well.

Also there is a lot of characters returning in this game. Like Meryl and EVA for example.

The story is predicted to be huge and have a lot of twists and turns.

The Unvirginiser
  • The Unvirginiser

You ain't gettin' your tings?!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (YourNeighborhoodKiller @ Feb 28 2008, 01:33)
Think Snake will die?

A lot of people have been talking about that. And some even think you'll play as Raiden later on in the game. I personally think so as well.

Also there is a lot of characters returning in this game. Like Meryl and EVA for example.

EVA is in it? wouldn't that make her like 90?

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 February 2008 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (The Unvirginiser @ Feb 28 2008, 02:30)
QUOTE (YourNeighborhoodKiller @ Feb 28 2008, 01:33)
Think Snake will die?

EVA is in it? wouldn't that make her like 90?

I can guess so.

She's considering herself now as "Big Mama".

It's going to be pretty interesting to see what her role is in the game.

topdogkiller
  • topdogkiller

The Unseen

• Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:51 AM

can't wait untill it comes out. I finally will get to know the truth behind the patriots and laleluleelo

Jr. Young
  • Jr. Young

• Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:47 AM

This game is the main reason I've been considering buying a PS3. Currently own a PS2 / 360 / Gaming PC.

Absolutely love the series. If I had to measure favorites thus far, it'd be... 1 > 3 > 2 (very close for 1 and 3, while 2's a ways off)~

Anyhow, PS3 prices'll have to come down a bit more (and I also might wait out until titles like GT5 and GoW3 are released as well), before I can thoroughly enjoy what's guaranteed to be one truly amazing game. inlove.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:14 PM

I think Raiden will be a playable character at some point. Maybe a few of scenes. Cause we see him fighting with Vamp in that trailer. He looks cool now so what the hell. I wanna play as everyone.
And I dont think Snake will die. It is Kojima after all that makes the game. He is known for jokes like that
And online is gonna be sick cool.gif

One thing puzzling me though

In MGS3 The Patriots are called The Philosophers. And they changed their name to Patriots and la-li-lu-le-lo during the 70s
So where did Major Zero come with the idea for a password "Who are the Patriots" and "la-li-lu-le-lo"

To all of you who didn't play MGS3, you should the MGS3:Subsistence (it has a real 3rd person view lol)

JamesHarris135
  • JamesHarris135

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

• Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:16 PM

Eva is 74 according to one fansite

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (JamesHarris135 @ Feb 28 2008, 20:16)
Eva is 74 according to one fansite

Well, Kojima did say that every surviving character will return (or something like that). And that we will find out everything that hasn't been revealed in previous games about characters and their motives. And most important about Patriots.

And, I can bet Big Boss will be involved. In my opinion Liquid Ocelot will resurrect Big Boss

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users