Photo

San Andreas drifting

87 replies to this topic
metakn1ght
  • metakn1ght

Snitch

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 05:34 AM

Ok. I see people stunting on SA-MP but not much drifting going on... I for one LOVE SA-MP drifting, but it seems to be dying. nobody does it anymore. San Andreas drifting is dying. I want to keep it alive.. and i was just wondering if there was anybody out there who still loves SA drifting. And also, if your a real SA drifter like me, you wont use custom handling lines. Now thats the main thing. Most people are using custom handling lines and the stock handling lines are just very unpopular. So what? It still is good. Custom handling lines is not SA drifting....

Anyways, does anybody still drift?? i wish one day somebody would make a drifting tournament on SA-MP. To see the REAL DriftKing.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:15 AM

Im still an original drifter. I have always loved SA drifting, since it first came out and seeing as im on PS2, there is no way i can use custom handling, or whatever that is. I've also made a few vids but they dont seem to want to download onto my comp, unfortunatly.
The cars i use for drifting are the Elegy and Infernus mainly, but i have been getting into drifting in Phoenix's, Buffalo's and Clovers.
My favourite places for drifting are easily Pal Creek, the circular on-ramps onto the SF freeway south of SF, Bone County (never LV) and mostly the streets of LS to test my reactions when i drift a corner, see a on-coming car and have to abandon my drift, dodge the car and still control it, which is some fun.

Great Topic icon14.gif

tw!tch
  • tw!tch

●̪

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:24 AM

twitch is a drifter, however not much anymore. it seems to have died not for the lack of interest, but for the lack of originality. i feel it died because of so many noobs drifting the same places (like silly parking lots in LV). back in my ps2 days i drifted many original corners of my own, but now that im pc, if you meet up on a server sometime, i wouldnt mind it.

EDIT: also a win topic icon14.gif .

sheek...
  • sheek...

-Living GTA Everyday-

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:39 PM

I love drifting even though, I'm on ps2 also. I like to get a good warm up going in a car park or parking lot and hit the streets some of my favorite spots are San fierro- Calton heights, downtown, financial district, and missionary hill. When I'm in SF I usually stick with an elegy or a jester, When I'm in Las Venturas I like to drift exotics mostly infernus and Super GT I mostly like to stick to desert towns and backroads. Los Santos is where I swing old schools like buffalo, pheonix and blades (when I'm feeling cocky) If the hood is good I drift the hood but if it's alot of rivalry I hit the dirt roads, highways, and alot of Red County.

Great Saiyaman
  • Great Saiyaman

Coming Soon...

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2008 - 04:42 PM

i still drift, but i use my own handling line i usually drift every corner i come to

Great Saiyaman.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 07:21 PM Edited by cjspeed, 25 February 2008 - 08:02 PM.

i drift. but im on xbox so i cant play mp.

my main drift cars are elegy, clover, buffalo and the bloodring banger. i have one vid of me drifting during the mission where you have to rob someplace with catalina because i was bored so i just quickly drifted around.( i think it was Montgomery). erm, i think i'll have to load my vid onto youtube so i can show you from there but i just gotta figure out how to do that first lol.

gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:35 PM

I still drift a lot, But I do usually but custom handling in for drifting tounge.gif

Great Saiyaman
  • Great Saiyaman

Coming Soon...

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 February 2008 - 08:38 PM

heres my drift of akina

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:17 AM

QUOTE (sheek... @ Feb 26 2008, 05:39)
When I'm in SF I usually stick with an elegy or a jester,

How do you drift with a front wheel drive car?
Jesters in real life are Supras, which are rear wheel drive, but in the game they are front wheel drive. It isnt possibly to drift properly with a Jester, unless you just E-turn the corner.

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:46 AM

QUOTE (Great Saiyaman @ Feb 25 2008, 20:38)
heres my drift of akina

That looks like how I drive normally - and I don't just mean in GTA biggrin.gif

Steve

daviescirca93
  • daviescirca93

So maybe I'm a little retarded...

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 February 2008 - 05:55 PM

I've only played SA-MP once (last night tbp) and it was enjoyable, but I think ill be drifting if no one else is, KEEP SAMP DRIFTING ALIVE!!! biggrin.gif

sheek...
  • sheek...

-Living GTA Everyday-

• Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 07:52 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Feb 26 2008, 03:17)
QUOTE (sheek... @ Feb 26 2008, 05:39)
When I'm in SF I usually stick with an elegy or a jester,

How do you drift with a front wheel drive car?
Jesters in real life are Supras, which are rear wheel drive, but in the game they are front wheel drive. It isnt possibly to drift properly with a Jester, unless you just E-turn the corner.

I'm glad you brought that up the jester is one of what I call 'special condition' cars I usually paint them a special color (to identify them) and are equipped with nitro. I only drive them while it's raining or a sandstorm and are in the closest safehouse to where I like to drive them, such as the jester is at the safehouse in Calton Heights. Mostly it's speed, ebrake, and timing for me, and plus R34 and Supra are my favorite imports so I'm going to make a way for me to swing it lol.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:35 PM

i mostly drift the the infernus now(NSX LOOK ALIKE!!!!! biggrin.gif ) and sometimes the erm...Rx-7 look alike('cause i forgot its name).

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (cjspeed @ Feb 27 2008, 10:35)
i mostly drift the the infernus now(NSX LOOK ALIKE!!!!! biggrin.gif ) and sometimes the erm...Rx-7 look alike('cause i forgot its name).

The RX-7 'look a like', is called the ZR-350. Not a bad car, but i personally would drift it.
The Infernus is good though.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:37 AM

Try the Windsor (E-Type). Not especially fast, but listen to that engine! And it drifts. Good looking car too. smile.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 27 February 2008 - 08:56 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Feb 27 2008, 21:37)
Try the Windsor (E-Type). Not especially fast, but listen to that engine! And it drifts. Good looking car too. smile.gif

Yea, that Jag is also one of my favourite drifting cars, although i always forget to add it when listing my favourite drifting cars. Drifting cars dont necessarily need to be fast anyway, but it just slides so perectly well, it was made to drift (some would say).

sheek...
  • sheek...

-Living GTA Everyday-

• Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 03:53 AM

I agree I totally forgot about the windsor, it has good speed and it drifts good. I also like the nitro is right behind you head I like to paint them black and put virtual rims on it real nice good retro look. Just a thought I think they should've made the windsor a hardtop like the original E-type. But I think the in-game models with the convertible top up are ugly and the top doesn't go right with the car.

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (sheek... @ Feb 27 2008, 08:52)
I'm glad you brought that up the jester is one of what I call 'special condition' cars I usually paint them a special color (to identify them) and are equipped with nitro. I only drive them while it's raining or a sandstorm and are in the closest safehouse to where I like to drive them, such as the jester is at the safehouse in Calton Heights. Mostly it's speed, ebrake, and timing for me, and plus R34 and Supra are my favorite imports so I'm going to make a way for me to swing it lol.

Ah, i see. I was going to say that trying to drift in the rain would be far more effective while usong the Jester, otherwise, it wouldnt be classed as a drift car.

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 February 2008 - 01:45 PM Edited by OG Viking, 28 February 2008 - 01:48 PM.

You can easily drift with the Hustler too. And even with the Bobcat in spite of its 4WD.

Doing it with slow vehicles is just as fun as fast ones. The fun is short lasting with faster cars.. wow.gif

EDIT:
And the Savanna if you like to drift with absolutely no control. tounge2.gif

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (OG Viking @ Feb 29 2008, 02:45)
And even with the Bobcat in spite of its 4WD.

I perfer the Sadler far more than the Bobcat, in fact, it is one of my most favourite 4WD cars.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:31 PM

Since my game is modified with different cars, can what I do be called SA drifting? The handling lines are all what the author gave with the replacement car.

Some of my favourites for drifting include the XA Falcon GT, Dodge Charger R/T (1969), Chevelle SS 454 and the 1963 Impala. Throwing that big tank around is plenty of fun. Not to mention the 1932 Ford hot rod...

I guess muscle car drifting is my definite favourite.

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members

Posted 29 February 2008 - 12:55 PM

I drift anywhere I can devil.gif

OG Viking
  • OG Viking

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (!!GameCH33TA!! @ Feb 29 2008, 10:14)
QUOTE (OG Viking @ Feb 29 2008, 02:45)
And even with the Bobcat in spite of its 4WD.

I perfer the Sadler far more than the Bobcat, in fact, it is one of my most favourite 4WD cars.

I just checked my vehicle data list. I have been mistaking the Sadler for being slow, but it is in fact much more potent than the Bobcat. Maybe the way the Bobcat sounds (V6) and the poor grip made me believe the oposite.

A Freeway on grassland can also be mentioned. tounge.gif
When I'm on the countryside, desperate to escape The Law.. I must take the first possible vehicle. Often it is a Freeway, and attempting to outrun Rangers usually leads to highly involuntary sliding. sigh.gif

Great Saiyaman
  • Great Saiyaman

Coming Soon...

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:39 PM

i just use the elegy and turismo

sheek...
  • sheek...

-Living GTA Everyday-

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (Great Saiyaman @ Feb 29 2008, 17:39)
i just use the elegy and turismo

I like the turismo but not for drifting, it looks to frail and fragile and it looks like a ferrari F-50 suffering from anorexia but it doesn't stop it from being quick I might add

LITE992*
  • LITE992*

Corporal Vance of the V-Rock Army

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:22 AM

Ive first started drifting in the NFS series. Ive learned a few things from it but in not sure GTA physics are the same. But your best cars to drive are AWD and RWD.

sheek...
  • sheek...

-Living GTA Everyday-

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (LITE992* @ Feb 29 2008, 18:22)
Ive first started drifting in the NFS series. Ive learned a few things from it but in not sure GTA physics are the same. But your best cars to drive are AWD and RWD.

I wish the physics were like NFS, but if they were you would somewhat have a hard time drifting because in NFS they have slick tracks desined for drifting

!!GC!!
  • !!GC!!

-Street Racer-

• Members

Posted 01 March 2008 - 10:19 AM Edited by !!GameCH33TA!!, 01 March 2008 - 10:35 AM.

QUOTE (Great Saiyaman @ Mar 1 2008, 12:39)
i just use the turismo

Wow, u'd have a hard time drifting that. It has far too much power/BHP, it just turns itself back straight so all you get to do is powerslide, much like the Infernus, but much worse, because at lower speeds, the Infernus can be drifted rather well.

LITE992*
  • LITE992*

Corporal Vance of the V-Rock Army

• Members

Posted 02 March 2008 - 12:53 AM Edited by LITE992*, 02 March 2008 - 12:56 AM.

hey Great Saiyaman where can I download that mod? If the railings break off it could be like NFS Carbon Canyon Drifting...

Also like to add nice smoke... I might get that 2

Makotronic
  • Makotronic

Average Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 March 2008 - 02:21 AM

VC Drifiting > SA Drifting, due to lower traffic and due to the mad drifting that the infernus does.

Some of you should try it sometime.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users