Photo

Darkel: What are the facts?

114 replies to this topic
fiercedeity9
  • fiercedeity9

Snitch

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:02 AM

This topic will go no further. We cannot get any new information and it has been established that:

a) Kids and Darkel were removed by Rockstar. (This can be proved by the GTA3 Beta video on Youtube which clearly shows a schoolbus driving around.)
b) Darkel gave out rampages.
c) The dodo and the police were changed because of 9/11. This lead to mission changes.

There is NO MORE INFORMATION we can find unless we get in contact with a representative of Rockstar or even better, part of the dev team.

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:07 AM

a) Kids and Darkel were removed by Rockstar. (This can be proved by the GTA3 Beta video on Youtube which clearly shows a schoolbus driving around.)

I do not think there was kids at all.

c) The dodo and the police were changed because of 9/11. This lead to mission changes.

Dodo - Wasn't changed because of 9/11.
Police - Maybe, but i think no. Not proven.

@Dodo, look here: http://www.gouranga....f-info-gta3.htm
Airplane3 - (damaged Cessna used in a mission to jump/fly over a wall)

Dodo had clipped wings from the beginning

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 14 March 2009 - 02:58 PM Edited by Urban Legend, 14 March 2009 - 03:01 PM.

Hey, let us forget the reason behind the changes. Even figuring out the solution won't do much good. Really, what would it do if we knew those things were changed due to that ill event? Not much I think.

So how can we put Darkel back into the game? sigh.gif

QUOTE (fiercedeity9 @ Mar 14 2009, 06:02)
This topic will go no further. We cannot get any new information and it has been established that:

b) Darkel gave out rampages.

There is NO MORE INFORMATION we can find unless we get in contact with a representative of Rockstar or even better, part of the dev team.

Can we just agree with this everyone? Or rather just agree to disagree and get along with things. tounge.gif

Dragonex100
  • Dragonex100

I run this town! Me!

• Members

Posted 14 March 2009 - 09:41 PM

Was there REALLY going to be KIDS?

uteclaude
  • uteclaude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2009 - 04:17 PM

I do have 1 question.If the Dodo was supposed to be clipped from the start why is there a picture of a full winged Dodo on 1 of the pages in the game guide you get with the game.Just for show or was there going to be a full winged version and Rockstar changed their minds?

Urban Legend
  • Urban Legend

No, f*ck no.

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 15 March 2009 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (Dragonex100 @ Mar 14 2009, 17:41)
Was there REALLY going to be KIDS?

Were there really going to be kids? We do not know... we can only draw conclusions from the school bus. But no one ever saw a kid in beta screenshots or drawings.

QUOTE (uteclaude @ Mar 15 2009, 12:17)
I do have 1 question.If the Dodo was supposed to be clipped from the start why is there a picture of a full winged Dodo on 1 of the pages in the game guide you get with the game.Just for show or was there going to be a full winged version and Rockstar changed their minds?

Most agree it wasn't supposed to be clipped. A 'full winged' Dodo was originally planned. But for some reason, was removed.

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 02:10 PM

What he said.The kids were only planned.That's my guess.

Ghost glendale fan 4 live
  • Ghost glendale fan 4 live

Libby-Ketchup city!

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:05 PM

Does Somebody remember an thread about some very weird laughter, happening in-game, supposed to be darkel's laughter ?

Ghost Bear
  • Ghost Bear

addIIIct

• Members

Posted 17 March 2009 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE (Ghost glendale fan 4 live @ Mar 17 2009, 16:05)
Does Somebody remember an thread about some very weird laughter, happening in-game, supposed to be darkel's laughter ?

Laugh is from medics and SWATs.

sgt.slaughter
  • sgt.slaughter

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:03 PM Edited by sgt.slaughter, 13 September 2009 - 09:06 PM.

Well OK,I dunno why the public services would laugh hysterically,but when he said "very weird laughter",I thought about the suicide bombers Catalina sent to blow you up.

GTAMaffia
  • GTAMaffia

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:47 PM Edited by GTAMaffia, 30 April 2011 - 09:48 AM.

This are all the Darkel and Curtly missions.

Curtly:

The Money Owner: Curtly wants you to kill a guy who owns him money and doesn't wanna pay him.

Salvatore's Yakuza Visit: Some Yakuza members came to Salvatore's mansion to kill him, so Curtly wants you to go to his mansion to protect him by killing them.

The Kidnap: A friend of Curtly has been kidnapped, so he wants you to rescue him.

Emotional Revenge: Now that friend who was kidnapped has been murderd, and he wants you to kill the guys that killed him.

Novy's Darkel Trouble: A friend of Curtly called Tom Novy is under attack by Darkel's men because he said something about Darkel on the radio, so he wants you to protect Novy by killing all of Darkel's men.

Darkel:

Child's Play: To bomb a school bus full of high schoolers.

School's Out: To blow up a high school building.

I Scream, You Scream: To lure peds to an ice cream van and then blow it up.

The Suicide Mission: To drive Darkel's men to a place where they blow them selves up by other people.

Bank Money In Flames: To blow up a bank van with bank money inside.

Rampage!: To get a rocket launcher and blow up some cars.

Welcome To Hell: To burn some people alive with a flame thrower.

So Long Curtly: You have to kill Curtly because he thinks that he protected Novy while Darkel's men tried to kill him because he's a friend of him.

Dodo practice: You have to learn how to fly a Dodo for the Dodo terrorist missions.

Flight Delay: To bomb the airport with a Dodo.

Stadium Flight Fright: To bomb the stadium with a Dodo because Darkel's favorite football team has lost the game.

Love Hurts: To crash a Dodo into the Love Media building to destroy it and killing Donald Love and Claude dies as well. This was the final mission in the game.

Prometheus
  • Prometheus

• None

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:53 PM Edited by PrometheusX, 30 April 2011 - 03:39 PM.

Well I found the REAL darkel missions in the ps2 game files, if you want to see it here is my thread:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=475451

ChopTheDog.
  • ChopTheDog.

War. War never changes.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:02 AM Edited by The_Sorrow, 30 April 2011 - 08:06 AM.

QUOTE (Darkshade12 @ Feb 22 2008, 21:45)
There are 3 bums in the tunnels rumoured to be Darkels assistants

wow.gif the bums in the tunnel behind 8balls place?

Curtly:

The Money Owner: Curtly wants you to kill a guy who owns him money and doesn't wanna pay him.

Salvatore's Yakuza Visit: Some Yakuza members came to Salvatore's mansion to kill him, so Curtly wants you to go to his mansion and kill them.

The Kidnap: A friend of Curtly has been kidnapped, so he wants you to rescue him.

Emotional Revenge: Now that friend who was kidnapped has been murderd, and he wants you to kill the guys that killed him.

Novy's Darkel Trouble: A friend of Curtly called Tom Novy is under attack by Darkel's men because he said something about Darkel on the radio, so he wants you to protect Novy by killing all of Darkel's men.

Darkel:

The Suicide Mission: To drive Darkel's men to a place where they blow them selves up by other people.

So Long Curtly: You have to kill Curtly because he thinks that he protected Novy while Darkel's men tried to kill him because he's a friend of him.

Dodo practice: You have to learn how to fly a Dodo for the Dodo terrorist missions.

Stadium Flight Fright: To bomb the stadium with a Dodo because Darkel's favorite football team has lost the game.

Love Hurts: To crash a Dodo into the Love Media building to destroy it and killing Donald Love and Claude dies as well. This was the final mission in the game.

And cool very interesting.

GTAMaffia
  • GTAMaffia

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (The_Sorrow @ Apr 30 2011, 10:02)
QUOTE (Darkshade12 @ Feb 22 2008, 21:45)

wow.gif the bums in the tunnel behind 8balls place?

Curtly:

Salvatore's Yakuza Visit: Some Yakuza members came to Salvatore's mansion to kill him, so Curtly wants you to go to his mansion and kill them.

Darkel:

And cool very interesting.

Yes smile.gif

sibs44
  • sibs44

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 30 April 2011 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (GTAMaffia @ Apr 29 2011, 20:47)

Curtly:

Salvatore's Yakuza Visit: Some Yakuza members came to Salvatore's mansion to kill him, so Curtly wants you to go to his mansion to protect him by killing them.

Darkel:

Wow... Darkel's missions were pretty messed up. It sucks we couldn't play those missions but I can definitely see why he was cut from the game. Although Curtly's mission's would have been alright.

GTAMaffia
  • GTAMaffia

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (sibs44 @ Apr 30 2011, 15:46)
QUOTE (GTAMaffia @ Apr 29 2011, 20:47)

Curtly:

Darkel:

Wow... Darkel's missions were pretty messed up. It sucks we couldn't play those missions but I can definitely see why he was cut from the game. Although Curtly's mission's would have been alright.

Afcourse you could play them.

WhistleBlower
  • WhistleBlower

GTA III era fanatic

• Members

Posted 04 May 2011 - 04:31 AM

Hmmm... Well, it's no fun if you die in the end. lol.gif

Thunderfuckrapist
  • Thunderfuckrapist

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:17 AM

he made it up.

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

That would be funny if R* will release GTA 3 - missing story, or forgotten story and there's Darkel etc. :E

Filip454
  • Filip454

TITS OR GTFO

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2011 - 01:10 PM

All these articles are old as bullsh*t :E

Every beta lover knows this. Also, if you followed Gouranga every month when the game was in production, you should know, why he was removed.

Only true fans will know everything. You must read everything about GTA 3.

Also, I remember this big hype, when GTA was coming out. WOW. Also, see my channel for some beta videos if you want guys - blue police car from e3 - I recovered all these videos which were broken.
www.youtube.com/filipcreate

l0cKd0wn-UnIt
  • l0cKd0wn-UnIt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (Darkshade12 @ Friday, Feb 22 2008, 20:45)

4 bums you mean? with molotov cocktails colgate.gif

yanfeng
  • yanfeng

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

Thank you for sharing . The post growth of my knowledgemicrosoft office 2010 online

Wercury
  • Wercury

God bless chainsaws!

• Members

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:08 PM

GTAMafia made some of those up, didn't he?
I really, really doubt Love Hurts even existed, or was the final mission in the game, and had Claude dying at the end.
If it was like that, it didn't have a "Final Mission" feel, no climax, no dead antagonists. And they wouldn't make Claude die.

stef_92
  • stef_92

GTA3 Freak

• Members

Posted 08 August 2011 - 02:56 PM

Where did you get any information about Curtly? Are you sure that it is right? Because I am not sure at all!

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Saturday, Feb 23 2008, 07:26)
I don't know, but its the only way you would ever find out more about Darkel.

Heres he is IMDB.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0278446/

Google around and maybe you'll find his email or something.

Yeah, if we could also send an E-Mail to Curtis McClarin...Voice actor of Curtly, then we would know...
All Info about him...

Yeah same goes to Darkel's voice actor,
I think heard rumors that his house was under Callahan Bridge, not sure exactly, though,
I gotta say, they could at least keep the dodo with wings...
And replace some other vehicle instead of Dodo for import export...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users