496 replies to this topic
Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:06 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 23 2008, 11:02)
QUOTE (Waddy)
It take's me one push of a button to ban your ass from the entire forums and I enjoy doing it.

First step to corruption, mate. sigh.gif

You have been warned.
Dont tempt me.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:12 AM

Well, I had my fun. Time to pack up and go take the car for a spin.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 23 2008, 05:12)
Well, I had my fun. Time to pack up and go take the car for a spin.

There, he kept going. Just f*cking ban him already. tounge.gif

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:26 PM

What happened while I was gone?

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 12:17 AM Edited by streetfire, 24 March 2008 - 12:34 AM.

QUOTE (Picolini)
There, he kept going. Just f*cking ban him already.  tounge.gif

I'm known way too well for kicking it up a notch. icon14.gif

It's fun going against the large majority that hate me. tounge.gif

QUOTE (lurchseesu420)
What happened while I was gone?

To sum it up in one go, this is what happened:

user posted image

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 24 March 2008 - 01:02 AM Edited by kevin2006rhs, 24 March 2008 - 01:04 AM.

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 23 2008, 19:17)
I'm known way too well for kicking it up a notch.  icon14.gif

It's fun going against the large majority that hate me. tounge.gif

Its not that you are "going against the large majority that hate [you]". Its the fact that you go into a room, piss people off and create a void with you on one side and everyone else on the other. And don't give me some bullsh*t like "tristan and gutiarrocker think the same way I do" because they clearly don't act on it like you do. You poke at a beehive, you get stung. They are smart enough to let personal views be over shodowed by facts.

I don't hate you, I hate your ideals and blinded view on the outside world. Don't get me wrong, your persistence is admirable, its just pointed in a direction where the facts are against you. What I am worried that this close-minded view of the automotive possibly being an even smaller part of a really big problem.

Quit while you are ahead. I am not saying to concede, I know you will bitch and scrape on no matter how wrong you are, but just give the hell up. You are only getting yourself in trouble because you want to hold a a childish argument against people throwing facts at you.

Didn't you get banned from here?

EDIT: Hi Justin.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs)
BTW, how old are you?

So you're saying that you treat me differently to tristan and guitarrocker? When you don't agree with him the first thing you say is 'How old are you?'... that's when everyone can tell you've been proven wrong.

They are smart enough to let personal views be over shodowed by facts.

I don't ever remember guitarrocker or tristan ever giving up, or conceding defeat.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 24 March 2008 - 03:53 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 23 2008, 21:44)
QUOTE (kevin2006rhs)
BTW, how old are you?

So you're saying that you treat me differently to tristan and guitarrocker? When you don't agree with him the first thing you say is 'How old are you?'... that's when everyone can tell you've been proven wrong.

The last thing I asked was "How old are you?". Did you even read anything I wrote? You f*ckin moron. Dont quote other if you are just going to try to misconstrue what they say to work in your favor. Epically when the post your quoting is a click away.

Heres the post for your reference:

QUOTE (me)
QUOTE (guitarrocker @ Mar 22 2008, 18:25)
You know those top fuel drag cars? Those are 500 CI HEMI's. And they're running 4's. So yes... all V8's are just slow pieces of trash... dozingoff.gif Tell yourself what you want, you gotta respect it. Like I said before, I'm not a muscle car fanboy, there are plenty of imports out there I would love to own.

Stop running your mouth kid, I've proven my point.

Yeah, I think we all know that a Hemi V8 can do 4seconds in a 1/4. But stating that is like arguing who has the bigger penis at a lesbian convention. I know it takes a ton of technology to make a car do 350mph in a 1/4 mile but what takes just as much or more technology is getting a car to run 12s or better, pull 1.0+g, and brake so you don't end up in a gravel pit. Big American and Aussie V8s are great, they are fun...but you will find more stock imports pulling better 1/4 mile times than you will find stock classic and modern "muscle cars".

Somewhere along the line market and demand generally split at a cross roads. Down one road went big pulling V8 muscle, down another larger road went practical yet very well preforming street cars, and down the third and longest road when your boring and practical everyday cars. Sure, a few of those roads crossed paths here and there, but the fact still remains that the automotive market has changed over the years and people what all three roads to travel on. Now you have cars that get off the line like a bat out of hell, corner like nobody's business, and can still appeal to the civility of a daily commuter with a constant or occasional "lead foot". And lets face it, when it comes time to purchase a car people tend to look at Japanese and European makes for those purposes.

Now I am not saying that the other companies can't provide that experience, but they generally fail when they do or its hit or miss when they make that market. Take for example the GTO, it had performance that rivaled and/or beat the Mustang. But when it came down to sales, they couldn't do it. And the Mustang, as well as other V8 auto icons, as good as they are, you will find more than a tenfold their numbers in cars that can out-preform them on the strip and track.

The main point is that for every "muscle car" or V8 powered car out there, there are 5 or 10 as well or better preforming cars with more sense and appeal to the daily driver. Everyone wants a Corvette or a Camaro or a Mustang or any muscle car for that matter because of the shear impracticality of the vehicle, because thats what makes it fun and unique. Once you step into the realm of practical muscle cars, people tend to boo and hiss because that appeal is lost.

Lets just face the facts that in this Aussie/American Muscle vs. All other cars war, all the other cars won. I don't care if you can show a V8 beating a 4 banger or a 4 banger beating a V8, the truth is, it doesn't matter. Just look at todays market to see who won. The muscle cars of yore are long gone, practical and versatile vehicles still run the market, and practical yet well preforming cars are in are taking over. Now a days, people want it all, looks, power, durability, and performance. People want to be able to haul around their nuclear family of 2.2 children, get 25mpg, fell all cushy and safe, and still be able to have fun when you romp on the pedal. Muscle Cars and other performance motivated vehicles don't tickle that fancy. So companies, mainly Japanese and European makes, are ahead of that curve. But who knows what the future holds for those companies a little behind the curve.

BTW, how old are you?

He also strongly agreed with me:
QUOTE (guitarrocker)
Thank you for showing common sense here!

rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (streetfire)
They are smart enough to let personal views be over shadowed by facts.

I don't ever remember guitarrocker or tristan ever giving up, or conceding defeat.

I wasn't saying give up as in they conceit to defeat, they just let the argument go. They realize there is a line between personal opinion and general fact. Something you can't seem to do.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:09 AM

@ Streetfire

user posted image

Move on.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:35 AM

Is that you on the ground?

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 23 2008, 23:35)
Is that you on the ground?

Yes, and you're the nagging twat.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 March 2008 - 04:48 AM

Better than being dead. rampage_ani.gif

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 24 March 2008 - 05:52 AM

Will you two shut the f*ck up already and take it to PM?

As much as I love watching you two battle it out over the never ending "rice vs. muscle" argument, this topic isn't about rice, or muscle.

It's about the car BCspeed is 'converting'.

You of all people should know to cut this sh*t out, TLC, you've been banned from here before. Be the bigger man and just let it die. I know you have that much in you.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:13 AM

I've actually requested a lock on this. I'm through with this bullsh*t. Maybe I'll start a new topic in the future.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:32 AM

That's a shame man, I was actually looking forward to seeing progress on this. Would've been great had a select few not ruined it.

Good luck with it anyways. smile.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:37 AM

I'll probably just post some bigger updates in the "post a pic of your car" thread. Probably after I get my kit I will make a diary per se. This style just isn't working out on this site.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 24 March 2008 - 07:09 AM

Can I suggest we lock this and you start a new topic? A topic that if a certain member posts in will result in their banning?

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:46 AM

QUOTE (BCspeed34 @ Mar 24 2008, 06:13)
I've actually requested a lock on this. I'm through with this bullsh*t. Maybe I'll start a new topic in the future.

Good idea

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2008 - 03:38 AM

*Many thanks to whomever unlocked this* smile.gif

Anyhow, I think I better get this topic back on track. With streetfire gone, things can finally be at peace. So I think you all are expecting some huge transformation. Well sorry, I don't have any. This is where I am currently, which is just as I was two months ago lol.gif

user posted image

However, I had a bunch of other sh*t weighing down my funds, but alas, no more. Right now I have enough for a JDM-spec carbon hood (Lancer 5/6) and will be purchasing it just as soon as the seller is ready. I am buying it used, half off the new price! So unfortunatley for you carbon-lovers, this hood will be painted black. And also, that is only money saved up in online funds. I have a little bit in cash, so I am going to pick up an EVO 9 spoiler (with carbon).

But yeah, if you don't already know, I will be converting this, not imitating or ricing, this Mirage into an EVO 5 or 6, I am still undecided. That means body, and JDM engine come next year. I already have a JDM MOMO wheel installed, and EVO headlights waiting on the hood.

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:12 AM

When I saw this at the top of the first page with no orange letter, I though my account settings were f*cked up. Good to see this thing is getting back on track though. I still want to see a full AWD evo conversion. None of this look-a-like only sh*t. Either way, it's going to be fast with an EVO engine.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:13 AM

I'll be glued once you get to the drive-train, motor segment of this swap, however I am interested how the spoiler and headlights play out.

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

Something tells me that all that power is going to make this thing torque steer like a bitch When the JDM engine is in there. What kind of drivetrain upgrades is this thing getting? I doubt a stock mirage tranny could handle that power.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 June 2008 - 04:35 AM

I will be using an EVO tranny converted to FWD, or AWD if I have the rear end set-up before I get the engine. I found a rear subframe from an EVO 4 on ebay going for about $400 shipped, plus I know one of the guys working for the company that is selling it. So that may be a nice summer project for me.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 02 June 2008 - 06:51 PM

Well this is taking a nice turn. I actually commend you for the intentions of painting the hood. Carbon fiber is light and thats what its purpose is. Not painting it kinda makes me think the guy is screaming "omglookieatme!!!". Either way, have fun wiht that subframe. YOu really shouldnt have a problem getting it in. Your mirage and the JDM Lancer are the same thing so you should have bolt holes or weld points that you can bolt the sub-frame straight into.

Honestly, I would get the subframe first. Reason being that if you spend a good day or two with the car up on the lift all you will need to drive the car is grease in the rear diff. You wont need the engine and trannie swap to keep the car running and you wont have the throw the gear and hole blocks in the trannie for FWD use. You will just be driving a fully independent suspension equipped Mirage.

Then when you get the trannie, engine, computers, wiring harness, and driveshaft, you will only have to worry about those things getting installed.

BTW, do you know if you will need to do any transmission/driveshaft tunnel work? I don't know if you will need to create a tunnel or if Mitsubishi just left it like the evo.

MaroonZ28
  • MaroonZ28

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

What shape is the subframe in? If you get a used one, I'd put some POR-15 on it if I were you. That is some of the best paint you can use to keep rust at bay and prevent it in the long run. Just take your time on it and all should turn out well. Keep plenty of photos of your build and good luck!

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 June 2008 - 11:41 PM

Alright well I just found out that my seller for the hood has decided to keep as he doesn't have enough for a new hood right now. So I have a bit of financial planning to do now tounge.gif

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 02:23 AM

Buy the spoiler then.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:17 AM

He hasn't replied back, after a week lol.gif

But, I have very good news. I found a guy locally with an EVO front bumper and an EVO 5 trunk with reflectors! So I will be picking those up this weekend if I like them.

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 June 2008 - 04:31 AM

Just wondering, but how much is this stuff (hood, wing, trunk, rockers, f & r fascias, etc.) costing? Sounds like it's expensive.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:13 AM

-Hood was going to be $250 + shipping used ($500+ shipping new)
-EVO 8 spoiler was $100, no reply
-Trunk will be $350 with the reflectors, came off an EVO 5
-Front bumper will be $100
-Rear bumper, side skirts, fender pair, EVO 6 spoiler, $180 apiece + shipping

So in total, new, this could cost me nearly $1500 for everything.

The engine will be around 3g's but since I am not that much of an experienced driver at the moment, I will wait on that until 2009. Saving for that will come from a summer job. I have just sold crap around the house like my PSP, RC cars, DS, car parts, etc. for this stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users