Photo

BC's 98' Mirage LS

496 replies to this topic
Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 18 March 2008 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (chris cambo @ Mar 17 2008, 13:53)
user posted image

now you have biggrin.gif

In person....

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 March 2008 - 05:24 AM

That's funny, I saw a white EVO today, with green rims, 15% tint, and a massive HKS intercooler with a modified front bumper to allow airflow. And thats all I can recall. It actually didn't look half bad.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 17 2008, 09:40)
QUOTE (Picolini @ Mar 17 2008, 06:42)
Most Evo's around here are either silver, black or whilte. Mostly silver, I think. Must be a UK thing with the white.
You may have missed it on the last page, but he did say he's waiting on funds for the hood and stuff, and might be regretting getting the steering wheel so soon tounge.gif

I don't think I've ever seen a white Evo, but I see white STI's all the time.

Lol, barely ever ANY white STi's around here. They're usually blue or black. Black looks so f*cking nice...

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 March 2008 - 07:55 AM

Picked up some new tires finally, new ones all around. I also found another Mirage really close by. The guy wants $800 and it has a clean title, but with damage to the hood, bumper, lights, and fender. This means if I get my bodykit soon, I can use my old parts to fix up this other Mirage and sell it for 3k. It has under 100k miles.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:09 AM

Does the crap Mirage have a Manual or Auto trans?

guitarrocker
  • guitarrocker

And they won't rest until you're dead.

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 08:26 AM Edited by guitarrocker, 22 March 2008 - 08:42 AM.

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 12 2008, 23:27)
QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 12 2008, 03:39)
Yeah he will  tounge.gif

I don't really have much to say because I'm not a ricemobile fan; just stay away from the exposed intercooler look, that is just plain rice...

The 60's called, they want this guy back.

user posted image

user posted image

Family business?

Must suck to know a $4500 93 GSX with about two paychecks invested could shove a bucket of sh*t down your (insert boring muscle car)'s throat, on your own playing field, the straight line. Or supra...

....or rx-7. Or skyline, or 300zx.... er I'll stop now. Or rather, the guy with the daily driven 12 second 6 cylinder car that's actually practical will stop now.

Mess with better topics, get the horns.

@BCSpeed, after reading this guy's posts, I sincerely hope you stick with this car and update us. I've realized why I care more about this generation of cars.

If it's AWD, they'll say it won because it's AWD. If it's RWD, they say it won because it's turbo, if it's N/A, they'll say it won because it's expensive & not worth the value. Sore losers if there ever were any. Man up and admit the muscle days were memories.

Please don't start the whole 'rice vs. muscle' argument again.

Heed your own advice, hick. But it's cute you thought there was any "argument".

You could dump "a couple of paychecks" into basically anything and come out with a relatively quick car. And I wouldn't call a Supra cheap, $25,000 will get you an MKIV with over 125,000 miles on it and a slushbox. Hardly practical.

Don't get me started on the RX-7... Boost goes in, Apex Seals come out. The FD chassis is one of the greatest chassis's to ever be produced in my opinion, but the rotary is one of the worst motors to be produced in my opinion also. There's LS1 powered FD's out there making loads more torque than the rotary ever would. And the car still maintains its 50/50 weight distribution thanks to the all aluminum block and heads that make the LS1 one of the best power/engine weight ratio'ed engines of all time.

I wouldn't say muscle car days are over. Yes, the day of real muscle cars being produced certainly are, and as far as I'm concerned, the F-Body leaving the scene was the bullet in the head in this situation. Yes, there were a few rays of hope (2004-2006 GTO), but I don't see any real muscle cars being made anymore. But just because these cars aren't being made anymore doesn't mean they don't still exist. A stock 99 Camaro was piloted to a 12.89 run on the factory tires and the paper air filter. Can you're $28,000+ car pull that off stock? Yeah maybe he had the !driver mod, but that's an impressive feat for any stock car that can be had for under $10,000 easily.

You're just jumping around here shooting crap about how your Z was sent by god and is some ultimate car. You look like a pretty cocky kid, don't let the fact that you have an expensive car get to your head my friend. By the way, 12's ain't too fast.

And what's up with you posting a bunch of YouTube videos of 4/6 cylinders beating V8's? For every video you put up of that, I could put up one of a V8 beating a 4 or a 6 cylinder. Point being, YouTube isn't a great source for performance knowledge, as common sense of any kind is fairly scarce on that site. You're pretty ignorant saying you beat V8's all day. There's always someone faster, whether he drives a V8 or a 4 cylinder. There's someone out there.

Moral, show some respect. I have a weak spot for Supras and the beautiful 2JZ. Hell, that could be one of the most potent tuning platforms out there. I even have been known too fall in love with some S2's. So I'm not just some muscle car fan mouthing off, I love all kinds of cars. It's the driver that makes the car a ricer. Act like a jackass, and you just went and labeled yourself.

Topic starter: Good luck with the build, I'm not a huge fan of the Evo mock-ups, but it's always cool to see someone getting to build their dream car. Be safe on the road.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2008 - 12:25 PM

Thank you very much for that Mate.

I have driven an import before. My mate owns it. It's a poverty-pack GTS25 R34 Skyline.
He has spent well over $30,000 on it.
It's a bloody fast car but it still can't keep up with things like HQ Holden V8s... until it hits 3rd gear.
At about 5300rpm you suddenly get flattened into the seat.
There is no fart cannon, pod filter or rice intercooler visible. The turbos are mounted low.
It's a nice stealth look. People don't know what hit them, it looks like a commuter car.
He also owns an HJ Prem with a supercharged 454.

BTW, the world's fastest men (on wheels) drive V8s tounge.gif

Back on topic: Make it RWD tounge.gif

-slash
  • -slash

thug life

• The Connection

Posted 22 March 2008 - 01:09 PM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 22 2008, 23:25)
Back on topic: Make it RWD tounge.gif

That's one thing we can agree on: Real men drive RWD.

Dummy shafts ftw.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 05:47 PM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 22 March 2008 - 06:10 PM.

I wanna thank the people at MOPAR for bumping up closed arguments

QUOTE (guitarrocker @ Mar 22 2008, 03:26)
*Opinionated Bullsh*t*
You're just jumping around here shooting crap about how your Z was sent by god and is some ultimate car. You look like a pretty cocky kid, don't let the fact that you have an expensive car get to your head my friend.

I think I said one sentence about my 6 cylinder daily driver running better times than a 400hp GTO, but other than that anything you think about my car is up to you.

I've probably complained about my Z more than I've boasted it. It is FAR from expensive. $28,000? I am selling mine this summer for $14,000.

A stock 99 Camaro was piloted to a 12.89 run on the factory tires and the paper air filter

By the way, 12's ain't too fast.

sarcasm.gif Atleast I have a general direction of where my posts are going when I make them.

The way I know you're emotionally employed by the likes of GM is that the only person boasting their car more than a Dupont race crew is streetfire with his goddamn torana. 2/3's of all his posts are about how much better it is than the American versions, or other cars on the road. But you don't notice that and come right on over to me. Your post has officially been ignored, and I will still never respect the muscle car when it's fan base is loitered with the likes of you two.

Anywho, on the topic of BSing until BC updates:

I have an extremely quick clip of a really big movie I'm making based around my clique's cars. It's only 10 seconds long and doesn't have any of the good stuff but it's an idea of the content the video will have: (Clip shows FD Rx-7, Mach 1)

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Mar 22 2008, 00:09)
Does the crap Mirage have a Manual or Auto trans?

Its a 5-speed, and it has a black interior wow.gif So I might be able to switch out a fair amount of pieces, apart from the rear seats and stuff.

Also, I'm just going to try and ignore this sh*t in the last few posts.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 06:38 PM

All signs point to turbo.

guitarrocker
  • guitarrocker

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 22 2008, 11:47)
I wanna thank the people at MOPAR for bumping up closed arguments

QUOTE (guitarrocker @ Mar 22 2008, 03:26)
*Opinionated Bullsh*t*
You're just jumping around here shooting crap about how your Z was sent by god and is some ultimate car. You look like a pretty cocky kid, don't let the fact that you have an expensive car get to your head my friend.

I think I said one sentence about my 6 cylinder daily driver running better times than a 400hp GTO, but other than that anything you think about my car is up to you.

I've probably complained about my Z more than I've boasted it. It is FAR from expensive. $28,000? I am selling mine this summer for $14,000.

A stock 99 Camaro was piloted to a 12.89 run on the factory tires and the paper air filter

By the way, 12's ain't too fast.

sarcasm.gif Atleast I have a general direction of where my posts are going when I make them.

The way I know you're emotionally employed by the likes of GM is that the only person boasting their car more than a Dupont race crew is streetfire with his goddamn torana. 2/3's of all his posts are about how much better it is than the American versions, or other cars on the road. But you don't notice that and come right on over to me. Your post has officially been ignored, and I will still never respect the muscle car when it's fan base is loitered with the likes of you two.

Anywho, on the topic of BSing until BC updates:

I have an extremely quick clip of a really big movie I'm making based around my clique's cars. It's only 10 seconds long and doesn't have any of the good stuff but it's an idea of the content the video will have: (Clip shows FD Rx-7, Mach 1)

My friend, I work at a Nissan dealer! And I was saying was 12's are pretty impressive for stock, but it's nothing to be bragging about because it's hardly quick. Have fun bench racing in your naive little head. I'm curious as to how I am opinionated, I never trash talked your imports.

You know those top fuel drag cars? Those are 500 CI HEMI's. And they're running 4's. So yes... all V8's are just slow pieces of trash... dozingoff.gif Tell yourself what you want, you gotta respect it. Like I said before, I'm not a muscle car fanboy, there are plenty of imports out there I would love to own.

Stop running your mouth kid, I've proven my point.

stretch.
  • stretch.

30% of the time, we deliver all the time!

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:43 PM

500 ci is 8.2 litres near enough.

in a car that weighs next to nothing.

real fast men drive bmw v10 engines.

Anyways, in future, keep it in the appropiate topic guys, please c'mon, show some respect to the guy!

Back on topic.

4wd drive is where it's at, almost crashed into a guy coming off a roundabout in an mg tf, mid engined rwd, pretty balanced and grippy car, and it spun like hell, wouldn'tve happened in a 4wd.

Anyways, what's american car insurer's stance on modifications?

guitarrocker
  • guitarrocker

• Members

Posted 22 March 2008 - 11:49 PM Edited by guitarrocker, 22 March 2008 - 11:54 PM.

QUOTE (stretch. @ Mar 22 2008, 17:43)
500 ci is 8.2 litres near enough.

in a car that weighs next to nothing.

Anyways, in future, keep it in the appropiate topic guys, please c'mon, show some respect to the guy!

Back on topic.

4wd drive is where it's at, almost crashed into a guy coming off a roundabout in an mg tf, mid engined rwd, pretty balanced and grippy car, and it spun like hell, wouldn'tve happened in a 4wd.

Anyways, what's american car insurer's stance on modifications?

I've always loved those old 850 BMW's... They remind me of a stealth bomber, with the straight lines. Beautiful cars.

I haven't been in too many AWD performance cars outside of a few STi's and a couple Evo's. One of my friends just got a 2002 WRX. Fun little car, thing pulls alright through first but kind of falls on its face in second. I would love to have one of those for the winter though!

As far as insurance, one of my buddies just got dropped because they heard his 95 Trans Am was modified from a "reliable source". You can get some modifications on insurance, but eventually your rates will definitely reflect it! Some just get by with their insurance company thinking it's stock. My other friend had a 99 Camaro that started life as a 3.8 V6, but he swapped in the LS1. Insurance never knew about it and his rates stayed the same. Although, you're in for it when they find out lol.. I personally don't pay too much extra for mine, although I just have mostly bolt ons, and it's on a 97 Camaro, so they don't get me too bad because it's an older car. I'm paying around $135 or so a month, so it's a little steep, but it's worth it for the fun! smile.gif

I'll ask my friend with the Evo about his rates because I know his car is pretty heavily modified, and now I'm interested to find out.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:10 AM

QUOTE (guitarrocker @ Mar 22 2008, 18:25)
You know those top fuel drag cars? Those are 500 CI HEMI's. And they're running 4's. So yes... all V8's are just slow pieces of trash... dozingoff.gif Tell yourself what you want, you gotta respect it. Like I said before, I'm not a muscle car fanboy, there are plenty of imports out there I would love to own.

Yeah, I think we all know that a Hemi V8 can do 4seconds in a 1/4. But stating that is like arguing who has the bigger penis at a lesbian convention. I know it takes a ton of technology to make a car do 350mph in a 1/4 mile but what takes just as much or more technology is getting a car to run 12s or better, pull 1.0+g, and brake so you don't end up in a gravel pit. Big American and Aussie V8s are great, they are fun...but you will find more stock imports pulling better 1/4 mile times than you will find stock classic and modern "muscle cars".

Somewhere along the line market and demand generally split at a cross roads. Down one road went big pulling V8 muscle, down another larger road went practical yet very well preforming street cars, and down the third and longest road when your boring and practical everyday cars. Sure, a few of those roads crossed paths here and there, but the fact still remains that the automotive market has changed over the years and people what all three roads to travel on. Now you have cars that get off the line like a bat out of hell, corner like nobody's business, and can still appeal to the civility of a daily commuter with a constant or occasional "lead foot". And lets face it, when it comes time to purchase a car people tend to look at Japanese and European makes for those purposes.

Now I am not saying that the other companies can't provide that experience, but they generally fail when they do or its hit or miss when they make that market. Take for example the GTO, it had performance that rivaled and/or beat the Mustang. But when it came down to sales, they couldn't do it. And the Mustang, as well as other V8 auto icons, as good as they are, you will find more than a tenfold their numbers in cars that can out-preform them on the strip and track.

The main point is that for every "muscle car" or V8 powered car out there, there are 5 or 10 as well or better preforming cars with more sense and appeal to the daily driver. Everyone wants a Corvette or a Camaro or a Mustang or any muscle car for that matter because of the shear impracticality of the vehicle, because thats what makes it fun and unique. Once you step into the realm of practical muscle cars, people tend to boo and hiss because that appeal is lost.

Lets just face the facts that in this Aussie/American Muscle vs. All other cars war, all the other cars won. I don't care if you can show a V8 beating a 4 banger or a 4 banger beating a V8, the truth is, it doesn't matter. Just look at todays market to see who won. The muscle cars of yore are long gone, practical and versatile vehicles still run the market, and practical yet well preforming cars are in are taking over. Now a days, people want it all, looks, power, durability, and performance. People want to be able to haul around their nuclear family of 2.2 children, get 25mpg, fell all cushy and safe, and still be able to have fun when you romp on the pedal. Muscle Cars and other performance motivated vehicles don't tickle that fancy. So companies, mainly Japanese and European makes, are ahead of that curve. But who knows what the future holds for those companies a little behind the curve.

BTW, how old are you?

guitarrocker
  • guitarrocker

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Mar 22 2008, 18:10)
QUOTE (guitarrocker @ Mar 22 2008, 18:25)

Yeah, I think we all know that a Hemi V8 can do 4seconds in a 1/4. But stating that is like arguing who has the bigger penis at a lesbian convention. I know it takes a ton of technology to make a car do 350mph in a 1/4 mile but what takes just as much or more technology is getting a car to run 12s or better, pull 1.0+g, and brake so you don't end up in a gravel pit. Big American and Aussie V8s are great, they are fun...but you will find more stock imports pulling better 1/4 mile times than you will find stock classic and modern "muscle cars".

Somewhere along the line market and demand generally split at a cross roads. Down one road went big pulling V8 muscle, down another larger road went practical yet very well preforming street cars, and down the third and longest road when your boring and practical everyday cars. Sure, a few of those roads crossed paths here and there, but the fact still remains that the automotive market has changed over the years and people what all three roads to travel on. Now you have cars that get off the line like a bat out of hell, corner like nobody's business, and can still appeal to the civility of a daily commuter with a constant or occasional "lead foot". And lets face it, when it comes time to purchase a car people tend to look at Japanese and European makes for those purposes.

Now I am not saying that the other companies can't provide that experience, but they generally fail when they do or its hit or miss when they make that market. Take for example the GTO, it had performance that rivaled and/or beat the Mustang. But when it came down to sales, they couldn't do it. And the Mustang, as well as other V8 auto icons, as good as they are, you will find more than a tenfold their numbers in cars that can out-preform them on the strip and track.

The main point is that for every "muscle car" or V8 powered car out there, there are 5 or 10 as well or better preforming cars with more sense and appeal to the daily driver. Everyone wants a Corvette or a Camaro or a Mustang or any muscle car for that matter because of the shear impracticality of the vehicle, because thats what makes it fun and unique. Once you step into the realm of practical muscle cars, people tend to boo and hiss because that appeal is lost.

Lets just face the facts that in this Aussie/American Muscle vs. All other cars war, all the other cars won. I don't care if you can show a V8 beating a 4 banger or a 4 banger beating a V8, the truth is, it doesn't matter. Just look at todays market to see who won. The muscle cars of yore are long gone, practical and versatile vehicles still run the market, and practical yet well preforming cars are in are taking over. Now a days, people want it all, looks, power, durability, and performance. People want to be able to haul around their nuclear family of 2.2 children, get 25mpg, fell all cushy and safe, and still be able to have fun when you romp on the pedal. Muscle Cars and other performance motivated vehicles don't tickle that fancy. So companies, mainly Japanese and European makes, are ahead of that curve. But who knows what the future holds for those companies a little behind the curve.

BTW, how old are you?

Thank you for showing common sense here! I'm 18, so my insurance is just murder lol..

When it comes down to it, it's all about personal preference. I personally bought my car to have something that would be somewhat quick but not kill me on price and not need too much work to be somewhat quick because I'm still in high school. Money is tight, so I got what I could afford. I was looking at an Evo 9 for a while, but I figured I really wouldn't like to make payments while I was still in school.

I'm getting about 20-25 MPG around town when I don't get my foot into it. Obviously that number goes down a lot when I press the loud pedal. I averaged near 28 MPG last year on the way to Wisconsin, so it's pretty good on the highway.

I'm a porter for Nissan, so I mostly clean their cars and pick up new ones from other dealers and drive them back and such. It's not a bad job, and it's a dream to get payed for driving! smile.gif

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 01:19 AM

Now a days, people want it all, looks, power, durability, and performance. People want to be able to haul around their nuclear family of 2.2 children, get 25mpg, fell all cushy and safe, and still be able to have fun when you romp on the pedal.
Well, let's see what an XY Falcon will get you:

Pros:
- room for 5 people
- instant flattening into seat when pedal is floored
- great sound from engine
- nice interior
- looks great
- instant 'wow' factor.
- used to be cheap, but now rare
- They're just plain tough - take one off-road and it won't fall apart.
- If it breaks down, its a lot easier to work on than a modern car - everything is mechanically operated and problems are always easy to identify.

Cons:
- Handles like crap by today's standards
- Build quality isn't always consistent
- If you're a complete pussy who needs things like ABS, traction control, power steering, variable steering ratio, this car IS NOT for you.
- Absolutely s**thouse fuel economy.

Now let's compare that to an import.

Pros:
- Great handling
- Great economy
- Reliable
- Has plenty of safety features
- Turbo fans will like the farty noise and BOV sound.

Cons:
- Slow in a straight line
- Engine has no torque, can't peel the skin off a rice pudding
- Some of them look dog-ugly from the factory (I'm looking at you, Celica).
- Plastic bumpers are not good for prangs - they will fall apart easily.
- Crap sound
- People rice them.
- If you want fun, then this isn't for you.

I'm completely with guitarrocker on this one.
Just because he has a different point of view on this to you all (like I do) doesn't mean you have to think that he's 12.
Hell, TLC could even be a Need-For-Speed, 2F2F addicted 8 year old. He constantly posts up s**t from YouTube and says that it's the truth.

TLC, how many times did I mention my LX 355 in this thread? Tell me. You are full of bullsh*t.

QUOTE (stretch.)

I don't see BMW V10 engines running below 9s on the 1/4 mile. tounge.gif icon13.gif

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:12 AM

Your pros and cons are pretty much bullsh*t. You can't generalize the automotive market like that, it only emphazises the fact that you have no grasp on the history of produced automobiles. Not all ricers have fart cans and huge ass blow off valves the same as all muscle cars dont all have superchargers and straight pipes.

QUOTE (streetfire)
QUOTE (stretch.)

I don't see BMW V10 engines running below 9s on the 1/4 mile. tounge.gif icon13.gif

No, but you do see BMW producing M5s that do 12.4 off the showroom floor. Four doors, civilized, but a push of the pedal from "instant flattening into seat" as you say it.

On the TLC vs. Streetfire wars:
Read back and look at what TLC has said. From his old GTO to his current Z, he has gone into detail why he likes his car adn other Imports over domestic market high horsepower or performance cars.

QUOTE (streetfire)
TLC, how many times did I mention my LX 355 in this thread? Tell me. You are full of bullsh*t.

I wont count the ones in this post if you did say anything here, but you have spammed on and on about a ton more in other topics. Hell, even in your "Muscle Car" topic, you are getting busted on, with mod a mod agreeing I might add, about constantly for holding your car above all else:
QUOTE (Pavlov)
QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 22 2008, 18:49)
You don't get it man, his Torana > Anything.

tounge.gif Amazing!

If you are going to keep on going on with the off the rocker comments about muscle vs import, please, and I say this with all due respect, SHUT THE HELL UP. If you are going to jump into a big even semi-intelligent conversation about whats better, you have to go in knowing the facts. You just go on stating the most biased sounding opinions about foreign cars and take them for truth, and then thry to make a pros and cons table on them. You look like an idiot doing that kind of stuff. If you want to do pros and cons I will whip out a "Consumer Report" magazine and show you where, for the last 15 or so years, the import market has dominated the American market in build quality, customer satisfaction, customer performance rating, total sales, and reliability.

Get off your f*ckin high horse.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:14 AM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 23 March 2008 - 02:20 AM.

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 22 2008, 20:19)

Going into the Aussie outback, ricers don't stand a chance... once this punk in a riced-up 300ZX kept following me in my Torana wherever I went. So I turned on to a dirt road, the 300ZX followed.
Not only did I make short work of pulling away from him, but once I turned back and saw him going slowly down the highway, the engine sounding much worse for wear. Cough, splutter, pop, backfire, oops my fancy turbo blew up. That's rice for you.

I posted this in the other topic, but I should put it here as well.

Stop misusing the word rice and condescending to Japanese car drivers, and I will never bother you again.

Ricer is a mentality.

If you can agree to this, we can end all of this.

Just some things to mention for those not keeping count:

1. If I'm the one bench racing, why has my car seen more tracks and competitors more often than it has car washes. Not boasting, just being a REAL enthusiast.
2. I owned a 2004 LS1. I am NOT biased. I traded it FOR my car.
3. I don't talk sh*t, I defend BCSpeed and my self. See the post that started this all. If muscle cars are so great, why do you have to show it down our throat. Just leave it be. Opinions rule the internet.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

No, BC isn't in this at all. Don't say that you're defending him.

Most of these 'tuner' cars sound like farts from the factory.

No, but you do see BMW producing M5s that do 12.4 off the showroom floor. Four doors, civilized, but a push of the pedal from "instant flattening into seat" as you say it.

And for what price...?

I thought that the Muscle Car topic would attract the attention of Jap and Euro lovers. I just knew it. And I turned out to be right. Of course I am getting flamed simply because the ratio of fanboys is 50% jap lovers, 30% euros and 20% muscle. Not that the majority always wins though.

Please, don't talk out of your ass.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 22 2008, 21:42)

QUOTE (You)
If you're gonna cook rice, cook it good I say.

I'm not going to get into it any more, but your comment about BMW's M5 price is annoying, considering unlike a muscle car, it's more than just an engine and frame.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 March 2008 - 02:57 AM Edited by Pavlov, 23 March 2008 - 03:03 AM.

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 23 2008, 03:42)

Most of these 'tuner' cars sound like farts from the factory.

And for what price...?

I thought that the Muscle Car topic would attract the attention of Jap and Euro lovers. I just knew it. And I turned out to be right. Of course I am getting flamed simply because the ratio of fanboys is 50% jap lovers, 30% euros and 20% muscle . Not that the majority always wins though.

Please, don't talk out of your ass.

Cannot you understand that cars are not comparable? Comparing a Muscle car (prepared or not) with a japanese 4WD sports car it's like wanting to compare a Kia picanto with Audi A8.

Who the hell cares some 80s boxy V8 sedan has room for four and is a head turner, a friggin Renault 4CV from 1948 had also room for four and is quite a head turner nowadays.

emphased part of your message: biggest bullsh*t i heard in this section. "fanboy" "jap" "euro" "muscle" sounds so cliché, like we wouldn't know what we are talking about in this section you dummuk. The only "fanboy" here it's you. And there is no room for people like you here.

Man i will ban you from this section. I have enough of you.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:16 AM Edited by streetfire, 23 March 2008 - 06:19 AM.

Who the hell cares some 80s boxy V8 sedan has room for four and is a head turner...

You're describing a 1980s Merc, except for the 'head turner' part. Not a muscle car.

A little birdie told me not to listen to the s**t you are spouting.
Mainly because this is a GTA site... the so-called 'car guys' are a few litres short of a real engine.

Mate, you may not agree with this, but at least I have my head screwed on properly. And I don't give a damn for what TLC, Kevin or you have to say about that.

It doesn't matter if whatever I say sounds like a cliche. This isn't a story or movie. This is life, so get with it and get real.

There's only a few people who have their head screwed on tight here... and they often get flamed for proving a valid point and showing your type how it's done... in real life. No bench racing like you all.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 06:53 AM Edited by Picolini, 23 March 2008 - 06:56 AM.

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 22 2008, 19:19)
Insert long line of basic stereotypes of muscle cars and imports.

Nice, very nice.

As I've said before, but about NASCAR and F1 racing I think, the same applies here. Comparing an import/sports car to a muscle car is like comparing a shot gun to a sniper rifle. Same job, just better in different situations.

@BC, I'd suggest just making another thread about your car and let the mods rename this "Ignorant Fanboy thread"...
...or "Muscle Car Thread 2.0".
tounge.gif

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Mar 23 2008, 17:23)
QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 22 2008, 19:19)
Insert long line of basic stereotypes of muscle cars and imports.

Nice, very nice.

As I've said before, but about NASCAR and F1 racing I think, the same applies here. Comparing an import/sports car to a muscle car is like comparing a shot gun to a sniper rifle. Same job, just better in different situations.

@BC, I'd suggest just making another thread about your car and let the mods rename this "Ignorant Fanboy thread"...
[SIZE=-5]...or "Muscle Car Thread 2.0".[SIZE]
tounge.gif

We really need two of these threads, don't we? Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

I never said that an import would be outhandled by a muscle car.
What many people are saying is that an import will easily outgun a muscle car for horsepower, torque and 1/4 mile times.

Comparing an import/sports car to a muscle car is like comparing a shot gun to a sniper rifle. A muscle car has more torque and horsepower, will make it down the 1/4 mile faster (sounds better too). An import sticks to the road, handles well.

QUOTE (Pavlova)
"fanboy" "jap" "euro" "muscle" sounds so cliché, like we wouldn't know what we are talking about in this section you dummuk.
Hmm. I seem to be upsetting you with my choice of words. How about I replace 'jap' with rice, 'fanboy' with 'lover' and 'euro' with 'snob'?

Will that make you happy, sunshine?

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 23 March 2008 - 08:57 AM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 23 2008, 04:17)

A 350Z is hardly a fair comparison to a GTO. For one, the 350Z is a 2 seater roadster/coupe, where the GTO is a 4 seater muscle car. The GTO weights something like 150-200 kilograms more than the 350Z.

I don't know how it is over there in the US, but supercharger kits for the LS1 start from about $4k AUD over here, which gives you around 290rwkW (385rwHP).

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 March 2008 - 09:07 AM

Streetfire, mama told you not to challenge a mod? Today or tomorrow your ban from this section will become effective. Have fun.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:53 AM

No, my mother told me not to let myself get pushed around, and to go hard or go home.

Did your mother tell you to hide behind your title as moderator? It seems so.

Are you satisfied now, sweetheart? Want some sugar with that?
Go snort crack, bitch.

Waddy
  • Waddy

Gods foster son.

• None

Posted 23 March 2008 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 23 2008, 10:53)
No, my mother told me not to let myself get pushed around, and to go hard or go home.

Did your mother tell you to hide behind your title as moderator? It seems so.

Are you satisfied now, sweetheart? Want some sugar with that?
Go snort crack, bitch.

Ill push you around.
Pavlov is the boss in here. Listen to him and his warnings.
It take's me one push of a button to ban your ass from the entire forums and I enjoy doing it.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 March 2008 - 11:02 AM Edited by streetfire, 23 March 2008 - 11:09 AM.

QUOTE (Waddy)
It take's me one push of a button to ban your ass from the entire forums and I enjoy doing it.

First step to corruption, mate. sigh.gif

Stomp n' bash 'em while they're down, that's the way I roll.

icon14.gif Steven and his mates give thumbs up. icon14.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users