Photo

BC's 98' Mirage LS

496 replies to this topic
Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:09 AM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 14 March 2008 - 11:46 AM.

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 14 2008, 03:06)
And you, sir, are full of bull$hit. Not to mention that you're a teenager with a 350Z, your opinion is so unbiased.

Good point, except I actually owned the car you quoted. (GTO)

V8s are boring. My hick town is boring. Being dumbed down to ford vs. chevy is boring. My opinion.

Sorry I couldn't prevent the wrong before it happened. dozingoff.gif

Also, you say you see skyline's everywhere. WHERE DO YOU LIVE?

Foreign cars will always be more entertaining and intelligent. I wasted serious $$$ on that GTO that I will never get back. LS1 is torquey. That covers it. Body roll like no other, sh*tfaced transmission, 5.7 liters for 295 rwhp? WHY? I almost cried after that dyno. Wasted literage and weight, for what? You guess it. A Z.

Now my rival is a good friend with a Mach 1, full header back exhaust, ram air, plugs and gears. We've run countless times at my dad's farm-road, the last few times I was able to change lanes in front of him. Maybe it's because my 6 is geared better than his 5. Who knows. All I know is I'd never have wasted the $35,000 that car cost when it came out.

As kevin said, my whole family and town is pro-incest chevy, so why would I just break from tradition? I'm glad I did. Now I pipe off vettes, cobras, Z28s, whatever.

I fear no mullet.

-slash
  • -slash

thug life

• The Connection

Posted 14 March 2008 - 10:09 AM

streetfire, front mount intercoolers are a performance mod.

Now "rice" is generally mods that do nothing for the performance of the car. I mean there is tastefully ricing and there is just gay ricing of cars that suck in the first place.

Going by your logic of front mount intercoolers are rice if they can be seen, then that means I can say that muscle cars with big carbies and throttle bodies (or whatever they call those shiny things with flappy bits in them) sticking out holes cut into the bonnet are ricers as well. It's exactly the same.

Using the very, very little I know about modifying those old V8s, I imagine that they cut holes in their bonnets and poke them out for a reason. I guess for increased air flow, which is the exact same reason that intercoolers are at the front in the bar, and why sometimes people who are too pov hack into theirs.

The rest of us just buy front bars that allow for maximum air flow.

user posted image

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:36 AM

Gee, a 6/71 blower looks good, an intercooler doesn't for me.

Each to their own I guess.

Really, the thing about putting $10k into a 1969 Camaro and a WRX is bull. Over in Australia, you can get blower kits for $9000... then watch the Camaro blow the WRX out of the water and straight into the rubbish tip.

I live in Australia... didn't they teach you about the rest of the world in the ricer village where you live?

Going into the Aussie outback, ricers don't stand a chance... once this punk in a riced-up 300ZX kept following me in my Torana wherever I went. So I turned on to a dirt road, the 300ZX followed.

Not only did I make short work of pulling away from him, but once I turned back and saw him going slowly down the highway, the engine sounding much worse for wear. Cough, splutter, pop, backfire, oops my fancy turbo blew up. That's rice for you.

There is a young man up here in Australia who drives one of the fastest street cars in the region. His name is Richard Fussell and his car is a Toyota Supra that has run a best of 10.8@130mph. I'll guarantee you that Richard has spent more than $30 grand on modifications and would be right here laughing along with me at your ill-informed propaganda if he wasn't fighting to regain his memory after a horrible car accident earlier last year.

All you ricers go on about how good your turbos are, blah, blah, blah, yeah, utter crap. Stick a supercharger on a V8 and watch the difference. 560kW from a near-stock LS1 is easy in Australia. America may not get the good parts because it's now rice territory but at least most Aussies haven't lost their minds yet.

Plenty of car guys over here drive a 1970s muscle car each day to work, to the shops, around town, wherever.

The shiny things with flaps in them are called injector hats.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 March 2008 - 02:51 AM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 15 March 2008 - 03:30 AM.

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 14 2008, 21:36)
Opinionated Garbage

3" Turbo-back exhaust: $690
Dyno-tune: $400
New Ecu: $590
Meth Injection: $900
GT35-r: $1200
Bigger injectors: $300

I don't think we've even broke 4 grand, and we're already in flat 11 second territory for an STI. If not better. Hell, stock with bolt-ons they run 12.2. Use the other $6k for forged internals and your "supercharged V8" will need a handicapped start.

Awesome, the Mustang Shelby GT won 2 out of 48 categories!!! WHOOOO!!! EARNHARDT ALL THE WAY!!!

And you could never touch DSM. An early 90's talon with $5K invested is even more dangerous in the straights. Spend a bit more and get....

7 f*cking seconds.

Here's your camaro.

Look at all they do to give it traction and make it better in the straight, stripping it of all it's worth on the street. Just to watch it fail.

IMPOSSIBLE outside of a straight line, and worthless on the 1/4 for it's efforts. Pathetic. Just stop posting, please.

EDIT- I like to make my posts atleast semi-entertaining for others to read, all you can do is struggle to prove your point with opinions and bullsh*t stories. OO, you watched a 300zx kill its turbo! Okay, still not funnier than watching a built LS1 ricochet off of curb because it couldn't gain traction on a simple merge. Spun over the median into oncoming, flinging mud all over, then drove off like a little bitch. His friend owns the same 99 Corvette that I walked. Bunch of lame-ass hicks. Or the Chevelle I watched lose to a Tiburon at South Mountain drag strip.

I've outrun probably close to 50 V8 cars in my 6 cylinder. Some supercharged, and I run quite often. Maybe the hicks around here don't know what they are doing. Maybe I don't give a sh*t? Japs will always be better competition.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:28 AM

Handicapped start... biggest bullsh*t I have heard in all my life, including the crap you spouted before. Have a cookie for winning "Stupidest Petrolhead Pretender of the Year". cookie.gif

1. There are no import engines below 6.00 sec down the 1/4 mile.
2. They all need twice the cash spent on a muscle car.
3. Gee, they sound like sh*tboxes too!
4. I really guess there's no point of arguing with idiots, they just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. Seriously. Stay away from speed shops or drag strips. My local mechanic would cry at your pathetic knowledge of V8s, and how easy it is for them to flog modified imports.

HONDA = HOW ODD, NO DAMN ACCELERATION.
MUSCLE CARS = Mincing Up Slow Crappy Little Econoboxes, Crushing And Ruining Silvias.

My old Torana could easily clip sh*tbox Talons.

Blown V8 > Turbo Import is the pecking order here. It's not my problem is they sell sub-standard parts for muscle cars in America, since it's been owned by riceburners ever since you watched the Fast and the Furious. Over here, blowers sell for $5000 AUD. Stroker kits for $4000. Of course people modify muscle cars, they're cheaper and faster in a straight line.

I know muscle cars can't turn without serious understeer, but you import jocks saying that imports always go faster in the 1/4 mile, is like me saying that a Camaro could outhandle a Porsche.

EDIT: Yes I watched a 300ZX sh*t itself, just by going down a dirt road... seems that plastic crap cops out too easy.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 14 2008, 22:28)
MUSCLE CARS = Mincing Up Slow Crappy Little Econoboxes, Crushing And Ruining Silvias.

Limericks don't win arguments, Nancy.

And don't talk about dirt roads to a Subaru enthusiast.

You bring up Honda. No one's said anything about Honda. It's such a typical ploy when making fun of imports to go after Honda.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:33 AM Edited by streetfire, 15 March 2008 - 03:35 AM.

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 15 2008, 14:02)

No, but this one pretty much sets the scene, not to mention that is's perfectly true. LOL.

A stock WRX really is a rally car, right? No.

I just brought it up because it's a rice manufacturer, just like your beloved 350Z and your 2F2F addiction.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 14 2008, 22:33)
QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 15 2008, 14:02)

No, but this one pretty much sets the scene, not to mention that is's perfectly true. LOL.

A stock WRX really is a rally car, right? No.

I'll take rally inspired over mullet inspired any day.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:36 AM

I'm not from America... no mullets here.

I'd much rather be a mullet than an arrogant, ignorant yuppie.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:37 AM

I'm going to stop this on BC's behalf. As much fun as it is to toy with your predictable muscle over "honda" arguments. God you're such a cliche, it's embarrassing to have you on this forum.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:40 AM

Embarassing? Look who the f*ck's talking...

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 March 2008 - 03:56 AM

God damn, going on to 2 pages of this sh*t. This went from me talking about dropping in an EVO engine to all out drag racing and how "ricers" as any import car is collectivley called now can't make a 6 second 1/4 mile. Who the hell would even want to do that? This is a street car.

Don't say I don't know sh*t about muscle cars. There is a 64' Ford Mustang with a 302 sitting in the garage about 10 feet from me as I type this. I personally wanted something that will look great and at the same time be efficient and at least in some way or another safe if I ever get rammed by some sh*tfaced drunk. Also, I like having over 30 MPG right now.

Some love American muscle cars, some love Japanese imports. Stop acting like the car you drive or you are obsessed with is your god-given message to spread. Each has their own benefits, and to each their own risks and downsides. I am talking about a Japanese Mitsu in this topic, not a 69 Camaro or a Chevelle SS. I know one of those can most def. beat me in the drag strip, but why the hell would I race a classic like that? No one in the right mind over here where I live would even dare to touch their babied muscle car, let along race some kid in his Mitsubishi.

To conclude this all, this is an AWD 93' Mirage with a built 4G63T taking on a Chevy Nova. And no, he didn't use nitrous. And yes this wasn't an official drag, the guy still owned the Chevy.

And Tuff, its all good.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 March 2008 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (BCspeed34 @ Mar 14 2008, 22:56)
God damn, going on to 2 pages of this sh*t. This went from me talking about dropping in an EVO engine to all out drag racing and how "ricers" as any import car is collectivley called now can't make a 6 second 1/4 mile. Who the hell would even want to do that? This is a street car.

Don't say I don't know sh*t about muscle cars. There is a 64' Ford Mustang with a 302 sitting in the garage about 10 feet from me as I type this. I personally wanted something that will look great and at the same time be efficient and at least in some way or another safe if I ever get rammed by some sh*tfaced drunk. Also, I like having over 30 MPG right now.

Some love American muscle cars, some love Japanese imports. Stop acting like the car you drive or you are obsessed with is your god-given message to spread. Each has their own benefits, and to each their own risks and downsides. I am talking about a Japanese Mitsu in this topic, not a 69 Camaro or a Chevelle SS. I know one of those can most def. beat me in the drag strip, but why the hell would I race a classic like that? No one in the right mind over here where I live would even dare to touch their babied muscle car, let along race some kid in his Mitsubishi.

To conclude this all, this is an AWD 93' Mirage with a built 4G63T taking on a Chevy Nova. And no, he didn't use nitrous. And yes this wasn't an official drag, the guy still owned the Chevy.

And Tuff, its all good.

I envy your down to earth perspective.

For some reason I just remembered Dr Doidberg's Cavalier and how he was supposed to do all this stuff and had a topic about it then dropped off the face of the earth. Don't let that happen!

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:11 AM

Jesus did this get off topic. Streetfire, save your fanboy bullsh*t for your fanboy (bullsh*t) muscle car topic. We don't need you bias-ly promoting a class of cars and calling all other cars crap. Are muscle cars nice? Sure. Better than all other cars? No f*cking way. Every car is good in some way, but there is not perfect type of car. It's all down to opinions and what you want out of a car. My guess is you love those NASCAR vs. F1 car arguments. Point is, that's like comparing a shotgun to a sniper rifle. They both get the same job done, but in very different ways, and in different scenarios. Same can be said with muscle cars and "ricers" (or imports, as mature, non-fanboyistic people call them), they each do their own job. Sure you can get down a straight away faster with a bigger engine, it's obvious. Just as it's obvious that you can turn a corner quicker with a smaller, lighter car.

Leave it at that, and take your bull sh*t argument to your muscle car topic. This is about BC's car. Which, any updates man? Or still waiting on some funds?

@ the mention of Doidberg's Cavalier, lol.gif
What a waste of cash...

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:25 AM

Thank god.

By the way, you're wrong there mate, I don't hate F1... nor do I like NASCAR. I like seeing cars race that actually have working headlights, can tear my hair off, and make my spine tingle with its beaut sound.

Also, since when did I say that muscle cars owned everything everywhere? I just said that, when comparing apples to apples, they own in the drags.

If my topic's so bullsh*t, why is it still alive and well?

/end rant.

I reckon Lancers/Mirages turn out good when done right. My mate (who owns a Walkinshaw Commodore with a stove-hot 355), built up a Lancer for his wife. Looked good icon14.gif

Candy paint sure does good for Lancers.

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:27 AM

Nah waiting on funds now. I have like $270 saved up for the kit so far, headlights coming soon. But I decided I am going to buy a hood first, then I can use the headlights and sell my old lights and hood for some extra spending money. I kindof regret buying the steering wheel at this time, because I could have had the hood probably by now. Oh well tounge.gif

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:32 AM

But you have to admit, that steering wheel does look good.

--------------------

QUOTE (streetfire)
If my topic's so bullsh*t, why is it still alive and well?

@streetfire - I think this had something to do with it:

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo)
Pity bump.

Besides, if we let that topic die, your single-minded muscle car love would spill out all over vehicle chat...we can't have that now can we.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:01 AM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Mar 15 2008, 16:02)
Besides, if we let that topic die, your single-minded muscle car love would spill out all over vehicle chat...we can't have that now can we.

Along with everyone else who posted there.

And yes, we can have it spill over vehicle talk.

I don't even know why there's vehicle talk. This is GTAF, not HOT4s.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 15 2008, 03:01)
QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Mar 15 2008, 16:02)

Along with everyone else who posted there.

And yes, we can have it spill over vehicle talk.

I don't even know why there's vehicle talk. This is GTAF, not HOT4s.

Yes, they post there and elsewhere. They are open-minded and therefore can enjoy so much more than you.

Tell me, did the blood oath to GM hurt or do they use syringes now?

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 15 March 2008 - 08:19 AM Edited by kevin2006rhs, 15 March 2008 - 08:22 AM.

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Mar 15 2008, 03:12)
Tell me, did the blood oath to GM hurt or do they use syringes now?

I think its kind of like the "deal with the devil". Only a pin prick to make the drop of blood on the contract, nothing too painful. He will understand after he dies though, getting double-donged in hell by John Z DeLorean and Harley Earl. But who knows, maybe he likes that. Maybe thats what he dreams of.

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

Get a grip on reality mate, don't be so sick.

Nah, there was no blood oath to GM... it's just in the blood tounge.gif

I love my Mopars just as much as I love my Holdens. sigh.gif

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 March 2008 - 09:37 PM

After receiving complaints regarding your behavior, i must say i re-read your latest posts and i ask you to chill down for a bit. You spammed BCspeed topic. You are continously trolling. You are talking sh*t. If you don't change your behavior asap you will be restricted from posting in this area. Yes i can do that, TLC was banned from here for a while (much <3 my friend) tounge.gif .

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2008 - 12:35 AM Edited by Pavlov, 16 March 2008 - 12:53 AM.

Listen here mate, they did just as much. Sexual insults from Kevin?

EDIT by Pav: It's not the topic to talk about that. The right behavior would be either to apologize or not answer. PM me.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 16 March 2008 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (streetfire @ Mar 15 2008, 19:35)
Listen here mate, they did just as much. Sexual insults from Kevin?

EDIT by Pav: It's not the topic to talk about that. The right behavior would be either to apologize or not answer. PM me.

1. It was a joke.
2. You're one to talk of what is on topic and whats not.
3. He, and others, are angry about your obscenely pushy attitude/muscle car fandom. Thats all.

It would be one thing if you stated your opinion and was right or was wrong and walked away, but you state your opinion get proven wrong, try to force it down our throats, and claim to be the wounded party.

On topic: Hey BC, what do you think of the Mitsubishi VR-4 Galant?

streetfire
  • streetfire

Wheelman

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:16 AM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Mar 16 2008, 11:59)
2. You're one to talk of what is on topic and whats not.

Edit by Pavlov, mate. Read more closely.

stretch.
  • stretch.

30% of the time, we deliver all the time!

• Members

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:33 AM

Anyways, time to turn this bitch around and get it back on track,

How's it going?

Have you got the money for the "hood" yet? and are you gonna keep it black or turn it white like every evo I seem to see here?

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 11:42 AM

Most Evo's around here are either silver, black or whilte. Mostly silver, I think. Must be a UK thing with the white.
You may have missed it on the last page, but he did say he's waiting on funds for the hood and stuff, and might be regretting getting the steering wheel so soon tounge.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 17 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Mar 17 2008, 06:42)
Most Evo's around here are either silver, black or whilte. Mostly silver, I think. Must be a UK thing with the white.
You may have missed it on the last page, but he did say he's waiting on funds for the hood and stuff, and might be regretting getting the steering wheel so soon tounge.gif

I don't think I've ever seen a white Evo, but I see white STI's all the time.

chris cambo
  • chris cambo

Group: The Yardies

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2008 - 06:53 PM

user posted image

now you have biggrin.gif

BCspeed34
  • BCspeed34

CEO

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:47 PM

Yes I have been saving up for the hood, but other financial needs keep pushing be back that have higher priorities. Also, I am rather distracted by a JDM trunk this guy near me has, so I might pick that up before the hood, depending on price of course.

Other than that, not much has been going down. I need tires soon though, my front right is about to pop on me any day now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users