Photo

Who Agrees With me?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic
Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:29 PM Edited by Carbine23, 20 February 2008 - 04:38 PM.

Look at the new cartoons today. Fairy Oddparents, dumb-ass cartoon network shows, and dora the motherf***ing explorer.
EDIT: I promised Nixon that i would leave out Spongebob Squarepants biggrin.gif

The only modern cartoons that are the only good ones, are Family Guy, The Simpsons, Futurama etc.

Other than that, i say TV shows should bring back the old good shows from the 1930's to the 1960's. The golden age of cartoons. We had bugs bunny, mickey mouse, tex avery, droopy, the roadrunner, popeye, tom and jerry etc. Those cartoons were way better then the crap on TV today. They used to be on TV but they took them off because they felt like they needed new shows?
Here are some classic toons from the good golden age of cartoons.

Who Killed Who

Screwball Squirrel

Dumb Hounded

Red Hot Riding Hood

Of course these are all Tex Avery cartoons. If anybody remembers a cartoon they loved as a kid, find it on youtube and post it here. If you can't find it, then i'll try to find it.

Oh and this is the only modern kids cartoon i sort of like. It's disturbing in a way though, and is for the adult audience. barf8bd.gif

Nixon
  • Nixon

Tricky Dicky

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:31 PM

Leave Spongebob Squarepants out of this ya hear?! tounge.gif

Im being deadly serious, that cartoon rules.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (Nixon @ Feb 20 2008, 16:31)
Leave Spongebob Squarepants out of this ya hear?! tounge.gif

Im being deadly serious, that cartoon rules.

Yes we all love that spongey guy biggrin.gif
But i promised to leave "football head" out of this conversation first.

bagga rabbit
  • bagga rabbit

***M2D***

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:09 PM Edited by bagga rabbit, 21 February 2008 - 12:45 AM.

Post deleted.

Forty
  • Forty

he shouts stroke darker the strings

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:26 PM

I guess cartoons aren't money makers anymore. The old Warner Bros' cartoons had lots of detail and painstaking time spent making them look fantastic. Cartoons nowadays are very simple looking and in many cases are edited on computers. Just look at old Disney films like Robin Hood, Snow White, Alice In Wonderland. The backdrops and characters had so much more detail, such richer features in their faces and scenery. Now look at Hercules and all the other new generation Disney films (before they went exclusively Pixar CGI), they have less and less detail, and rely more heavily on a computer to clean up the animation cells. I really don't find new cartoons as charming as I used to. I know I'm older, but I feel they have less authenticity because there's less actual drawing involved.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:37 PM

Me and my friends often reminisce of the cartoons/shows that were on when we were kids and comment on how bad it has become these days. I can name many off the top of my head that range from very young to before the teen years and all were gold -

Thundercats
Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles
Transformers
Postman Pat
Thomas The Tank Engine
He-Man
Thunderbirds
Stingray
Power Rangers

GSF_Sniper
  • GSF_Sniper

Pothead, not a Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 08:46 PM

You're right. I'll take a 1960's Bugs Bunny cartoon over "Squirrel boy" any day. That show absolutely blows.

DeuCe
  • DeuCe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:44 PM

Dragonball, I love that f*cking show. lol I can tolerate that show "My Gym Partner's a Monkey". It's better than most cartoons like camp lazlo, and chalk zone and w.e they are airing nowadays. The cartoon world needs Johhny Bravo back icon14.gif .

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 09:56 PM

I do agree

<3 the classics

DANGER MOUSE

Top Cat

these cartoons had style, new cartoons are pretty terrible.

edit:

Johhny Bravo

haha yes GIVE!

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

Cartoons are OK

BUT NARUTO SUCKS!

But THIS rules

DeuCe
  • DeuCe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:24 PM

Lol there is this girl at my school, and she thinks she is Naruto, everyday she comes to school with an orange jacket with naruto on the back, orange wind pants, big black boots, goggles, and a headband with some oreintal writing on it. It's f*cking hilarious. lol

well now looking back on Johnny Bravo when I'm older, Its a kinda dirty cartoon lol. I see how some parents could have had a problem with the minor sexual references.
It still needs to come back on though. I also watched a lil Cow & Chicken, and I am Weasel back in the day. I think those shows come on Boomerang though.

WhittyC
  • WhittyC

sXe

• Members

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:27 PM

The original Scooby Doo, original Tom and Jerry and original Looney Tunes were the best cartoons ever.

I f**king hate spongebob angry.gif
See, I didnt even capitalize it.
Yeah, Im bad.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:29 PM

Y'all need some fresh air.

Best kid's cartoon on TV at the moment is Ninja Turtles Fast Forward, man. The Batman is pretty cool too, and the new Spiderman one looks awesome.

My buddy works on Chaotic... another trading-card-monster-battling thing.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Feb 20 2008, 22:29)

Best kid's cartoon on TV at the moment is Ninja Turtles Fast Forward, man. The Batman is pretty cool too, and the new Spiderman one looks awesome.

The same buddy who designed Tiny Tiger inlove.gif ?

You have to send me an autograph!

Seddo
  • Seddo

YNWA

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:57 PM

Yeh new cartoons are no way as good as the oldies.

Johnny Bravo was f*cking' awesome, i loved that.

Tin Tin

Scooby Doo

Pokemon

Doug

Count Ducula Intro

Count Ducula Ending

The Trap Door Intro

Captain Caveman

There a sh*t laod more epid oldies but my minds gone blank.

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:59 PM

Pokemon was OK with it's original 151 Pokemon,but when the new pokemon started popping up,it just became retarded.

Where the hell did 300 new Pokemon just suddenly appear from?

I was addicted to DragonBall/Z/GT and Pokemon as a kid.

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Feb 20 2008, 22:29)

The Batman is terrible, Riddler thinks he's f*cking Marilyn Manson!

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:29 PM

Naw, Danny, another buddy. Haha. What can I say? I live in Vancouver.

XN22, I haven't seen the riddler yet. I don't much like the joker. Everytrhing else has been pretty cool so far though, this season. I haven't seen the previous ones.

Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

The Joker in The Batman looks like a batsh*t crazy bum, just awful. And since when did The Penguin use kung fu?

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:06 AM

What's really sad, is that my seven year old sister has barely any knowledge about Looney Tunes.

I just asked her, "What does Porky Pig say?" Her replay was, "Oink?"

I asked her several others...

Woody Woodpecker? No.
Tweety? Yes, but she didn't know what Sylvester the Cats name was, and she didn't know what Tweety says when he sees Sylvester.
Roadrunner? No. And when I asked who chases the Roadrunner, she replied, "Foxy Loxy."

I feel so bad for her. I think I'm going to buy her some Looney Tunes DVDs.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 12:14 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Feb 21 2008, 00:06)
What's really sad, is that my seven year old sister has barely any knowledge about Looney Tunes.

I just asked her, "What does Porky Pig say?" Her replay was, "Oink?"

I asked her several others...

Woody Woodpecker? No.
Tweety? Yes, but she didn't know what Sylvester the Cats name was, and she didn't know what Tweety says when he sees Sylvester.
Roadrunner? No. And when I asked who chases the Roadrunner, she replied, "Foxy Loxy."

I feel so bad for her. I think I'm going to buy her some Looney Tunes DVDs.

Buy the golden collection icon14.gif I want to get it one day. Also i would love to get videos of Tex Avery.

This topic was supposed to be about cartoons from the 30's to 60's, but i suppose we could include the 90's cartoons.
I remember Nickelodeon used to be so good. It had Hey Arnold, the rugrats, and rocket power. The cartoons suck and the only thing i like watching is drake and josh which is f***ing hilarious.

Cartoon Network used to be good. It had the looney tunes show, the tex avery show, Toonheads, Ed'Edd'and Eddy (its still airing but the new episodes suck), and dextors laberatory.

DeuCe
  • DeuCe

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

There is one thing I have been liking about cartoon network lately though, They brought back Courage the Cowardly Dog. That show kicks so much ass it's not even funny. bored.gif

Mr Ginge
  • Mr Ginge

Ginger Skullpion

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 12:17 AM

Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, Wacky Races & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original) had to be the best cartoons there was, nothing today can beat those classics, not even the more updated versions.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:37 AM

QUOTE (Mr Ginge @ Feb 22 2008, 00:17)
Looney Tunes, Tom & Jerry, Scooby Doo, Wacky Races & Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (original) had to be the best cartoons there was, nothing today can beat those classics, not even the more updated versions.

This man has good taste, I completely agree. I used to wake up in the early hours of the morning to watch those cartoons, until it was time for me to go to bed. They played a masive part of my childhood.

Cartoons today seem to over the top, and the general plot of some are just plain stupid.

gta_king
  • gta_king

JCM

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:41 AM

It depends on your definition of 'New Cartoons' to be honest, are you referring solely to Western Animation here? If so then I'd have to agree, although you'll probable find a few gems here and there the whole industry has shifted to create cartoons that rely too much on bland gross out humour or that are simply not good. There are a few decent things out there that have been out in the past few years. Avatar was a suprise to me, I simply wrote it off as trying to cash in on the Anime scene but now that I've actually seen it it was provent to be fairly decent and it went down well in the Society I'm a part of.

I don't really want to mention anime in this topic because it seems to be focusing solely on Western but they're still producing some really great things over there. Obviously you have Naruto which people have mentioned, I personally haven't seen it nor do I want to. Like I said though I don't really want to mention the anime too much because that's aimed at all different kinds of audiences wheras the Cartoons we get are mainly made for the younger audiences with a few rare exceptions.

I do think it's a shame that kids are missing out on the class cartoons mentioned, I personally was brought up on them as I've always had a fondness for Animation. I've probably seen every episode of the Flintstones about 5 times. There is something about the classic ones mentioned in that they were simple and easy to watch and more importantly you could never really get bored with them.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:01 PM

Adult swim cartoons are unfunny. 'nuff said.

90s Cartoon Network cartoons were pretty badass, and so were post-war Tom and Jerry cartoons.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Boob groper

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 February 2008 - 02:46 PM

Loony Toons, Tom and Jerry, Popeye, Simpsons, Dragon Ball, Disney...Those cartoons really rocked

There is only one cartoon that I like. Its called The Boondocks. Its on Adult Swim. Its freakin hilarious

The Boondocks: The "S word"

Mr Ginge
  • Mr Ginge

Ginger Skullpion

• Members

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Feb 22 2008, 09:37)
QUOTE (Mr Ginge @ Feb 22 2008, 00:17)

This man has good taste, I completely agree. I used to wake up in the early hours of the morning to watch those cartoons, until it was time for me to go to bed. They played a masive part of my childhood.

Cartoons today seem to over the top, and the general plot of some are just plain stupid.

I have to say they played a massive part of my childhood as well, it was worth waking up about 7am just to watch them before going school, then coming back home again to watch the afternoon shows.

Trows
  • Trows

• The Precinct

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:56 PM

Mother f*cking Tin Tin.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 22 February 2008 - 11:27 PM

I miss, during the late 80's and early 90's when even Disney had some good cartoons. DuckTales, Gummi Bears, Goof Troop and Darkwing Duck.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users