Official Website Launching Tomorrow

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
259 replies to this topic
FrozenFire
  • FrozenFire

Holy crap

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:37 AM

*waits patiently for someone to come in here preaching that we shouldn't get any more new info just because they don't want to ruin the surprise.*

ScottishConman
  • ScottishConman

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:39 AM

Ah Canny Wait, This Is What Ive Been Waiting For, For A Long Time. You Can Rely On The Scottish Eh! biggrin.gif

killerkid
  • killerkid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:39 AM

Nice, Sounds good.

Snake Without a Tongue
  • Snake Without a Tongue

Franklin Shot Tupac

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:42 AM

They're doing this stuff too soon. There's either going to be a big gap come march, or we'll be oversaturated with info that we'll lose interest.

Jayt001
  • Jayt001

This member's title has been customised

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:45 AM

OMG I can't wait.... spaz attack!!!!

Well they might as well put up the real site now, with the map and that, since it's already been discovered monocle.gif

dave1927p
  • dave1927p

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Feb 8 2008, 02:16)
I'm just happy at the fact we'll be getting more info & media on the game, it's about time they updated it.

Hoping for a gameplay vid, or another short trailer, either way I hope it's not just recycled stuff. Looking forward to it though. icon14.gif

There is no way they will release a gameplay video. I think it will be a new trailer and maybe a couple features. DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP

BigBoyTraks
  • BigBoyTraks

Where's Myra HotchKiss?

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:46 AM

QUOTE (Snake Without a Tongue @ Feb 8 2008, 02:42)
They're doing this stuff too soon. There's either going to be a big gap come march, or we'll be oversaturated with info that we'll lose interest.

They probaly will slowly add info to the website all the way until April like they did with SA website.

viniciusdcs
  • viniciusdcs

GTAPortable.com

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:48 AM

Just saw this update on the Rockstar RSS feed, really fantastic news. I can't wait to mess with the new site, it'll most likely be interactive like the San Andeas website. Damn I can't wait. Anyone have any idea about what time the site might go live? Morning? Afternoon?

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (ScottishConman @ Feb 8 2008, 02:39)
You Can Rely On The Scottish Eh! biggrin.gif

aye yer dead right aboot that pal. speaking eh which, am aff tae bed.

Ottae
  • Ottae

Zoom-Zoom

• Niue

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:50 AM

I hope it's as sexy as the Vice City Stories page. inlove.gif

Jayt001
  • Jayt001

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Feb 8 2008, 02:01)
This is all I have to source right now: http://rockstargames.com/rss/

They will probably send out an email shortly... keep an eye on your inboxes if you are subcribed to the GTA mailing list. smile.gif

Any idea if *Tomorrow* means Friday or Saturday? As in what time did you hear about this because they don't give a time on the site.

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:51 AM

QUOTE (dave1927p @ Feb 8 2008, 00:46)
QUOTE (Deuce Deuce @ Feb 8 2008, 02:16)
I'm just happy at the fact we'll be getting more info & media on the game, it's about time they updated it.

Hoping for a gameplay vid, or another short trailer, either way I hope it's not just recycled stuff. Looking forward to it though. icon14.gif

There is no way they will release a gameplay video. I think it will be a new trailer and maybe a couple features. DONT GET YOUR HOPES UP

Agree. We may have gameplay video on X-play. After that, on the official site, just the tradition before-release-video, with some in-game music as background.

Outer Haven
  • Outer Haven

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAKE!?!?!

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

Wont the URL be something like "www.grandtheftauto4.com" or something? Correct me if I'm wrong but they did that for SA and VC didn't they?

adamcs
  • adamcs

Pixelante

• United-Kingdom

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (Jayt001 @ Feb 8 2008, 02:50)

They will probably send out an email shortly... keep an eye on your inboxes if you are subcribed to the GTA mailing list. smile.gif

Any idea if *Tomorrow* means Friday or Saturday? As in what time did you hear about this because they don't give a time on the site.

Probably today if you're British, and tomorrow if you're American. I think. Who knows. tounge.gif

Jayt001
  • Jayt001

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (adamcs @ Feb 8 2008, 02:55)

Probably today if you're British, and tomorrow if you're American. I think. Who knows. tounge.gif

Thanks you're a bonny lass lad.

KillaCalli
  • KillaCalli

crack kills

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:01 AM

i wouldn't mind seeing the website in SA style.. I loved the SA website because the theme of it wast the map and every month a new city/county would be opened up. i wouldn't mind seeing the same pattern here. that would be awesome. cool.gif

towlie
  • towlie

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:02 AM

sweeeeeet

FartyFartknocker
  • FartyFartknocker

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:03 AM

hey adam,

Where does it say anything about Videos or screenshots... It just says new website.

Screenshots are a given.. but where did you get the info about video?

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Remember me?

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:08 AM

QUOTE (FartyFartknocker @ Feb 7 2008, 23:03)

hey adam,

Where does it say anything about Videos or screenshots... It just says new website.

It's one of those sorts of things that he just does. I assume it's because he's Scottish. ph34r.gif

MA3LK
  • MA3LK

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:11 AM

great news can't wait for the new screens and videos. If its anything like the SA website we are going to have a lot to talk about.

Jayt001
  • Jayt001

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:15 AM

QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 8 2008, 03:08)
QUOTE (FartyFartknocker @ Feb 7 2008, 23:03)

hey adam,

It's one of those sorts of things that he just does. I assume it's because he's Scottish. ph34r.gif

They do posess a 6th sense..... eerie

My guess is he's just taking an educated guess, going by what rahkstar2.gif have done in the past, when they launched the websites for previous GTA's.
They have a way that they do things, the rahkstar2.gif way, kinda like smashing up hotel rooms.

Good analogy, huh?

FartyFartknocker
  • FartyFartknocker

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:17 AM

ROFL...

Anyways, GTA4.net has never really posted rumors on the 1st page... only official information generally from proven sources.

I assume there is some knowledge of videos however the RSS doesn't say this and noone really knows if X-Play will have video.

Sorry if I'm skeptical, but i never get my hopes up for GTA info ....hahaha I know better.

I never doubt this site..... it's just I want proof regarding the videos so I can get a hard on.

I can't get one unless I know there will be videos for sure.

lol

GhostMann
  • GhostMann

The Q? Remainz with UFOS

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:18 AM

Wait.... I just got done talking to my momma about gta4..... she said a man a best buy was telling her there will be a update on webs on Febuary 8th or 9th.

GOOD TIME TO HAVE ANOTHER SNOW DAY..... GOT TO WATCH THE NEWS 11PM

EDIT: I saw this earlier before I left the house but thought it was already posted. Hate when that happen

FelipeVinhao
  • FelipeVinhao

Under construction, sorry for the inconvenience

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (GhostMann @ Feb 8 2008, 01:18)
Wait.... I just got done talking to my momma about gta4..... she said a man a best buy was telling her there will be a update on webs on Febuary 8th or 9th.

EDIT: I saw this earlier before I left the house but thought it was already posted. Hate when that happen

Sooo... He wasn't lying. tounge.gif

Jayt001
  • Jayt001

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (GhostMann @ Feb 8 2008, 03:18)

Do you live in the arctic circle or something it always seems to be snowing where you are lol.gif

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Remember me?

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:28 AM

Updated the news post with a link to this topic. Hopefully it'll reduce all the topics posting the same darn shat. tounge.gif

FartyFartknocker
  • FartyFartknocker

Prankster

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Andy @ Feb 8 2008, 03:28)
Updated the news post with a link to this topic. Hopefully it'll reduce all the topics posting the same darn shat.  tounge.gif

Well where is the proof there will be videos?

Tsuroki
  • Tsuroki

Remember me?

• Inactive Staff
  • None

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (FartyFartknocker @ Feb 7 2008, 23:17)
It's one of those sorts of things that he just does. I assume it's because he's Scottish.  ph34r.gif

ROFL...

Anyways, GTA4.net has never really posted rumors on the 1st page... only official information generally from proven sources.

I assume there is some knowledge of videos however the RSS doesn't say this and noone really knows if X-Play will have video.

Sorry if I'm skeptical, but i never get my hopes up for GTA info ....hahaha I know better.

I never doubt this site..... it's just I want proof regarding the videos so I can get a hard on.

I can't get one unless I know there will be videos for sure.

lol

We try our best to keep the rumors to a minimum, which is half the reason I started up my own little GTA blog (to cover more miscellaneous stuff). Every now and then some nonsense may slip through, but we're very, very, very picky about what goes on the front page.

Unlike some other websites, we prefer to keep our own personal opinions off the site. The only time you'll see us contemplate stuff and make predictions is when we really have no information to cite, which is why we had that placeholder Settings page up for a while.

RE: The Videos. Most of the specifics are coming from Adam. He does most of the espionage/reporting work, while I tend to do more editing/creative/"post-production" work.

In other words, you'd have to ask him. tounge.gif

ishouldntbehere
  • ishouldntbehere

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:32 AM

is there a place to watch X-Play online? I just moved to a new place with no cable. Although if it has exclusive new details or footage it is bound to go up on youtube?

Desay
  • Desay

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 February 2008 - 03:34 AM

Just a guess that they won't release a map this time on the site, rather it will be something else big that perhaps they haven't done before.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users