Photo

TXD Workshop tutorial

22 replies to this topic
gtamodder
  • gtamodder

• Members

Posted 02 February 2008 - 04:08 PM

How to use TXD Workshop properly!

People usually get errors with Txd workshop, etc so I decided to make a tutorial on how to use it properly.

Requirements

TXD Workshop
Photoshop

Just click the tool name to download. You can use any other image editor, like Paint Shop, Paint but I think Photoshop is better.

Firstly, you always need to make sure your SA Folder is NOT read only! Right click your San Andreas folder (located at C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas)
Uncheck read only (as the image is)

user posted image

Now make a backup copy of your SA Folder. If you have lots of disc space, make a copy of the full folder, if not just backup the models.

(I make a folder called, backup and copy the models folder in, before modding it)

Now run TXD Workshop, then you will have two options. Open IMG, Or Open TXD.

I'm gonna choose, TXD.

Now you need to choose a TXD To open. For files like generic.txd, particle.txd, these are located in C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\Models

Open it up.

Now, make a folder somwhere, call it SA Textures, or similar. Now choose a texture you want to edit, click it once, then go to export>PNG.

Do not choose .bmp.

You can choose .TGA, Too.

Now save that texture somewhere, and open it up with photoshop, or whatever you're using.

Modify the image, then go to file>save, not save as. Now import the edited one (by clicking import, then browse for your file. Now double click it, or click open. Whatever one that works better for you.

It should import fine, if not tell me what it says.

Here is a little FAQ.

Q: I get a stream read error when i import.

A: Either,
You don't have TXD Workshop 3.5+
You saved the file as a .bmp
You used a different image, but not the right size. The sizes are,
16*16
32*32
64*64
128*128
And so on.

You do not want to set them high too, it's file size will increase, and the game will be slow (if you have a slow PC, Keep it small for slow PC's)

Q: The thumbnail for a texture appears textured, but when i select it, it is white! Why?

A: It is an alpha texture. This should not happen with textures that do not have an alpha.

Q: I edited the .txd, but when i look in-game, it hasn't changed?

A: There are a couple of reasons for this,
You edited the wrong .txd
You didn't save.
Also I find this happened a few times on Vista. Right click TXDWorkshop.exe, click properties, click the compatibility tab, choose Windows XP Service Pack 2, then click apply then ok.
Also, right click TXD Workshop.exe, and choose "Run as Administrator"

Q: I get an error, when i Exit, But everything imported fine.

A: That's fine, i don't know why that happens, but it shouldn't affect the texture.

Q: I get an error when importing, something like "Acess"

A: Try a different version of TXD Workshop, and make sure you've done as above wink.gif
Also, the textures you exported could be read only. Right click it, click properties, and uncheck read only then click apply then ok.

I hope this has helped you with TXD Workshop.

If any images say "User posted Image", tell me, I will fix it as soon as I can.

Also, for the errors you may need visual basic runtime files or .net framework.

Instead of opening gta3.img, then replacing textures, Download IMGTool or similar, open gta3.img, find a Txd you want to edit, extract it somewhere, then open that txd with TXD Workshop. This should work fine, I do this all the time and it works fine.

After editing the texture, import it replacing orginal, go to file>save, then go open gta3.img, and replace the orginal txd with the editing one, then rebuild archive.

If you still have problems, ask me, and I will help you wink.gif
  • Areno98 likes this

Shiest Bubble
  • Shiest Bubble

Waveraham Lincoln

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 12 July 2008 - 11:49 PM

Well, before I read this, Something odd happened before...

Well, I exported the fam3 in .bmp, Edited it in Photoshop and then saved it as a .png, imported it, Now it's being annoying as piss because whenever I play... and I am guessing when he spawns its /lawlusuck /error /close

FlyingShadow
  • FlyingShadow

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 October 2008 - 09:18 PM Edited by FlyingShadow, 28 October 2008 - 09:36 PM.

thx man, awesome tourtial biggrin.gif had lots of problems before, then i ran it in compability with XPS2 and as administrator, now it works.
THX!

Floriniho
  • Floriniho

I am banned

• Members

Posted 15 November 2008 - 04:44 PM

Man,it doesn't work.My man is now all white,it may be an error...I modified an Aztecas member(Sunny)and I maked his bandana,green.After this I followed your suggestion and I would replace this new .txd with a fam.txd.And I entered in the game my man appears white.All!!!!! devil.gif

Gta_Sailer
  • Gta_Sailer

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:32 PM Edited by Gta_Sailer, 25 November 2008 - 06:04 AM.

Thanks very much, now i can edit textures now thanks.

t2vanden
  • t2vanden

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 March 2009 - 09:39 PM

Same problem. I modified my speedometer and now there are just rotating big white blocks in the corner. Fixes?

Anoxeron
  • Anoxeron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 October 2009 - 09:47 AM Edited by Anoxeron, 24 October 2009 - 04:55 PM.

I've tried compatability but the highest listed is Win 2000.There is nothing there about Sys Admin.I'm running XP w/ SP III.Processor is running 2 Ghz and I have adequate ram yet I still can't figure out how to manipulate texture for GTA SA.Gfx card is a X1650pro 512DDR2.I've been editing games since Wolfenstien so needless to say this has been Very Irritating.I've followed every step from many different tutorials but when I go to Save TXD progress bar flashes for the blink of an eye but apparently doesn't save.Yes,I followed the procedure using Img 2.0 to replace the existing file.Any help or suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated!!!The games a blast and if I can get texture imaging to work then I'll be ready for some Harcore Modding.If You or Anyone else who reads this can give me any input,or insight,please feel free to email me at [email protected],Any help or suggestions would be Greatly Appreciated!!!

Anoxeron
  • Anoxeron

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 October 2009 - 06:58 AM

I finally got it going tounge.gif Thanks man Your tutorial is Excellent.Off to 3D!!! icon14.gif

Nikeshox_jade
  • Nikeshox_jade

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 March 2010 - 12:29 AM

is any of the ff. programs compatible with windows vista??

img tool

txd workshop v3.5

SAAT

3D Max

for SA??? sad.gif

quechus13
  • quechus13

Boss

• Members

Posted 16 March 2010 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Nikeshox_jade @ Mar 16 2010, 00:29)
is any of the ff. programs compatible with windows vista??

img tool

txd workshop v3.5

SAAT

3D Max

for SA??? sad.gif

LOL!?

All of them work for me and i have vista

batlefield
  • batlefield

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 March 2010 - 12:11 PM Edited by batlefield, 21 March 2010 - 12:37 PM.

I have a problem i made mod ok but when i am ingame game freezes and i cant move is something wrong whit my mod or what???

ExitWound
  • ExitWound

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

I don't understand this. I used to make clothes skins all the time. Now when I try to do it again, if I put on the item, the game crashes. I thought I was just forgetting something. So I read over your tutorial and I did everything right. I've been trying to mod the I love L.S. shirt. Can somebody hopefully tell me what's wrong???

batlefield
  • batlefield

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 March 2010 - 06:24 PM

I have something like that but when i come close to plane I even cant get in

Wajihak47
  • Wajihak47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

What is Alpha color?
I made a texture for a girl but she turned white, reply fast?

Gird3r
  • Gird3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:05 AM Edited by Gird3r, 19 November 2011 - 01:16 AM.

The program desperatly needs an searchfunction. There's thousands of files in there... Takes forever to find something.

Jacko427
  • Jacko427

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:50 AM

I have a problem with TXD Workshop, it's the latest version 4.0B.
Always when I imported a new texture, it's really detailed texture like 32bit.
Then I save the txd file, close the program and open the txd file, that texture becomes ugly.
It's like 16bit, not like before I imported it.
How can I fix this?

This is before I save:

user posted image

And this is after I saved the txd file:

user posted image

I really don't get it why this happens.
I'm on Vista Home x64.

paja
  • paja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

why when the texture of Def Jam Fight for NY Models in obj is ok, but when i rigging ped is mest up,here is a problem please help me http://s1092.photobu...urrent=CRUZ.jpg

Patcher
  • Patcher

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 June 2012 - 08:32 AM Edited by Patcher, 21 June 2012 - 08:37 AM.

Hey man, It worked at my first try. (it really did)
and I played samp for about 2 hours and when I got back to modding, I couldn't do it again! sad.gif
I was doing HD skins for wmydrug and it worked well, when I tryed to edit bmybu it doesnt resize to 512x1024.
please help me.
Oh, and sorry for the bump. I am soo desperate. suicidal.gif

EDIT: thank god. I think I remembered how it was done tounge2.gif nice tutorial anyway

loubot1
  • loubot1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

Does anyone have a download link to Photoshop CS6? That obviously doesn't include surveys, and it is the full version.

Dumbass-Productions
  • Dumbass-Productions

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (loubot1 @ Tuesday, Aug 7 2012, 11:02)
Does anyone have a download link to Photoshop CS6? That obviously doesn't include surveys, and it is the full version.

Is Google down? Besides, sharing links and discussing about pirated software isnt allowed here.

jatinder0101
  • jatinder0101

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 September 2012 - 04:17 AM

icon14.gif Th icon14.gif icon14.gif is is cool

Adrik Vasilev
  • Adrik Vasilev

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:35 PM

QUOTE (Chronophobia @ Saturday, Jul 12 2008, 23:49)
Well, before I read this, Something odd happened before...

Well, I exported the fam3 in .bmp, Edited it in Photoshop and then saved it as a .png, imported it, Now it's being annoying as piss because whenever I play... and I am guessing when he spawns its /lawlusuck /error /close

I edited the 'bloopool' or something like that, texture but nothing is showing up in game! confused.gif

Aye1
  • Aye1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Txd file seems to big for gtasa 5.67kb, how could I make the whole .txd file smaller with keeping all the same txtures in the file?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users