Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

184 replies to this topic
The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 September 2008 - 09:40 AM

I'm frustrated because they scraped the PC version. So I wont be getting a PS3 version, i will get a PS2 version. I don't give a f*ck. If I can't play it on PC I sure wont play it on PS3 either. I only bought it for exclusives like MGS4 and GoW3 etc.

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 02 September 2008 - 10:12 AM

As far as I know there was no PC version to begin with.

I wish you well with your canned animations and DMM-less The Force Unleashed on the very good old PS2. sarcasm.gif Face it, the controls wouldn't really suit a PC version now, would they? Sales would flop, just like DMC 4.

On the topic of Battlefront III I think it was seen on Amazon.com but has since been removed. If it is in development though it will be a wonder to who's actually developing it, since Pandemic Studios (Who made the first two) have been acquired by EA.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 September 2008 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sep 2 2008, 12:12)
As far as I know there was no PC version to begin with.

I wish you well with your canned animations and DMM-less The Force Unleashed on the very good old PS2. sarcasm.gif Face it, the controls wouldn't really suit a PC version now, would they? Sales would flop, just like DMC 4.

On the topic of Battlefront III I think it was seen on Amazon.com but has since been removed. If it is in development though it will be a wonder to who's actually developing it, since Pandemic Studios (Who made the first two) have been acquired by EA.

You can always get a controller for a PC if you don't like the controls. And I think they did talk about a PC version but then they said how they wont be making it because you would need a super computer to run it. Yeah, right!

And I'm not a graphic whore so I don't mind playing on PS2. I love my PS2 more then PS3. My PS2 even has a name "Bob the console" blush.gif

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 September 2008 - 03:36 PM

You do know you can use your ps3 controller on the PC. O_O

Why don't you marry your PS2 if you love it so much?

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:10 PM

The good thing is the different versions of the game (bar the PS3 & 360 versions) have things, events or missions unique to that system. For example the PS2 version has a level where you visit the fallen Jedi temple on Coruscant and take the trials fighting 2 powerful Sith.

Further details on what is in which versions can be found in the following video ()

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 02 September 2008 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (beavis @ Sep 2 2008, 17:36)

Because it's a "he" and I'm not gay. It's just a gamer-console relationship.

I thought about getting a 360 in a couple of months. And since I'm in no rush for that game I might get it then on 360. I heard the Wii version will be the best one regardless of the graphics turn.gif

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Kingston

• The Yardies
  • Brazil

Posted 02 September 2008 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sep 2 2008, 15:48)
QUOTE (beavis @ Sep 2 2008, 17:36)

Because it's a "he" and I'm not gay. It's just a gamer-console relationship.

I thought about getting a 360 in a couple of months. And since I'm in no rush for that game I might get it then on 360. I heard the Wii version will be the best one regardless of the graphics turn.gif

I'm getting it for both the Wii (For the controls) and for the XBOX360 (Because I'm a technology-whore). That'll own. Since I bought my Wii, I was only thinking on a Star Wars game, a true Star Wars game for it. No More Heroes kinda helped me to relieve the anxiety untill this, but it's nowhere as good as TFU.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 14 September 2008 - 09:32 PM

Well, it's releasing during the week. The site has some new level demos on the PS2, PSP and Wii. I imagine they'll add 360 and PS3 demos in the next few days before release.

Dallasa
  • Dallasa

Infidel

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sep 2 2008, 03:40)
I'm frustrated because they scraped the PC version. So I wont be getting a PS3 version, i will get a PS2 version. I don't give a f*ck. If I can't play it on PC I sure wont play it on PS3 either. I only bought it for exclusives like MGS4 and GoW3 etc.

You're buying the PS2 version because they scrapped the PC version yet you own a PS3? What's the logic in that? If you're going to get it, at least get the better version.

TubbyJ
  • TubbyJ

Happy crack

• Members

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:07 PM

I just played the demo like four times in a row. Suffice it to say, this game is like sex on disc. inlove.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 September 2008 - 10:25 PM

QUOTE (Dallasa @ Sep 15 2008, 00:05)

You're buying the PS2 version because they scrapped the PC version yet you own a PS3? What's the logic in that? If you're going to get it, at least get the better version.

I don't care. I'm not a graphic whore. If it's about slashing people with a lightsaber it's good enough for me. Besides I said I will get a 360 version when I buy an Xbox 360. This game isn't my priority. I'm concentrated on upcoming PC titles.

blitsie
  • blitsie

Kapow!

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:38 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Sep 2 2008, 10:12)
Pandemic Studios (Who made the first two) have been acquired by EA.

*cries*

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 15 September 2008 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sep 14 2008, 17:25)

I don't care. I'm not a graphic whore. If it's about slashing people with a lightsaber it's good enough for me. Besides I said I will get a 360 version when I buy an Xbox 360. This game isn't my priority. I'm concentrated on upcoming PC titles.

Yeah, you're not a graphics whore, we get that.

But you're going to sacrifice gameplay because of some half-assed logic?

But then you say you'll buy a 360 copy of it when you buy your 360? Why not get the PS3 version and save money by not buying the PS2 and 360 versions?

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Sep 15 2008, 15:55)
QUOTE (GTAvanja @ Sep 14 2008, 17:25)

Yeah, you're not a graphics whore, we get that.

But you're going to sacrifice gameplay because of some half-assed logic?

But then you say you'll buy a 360 copy of it when you buy your 360? Why not get the PS3 version and save money by not buying the PS2 and 360 versions?

Cause I'm buying a modded 360 ph34r.gif
The 360 online is not supported in my country at the moment (which is a good thing actually because of all those 13 year old f*cks). So if I get a modded version I could get games for a lot less money.

Happy now?

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 September 2008 - 04:12 PM

I'm telling Steve Balmer on you.

He's gonna step on your balls for doing that.
whatsthat.gif

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 15 September 2008 - 06:18 PM

IGN has a review up (http://uk.ps3.ign.co...0/910000p1.html), they gave it 7.3 out of 10. Not a bad mark but not great either.

tubby custardd
  • tubby custardd

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 04:59 PM

Whos got it?

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 16 September 2008 - 06:23 PM

I got it. It's pretty good. The levels are pretty nice, lightsabers are fun, force powers are alright (though I haven't unlocked them all yet).

Overall, it's a solid game, and hurling Wookiees off of bridges is epic.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:08 PM

f*ck it! I'm getting the PS3 version as soon as it arrives here. The money for Xbox360 I will invest in my PC. I'll probably get Radeon 4870 and some more RAM. I don't know which version yet, but I'll look into it later. The reason for this sudden change of mind: PS2 version got bad reviews, and it really doesn't look all that exciting. And can someone explain me why is it so hard go give a guy the reverse grip on PS2 version? Is it because of the Wii version cause they use the same engine or what?

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 16 September 2008 - 09:16 PM

It's because they try and put an obviously current gen game on last gen consoles. Think about it, the Wii makes up for poor graphics with new gameplay aspects using the Wiimote and Nunchuck.

The PS2? They just take core gameplay out and dumb down the graphics so the old hardware can handle it. You can't run DMM, Euphoria, or the other one (Havok?) at the same time on PS2, it could barely handle DMM or Euphoria on their own.

Ronnyboy
  • Ronnyboy

Blind leading the deaf, leading the socially inept.

• Members

Posted 16 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

I played the Demo, have to say I was impressed. I don't think I will be buying it though. I enjoyed using the force, and I liked being able to just pick up sh*t and throw it randomly, but I see the fun factor of that wearing off quick. I did enjoy movie Tie Fighters around in the hangar, and I also liked taking them out with that metal bar you could move.

Is there any online MP?

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 16 September 2008 - 11:59 PM

Nah, there's no multiplayer, but I don't see how they could have implemented it anyways.

So far, it's a really fun game, never had this much fun playing a star wars game before.

Duke Nukem
  • Duke Nukem

• The Connection

Posted 17 September 2008 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Sep 16 2008, 17:59)
Nah, there's no multiplayer, but I don't see how they could have implemented it anyways.

So far, it's a really fun game, never had this much fun playing a star wars game before.

I've heard it's loads of fun, but the major downside is there's only around 9 missions. If that's true, I'll certainly wait until it's less than $40.

Kaj.
  • Kaj.

Shift Happens.

• The Connection

Posted 17 September 2008 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (Duke Nukem @ Sep 16 2008, 19:40)

I've heard it's loads of fun, but the major downside is there's only around 9 missions. If that's true, I'll certainly wait until it's less than $40.

Regardless of the missions, they are rather lengthy.

And to be honest, I see myself replaying this loads of times to just kill stuff in new and exciting ways.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 17 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (-Kajun- @ Sep 17 2008, 03:34)
QUOTE (Duke Nukem @ Sep 16 2008, 19:40)

Regardless of the missions, they are rather lengthy.

And to be honest, I see myself replaying this loads of times to just kill stuff in new and exciting ways.

YES, we all love to kill in exciting and new ways devil.gif
Especially with a lightsaber. Lightsaber is probably the coolest weapon ever (even though it doesn't really exist). Search your feelings. You know it's true!

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 17 September 2008 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE (Duke Nukem @ Sep 17 2008, 01:40)

Really? I thought it was confirmed that there was at least 18 missions.

Zak.
  • Zak.

slippi

• The Connection

Posted 18 September 2008 - 06:03 AM

Pretty god damn fun. Couldn't put it down until homework called. Besides a few glitches with the blocking system, so far it's been really enjoyable.

Ottae
  • Ottae

(/'ɒteɪ/)

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:19 PM

Downloading the demo now. Been looking forward to this for a while, can't wait to actually play it, even if it is the demo.

Vercetti21
  • Vercetti21

V21

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 18 September 2008 - 10:35 PM

Played the demo. It was fun... for about five minutes.

It's too bland and repetitive. Maybe I'm not in the position to say that the whole game is repetitive, but the demo pretty much destroyed all hopes for me wanting to buy or even rent it.

The first impressions were cool, I remember thinking, "Ohh, cool... Force Grip is just like Psi-Ops's telekinesis." Which was a good thing. Learning the controls, I figured out how to hop around, use Force Lightning and Push, and how to slash with my lightsaber (unfortunately, "slashing" is all it is - one button assigned to the lightsaber - WTF? Of course, I let this go because the game centers around force powers.) But then, when I used all of these techniques on helpless storm troopers, I felt a void. Yeah, it was cool picking up a TIE fighter and smashing it against the hanger forcefield. And yes, it was fun to send explosive barrels hurling into enemies. But then I couldn't help but feel, "isn't there something else?"

I just felt like there was a lack of originality in the gameplay. We've seen this a thousand times before, it's just Star Wars themed. The classic "run around and kill everything in sight with no strategy involved" game - which can be fun, don't get me wrong, but let's face it: all you have to use at your disposal is the Force and your lightsaber, and you're practically invincible.

The animations/euphoria is cool, but I just get bored seeing the same ol' lightsaber slash and force throw, even after I unlocked some of the combos. Just felt like the game could've used some diversity, I don't know.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 19 September 2008 - 12:10 AM

I still haven't gotten it yet, I've been to far consumed by Spore.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users