184 replies to this topic
Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 August 2008 - 03:51 PM

QUOTE (Seddo @ Aug 25 2008, 16:48)
QUOTE (papanesta)
A lot of times using the right trigger just wouldn't pick anything up, even if you were surrounded by objects.

Yeah i was noticing that but then i also noticed on the left hand side of the screen where all those bars are, that, there needs to be some blue bar, if it's empty it, the apprentice won't pick nothing up.

Thats the Force Gauge. Its there to run out and annoy you and let you get shot while you stand around trying to pick up a stormtrooper.

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:09 PM

I was unimpressed by the demo. With the kick ass engines they combined I expected something better.

And maybe I'm being picky, but one of the first things that put me off was the turning of the character. The way he sort of just jumps into any direction you point to with the analog stick.

The game just doesn't make you feel powerful and I'm pretty sure that was one of the goals. confused.gif

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:11 PM

Damn, they're really building a franchise from this game:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Force_Unleashed (http://starwars.wiki...Force_Unleashed)

nutboy
  • nutboy

The Badman

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2008 - 04:31 PM

Im downloading this huge ass demo on my new ps3. I was always wondering who was a better jedi anikan or luke?

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (nutboy @ Aug 25 2008, 08:31)
Im downloading this huge ass demo on my new ps3. I was always wondering who was a better jedi anikan or luke?

Anakin was never a jedi...right? notify.gif

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:39 PM

I don't know about episode 1, but I guess you can consider him a jedi in episode 2 and some of the early parts of episode 3.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 25 August 2008 - 06:47 PM

Personally I'm impressed (with the demo). I like the amount of objects you can interact with and use the force on, the settings/backgrounds visually are brilliant. Not too much is given away but I love force lifting an enemy and throwing my lightsaber at them to impale them with it.

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 25 August 2008 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (G MONEY $$$ @ Aug 25 2008, 11:37)
QUOTE (nutboy @ Aug 25 2008, 08:31)
Im downloading this huge ass demo on my new ps3.  I was always wondering who was a better jedi anikan or luke?

Anakin was never a jedi...right? notify.gif

Anakin became a full fledged Jedi knight during the clone wars.

Although he was powerful enough to be a Jedi master, he wasn't level headed enough. Luke (strictly speaking about the movies) was no where near the strength of Anakin before he was defeated by Obi Wan.[/geek]

Andyzoot
  • Andyzoot

Player Hater

• Zaibatsu

Posted 25 August 2008 - 08:01 PM

I thought the demo was alright. Hopefully some more combos will beef it up but the ones that were there were cool so far mixing the force push with lightening etc. Yes the lack of ability to to walk while moving was a bit gay. I expected to be able to move with the left stick while using the right stick to control the movement of the object. I don't know about you but I don't think I changed the altitude of the object I was controlling at all. Without being able to move while using the force I found the end of the demo pretty difficult.

At the point where the tie fighters are flying by shooting you there are some girder like things which you can manipulate. You can make them rise up but I don't understand the point of it, it doesn't seem to do anything. But it was fun lobbing something at a Tie fighter as it flew by devil.gif

Spartacus
  • Spartacus

We always work alone.

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:01 AM

Not sure if I'm just doing it wrong, but is it just me or is it very hard to target stuff? Other than that it was great, the force really does feel powerful, but unfortunately I have sort of an itchy trigger finger so I tend to deplete it really fast.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 01:24 AM

I will be buying this game, I have downloaded and played the demo several times already.

AlianAnt
  • AlianAnt

For those about to rock!

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 August 2008 - 02:35 AM

I was really looking forward to this, and the demo totally turned me off to it. The Force feels really powerful, but I'm so damn sick and tired of f*cking stamina bars. "Hey, here's the whole point of the game. The Force and all. But we're only gonna let you use it so much! HA! HOPE YOU'RE GOOD WITH THE LIGHT SABER!" That'd be like Crackdown only letting you jump so much, or use super strength so much.

I mean, last I checked, The Emperor was shooting lightning from his fingertips for however the f*ck long he felt like doing it. I know he's The Emperor and all, but if I'm supposedly the third most powerful Force wielder in the galaxy, I should be able to pick up more than four objects in a row, or shoot lighting in more than half-second bursts.

Skimask101
  • Skimask101

No

• Members

Posted 26 August 2008 - 03:04 AM

I just hoping think make a "Knights of The Old Republic:III"

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:22 AM

Can someone who's played the demo tell me how long the Force takes to recharge?
It sounds like it could get pretty annoying.

nutboy
  • nutboy

The Badman

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Damo. @ Aug 26 2008, 10:22)

it goes fast but also comes back fast

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 26 August 2008 - 10:49 AM

QUOTE (nutboy @ Aug 26 2008, 18:42)
QUOTE (Damo. @ Aug 26 2008, 10:22)

it goes fast but also comes back fast

Amongst other things. sigh.gif

Skimask101: I think this was originally intended to be KOTOR 3, but after showing George Lucas a picture of a force explosion, he told them to make a game out of it.

G MONEY $$$
  • G MONEY $$$

Moneybaggz

• The Connection

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:19 PM

Where are all these, "this was supposed to be KOTOR 3" rumours coming from?

KOTOR 3 is the MMO and it's being developed by BioWare since they're the original developers of the KOTOR series and I'm pretty sure they're the ones that hold the rights.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (G MONEY $$$ @ Aug 26 2008, 18:19)
Where are all these, "this was supposed to be KOTOR 3" rumours coming from?

KOTOR 3 is the MMO and it's being developed by BioWare since they're the original developers of the KOTOR series and I'm pretty sure they're the ones that hold the rights.

I doubt the MMO will be KOTOR 3. Possibly an MMO spin-off of KOTOR but there's no way they'd turn a perfectly good RPG into an MMO, at least not as the next full installment.

Doctor Emmett L. Brown
  • Doctor Emmett L. Brown

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

I saw that game last year in PC world, must have got delayed!

Gouveia
  • Gouveia

Back to Los Santos

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 26 August 2008 - 05:46 PM

No internet connection in my house = instafail.

Damn sad.gif

WalkerBoh
  • WalkerBoh

smells quite odiferous

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 August 2008 - 05:56 AM

Demo was allright. A little repetitive.

Ill rent it icon14.gif

dragonrock
  • dragonrock

trannies

• Members

Posted 30 August 2008 - 10:43 PM

Demo was cool, hopefully the game wil; be great.
/

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:12 AM

I could understand why they give you a force meter. It's way easier to dispatch enemies with force powers, than with the saber. It's sort of a way to keep you using the saber, as well as creating a challenge in making you use your powers conservatively.

brz59
  • brz59

Wiseguy

• Members

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:51 PM

Sith Lord difficulty is where the real fun is at. At that difficulty, you have to actually play the game, unlike the lower difficulties, where you're pretty much invincible.
I automatically changed my opinion about the game, when I played that difficulty, easier difficulties were simply just too boring.

Gonna get the full, when it comes out.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 26 2008, 10:49)

Skimask101: I think this was originally intended to be KOTOR 3, but after showing George Lucas a picture of a force explosion, he told them to make a game out of it.

No. Not the case. KOTOR 3 is a MMORPG. Which was the plan since WoW came out, and SWG went down the drain. Bioware and Lucasarts have confirmed this.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (pizza guy @ Aug 31 2008, 15:42)
QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Aug 26 2008, 10:49)

No. Not the case. KOTOR 3 is a MMORPG. Which was the plan since WoW came out, and SWG went down the drain. Bioware and Lucasarts have confirmed this.

It hasn't been confirmed. All that's known is Bioware and Lucasarts are making an MMO. It is unknown whether it's based on KOTOR or not. A few off-hand rumours are all that's been said about a KOTOR MMO.
Even if it is, it wouldn't be called KOTOR 3, as it'd most likely be a spin-off.

pizza guy
  • pizza guy

Power!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Members
  • England

Posted 31 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

It was confirmed at E3 that there is a KOTOR MMORPG in the works, nothing about KOTOR3 at all.
I find it highly unlikely that bioware would spend their time making two star wars games based in the same timeline at once. They wouldn't rush it. Look at what KOTOR 2 could have been if it wasn't rushed out.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2008 - 06:36 PM

Anyone know if there will ever be a new Battlefront Star Wars? I know their out of places to fight but their such good games.

Damo.
  • Damo.

Gangsta

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 01 September 2008 - 08:51 PM

Well I just pre-ordered my copy from Play. Now all I can do is wait in anticipation.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 01 September 2008 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (lloydo @ Aug 31 2008, 13:36)
Anyone know if there will ever be a new Battlefront Star Wars? I know their out of places to fight but their such good games.

I'm eagerly awaiting another one as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users