Quantcast

» «
Photo

Vehicle objects not linking to dummies correcty?

9 replies to this topic
[DRuG]Slick
  • [DRuG]Slick

The Wheelman

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

I have my vehicle all finished, the hierarchy is all placed fine. However the objects that are supposed to be linked to the dummies don't seem to be "linking" properly. For instance, the doors, wheels, boot are all pivoting around the center of the vehicle, not its relevant dummy.

I am using gmax with Kam's scripts.

Any help is welcome, thanks.

derty
  • derty

My member's custom title is "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:32 AM

greetz slick, I r [DRuG]jerz <3

I think it is possible that at one time your wheel was connected to the rest of your model, and when
you detached it kept its local coordinates setup. Try selecting only the wheel and reset the x-form
(kams modeling helper > size/alignment solver is fastest, remember to collapse the modifier
stack after). Hopefully this helps, tho vehicles are not my strong suit :x

-derty

[DRuG]Slick
  • [DRuG]Slick

The Wheelman

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:43 AM

Hey jerz! smile.gif Thanks to you the wheels, doors, hood and boot now all move perfectly. Still big problem, in GTA garage mod manager the car looks perfectly fine, same with gmax and zmodeler. However in game it messes up big time. Here is a screenie...

user posted image

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

whoaaa Sick, now that is WILD! Is that white splotch above it one of the windscreens?
Is ANY part of the car in the right place? (mainly the parts you remedied above)?
Which vehicle does this replace? Or is it an Added ID with the limit adjuster?
I wonder if this is anything to do with vehicles.ide or handling.cfg.

If you spawn it, is it drivable? Can you get a couple more screens?

in awe,
-derty

[DRuG]Slick
  • [DRuG]Slick

The Wheelman

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:58 AM

Yes that is the windscreen lol, currently the wheels, taillights, headlights, exhaust smoke etc are all in the correct place. So everything directly under the first link in the hierarchy is ok. However everything in the chassis_dummy is just completely messed up. Not much else to see in another screenie, I tried replacing the sabre and hotring racer but they were both the same. Yes the car is drivable but in that state u saw in the screenshot.

Thanks in advance. smile.gif

derty
  • derty

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:38 PM

Try resetting the xform on any of the pieces that are in the wrong place.

Have you edited it's handling line? I ask again because I just came across this snippet:

is it possible to lower the back of a car without lowering the front.
im trying to lower a skyline and an s15 but to get the back to sit right the front wheels dont sit well.
i was messing around with some flags aswell. the one called axle_r_mcpherson which made the front stick right up in the air.
any ideas.
much apretiated

I'm not a vehicle head, and I'm surprised we havent seen some come in here yet.
Not even Nikt mercie_blink.gif This might mean you are a first biggrin.gif

CHILLI
  • CHILLI

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 05:55 PM

I'm only saying MAYBE about this, but maybe you built the model on the wrong axis? I, though, is using sketchup, and I noticed that all my older models I made wasnt facing the right way. like the right door was the front xD

but that is what I think may happened to go wrong... I hope the luck is with you ^^

KnightProwl
  • KnightProwl

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 January 2008 - 12:30 AM

hey, im really good with utting cars into SA, i know almost all about it, let me have a look see of the model, and if i get this thing working, ill think about helping you when ya need it slick wink.gif , my msn is [email protected], plz add me to msn man, i am more then willing to help ya, as i am a big Ddukes of hazzard and knight rider fan myself, anyways, tty soon slick, peace out smile.gif

Orangeh
  • Orangeh

Oh emmm Geeez

• Members

Posted 26 January 2008 - 04:14 PM

Yeh I was/ still kinda having this exact same problem with my bus except the game crashes when i try to enter it lol

jeffthegta33
  • jeffthegta33

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 December 2013 - 05:50 AM

can i have a link because the genral i have it keeps coming up with big custom wheels or as they say the wheels it comes with but it won't shrink the mesh wheels. so yeah plz heres my email [email protected] apreciated if done as soon as possible thx

signed jeff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users