Photo

Bank Robbery Mission

10 replies to this topic
dbh1212
  • dbh1212

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:51 AM

Maybe this has been answered before but Im too lazy to sift through hundreds of posts.

I am playing the bank robbery mission after i have gained access to helicopters in the game. This is for the Malibu Club Asset. I am aware that some people consider this one of the hardest missions, but I thought of a clever way to get away from the front of the bank with ease. Only problem is getting rid of the stars without cheating.

I set up a heli behind the bank in the little sandlot right after handing the taxi over to Hillary. I grabbed the heli from the Estate.
After parking it, I step into the pink ring to change clothes, and go about the mission normally. When I exit the bank, instead of firing at the police, I just run back to the helicopter and let the guys hop in. We are now up in the air relatively safe from harm, but I want to know if theres any way to either clear my stars in a PaynSpray (in a heli??) or some kind of clever way to get out of the situation. I know using a car probably wont be too difficult, but Im just curious about this because Vice City is currently paused with Vercetti and the guys in the helicopter and I didnt think far enough ahead to know what to do.

Any ideas?

Steve Crook
  • Steve Crook

Player

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (dbh1212 @ Jan 19 2008, 07:51)
Maybe this has been answered before but Im too lazy to sift through hundreds of posts.

I am playing the bank robbery mission after i have gained access to helicopters in the game. This is for the Malibu Club Asset. I am aware that some people consider this one of the hardest missions, but I thought of a clever way to get away from the front of the bank with ease. Only problem is getting rid of the stars without cheating.

I set up a heli behind the bank in the little sandlot right after handing the taxi over to Hillary. I grabbed the heli from the Estate.
After parking it, I step into the pink ring to change clothes, and go about the mission normally. When I exit the bank, instead of firing at the police, I just run back to the helicopter and let the guys hop in. We are now up in the air relatively safe from harm, but I want to know if theres any way to either clear my stars in a PaynSpray (in a heli??) or some kind of clever way to get out of the situation. I know using a car probably wont be too difficult, but Im just curious about this because Vice City is currently paused with Vercetti and the guys in the helicopter and I didnt think far enough ahead to know what to do.

Any ideas?

You can't take a helicopter into a pay'n'spray.
But there are at least 3 police bribes you can fly though to clear the wanted stars.

One down behind the car showroom
One along the trench behind the pay'n'spray
One up north from there towards the big hotel

I use a similar trick except that I just leave a car or a bike in that sandy area.
Can you fit both your partners in a helicopter? I presume you can from what you said. I've never tried getting more than one passenger in there.

Steve

dbh1212
  • dbh1212

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 08:22 AM

thanks a lot man. Yep, I think you can get up to 3 passengers in a copter, as the one I was in had 4 doors. Dunno if there are other types. Thanks for the tips man, appreciated.

BadTouch
  • BadTouch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2008 - 10:28 AM Edited by BadTouch, 19 January 2008 - 10:37 AM.

QUOTE (dbh1212 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:51)

Any ideas?

If you have already bought the Sunshine Autos you should park a fast car directly in front of the Spray 'n' go, then, when your wanted level rises, you could fly over there, grab the car and drive straight in the Spray 'n' go, then roll safely towards Cam's house. Pay attention not to mess around the bank you've just robbed, 'cause some hostile SWATs remain there for a while, even if your wanted level drops.

SkyNinja
  • SkyNinja

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2008 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Jan 19 2008, 07:58)
You can't take a helicopter into a pay'n'spray.

I do it all the time. confused.gif

uathebestfromgta
  • uathebestfromgta

Game addicted

• Members

Posted 19 August 2009 - 11:05 AM

idk why but when i get into the elevator for the first time, i can see cam going in the elevator too,but he dissapears,appears a few metres away,walks in to the elevator again,and teleports a few metres away again.i cant find a way to solve this glitch,because when i enter the elevator,the door doesnt close but im not allowed to move,and since im stuck and cant get upstairs,i cant complete the mission.

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 20 August 2009 - 02:25 PM

I know you can fit at least some of the choppers in the pay n spray-- it will put wheels on the sea sparrow if you fly it in there... it should be possible to fly the maverick in there but probably a bit dicey-- the pay n spray at sunshine autos is the widest and probably easiest to fly into.

Easier to clear your stars using the police bribes indicated above though.. I grab those when on vigilante (brown thunder) to keep my wanted level down...

spaceeinstein
  • spaceeinstein

巧克力

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 August 2009 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (uathebestfromgta @ Aug 19 2009, 06:05)
idk why but when i get into the elevator for the first time, i can see cam going in the elevator too,but he dissapears,appears a few metres away,walks in to the elevator again,and teleports a few metres away again.i cant find a way to solve this glitch,because when i enter the elevator,the door doesnt close but im not allowed to move,and since im stuck and cant get upstairs,i cant complete the mission.

The mission gets funky with the script trying to get NPC to follow you. Restarting the mission should be fine.

Taking a helicopter to the bank and using it to escape is such a hassle and time consuming. The Taxi is enough for me to reach the Little Haiti Pay n Spray (with popped tires by then).

MyDog
  • MyDog

Niko Bellic's my burazer

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 23 August 2009 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Steve Crook @ Jan 19 2008, 07:58)
Can you fit both your partners in a helicopter? I presume you can from what you said. I've never tried getting more than one passenger in there.

Steve

You can kill Cam so Phil mustn't fight with him over the seat biggrin.gif

GTA_Loco
  • GTA_Loco

Make Things Differently

• Members

Posted 03 November 2009 - 09:39 PM

There are certain missions that freeze you wanted level. You can take advantage of these missions to rob stores.

Canoxa
  • Canoxa

Woosh.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 03 November 2009 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (GTA_Loco @ Nov 3 2009, 22:39)
There are certain missions that freeze you wanted level. You can take advantage of these missions to rob stores.

Thank you for your input, but that's not the question here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users