Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:25 AM

Hopefully a release date. yawn.gif

NintendoFanboy
  • NintendoFanboy

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (Jordan @ Jan 18 2008, 06:19)
Rockstar Games representatives showed a lot of great new and exciting stuff to those that will be releasing previews next week. No multi-player stuff yet, but you will not be disappointed with the new tidbits!

Hey Jordan, any word on a release date coming soon?

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:34 AM

QUOTE (NintendoFanboy @ Jan 18 2008, 06:31)
QUOTE (Jordan @ Jan 18 2008, 06:19)
Rockstar Games representatives showed a lot of great new and exciting stuff to those that will be releasing previews next week.  No multi-player stuff yet, but you will not be disappointed with the new tidbits!

Hey Jordan, any word on a release date coming soon?

It's been all over websites.

That we should all expect a release date soon by the end of this month.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 06:59 AM Edited by Darrel, 18 January 2008 - 07:04 AM.

Yep brilliant, just what i wanted to hear icon14.gif

Good find NintendoFanboy

Marz_685
  • Marz_685

29th..

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:16 AM

humener humener humener humener humener sheka sheka.......... RELEASE THE GAME! you know you want to!!!! more news is painfully good cause it gets me all hyped again and the days drag on...... nervous.gif wow.gif

defibrillator
  • defibrillator

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:19 AM

Does anybody know if Kiziko will be shown anything? They never leave any detail left unnoticed.

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake @ Jan 18 2008, 05:20)
QUOTE (CryptReaperDorian @ Jan 18 2008, 05:18)
@ Don Garcia:  You got to put that pic. back in your sig., LOL.

I would, but people's reactions were pretty much juvenile and idiotic.

yeah am i even copied you

"me and oblivion"

it was in my sig for about 2 days but then i changed it

then hayden stasven
sent me a PM of him and GRAW 2

it was the best one

on Topic: also good that the release date is out at the end of the month
"woot woot" yeah so this preview may show it maybe they will show the preview publicly on the net.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 07:31 AM

QUOTE (defibrillator @ Jan 18 2008, 07:19)
Does anybody know if Kiziko will be shown anything? They never leave any detail left unnoticed.

Yes they were shown their demo this week. Expect a preview from them.

NoSkillz187
  • NoSkillz187

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:17 AM

This is great! But i really cant wait for the Kikizo one. Anyone know when they will post theirs?

LemKo
  • LemKo

GT: Tommy Xy

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:21 AM

They receive demo ?

They don't have to go to R* office so?

You think they will send us them playing this demo? tounge2.gif

I doubt... confused.gif

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:31 AM

QUOTE (LemKo @ Jan 18 2008, 08:21)
They receive demo ?

They don't have to go to R* office so?

You think they will send us them playing this demo? tounge2.gif

I doubt... confused.gif

No, they didnt received a demo. IGN, GameSpy and TeamXbox viewed theirs at a hotel in San Francisco. While i think Kikizo and other UK based teams view them at Rockstar London?

GANGSTA_GRILLZ
  • GANGSTA_GRILLZ

S.U.C 4 LIFE (screwed up click)

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 08:35 AM

straight up. bout' time we got some new info. hopefully it's PS3 oriented.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:13 AM

Sounds pretty good, and I don't now about it being ps3 related. Seeing how the lady who's over the 360 section posted it, but that does bring something to mind, what are R* hiding in the Ps3 version? Has anyone given a review on a PS3 build??

crux989
  • crux989

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:14 AM Edited by crux989, 18 January 2008 - 09:17 AM.

Its not Kikizo...

but it'll have to do for now ph34r.gif

~edit~

Sounds pretty good, and I don't now about it being ps3 related. Seeing how the lady who's over the 360 section posted it, but that does bring something to mind, what are R* hiding in the Ps3 version? Has anyone given a review on a PS3 build??

There was nothing to hide. Up till when those reviews were released the PS3 version was behind. If youre going to show off one version dont you think theyd show the better of the two?

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:20 AM

QUOTE (crux989 @ Jan 18 2008, 09:14)
Its not Kikizo...

but it'll have to do for now ph34r.gif

~edit~

There was nothing to hide. Up till when those reviews were released the PS3 version was behind. If youre going to show off one version dont you think theyd show the better of the two?

Well who says which is better? I was just saying that by only showing one build your feeding into the thoughts that the PS3 version was seriously behind or lacking. Being a company as big as R* they don't want to give the impression that one is better then the other.

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:28 AM

QUOTE (ryuclan @ Jan 18 2008, 09:20)
Its not Kikizo...

but it'll have to do for now  ph34r.gif

~edit~

Well who says which is better? I was just saying that by only showing one build your feeding into the thoughts that the PS3 version was seriously behind or lacking. Being a company as big as R* they don't want to give the impression that one is better then the other.

watever system its on it will be great in this preview

crux989
  • crux989

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:34 AM

Its not Kikizo...

~edit~

Logic sort of explains that if you spend more time on one project over another its better. Its like having two paintings of a the exact same person done in the exact same way; but one is half complete while the other has barely even started being worked on.

Unless you dont want to see the game as its upmost potential. I suppose in that case the latter of the two Would be the better.

Theres no assumptions about it. Not to mention they literally explained why the PS3 build wasnt being shown off.

'"It's still a week or two behind," Rockstar told us, saying that we'll "absolutely" get to see it soon, but that for demo purposes this version was easier to show.'
http://games.kikizo....707/115_p01.asp

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (crux989 @ Jan 18 2008, 09:34)
Its not Kikizo...

~edit~

Logic sort of explains that if you spend more time on one project over another its better. Its like having two paintings of a the exact same person done in the exact same way; but one is half complete while the other has barely even started being worked on.

Unless you dont want to see the game as its upmost potential. I suppose in that case the latter of the two Would be the better.

Theres no assumptions about it. Not to mention they literally explained why the PS3 build wasnt being shown off.

'"It's still a week or two behind," Rockstar told us, saying that we'll "absolutely" get to see it soon, but that for demo purposes this version was easier to show.'

I would assume the PS3 version has caught up, if not why?. I really do think this time the PS3 version was shown.

crux989
  • crux989

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (Darrel @ Jan 18 2008, 09:41)
Its not Kikizo...

~edit~

I would assume the PS3 version has caught up, if not why?. I really do think this time the PS3 version was shown.

Im thinkin the same, too. With the delay theres no reason to think the PS3 is behind. In fact, Im willin to bet the reason why the previews are being released now is Because it has caught up. Maybe even because its finished? ho sh*t ^^

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:48 AM

QUOTE (crux989 @ Jan 18 2008, 09:47)
QUOTE (Darrel @ Jan 18 2008, 09:41)
Its not Kikizo...

~edit~

Im thinkin the same, too. With the delay theres no reason to think the PS3 is behind. In fact, Im willin to bet the reason why the previews are being released now is Because it has caught up. Maybe even because its finished? ho sh*t ^^

Yeah, hopefully colgate.gif

crux989
  • crux989

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:51 AM

I know Wednesday is ~counts on fingers~ only 5 days away, but it still just feels so far away..

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:53 AM

QUOTE (crux989 @ Jan 18 2008, 09:51)
I know Wednesday is ~counts on fingers~ only 5 days away, but it still just feels so far away..

lol yeah. I just want to read the god damn thing now smile.gif

ak-4seven
  • ak-4seven

Playa

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

exciting!!! this should be in the official news section

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 09:57 AM

First thanks NintendoFanboy for notifying us about the date we can expect at least the IGN preview.

Secondly the Playstation 3 version should be up to the same point as the XBOX 360 version, they have like what close to 200 people working on the game right? So I imagine that both versions are near finished now because Grand Theft Auto IV only releases in a few months.

For anyone who is from Britain do you think the preview will be online from early Wednesday morning or late Wednesday night? monocle.gif

I am looking forward to the fact that the preview will have "lots to talk about" and I know the graphics have been really cranked up according to the various journalists who have already viewed the demonstration this week.

MyNameIsMahir
  • MyNameIsMahir

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:01 AM

wow that makesme really happy smile.gif

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:08 AM

they are so lucky to have actually seen GTA 4. Hope they tell us a bit more about what it actually plays and looks like this time.

oh and did anyone try and film it or were they banned from using cameras again?

ishouldntbehere
  • ishouldntbehere

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (GTASIX @ Jan 18 2008, 10:08)
they are so lucky to have actually seen GTA 4. Hope they tell us a bit more about what it actually plays and looks like this time.

I like to watch the 1up Show, and sometimes when they get previews, they have lots of in game footage to splice into their video while they talk about it. I hope they'll do the same with IV, but, it may just be an article. I guess we'll find out soon.

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:20 AM Edited by MysteryGamer, 18 January 2008 - 10:24 AM.

QUOTE (GTASIX @ Jan 18 2008, 10:08)

Cameras will not be allowed no. I think everyone who views the game will all have to sign non-disclosure agreements too especially because there may be parts of the game they all see and Rockstar wish for them to keep quiet about it.

I bet Rockstar have security that search everyone before they get to see the demonstration just in case someone tries to be smart and sneak one in. No-one would be stupid enough to try though because it would be unprofessional and likely Rockstar would refuse them to see any demonstrations of their games in future.

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:33 AM

QUOTE (MysteryGamer @ Jan 18 2008, 10:20)
No-one would be stupid enough to try though because it would be unprofessional and likely Rockstar would refuse them to see any demonstrations of their games in future.

blush.gif hmm. i would. you'd be famous. if you sold it to a games magazine think of the money!

Chillay
  • Chillay

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 18 January 2008 - 10:51 AM

its funny that JUST two days ago the local shops are allowing us to preorder

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users