Last requests

11 replies to this topic
jheath
  • jheath

Nameless Redshirt

• Members

Posted 16 January 2008 - 01:06 AM

Quick mission recap

Salvatore asks you to do one last favor for him: take a car to the crushers to dispose of some evidence. He implies that you're in for a special treat after the job--you're a made man, after all!

Instead Maria pages you: the car is a trap, and your new objective is to get to the dock. If you get in the car anyway, it's rigged to blow.

Completing the request anyway?

I've always felt bad about leaving Salvatore's last request unfulfilled. Leaving a job half-done is just unprofessional. It shows bad attitude. Heck, if you finish it, maybe the old man would even forget his plan to kill you, and throw you that big party he's been promising.

So yeah, I was bored and pushed decided to push the "last requests" car all the way to the crusher. I watched with interest as the crane lowered the vehicle in. Would I get a message? Maybe a bizarre mission failed? Maybe a... nothing. Absolutely nothing. It was, as I expected, a total waste of time.

Oh well, at least I satisfied my curiousity.

Emotion98.3
  • Emotion98.3

Rawr

• Members

Posted 16 January 2008 - 02:11 AM Edited by Emotion98.3, 16 January 2008 - 02:20 AM.

Well That Was Nice of You....R* YOU BETTER GET YOUR BUTTS IN HERE...so i can explain to you why you didnt put up a prize at the end

Emotion 98.3 hands jheath a Kuruma Kunvertable specially equipped with a cassette deck.

and a dormatron blanket in the back seat moto_whistle.gif moto_whistle.gif tounge.gif

Bartleby
  • Bartleby

Not Bob Marley

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 January 2008 - 03:40 AM

Interesting idea. There's always been a lot of speculation on what the game could have been like had you continued your allegiance with the Leone Family. In a way I was kind of hoping you'd find something as I was reading, even though I knew you wouldn't as the game files have been pored over by modders for over six years now. Still, at least your idea is pretty original.

@Emotion98.3: Me tags:

Bartleby is awesome
CODE
[me]is awesome[/me]

gilly11
  • gilly11

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:38 AM

yeah ive always wondered what might have been.

Thankyou for taking the time on behalf of the curious ones tounge2.gif

Rockstar probably didnt program a mission fail or pass unless you actually got in the car, thinking that people would just follow instructions. And for the curious ones, blown up in a car or just the silent treatment mad.gif

(Del)
  • (Del)

Godfather

• Members

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:33 AM Edited by (Del), 07 April 2008 - 02:17 AM.

Off Topic: I knew it was dodgy anyway, no Mafia boss would ever have a man "made" so quickly, we've all seen Goodfellas (Which was based on a true story), it took Tommy DeVito (played by Joe Pesci) years, and then Claude comes along, pulls off 7/8 missions and gets called up.

Mzeppelin
  • Mzeppelin

The Don

• Members

Posted 07 April 2008 - 12:39 AM

Haha I guess that must've took ages to push that car there. And that would be a dissapointing thing to not get any kind of thing for that.

ClaudeSpeed_ToniLeonefan1
  • ClaudeSpeed_ToniLeonefan1

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:17 AM

Your Logic was a good one but I don't think R* ever intended on that happening, the Leone's just felt......threatened by Claude and wanted him dead. But like you say what could of happened.....I always thought that Luigi would give more missions cause I felt that Luigi hadn't got enough out of Claude but we will never know.

OG Sunny
  • OG Sunny

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

When i tried this i got in the car and it exploded like it had one of 8balls car bombs in it.

OG Sunny
  • OG Sunny

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

oh yeah pushed it sorry didn't read it right

rishi90
  • rishi90

Rishi

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 01:50 PM

What? I enter the car and i got blow up! -_-

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:07 PM

You have to read Maria's PM before entering the car. This will give you idea on why it explodes (this is, without spoiling)

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 May 2011 - 02:09 PM

How did you actually manage to push it to the crusher without it blowing up first? Cars in GTAIII blow up pretty fast, they can't handle a lot of damage. I've tried to do this myself before but the car would blow up before I even got out of the neighbourhood.

But yeah it pretty much is a waste of time. And I still believe the car was rigged by the Yakuza, not the Leones. But we'll never know that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users